• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Someone like me who has moved onto another character has really no voice in saying that. People tend to not listen to those who are being a hypocrite. :dizzy:
Im a hypocrite cuz i got bored and i want a break?
Lol k, if you say so.

Also, we got a lot of positive response, so whether or not i am a hypocrite is irrelevent if it worked.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Im a hypocrite cuz i got bored and i want a break?
Lol k, if you say so.

Also, we got a lot of positive response, so whether or not i am a hypocrite is irrelevent if it worked.
I'm not "taking a break" or "got bored" I switched to a new character to continue playing the game with a better chance of winning.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Honestly I think Captain Link should be higher on the tier list.

LOL, on this day you can't trust what anyone's saying.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Tiers are homosexual now?

I wouldn't have ever known.

Mk iz so mch wrse thn ppl thnk, he haz lightness on his side, nd only deals 9% dmg, tats chronic man. CF haz mves wich do 20% dmg, + hes fst, he mst b da bst manz!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Smashboards has released fake tier lists on april fools in the past, but I think this is their craziest April Fools yet. It's pretty fun so far, haha. People are going crazy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Smashboards has released fake tier lists on april fools in the past, but I think this is their craziest April Fools yet. It's pretty fun so far, haha. People are going crazy.
I know right? 9 tiers HAS to be a joke.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Last year screwed with my head. I visit other character boards for the first time on april 1st and think Link players call Link "Courage"

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Tiers

It's been said before.

It's old.

It's lame.

It's made up by people who don't understand the purpose of super smash brothers , though it's been repeated countless times.

No ONE cares.

Lurk more.

Etc.

Have a nice day

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Tiers

It's been said before.

It's old.

It's lame.

It's made up by people who don't understand the purpose of super smash brothers , though it's been repeated countless times.

No ONE cares.

Lurk more.

Etc.

Have a nice day

Can we please just ban the obvious troll and get it over with already? He's going to be gone sooner or later, all of his posts have been baseless anti-tier garbage so far.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
IM NOT A TROLL. im new here and just want to speak my opinion and theres nothing wrong with dat. i shouldnt be banned just because i have different opinions than u do.

Umby

Smash Master
Tiers

It's been said before.

It's old.

It's lame.

No ONE cares.

Lurk more.

Etc.

Have a nice day
Because the purpose of Super Smash Brother is clearly defined anywhere. Even if said "purpose" existed, it's up to the consumers to determine and develop the general aspects of competitive play, and is therefore moot. The purpose of TR4Q is just to undermine the logic and neglect the understanding of what tiers are actually for.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
tiers dont exist in my opinion, in my opinion every character can be played equally well. dont flame me just because i have a different opinion than u do.

Umby

Smash Master
tiers dont exist in my opinion, in my opinion every character can be played equally well. dont flame me just because i have a different opinion than u do.
This thread isn't about your opinion on whether or not tiers exist. This thread is a discussion on people's opinion on how this version of the tier list was created and speculation/suggestions for the next version of the tier list. Why would I care if you have a different opinion than I do? This whole THREAD includes a variety of different opinions.

You can play a character with equal skill as you would with another, but clearly some characters ARE better overall than others, and hence, unless it's matchup dependent, you will have an easier time winning matches with some characters than others. Tiers, in a general sense, reflect that.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
1 This isn't a matter of opinion.

2 No. Opinion or not if you say something stupid you're very likely to get a hard time over it. What's with this idea that you can magically avoid all the negative aspects of being a complete idiot by just throwing the word opinion everywhere you go?

3 You were (Very mildly sure but whatever) flaming others for having a "Different opinion to you"

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Alright.

Tiers exist.

making equal but different characters are almost impossible.

It would take a long time for that to happen, and still cannot be close to equal.

Its that simple, they are too different. Think about people, some will be smarter than others, others will be athletic.

However, due to society, It favors being more intelligent because you need to be smart FIRST to get a good job.

Accept it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
He's new, cut him some slack. Instead of insulting him let's just let BOB SAGET learn the hard way that tiers exist lol (but they can always be changed, so i dont know why people complain so muc habout them)

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
1 This isn't a matter of opinion.

2 No. Opinion or not if you say something stupid you're very likely to get a hard time over it. What's with this idea that you can magically avoid all the negative aspects of being a complete idiot by just throwing the word opinion everywhere you go?

3 You were (Very mildly sure but whatever) flaming others for having a "Different opinion to you"
some i'm an idiot for thinking every character can be played equally as well. saying that makes me stupid eh. this isnt pokemon. u cant get better with a pokemon in hoping it will rise in the tier list. ssbb is about skill and if u have skill u can suceed with any character.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
He's new, cut him some slack. Instead of insulting him let's just let BOB SAGET learn the hard way that tiers exist lol (but they can always be changed, so i dont know why people complain so muc habout them)
i'm an idiot for thinking every character can be played equally as well. saying that makes me stupid eh.
No. Whether I say it or not has no effect on it's truth. l didn't even call you an idiot but meh...

ssbb is about skill and if u have skill u can suceed with any character.
Succeeding doesn't make said character any better though.

He's new, cut him some slack.
Why?

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
Please, do not waste your time arguing with this isolate waste of space; it will get you nowhere.

And when he quotes me with a moronic, meaningless comment about his opinion of tiers, ignore him. There is no point hassling yourself.

Why would this fool throw away his time advancing to our competitive Smash community telling us how to play? If you think tiers do not exist or "R 4 Queers." We could care less. This is just how we develop the metagame of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

TL;DR: Get over yourself.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
You're entitled to opinion, but others can weigh its value.

What you say is in a sense true, every character can be played equally well, in the sense that every character has some sort of maximum potential to be brought out (whether its been fully discovered or not is another subject)....

...however...

...Your opinion is uneducated. Fighting games are like a game of chess, an intellectual battle field when taken seriously. Though obviously there is a key difference. Picking a specific character is analogous to changing the number and type of pieces each player would have in a chess match. Its like having one player start with three bishops and one less rook (Specifically placed of course) and the other having four rooks and no knights (or picking a different character.)

A fighting game like brawl where each character has so many more properties in a single attack then each piece individually has in chess is impossible to balance perfectly. A lot of times having 4 rooks is better then three bishops...

Take a game where there a 20 characters that are all exactly the same except for one whose attacks all do an extra hp/percent of damage. That character would be instantly better then all the others, even if slightly so. Even if you try to balance it out by say, making his attack slightly slower, you would either make that character worse or better then all the others. If your changing the characteristics of characters there will be imbalance.

The only way for a fighting game to be perfectly balanced would be if all the characters were exactly the same, and that game would never sell and be boring as hell. Its basic design. The best thing they can do is minimize that imbalance will still making the game diverse and otherwise fun.

Like I said, you're entitled to an opinion. However, when opinions stray into the realm of facts, they lose.

Fight a DeDeDe worth his salt using DK, see what happens, and get back to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom