• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Who the hell decided Luigi gets hard countered by ICs in the first place?

Please post results, vids of top players, or something. I'm curious what you guys come up with.
Like Adumbrodeus said......Luigi is forced to approach in this matchup. Now that wouldn't be such a bad thing if Luigi had moves safe on block or if Luigi had range........but he just doesn't. We're not hating on your character, he just lacks certain attributes needed to compete against the Icies without the matchup being extremely difficult..

Even with Luigi's bair it's outranged by blizzard, I mean really how does Luigi deal with the Ice Climber matchup from long and mid-range? This should be good. Not to mention that Luigi's grab game(probably one of the better attributes about the character) is completely taken away in this matchup unless Nana is dead.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well then if your character has a crappy projectile and no range to speak of......then don't you think that might be a little bit of a problem? lol.

Vermy

Smash Champion
DKdown b also keeps ice blocks away. His ftilt and bair that have decent range. Not to mention power and weight = DI = survival. Luigi relies on combos and aerials. ICs have a heavy anti-air game and nana would make it difficult to combo effectively.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
DKdown b also keeps ice blocks away. His ftilt and bair that have decent range. Not to mention power and weight = DI = survival. Luigi relies on combos and aerials. ICs have a heavy anti-air game and nana would make it difficult to combo effectively.
The bolded section is important because DK shouldn't get grabbed in this match-up, he's got the spacing game to avoid it.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well then if your character has a crappy projectile and no range to speak of......then don't you think that might be a little bit of a problem? lol.
I just wanted to say that you can't say "if this character can't outrange blizzard he can't win", because not even MK can outrange it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just wanted to say that you can't say "if this character can't outrange blizzard he can't win", because not even MK can outrange it.
Luigi has no good throw or quick move to seperate them either. That's another problem.

And, yes, if don't outrange the ICs or have a good projectile you prolly lose to them or go even at best.

Also, your name makes you looked biased in Luigis favour :p

:059:

Luigi player

Smash Master
well people are saying that match up is neutral... thats kind of a bad example :laugh:
No, because not many characters have more range than MK.

Luigi has no good throw or quick move to seperate them either. That's another problem.

And, yes, if don't outrange the ICs or have a good projectile you prolly lose to them or go even at best.

Also, your name makes you looked biased in Luigis favour :p

:059:
I never said anything about Luigi. I just said that you can't say "if he can't outrange blizzard he can't win against ICs".

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Good luck killing the big guy, with as low KO power as Sonic has. DK also has pretty fast tilts and smashes that can stop Sonic instantly. Headbutt's also an option if the Sonic rushes foolishly at him, leading to a free smash.

Sonic can win the match, yes, but DK has enough to prevent it.

And just because a character may have an advantage over another doesn't mean he should higher than him on the tier list.
Sonic does not have low KO power. This isn't March 08.
Sonic does not have an kill setups.

plus Dk is heavy as ****, everyone who doesn't have a massive amount of ko power will have problems killing the kong

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What have you done to Reimu!?

i'm about to Final Spark you OniShiba.

btw Dk has TWO air brakes.
^B is one momentum canceller.
Side B is another.

the heaviest character has a momentum canceller that does not use up his ^B. Oh LOL.

Reverse side B, double jump and Bair anyone who gets near.
Flying kong doesnt even need to be used in most cases.

Vermy

Smash Champion
plus Dk is heavy as ****, everyone who doesn't have a massive amount of ko power will have problems killing the kong
While I agree that Sonic doesn't lack the ability to KO, DK is very gimpable. Power isn't needed to kill DK. Taking advantage of his lack of vertical recovery is how you'll get the kill 9/10.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Sonic should be above Donkey Kong man. DK is a HUUUGE victim of Spin Charge combos. And his size is bad against Sonic too. Oh well. Sonic got the highest boost in Smash Bros. History!!! Woohoo for the blue blur!
You're being optimistic for the wrong reasons.

And:

Good luck killing the big guy, with as low KO power as Sonic has. DK also has pretty fast tilts and smashes that can stop Sonic instantly. Headbutt's also an option if the Sonic rushes foolishly at him, leading to a free smash.

Sonic can win the match, yes, but DK has enough to prevent it.

And just because a character may have an advantage over another doesn't mean he should higher than him on the tier list.
This.

And some of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5blSWzkVQqM&fmt=18

And some more of those:

Sonic does not have low KO power. This isn't March 08.
Sonic does not have an kill setups.

You never cease to amaze me with your intellectual posts, how come I don't see you post too much even with a post count such as that one?

Frown

poekmon
Kinzer, showing a video of a Sonic beating a DK proves nothing. >_>

Edit: Especially since you claimed you had a hard time bating him.

"Boy was I lucky when I got the win.

Even if he did wreck my shizz before this recorded match, and the both of us progressively getting better after... still I loved this match. :)"

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
The highlight is not suppose to show me beating a Donkey Bong.

The highlight is how I couldn't killed the MF'er until he was at 200%... With a gimp...

Believe me, we're on the same team here.

And FYI, that isn't just A Sonic. >.>

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Sonic is pretty weak. He has very low amount of KO moves. Except up air, they're all slow and low ranged. Sonic would be higher if he would be better at killing, he is terrible at it. DK completely outranges Sonic, is much heavier, is much better at killing, is faster than he looks. Sonic doesn't have any spike besides footstoll and Spinning Kong is hard to edge guard without a disjointed move due its high priority. And Sonic hasn't disjointed moves besides Spring. Sonic doesn't beat DK in that matchup.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
GD it people this ain't a MU thread! -_-

And even then, some things just aren't true.

Can we go back to talking about Weegee and Pokeymangz pl0x?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
And I bet undoable if they other person knows how to make those matches 65 against you.
My numbers are based off of the idea that both players understand the matchup well.

Based on your idea, I turn lots of matchups into 70-30, PT's favor. :ohwell:

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Exactly. My frequent partner is a Peach player, and our MK/Peach beats MK/Snake on a regular basis. She can be so fast up close, and campy with turnips. Her recovery is pretty good too, and it's hard to edgehog her with the umbrella poking you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
She's too slow when she's not glide tossing. Movement speed is way too important in this game, and she doesn't have abusable range to make up for it (like, say, Dedede).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Exactly. My frequent partner is a Peach player, and our MK/Peach beats MK/Snake on a regular basis. She can be so fast up close, and campy with turnips. Her recovery is pretty good too, and it's hard to edgehog her with the umbrella poking you.

Wow @ the quote in html form

I watched this and fell in love with this peach holy ****

Nestec

Smash Ace
Lulz, I might've been the one that first said PT > Peach.
Nvm, dunno what I was thinking.

But I'm still saying PT > Luigi. -__-

And I might also have to argue that he's better than Fox. But I guess that goes without saying, if he's better than Luigi. X_x

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Yeah, the only issue with peach is that SHE CAN'T KILL, prolly why I undervalue her, but her dair is amazing.
true..but i still love her turnips
they're one of my favorite projectiles in the game. And they can be used for many cool different things-- she can kill with turnips also

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol I could argue her dair like the upside-down whorenado almost.
Her turnips are pretty good too, especially when you're someone who has never, ever fought a peach. ZOMG 60% b4 your eyes.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Peach can kill with Fair, Bair, Nair, Usmash, Fsmash, and Uair. Sure, she can't kill Snake, but who can? Anyways, she has like a 0-40 combo on him.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
As much as Peach annoys me in this game...she's pretty good :p. But I sorta say she stays where she is right now... and NO, PT is not better than Peach. Luigi's one thing, but Peach for sure is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom