• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'm pretty sure he was going from worst to best, it's the only way it makes sense. Though I'd disagree that Samus is 3rd worst.
It doesn't make sense even if that's the case tbh. Ganondorf > Captain Falcon? Yeah, blatantly....

(And before you mention that Ganondorf was above Captain Falcon previously, Wolf was above Olimar in the first tier list...)

Nanaki

Smash Lord
It doesn't make sense even if that's the case tbh. Ganondorf > Captain Falcon? Yeah, blatantly....

(And before you mention that Ganondorf was above Captain Falcon previously, Wolf was above Olimar in the first tier list...)
Plenty of people argue that Ganon>CF. There was a pretty huge debate about it at one point, I thought. People argued that CF could actually punish mistakes somewhat, while others argued that Ganon had some sort of range advantage and his pure power made up for every single one of his attacks being punishable on reaction (besides grab).

As it stands, I think Ganon is way worse. If your opponent has even a slight idea of what Ganon's attacks look like and isn't absolutely terrible, you lose (unless you're Ganon too).

I just figured his list was worst to best because there's no way Jiggs, Link, and Samus are worse than CF and Ganon.

Frown

poekmon
MT, you need to stop telling people their theories are "laughable". "Laughable" would be to say Megaman is mid tier.

Btw, I listed the worst characters. I think Captain Falcon is at the bottom.

He is nigh unbeatable on certain stages, though. He's a CP monster, which makes taking a set from him really hard if he wins the first match.

Recovery doesn't mean much in Brawl unless it's REALLY bad (like, Link/Ivy bad).
Recovery still means a lot though. Falco's recovery is not what I call horrible. He can pretty much always recover from a situation given a high 2nd jump and good horizontal recovery. The problem lies in the recovery's predictability, and ease to gimp it. Get someone with a long lasting hitbox and aim it on the stage and you'll find it easy to hit falco out of phantasm. It's a bit harder to aim with smashes, but still possible.

The biggest factor I see in Falco's demise lies in his killing ability. Falco cannot really kill reliably. If Falco is killing anyone it's typically at 150%+ and the opponent had just made a mistake at the time of which Falco took the chance to kill. Luckily he does have fall back methods if the opponent gets too much damage. Tilts become lethal weapons at higher percents.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
MT, you need to stop telling people their theories are "laughable". "Laughable" would be to say Megaman is mid tier.

Btw, I listed the worst characters. I think Captain Falcon is at the bottom.
I thought I had read that right.

Recovery still means a lot though. Falco's recovery is not what I call horrible. He can pretty much always recover from a situation given a high 2nd jump and good horizontal recovery. The problem lies in the recovery's predictability, and ease to gimp it. Get someone with a long lasting hitbox and aim it on the stage and you'll find it easy to hit falco out of phantasm. It's a bit harder to aim with smashes, but still possible.

The biggest factor I see in Falco's demise lies in his killing ability. Falco cannot really kill reliably. If Falco is killing anyone it's typically at 150%+ and the opponent had just made a mistake at the time of which Falco took the chance to kill. Luckily he does have fall back methods if the opponent gets too much damage. Tilts become lethal weapons at higher percents.
You can say that about a ton of recoveries though (that they're easy to gimp/predict), the Illusion/Phantasm just seem easier because people have been practicing the gimp on those since Melee and have become quite good at it. At least Falco/Fox get somewhat of a 50/50 with being able to choose to go for the stage or ledge, and it's not completely and totally predictable (unless the player controlling him is).

As for killing ability, he's definitely not as good as Snake or Wario, but he's no worse than Diddy. He doesn't have particularly strong finishers, but setting them up is easier with him than with most.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I dunno, I think Diddy sets up for kills much easier than Falco.

Nanners work well in tandem with his smashes, and set up for more in different situations.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Diddy still has a very mediocre kill power. Falco kills easier than Diddy, even if his setups aren't that easy to pull off.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Diddy still has a very mediocre kill power. Falco kills easier than Diddy, even if his setups aren't that easy to pull off.
I find that debatable, considering Diddy's bananas are probably 100x easier to set up kills with than anything Falco has, barring a silent laser at very close range.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think people might see that Diddy may be better than Falco as time moves on. People have yet to tap into his defensive potential IMO.

As for who kills better, Falco has a tad more kill power in his Fsmash, but Diddy has a better shot at landing a Kill move even without bananas.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
fsmash is sooooooo laggy though :(
i already think diddy is way better than falco.
falco is overrated imo, and should be like 6th or 7th at least.
but again this is only my opinion, which nobody cares about.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
that's lower than he is currently.
his usmash isn't that great, either.
definitely not one of his reliable kill moves.
except maybe at like, 130+?
fsmash and bair are better.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
A campy falco shuts down so many options for 90% of the cast, it's stupid. He has some of the best matchups as well as good players repping him well. IMO top 5 for sure.

Diddy has way more rep from what I've seen though, compared to Falco.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Dedede is still overrated and based off the last couple of posts saying how high he should be, I don't agree. He's a character that gets matchup ***** very hard, I don't understand why hes even in top tier.

Oh yah, tournament results.

:083:

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
^^^Hence why i think marth is better.

I think wario still is third best simply because he so evasive its not funny. You can rarely hit him. And his moves have high priority and do decent damage, and because of his aerial movement he use them all very safely.

Diddy i think is worse then wario only because you can counter diddy in two major ways, counterpick good stages that will neutralize his naners. And some characters i believe outright beat diddy, when they get control of his bananas, ex. Ness , my main, can do crazy things with bananas, and when i'm in control of them diddy suffers from not only him not having them , but that it enhances my characters game like it does to diddy. And diddy does have average way of killing, as in not good or great KO power.

IC- i don't think i need to explain, they have clearly risen.

Falco i believe is below IC is because he can get destroyed offstage, by really anyone. And any character that can avoid lasers like kirby, or can out camp him, virtual stops his main advantage over characters. He is still a ridiculous character though , his camping does shut down alot of people. And he shouldn't be taken lightly. The gap between him and IC is minimal IMO, i'd say they are the same spot, like olimar and ZSS were on the 2nd tier list.

Marth is better then D3, mainly for the reasons Vex said, and because of that Marth benefits from it.

Thats the brief explanations, i have for what i put.

EDIT and i believe the cut of is still
S-tier
MK
Snake
Wario
Diddy
IC
Falco

A tier
Marth
DDD

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I doubt ICs will move into S.
i think they are currently too high :/

Nanaki

Smash Lord
It cracks me up that people still see Falco as overrated. He's been top 5 in tourney results more consistently than anyone but MK, Snake and D3. You MUST ban certain stages against him (Japes) or it's almost a guaranteed loss. Aside from Snake and MK, it's hard to put any character definitively ahead of him (Wario is debatable, needs moar rep). Face it, Falco is good. Really good. Top 5 good. Possibly 3rd good.

Why in the world are people spouting that Marth should be ahead of D3?? Marth has NEVER been ahead of D3 in tourney results, ever. It's much harder to run through a tournament as Marth than as D3, imo. Everyone just throws out "D3 has **** matchups, not top tier" without really thinking about it. When it comes right down to it, Marth may have better matchups against the cast as a whole, but D3 has waaaay better matchups against those who really matter.

-D3's only real obstacles are Falco, Pikachu, Oli, and IC's. Even these are very winnable (except maybe IC's).
-Of those 4, Falco is the only one that sees substantial tourney play (IC's are picking up steam, though).
-He has as good of a matchup with Snake as anyone, and similar can be said for his MK matchup.
-He's not a girly man. He's a badass Penguin King who throws enormous living spiky balls at you.

Therefore, D3 > Marth.

Falco's good for he is almost like MK and Snake. MK has no disadvantaged match-ups. Snake is still being debated. Recently people are thinking DDD vs Snake is slight advantage for DDD and not a **** match like it was probably last year. Many other MUs are going similar ways. The old 60-40 match-ups have people believe it's 50-50 maybe advantage for Snake. In time people might think that Snake has no disadvantaged match-ups. Falco is almost just like that. He has one **** match-up ICs vs Falco. 60-40 are G&W, marth, and kirby. After that almost every MU he has is even or his advantage. But many 50-50 match-ups being heavily stage dependent. ZSS is disadvantaged by Falco, but some have told me that it's certainly different give the correct stage for them.

DDD I think is sometimes high because of the tournament influence he has. To be able to infinite certain characters can almost make them impossible for tournament play.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Falco has a lot of **** going for him. He's shallow, but good. His jab is really, really good and his combo game is pretty good. His spacing kinda sucks so what he does is ruin your spacing with his broken lasers. He also has probably the best reflector(for reflecting purposes, Wolf's is stupid good for other ****) and chaingrabs to rack up damage. While he has troubles killing, his gameplay disrupts, sort of like Diddy's, and that's always good. It makes what would be horrible matchups(MK, DK, Olimar) even.

EDIT: Also, D3 matchup perceptions are outdated. He probably only has 2 ***** and that's vs ICs and Oli.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So basically, Zelda should do pretty well in any MU where the opponent is forced to approach, amirite? Because of her solid defensive abilities.

Hmmm, how well does Zelda do versus characters who have no projectiles, but can still get close enough to hit her without having to worry about her defense? (I think that would be the likes of...Marth, DK, etc.)
They still camp her bad, especially marth with his great poking game.

That forces her to approach and you know what that means...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
In my opinion, I don't think DDD is better than Marth. DDD has a Hard time under pressure, big target and not very quick. Marth has good speed, if he is pressured, up-B can save him. And he is a spacing good. His dancing blade mix up and pressure is good. He is also a good edgegaurder.

The thing DDD has going for hin in my eyes is that changegrab. And his wall of pain. And the one move that has good speed and range is his Ftilt. I even spoke to Atomsk and he thinks that this character is not this good. He told me people just have not figured him out and fall or get annoyed by his stuff. If he was to just be figured out, DDD would not be as good as people think. I say Marth is a better character. But these tourny results say otherwise.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wasn't aware that Olimar did particularly well against Dedede.

Dedede only has a handful of moves, though. Still, they're pretty awesome.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't think Marth beats the ICs tbh...imo it's 55/45 in ICs facour...it kind of depends on the stage though.

Edit: I don't think his advanatages over Oli and Pika are bigger than 55/45 either...

:059:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think Dedede is pretty right where he is now. The brink between High and Top Tier suits him very well considering all facts.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You mind explaining these facts to me? I would like to know.

Also I like to add, that DDD also has a hard time Vs Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom