• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Im pretty sure im gonna **** reflex in this wifi tourny, and im going to win :p
(Kidding wifi stinks and ill lose anyways)
PT ***** tho no joke, just randomly calling a big southern tourny a "scrub" tourny doesnt make it true.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What Wi-fi tourney?

Is it for money, and how can I join?

I'm pretty good at Gay-fi lol.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
You promised me matches! ^^

And this wifi tourney is for low tiers only and i dont think there's money. Plank with squirtle DMG!

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Reflex may be amazing as he is, but these facts still stand. See a PT main such as Toby (Tcranter), PokemonMasterIRL, Typh or Steeler and you'll see that its not just Reflex repping PT right.
whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa

don't bring me into this guys

also imagine wario's planking with a recharge move that holds the opponent in place or pushes them away depending on what they do

that's squirtle's planking

Frank West

Smash Apprentice
I have a problem with PT because he's obviously in the wrong place.
You obviously have yet to face the wrath of a decent Squirtle. Once you do I have a feeling you'll reconsider quickly. Squirts solo is A-tier at least imo. I feel Fatigue is really the only thing that seriously holds PT back.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
You obviously have yet to face the wrath of a decent Squirtle. Once you do I have a feeling you'll reconsider quickly. Squirts solo is A-tier at least imo. I feel Fatigue is really the only thing that seriously holds PT back.
Don't forget forced switching.

However I must disagree with fatigue being a drawback (to an extent), doesn't it make some other combos possible when fatigue comes into play?

I'm sorry, I can only guess since I don't play with pokeymangz anymore.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
sometimes PT doesn't care and will switch even if the opponent gets a free hit off. so you take 20% instead of losing another stock. big deal!

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I got ***** by a Squirtle before >.>

Squirtle needs his own character selection w/o forced switching and he'd be ****ing A tier if it weren't for his semi-**** recovery.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah, i agree. i've always seen squirtle as a **** good character worthy of high tiers, it just sucks to be forced to use ivy during the match lol

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
are you trying to downplay squirtle's potential? who cares about zss lol he's still a good character, if he gets counter picked by zss just use a different pokemon lol, or a diff character

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@ The list of PT reps: how many of them win tournaments? What's this, none?

I have played a good Squirtle thank you very much. Espy is oddly good at using PT as a low tier main. At least the last time I played him he was using PT for low tiers. I've also played against two other PTs IRL. I don't see A tier. Top of B tier maybe. He's Wario....but worse in every possible way except air release (barely better then Wario here), ground speed and gimping while being about tied overall in range. Maybe a slight edge in KOing ability I'd have to look at Wario's KOing move again.

Saying Squirtle would be A tier if he was on his own, without fatigue and without forced switching is as useful as saying Bowser would be A tier if his attacks came out twice as fast: nice theory crafting, but completely and utterly unimportant as that has no possibility of happening or anything close to happening. You can't use PT without all three characters. Better theory crafting would be to say "Where would PT be if all three of his pokemon were Squirtle, but they still had forced switching and fatigue". That is 'closer' to happening then the other theory crafting, and I can tell you right now he would be lower then the stand alone Squirtle. Probably mid to low B tier. Charizard I see as low C tier or top of D tier, and Ivysaur somewhere down in F tier below Yoshi.

sometimes PT doesn't care and will switch even if the opponent gets a free hit off. so you take 20% instead of losing another stock. big deal!
Have fun getting away with that against Ike/Ganondorf/Bowser/Snake/Any other heavy hitter. >_> LOL Fsmash by any of them = GG unless it's the very beginning of a stock.

Yes PT has a higher learning curve, so what? Snake has a high one, look where he is. Marth has a somewhat high learning curve look where he is. Diddy has a high learning curve, look where he is. Link has a high learning curve, look where he is. Learning Curve doesn't suddenly make you a better character, you mean you should go up or down. It has a slight effect on tournament results, thats it.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you only take the hit at the beginning of the stock, otherwise you just camp and whatever until you get an opening. or just don't switch to them until you die or are at very high percents anyway, as a sacrificial offering to the pokegods.

anyway the idea is that you just died as squirtle and have switched to ivysaur on death. you do not want ivysaur. so you immediately switch to charizard. it almost always works out better than using ivysaur in some matchups.

the solo pokemon argument is relevant because there has been talk of allowing the hacks in tournament play.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
So who wants to talk about Zelda!

*crickets* *tumbleweed*

Well I tried ;)

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
So who wants to talk about Zelda!

*crickets* *tumbleweed*

Well I tried ;)

Awwkwaaard O.o...

I couldn't believe Zelda was low tiered! A reflector, projectile, good aireals and smashes, and that is a result of a bottom tier.

...Is it because she's light weighted >_>?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Awwkwaaard O.o...

I couldn't believe Zelda was low tiered! A reflector, projectile, good aireals and smashes, and that is a result of a bottom tier.

Her reflector is easily punishable, her aerials need too much precision, and her projectile is outcamped by a lot of characters. She is lightweight and very tall, and, like PT, one of her moves that could be taken up by something useful is taken up by transforming to a different character. I <3 her anyway

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Awwkwaaard O.o...

Ummm, take away good aerials (they're useful, but too situational to qualify).

It's the grab that's slower then reaction time... she can't approach. That's why she's low tier.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Her recovery isn't that bad. I think the main reasons are the slow grab speed, lack of a quick jab, and no approach options. Her projectile also has no use whatsoever and is one of the worst moves in the game.

That being said I think she's fine where she is on the tier list right now. Great OoS options, priority, range, and KO power. She also has guaranteed KO setups out of her dtilt.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Zelda has trouble approaching, her approaches are situational, Nair can shield poke, Fair can shield push, Fsmash can have some range with push.

But really, it doesn't help her as much as people think.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ill be happy if she stays in the mid 20s, in terms of the rankings 1-37. I think thats where she belongs. Ill be very upset if she moves down any more, and surprised if she moves up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
^lol, as u can see, kingcobra crossed out the good recovery part^

and yes, ddd fits that description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom