• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Kinzer, Falco is at worst 70-30, and can be easier if you damage yourself with eruption or eat lasers till 40%, Olimar is closer to 25-75 though.. that is a stupid MU. DDD is lol...

Now on topic:

Ness and Lucas... its such a hard thing to determine.. I'll label what each has better than the other:

Ness:
-better Aerials
-Throws
-Stronger KO moves
-Combos
-Better Spike
-Range
-Less Lag Overall
-Faster moves in the Air

Lucas
-better Ground moves
-Faster KO moves
-Safer Recovery
-More distance in recovery
-Better Down B
-Less GR Crap
-Aerial Mobility
-Faster moves on the ground

its a tough call.. but i think Ness does better overall with his fair being so raptastic.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Stronger then Lucas' Up Smash?
I was thinking the same thing.
Lucas's smashes are all good.

Ness's can't kill. Only a charged fsmash TIPPER will kill.
And dsmash at 80% against a Fox on Smashville...

Albert.

Smash Master
one of my good smash buds is lucas main and is ridiculous with him.

Also

NinjaLink... Advancing every character's metagame over lunch. including lucas.

three stocking a snake, ****
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y5QAc0tO5U

of special note is the ridiculous combo string that leads to death at 1:23

Lucas should move up.

Anyway I'm gonna get flamed for posting that vid, am I right?

EDIT: who knew that "d a m n" gets censored?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
NinjaLink makes every character look good because that's who he is. People can be good with a bad character. To win with a bad character is to be better than the opponent.. Simple as that.

But his Lucas is good and shows the good potential of Lucas. Who knows where it will end. So maybe Lucas will rise, or he won't, one person can only do so much for a character.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
That Snake did not even seem to be all that good.
Still that is convincing.

anyways, if Fair for Ness *****, then what about Dair and Nair for Lucas.

I do agree that Ness has a better aerial game, but not THAT better.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
That Snake did not even seem to be all that good.
Still that is convincing.

anyways, if Fair for Ness *****, then what about Dair and Nair for Lucas.

I do agree that Ness has a better aerial game, but not THAT better.
Look at my list of pros for Ness and Lucas made on my post on the last page. Compare all of them, not just aerials.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Look at my list of pros for Ness and Lucas made on my post on the last page. Compare all of them, not just aerials.
I was just saying my view on their aerials.

I did not say that Lucas was better or anything like that.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
GOD:

1: Meta Knight

TOP:

2: Snake
3: Falco
4: King Dedede
5: Wario
6: Mr. Game & Watch
7: Diddy Kong
8: Marth

HIGH:

9: Pikachu
10: Olimar
11: R.O.B
12: Lucario
13: Kirby
14: Ice Climbers
15: Zero Suit Samus
16: Donkey Kong
17: Toon Link

MIDDLE:

18: Peach
19: Pit
20: Wolf
21: Luigi
22: Zelda
23: Bowser
24: Sheik
25: Fox
26: Sonic
27: Yoshi
28: Ness

LOW:

29: Ike
30: Mario
31: Pokemon Trainer
32: Lucas
33: Samus
34: Link
35: Jigglypuff
36: Captain Falcon
37: Ganondorf

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
The only problem I have with that tier list is ZSS needs to go up about 2 spots maybe, Pokemon Trainer needs to go up( though I may be biased but Pokemon Trainer is not that bad.) and Lucas is too low.
Maybe Ike as well.

Other than that its Okay.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike is once again 2-3 spots too low on snowstalker's tier list. >_> Yoshi and Ness are not better then Ike, period. Sonic you can make a reasonable debate for, but not those two.

I can't see Pikachu going any higher currently then his current position on snowstalker's tierlist. Yes he has new chaingrabs, but Marth has a lot going for him, including a fairly large gap in tournament results. In fact, I'd say Marth > Diddy Kong still. I'd also say switch Lucas and Samus around.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
About Ike's spot compared to Yoshi and Ness:

Yoshi statistically has better MUs (if they speak truth..) than Ike. The only thing that really puts Ike above Yoshi at this point IMO is tourney usage.

Ness has around similarly same MUs to Ike but again, Ness has no tourney rep most of the time...

...get some friends

This is of course, assuming each character boards is speaking truthfully about their MUs. Biasness comes into play.

EDIT: But as of now, A lot of Ikes have either stopped playing or changed to a new character.. So Yoshi has better recent tourney results now (Before Ike was clearly ahead of both Ness and Yoshi)

So the only way I see Yoshi and Ness getting above Ike is better tourney usage.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Ganon > CF it's true.

Ness and Yoshi are too high sorry it doesn't matter how much you like a character. Yoshi isn't better than Ike and neither is Ness (at least I think >_>)

bigman40

Smash Master
About Ike's spot compared to Yoshi and Ness:

Yoshi statistically has better MUs (if they speak truth..) than Ike. The only thing that really puts Ike above Yoshi at this point IMO is tourney usage.

Ness has around similarly same MUs to Ike but again, Ness has no tourney rep most of the time...

...get some friends

This is of course, assuming each character boards is speaking truthfully about their MUs. Biasness comes into play.

EDIT: But as of now, A lot of Ikes have either stopped playing or changed to a new character.. So Yoshi has better recent tourney results now (Before Ike was clearly ahead of both Ness and Yoshi)

So the only way I see Yoshi and Ness getting above Ike is better tourney usage.
Most of the matchups are being looked over continuously for Yoshi. The main reason he has better results is cause more Yoshi mains have recently placed at tourneys. Hopefully it won't plummet down now that we at least have something.

Tbh, I don't even see why it's soo serious of one mistake when someone makes a tier list (unless it's just insanely stupid, or uses incorrect reasons).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Most of the matchups are being looked over continuously for Yoshi. The main reason he has better results is cause more Yoshi mains have recently placed at tourneys. Hopefully it won't plummet down now that we at least have something.

Tbh, I don't even see why it's soo serious of one mistake when someone makes a tier list (unless it's just insanely stupid, or uses incorrect reasons).

We as society are fixated at making our character as good as it can be.. instead of playing the game

Don't know much about Yoshi mains though, just when I looked into the confession thread... the whole first page was (when I saw it) : "I don't go to tourneys"... in some way lol.

Either way, good job Yoshi mains, come on step it up Ike mains.

EDIT: Green names = win, green > all other colors

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Zelda should be lower. Her taunts aren't useful for anything.
You obviously you don't main Zelda. Haven't you heard of her side taunt tricks on Delfino, Halberd, Distant Planet...?

Basically, if you can teleport through a stage with Farore's Wind, the side taunt trick will work. If you get the sweetspot, your opponent is screwed. And you can get the sweetspot from a d-tilt trip, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom