• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
snake can grenade out of anything ):<
even a car accident.
or a **** allegation.
or a DUI.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Sonic is pretty weak.
-_-

his killing power is on par with mario.

Ots average.
Weak killing power belongs to Samus.

He has very low amount of KO moves.
Correct.

Except up air, they're all slow and low ranged.
UAIR IS NOT A KILL MOVE!
It doesnt ever kill until PAST 250%
Sonic would be higher if he would be better at killing, he is terrible at it. DK completely outranges Sonic, is much heavier, is much better at killing, is faster than he looks. Sonic doesn't have any spike besides footstoll and Spinning Kong is hard to edge guard without a disjointed move due its high priority. And Sonic hasn't disjointed moves besides Spring. Sonic doesn't beat DK in that matchup.
*facepalm*

List of notable disjointed attacks possessed by Sonic
Uair
Usmash
Bair
Fair(certain hits)
Utilt

He can break the dlying kong with Bair, Dair and uair,
Bair and Uair break it directly due to disjoints
Dair needs to land from on top along with Nair and Fair.

Sonic is very capable at controlling spacing which is the key thing when dealing with characters with high range like Dk and Marth.
The ability to move much faster than your opponent along with the fact that Sonic can oact out of his skidding animation most quickly, allows Sonic to deal with spacing very effectively. its why he deals with MK pretty well.

Anyways you're ignorant in regards to the character. I recommend you visit the Sonic forums so as to avoid anymore errors and to further any conversations.

Anyways, I hope that in the future tierlist, the error of Captain Falcon being above Link will be rectified, in fact, the difference in terms of Link's gameplay and those of bottom tier characters is notable and he certainly performs better than those characters due to his decent ground game.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
i always thought sonic sucked at killing.
maybe that's just because i don't know how to play him.
i thought bair and fsmash were his only two kill moves and i can never manage to kill with bair.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Di says hi. DK isn't getting gimped by many characters.
9/10 if he dies from a gimp, its usually due to bad Di or the fact its Metaknight
Marth actually does pretty good in that department too because DK's up-b isn't disjointed enough and counter works.

Ok, it's not so much about gimping, it's about, "keep sending them back until they finally get enough damage to die off the side".

i thought bair and fsmash were his only two kill moves and i can never manage to kill with bair.
He does suck at killing, the problem isn't lack of kill MOVES it's lack of kill SETUPS. Sonic's got kill power, but good luck hitting with a killing move.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Its cause he cannot set up into any of his kill moves. DI'ing up saves you from everything. Spindash~bair=destroyed by Diing up
He will miss the bair everytime.
Fsmash has NO way to setup.
Dsmash isa bit better since its good for landing opponents.

Dsmash kills as well. very underused move.
Sonic cant afford to use his kill moves at all unless they are fresh or have the bonus. They stale really quickly.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shagohod johns-- that and being way too handsome
snake is gay, he should just come out of the box already.

He does suck at killing, the problem isn't lack of kill MOVES it's lack of kill SETUPS. Sonic's got kill power, but good luck hitting with a killing move.
mind game it!

Its cause he cannot set up into any of his kill moves. DI'ing up saves you from everything.
if i ever fight a good sonic i'll remember to smash up every time i get hit xD

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Marth actually does pretty good in that department too because DK's up-b isn't disjointed enough and counter works.

Ok, it's not so much about gimping, it's about, "keep sending them back until they finally get enough damage to die off the side".
Exactly, and even then Dk has his gay side B to air brake.
He no longer worries about using his &^B.

SideB double jump back to the stage, even marth has to worry about the Bair with his sword.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Exactly, and even then Dk has his gay side B to air brake.
He no longer worries about using his &^B.

SideB double jump back to the stage, even marth has to worry about the Bair with his sword.
I mean keep sending him back when he's off-stage instead of letting him grab the ledge. Yea, it's takes literally forever, but if he has to up-b you can kill him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I just pick Wario, Dthrow CG DK for 120%, then buffer an Fsmash or Fthrow. Doesn't matter if I kill him or not, he's gonna lose HARD.

Side B turnaround is overrated. It's nice being able to recover with Bair, but you lose that advantage once people hit you since you will turn back around to face them.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I always pick Wario, shake my opponents hand after telling them about how gay I am about to play, and then I proceed to be a gentleman and be a man of my word.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And after beating him, you return to the dinner party in the SBR and have a sip of brandy. Jolly good.

I can't express my love for you anymore, DMG. It's beyond words already.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
snake is gay, he should just come out of the box already.
actually you can use the "C Box" in order to get under neith the shagohold boss. Its kinda a shame they didnt let snake have a side+b which involved using a poisonous spider or snake

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
She's too slow when she's not glide tossing. Movement speed is way too important in this game, and she doesn't have abusable range to make up for it (like, say, Dedede).
Speed is not always everything. And what Peach lacks in speed makes up for other stuff. And her Jab has good range. Same with her Dtilt (range is kinda broken on that move) Ftilt, Fair (disjointed hitbox)

If you don't know how to SDI...
If they do, free up air for me.

Or cause they do this. I just shorthop dairs to an up tilt of possible nair. Ether way you put it, you will not escape a dair follow up.

snake cant pull a grenade out during that "combo" ?
No he can not. Her combos are actually LEGIT combos. it does not break the combo meter inbetween. So no, he can't get a grenade out.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Squirtle is better than Peach. PT as a whole... IDK.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Olimar vs Snake is in Snake's favour, guys. It's so freaking obvious. Snake can dthrow chain him from 0 to death, gimp the hell out of him with nades onstage + ledgehog and kills him at like 90%. Olimar can't even outcamp Snake cuz Snake just has to use usmash, ftilt, nades + ducking to avoid all pikmin. If Oli throws a pikmin Snake can just mortar slide through it - dash attack kills the pikmin and usmash hits oli in his lag. Snake can CP oli to wherever he wants. Dabuz loses to fatal. BlackWaltz loses to Ally. Pyronic star loses to Candy.

Snake ***** Oli.

But let's keep on theorycrafting and pretend that Oli beats Snake or that Snake has bad match-ups (protip: Snake has no bad match-ups).

:059:

I would agree if you compared Ally with M2K if M2K mained Olimar.
I beat people of my level just fine and if I played Ally and played better than I did, I could do better.
How about Chillen switching to wolf rather than snake?

Next time I play any names I think will give me trouble I'll camp the whole match rather than fight like a Marth from Melee would.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Btw *after reading a couple pages back* what is this with Zelda having an advantage over Luigi?? This is news to me, Zelda doesnt have advantageous matchups....

Btw *after reading a couple pages back* what is this with Zelda having an advantage over Luigi?? This is news to me, Zelda doesnt have advantageous matchups....
Zelda vs DDD. Advantaged match-up right there. DDD cannot CG zelda thus DDD loses out on an advantage he has on many. He is easily sucked into all of her multi hitting attacks. Can out spam DDD with Din's fire. At the very least I believe that B will negate the waddles thrown at her and possibly reflect the gordo. So this will more than likely cause DDD to approach which Zelda takes advantage of the excellent defence game she has.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Zelda vs DDD. Advantaged match-up right there. DDD cannot CG zelda thus DDD loses out on an advantage he has on many. He is easily sucked into all of her multi hitting attacks. Can out spam DDD with Din's fire. At the very least I believe that B will negate the waddles thrown at her and possibly reflect the gordo. So this will more than likely cause DDD to approach which Zelda takes advantage of the excellent defence game she has.

*Facepalm*

I knew that :laugh:

Other than that though, the onyl others I can think of are Iceclimbers (maybe), Bowser, and bottom tier. Everyone else just goes even or disadvantaged. And really, DDD matchups is only slightly in her favor, he still has a massive range advantage and the ability to easily gimp her. Its a 55:45 matchup, close to even.

Also, it was a joke anyway, I know she has some advantages. Whatever though, sarcasm/jokes fail on the internet.

Sarcasm fails most efficently online. NOrmally you have to have a lul, lol, xD, XDDD, :bee:, or :p to show you are being sarcastic.

In reply to D/L Peach. Wisdom flys from his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom