• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My understand of the prizes for singles is as follows:
Total Pot = $2,000 + ($15 (entry) * 141 (entrants) * .75) = $3586.25

1st - 40% of the pot Guaranteed at least $1,434
2nd - 25% of the pot Guaranteed at least $896
3rd - 15% of the pot Guaranteed at least $537
4th - 10% of the pot Guaranteed at least $358
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $143
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $143
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $35
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $35

1st: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2nd: Ally (Snake)
3rd: M2K (MK)
4th: Lain (Ice Climbers, King Dedede)
5th: Anther (Pikachu)
5th: Atomsk (King Dedede, Luigi)
7th: Pikapika (Pikachu)
7th: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)
9th: Ksizzle (MK, Snake)
9th: Judge (MK)
9th: Fatal (Snake)
9th: Shadow (MK)
13th: Hunger (Wario)
17th: Shugo (Sonic)
33rd: Needle of Juntah (Game and Watch)

There was absolutely no splitting. This was straight up legit. The finals were incredible (Ally living to 260% last stock last game, getting ADHD to 160% last stock). Actually, just about every match in the top 8 was amazing.
I beat Snakeee, Inui, Dark Peach, and Judge in brackets. Are they good enough to say that I'm not just placing in scrub tournaments? Or am I just broke-tier level, and PT's still a terrible character?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You don't have anything else to prove... really. Right now it's just a matter of ignorance.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
why would you include Inui on that list @.@

that's like saying "I got accepted into Harvard, Yale, MIT, and ITT Tech"

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'd put PT in high C or B-Tier *shrugs*

He's way too good for LT tourneys (unlike the other D-Tier characters)...I see PT around the same level as Wolf or DK. Maybe he's even better but idk enough about him to say for sure. More tourney results would be helplful...

:059:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Therefore, because he has never been a big threat to you, he should be low tier.

Well of course he isn't low tier, but B's just a bit absurd. I could probably think of more characters who'd deserve B than Sonic.

BSP

Smash Legend
Well of course he isn't low tier, but B's just a bit absurd. I could probably think of more characters who'd deserve B than Sonic.
Personally, I think sonic's about right right now. or maybe he'll go up a little more.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
If ally beats M2K next, make snake the best in the game. If not, keep it at MK.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If ally beats M2K next, make snake the best in the game. If not, keep it at MK.
Even though tournament sets won't change the in game fact that MK is the best character?

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Even though tournament sets won't change the in game fact that MK is the best character?
according to this tier list :/
for all we know snakes could figure out a non-situational 0% death on half the cast and beat meta knight out of the top position.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
according to this tier list :/
for all we know snakes could figure out a non-situational 0% death on half the cast and beat meta knight out of the top position.
Technically, so could Ganondorf, or anyone else.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think PT and Sheik should both be at the bottom of B tier. In fact I think if it wasn't for Ivy's recovery being the worst in the game......PT would already be in B tier.

I think Sheik has just as much capabilities as a character like say ZSS for example.

Llumys

Smash Champion
1. Meta Knight
2. Diddy Kong
3. Snake
4. Wario
5. Falco
6. Marth

7. Dedede
8. Ice Climbers
9. Olimar
10. Mr. Game & Watch
11. Pikachu
12. R.O.B.
13. Kirby

14. Toon Link
15. Zero Suit Samus
16. Lucario
17. Donkey Kong
18. Pit

19. Peach
20. Luigi
21. Ness
22. Sonic
23. Sheik
24. Wolf
25. Pokémon Trainer
26. Fox

27. Bowser
28. Zelda
29. Ike
30. Yoshi
31. Mario

32. Lucas
33. Samus
34. Jigglypuff
35. Link
36. Captain Falcon
37. Ganondorf

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
However I must disagree with fatigue being a drawback (to an extent), doesn't it make some other combos possible when fatigue comes into play?
True combos do come easier, but I don't really believe it's enough to make up for the weakened smashes and dthrow. Squirtle really suffers when he can't get that KO.

Better theory crafting would be to say "Where would PT be if all three of his pokemon were Squirtle, but they still had forced switching and fatigue". That is 'closer' to happening then the other theory crafting, and I can tell you right now he would be lower then the stand alone Squirtle. Probably mid to low B tier.
This is actually what I meant, I was just making a side note about the fatigue. But I was making the point I notice alot of people that say PT should be lower forget about how good squirtle can be(even as a stand alone wtih fatigue).

I don't see A tier. Top of B tier maybe. He's Wario....but worse in every possible way except air release (barely better then Wario here), ground speed and gimping while being about tied overall in range. Maybe a slight edge in KOing ability I'd have to look at Wario's KOing move again.

Charizard I see as low C tier or top of D tier, and Ivysaur somewhere down in F tier below Yoshi.
I agree with your Wario comparison but I like Squirtle's aerials more. Wario definitely KO's better though. As far as PT as a whole I think they're right where they belong on the list atm.

Fatigue makes a huge difference in knockback. It's that bad. Multipler is placed that seems to reduce the knockback to 2/3s normal knockback when fresh. Include decayed attacks on fatigue. It's even worse.

Nestec

Smash Ace
marsulas said:
think PT should both be at the bottom of B tier.
Ooo, I'm gonna have to say bottom or middle of C-Tier actually... He's probably better than Peach, Luigi, and Fox, but I think there's a bit more of a gap between him and the likes of Lucario/DK/Pit.

Llumys' List
Ehh, decent, but a few key flaws. Diddy > Snake? Not happenin', lol.

Sonic > PT, Sheik, Fox, and Wolf? Ehh, arguable.

Ness, about six spots too high.

Samus > Jigglypuff and Link? Hmmm, also arguable...

S.O.L.I.D. said:
FOW is better than many people who play higher tier characters, does that mean Ness should be high tier?
YES, wtf is wrong with you??

Nestec

Smash Ace
Well, I'd normally disagree with it myself, but I'm giving PT the benefit of the doubt. I'm pretty ignorant on the C-Tiers in general, really.

But I can certainly see it. Squirtle and Charizard are both better than Luigi IMO, but factoring in Ivysaur's suckage, I don't know what that changes.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario is better than Squirtle. Wario has incredibly good aerial mobility, is much heavier, is much better at KOing. And Wario can deal much better against broken ranged characters. Ivysaur has 50-50 against Snake. That's one matchup where he's better than the other two.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Squirtle and Wario comparison:

Fair-Squirtle
Bair-Squirtle/Wario (Both have different uses)
Dair-Wario
Uair-Wario
Nair-Wario
Utilt-Squirtle (Wario's looks cooler though)
Ftilt- Squirtle/Wario (Different Uses)
Jab-Squirtle
B special-Wario
Down B-Wario
Side B-Wario
Upb-Wario/Squirtle (Less edge issues with Wario's, Squirtle's reaches further)
Grab Range-Wario
Throw Damage-Wario
Killing Throws-Squirtle/Wario
Weight-Wario
Size-Squirtle
KO-Wario

They are fairly similar, Wario is better IMO because he has better guaranteed Combos (Uair to Uair at low %, Dair to Fsmash/Uair at lower %'s if they don't SDI out, Dthrow Chain Grabs, etc), he does slightly more damage overall, heavier, better recovery, and his versatility (Strong Horizontal AND Vertical Killers, Kill move useable in the air like after someone airdodges, Air Grab that beats spotdodges and can pseudo Suicide, Bike Edgeguard/Tire projectiles/On stage shenanigans, etc). Fatigue also isn't too good for Squirtle, and while Squirtle can benefit from switching to Ivysaur or Charizard, he would probably be better off Solo and with a different Down B, even if it was something strange like DK's Down B.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
PT better than Luigi?

i lol'd
You trying to be smart................i lol'd

Luigi gets ***** by any character with range.........which equals almost all of the better cast. Luigi isn't even close to being viable with the likes of MK, Ice Climbers, and G&W around............even with all this I haven't even mentioned DDD lmao.

Suspect

Smash Hero
You trying to be smart................i lol'd

Luigi gets ***** by any character with range.........which equals almost all of the better cast. Luigi isn't even close to being viable with the likes of MK, Ice Climbers, and G&W around............even with all this I haven't even mentioned DDD lmao.
and PT trainer is?

now look at you trying to be smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom