• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Chat with Emblem Lord Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shök

Smash Champion
How much did you advertise your Marth Doubles Partner Forum?

*runs*

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Well...that's what you get sir.

:)

Look before you leap I always say.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sup.

Also Kuwabara is now bottom tier on my list.

Found out that the close range kick he does isn't a true grab.

You can block it.

Kuwabara sucks sooooooooooooooooo bad.

lolz.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
EL I need your knowledge desperately!

How do I get Marth to beat Samus? She can do the same bs DDD can do only not as good. What's the secret to beating a samus that plays perfect?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I need more then that.

What does the Samus do that is hurting your game?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
EL, if you were watching a match between MK and Marth, and neither of them were allowed to use their fair, who would u put ur money on? (sorry im in pain right now, D*** YOU BURGER KING, and this popped into my head at random so i figured i would ask)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Yeah. What exactly is Marth supposed to zone with in this match?

I mean MK's fair is important to him as well, but in this particular match-up Marth's fair is one of the main things that keeps him in the game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh jesus ****ing christ.

Why did my curiosity allow me to look at the EMBLEM LORD youtube page.

Fdj'afafd;ajf'aj'fdj'a At least the Shaya page (gah, some *** registered a year before me and hasn't used the account pretty much since, I SWEAR; SABOTAGE) doesn't have anything bad. HELL IT HAS NOTHING AT ALL :mad:

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Ok here is a more serious question. Is SH dancing blade safe on block? I mean just the first hit. I was wondering this because you pretty much have the same options out of this move as SHfair. I have heard others reccomend that u only use this once or twice during a match but i wanted to see ur take on it. I would assme it could help you zone in on falco when hes lazer spamming if u throw in an airdodge after the DB.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
is dancing blade to fair to shield breaker to dancing blade possible on low percents against mass hefties?

and can dancing blade be the new shield breaker?

and can upair be better to use than up smash?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
So i assume ur opinion on the matter is "no utility whatsoever"? I know y u dont like it (u mentioned it in another post somewhere on the marth boards) but i'm gonna wait for EL explanation. Not that i dont respect ur opinion.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
So i assume ur opinion on the matter is "no utility whatsoever"? I know y u dont like it (u mentioned it in another post somewhere on the marth boards) but i'm gonna wait for EL explanation. Not that i dont respect ur opinion.
I use it when recovering or another option from getting up on the ledge, that's about it.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Ok, fair enuff. Also, another thing i was thinking about. I noticed that if u do a f-throw on a marth and u immediately dash towards them then they always (or at least most of the time) throw out a fair to knock u back and prevent a set up. Would it be a good mix up to dash in and counter them?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I really would never SH DB since it seems very unsafe and since you pop up a bit it looks really obvious when you do it.

Shintarru

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1676-4016-3956
Yo Emblem Lord, I usually main pikachu but I picked up marth since I mained him in melee.

I am having trouble playing against good falco/Metaknight players.

Falco's Short hop laster and short hop double laser always throw me off. I would usually use counter the SHL, but the falco player would just short hop (not the the laser) and punish the lag from the counter. Any advice on getting pass the lasers?

The other problem is the MK player. He usually gets me in the air and destroys me with his air moves and tornado. I usually counterpick with lylat cruise and use the platforms to combo with nairs and fairs so I stand I decent chance. Then the MK player would counterpick with Rainbow cruise, then the MK aerial **** begins.

I am fairly decent with marth but those are my 2 worst matchups. Any advice?

TKD

Smash Lord
Oh my god, the OFFICIAL Emblem Lord chat!!

Do you think "The Dark Knight" was a great movie? I think it was only "good", for a couple reasons.

So why are you still playing Brawl? Did you change your mind? I find that the better I get at this game, the more I like it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Check the weekly match-up indexes and look for those two match-ups. I go over them in great detail.

Errrr, I have touched Brawl in a good week. I haven't changed my mind about anything.

And people tend to like games that they can get good at. Gives em a dopamine high.

I didn't see the Dark Knight.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Hey TKD, dark knight was great, who saw it opening knight w/out reservations, I did!
I don't know if that was a typo, or an attempt at a witty pun. <_<

Ah, EL, do you contribute your research to fighting games with a strong/actually alive fanbase, or just whatever interests you?

Because I wouldn't think a YuYu Hakusho fighter would be a competitively-well-off game. Then again, obscure or not, I guess anything can be competitive, some more than others.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Lol viet, that was a typo... EL what is the meaning of life?
Umm, k.

The meaning of life is......to f*ck mad b*tches. I'm serious. Every living organism serves only one purpose. To perpetuate it's species by mating and having offspring.

But humans are beyond that. We have self-awareness. So...we can find our own meaning in life. All I can say is find your own reason to exist. Live your life and draw your own conclusions about your existence. Whatever truth you discover about why you are alive in this world, you need to hold onto it.
There. 'nuff said.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What exactly is fun for you EL, since you said that you were pretty apathetic about most things. I wish it was sarcasm or witty banter, but I'll settle for ****** in games or knowledge collecting to better a gaming community lol.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Check the weekly match-up indexes and look for those two match-ups. I go over them in great detail.

Errrr, I have touched Brawl in a good week. I haven't changed my mind about anything.

And people tend to like games that they can get good at. Gives em a dopamine high.

I didn't see the Dark Knight.
Wow, i thought i was the only one who hadn't seen that d*** movie by now. Well actually ive heard it talked about so much that i know the actors lines by heart. And if i hear "why so serious" one more time...... Anyway, thx for making me feel like less of a reject. :p

TKD

Smash Lord
Wow, i thought i was the only one who hadn't seen that d*** movie by now. Well actually ive heard it talked about so much that i know the actors lines by heart. And if i hear "why so serious" one more time...... Anyway, thx for making me feel like less of a reject. :p
There's no need to see it, it's not that good.

Emblem Lord, does Marth only have two bad matchups? It's Snake and Metaknight, right? And they're beatable for him, from what I know.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Dr. PeePee: The last two you mentioned, having sex, cunnilingus, witty banter and sarcasm are pretty cool, looking at sexy feet, playing all sorts of fighting games, reading manga, looking at tokusatsu, looking at Super Sentai, and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that's it I think.

From what I can tell he really only has two bad match-ups and they are both winnable.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wow, i thought i was the only one who hadn't seen that d*** movie by now. Well actually ive heard it talked about so much that i know the actors lines by heart. And if i hear "why so serious" one more time...... Anyway, thx for making me feel like less of a reject.
Okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom