• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
@Coldkeeper: If you want something for your DS, there's Minish Cap for the GBA, assuming your DS isn't a DSi, and there's Phantom Hourglass. Neither of them are considered one of the best Zeldas, at least partially due to their relative easiness, but neither is a bad game on its own. Neither are very relevant to the overall storyline of the Zelda universe though, and PH is a sequel to Wind Waker.

If you want to play either WW or Twilight Princess, I'd recommend playing OoT first. Both games borrow from it, and while it's aged a lot, your experience playing the newer games will be enriched by knowing the backstory. Plus, OoT's practically required playing for any self-respecting gamer out there.

I would not necessarily recommend MM or ALttP as your first. MMis a sequel that also benefits heavily from having played OoT first. Again, not required, but the characters all acquire much ore depth that way. ALttP is one of the more challenging Zeldas, so it might be a frustrating start.

My best suggestion: play OoT first, and then branch out to whatever games interest you most.

Edit: wow, like 6 people posted while I typed... Listen to Spire; he's got the best idea. Then play OoT first. :D

Clownbot

Smash Lord
It's funny that we had a big discussion on what catchy name the Zelda forum should have, and it ended up being called "Legend of Zelda", lol.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm planning to replay OoT.
Now i can go and replay it on my collector's disk for the GameCube
OR
I can get OoT Master Quest.

How different are they? If i already beat OoT several times would it feel like a new experience if I play Master Quest?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It would definitely be a new expirience. Master Quest has remixed (and much harder) dungeons, while the overworld stays the same. It's essentially OoTs second quest.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Guys something just hit me.

If Windwaker takes place above the Hyrule from OoT, then where exactly are the triforce shards located? Does anyone happen to have the map that showed you where to look for the triforce pieces? Maybe we could map it to one of the other zelda game maps. Perhaps they were hiding in or near the OoT dungeons.

Spire

III
BRoomer
guys something just hit me.

If Windwaker takes place above Hyrule from OoT, then where exactly are the triforce shards located? Does anyone happen to have a the map that showed you were to look for the triforce pieces? Maybe we could map it to one of the other zelda game maps. Perhaps they were hidding in or near the OoT dungeons.
This is a good point. I'll map it out.

rhan

Smash Hero
If he's willing to spend $50 on Twilight Princess, you can either get that one game, or enough Wii Points to download Ocarina of Time ($10), Majora's Mask ($10), A Link to the Past ($8), Legend of Zelda ($5), and Adventure of Link ($5). That comes out to $38 for five Zelda games that will be stored on your Wii with incredibly easy access and no lag. That's your best bet.
That's amazing. Too bad my router doesn't work... :( I need to get all those but OoT because I already have the disc for it.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
I'll be surprised if anyone besides me considers Twilight Princess among the greatest games ever. I'm guessing it's the 13th installment in the series, but even if the general favorite among Nintendo fans is Ocarina of Time, that doesn't mean the series is past its prime or has even jumped an inch over the shark. The series, as a whole, is getting better, not worse, with each new installment.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'll be surprised if anyone besides me considers Twilight Princess among the greatest games ever. I'm guessing it's the 13th installment in the series, but even if the general favorite among Nintendo fans is Ocarina of Time, that doesn't mean the series is past its prime or has even jumped an inch over the shark. The series, as a whole, is getting better, not worse, with each new installment.
Very true. The series is expanding and getting better as a whole. While most consider none of the games since OoT to actually be better than it, the series has indeed polished itself more since then. We have definitely not seen the best of Zelda yet.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
i had another question btw guys.

I remember hearing a theory about WW happening first before the other zelda games, something to do with the deku tree succeeding in bringing the lands together to make a new hyrule.

At the end of WW, link puts a sword in ganon's face and he turns to stone and keeps the sword in it to seal ganondorf. Is it possible that the stone that the sword is in in OoT is carved out of the stone ganondorf was turned in to?

Mewter

Smash Master

I remember hearing a theory about WW happening first before the other zelda games, something to do with the deku tree succeeding in bringing the lands together to make a new hyrule.

At the end of WW, link puts a sword in ganon's face and he turns to stone and keeps the sword in it to seal ganondorf. Is it possible that the stone that the sword is in in OoT is carved out of the stone ganondorf was turned in to?
This is all impossible because Wind Waker gives a prologue that describes the Hero of Time failing to show up, meaning OoT came long before Wind Waker.

Spire

III
BRoomer

This question belongs in the timeline thread. But, no, it's not possible. Ganondorf debuts in Ocarina of Time - before him, there is no other Ganon. He's the first and only Ganon, and appears in every following game. Why would the King of Hyrule in OoT trust Ganondorf if he was a threat in the past? Bad theory.

Plus, WW references The Hero of Time in its intro. It was created as a sequel and should be treated as such until Nintendo, for whatever reason, decides to relocate it - if ever (highly, highly doubt this).

Scott!

Smash Lord
I haven't played it. How good is it? Does it handle well? Does it feel at least partly real-ish? Also, how's the archery bit? Cause that's just as likely to be in Zelda Wii.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Me and a friend were under the impression at one time that all the new equipment for the Wii would be put to use on the new Zelda. Like the Wii fitness board, the Animal Crossing Microphone, the Wii-motion plus; all were put throughout the random Wii games so that people could use them for a much bigger game like Zelda.

I dont know if these new pieces of equipment sold very well, though, so my theory might be bunk.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Hopefully they don't use all that stuff. I've got the zapper from LCT, if they want to use that, and I'm willing to buy the Motion+, but that's it for me. I don't remember it ever being more than a theory though.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Which makes me wonder if the crossbow will be an obtainable item in Zelda Wii...
Good point... imagine, you could even upgrade to having Fire Bolts and Ice Bolts later in the game!

As for the sword combat with Motion Plus, I am a little stuck. There are two ways of looking at it:
A) They are doing it in Red Steel 2, so why not this game too? It would be a major selling point of the game, hopefully drawing in Zelda fans and possibly Red Steel fans too. The new combat would revolutionize the way Link fights most enemies, from Stalfos to Darknuts.

B) Nintendo does have a conservative side, especially when it comes to its long-standing names like Zelda and Mario. Would implementing such a system of combat ruin the simplicity of control that Zelda is known for? Would it be too much of a handful when fighting a horde of enemies? The folks at the big N may favor TP-style sword swinging because of these kinds of doubts.

However, I find myself as I type this leaning towards option A. Each Zelda game is supposed to be a new and different experience. There can never be one "ideal" Zelda experience, so Nintendo will try to change it up, while maintaining most of the game's original formula, in order to make the most interesting, but familiar, experience for the player. Thoughts?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Um, what? No, the next Zelda will definitely include Wii Motion plus. Maybe not outside of Boss Battles (or maybe encounters with Iron Knuckles, Stalfos, and the notibly powerful generic monsters), but I have no doubt that Wii Motion+ will be implemented somehow in Zelda Wii.

7 years

Smash Rookie
Ah man.... TP left my arms sore.
If they do implement Wii Motions plus in Zelda: Wii i'll make sure to sleep before playing to rest.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
If they do implement Wii Motions plus in Zelda: Wii i'll make sure to sleep before playing to rest.
I hope they don't make us actually pull back the nunchuk everytime we want to fire an arrow. I always liked rapidfiring my bow in Zelda games.

Maybe they'll add the crossbow.

XACE-K

Smash Master
So you flailed your arms around while playing TP? You could just flick your wrist.

Anyway. Wii Motion+ will probably be in any more Zelda games games on the Wii, unless they go back to old school Zelda for agame.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If TP swordplay made you tired, you were swinging waaaaaaaaaay too hard.

7 years

Smash Rookie
So you flailed your arms around while playing TP? You could just flick your wrist.

Anyway. Wii Motion+ will probably be in any more Zelda games games on the Wii, unless they go back to old school Zelda for agame.
That's what I did actually. But the thing is most of the gameplay I did was laying down so i would have to keep my arms constantly raised instead where if I was sitting down my arms could be resting on my lap. And sometimes for some reason the movements wouldn't register so i'd do it again twice as hard to see a result.

If TP swordplay made you tired, you were swinging waaaaaaaaaay too hard.
Read above post.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Well, of course Wii Motion + will be implemented, but I was just wondering if it will be used for one-to-one swordplay like in Wii Sports Resort. I really hope so, but I think it should not be used all the time. It should probably be reserved for certain mini-bosses or enemies such as Darknuts. That's what I was saying, Skyler. Zelda is known for having intuitive control, and I don't want that messed up. They have done that with Wii games before (not TP, more like Sonic Unleashed nighttime, for ex.)

On the whole I am a big fan of Wii Motion +! I hope it will be used in Other M as well as Sin and Punishment and Zelda.

Scott!

Smash Lord
If they use it, it'll either be an option you can just turn off, or it'll be on all of the time. Having it switch on its own would be silly.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ummmm, I was told to post here.

I was wondering about the similarities of Anakin Skywalker and Ganondorf. Y'know how they were apparently born with no father.

Spire

III
BRoomer

I was wondering about the similarities of Anakin Skywalker and Ganondorf. Y'know how they were apparently born with no father.
You went into further detail about this in Darkurai's thread. Now please write up a synopsis of this idea of yours if you want proper feedback.

Falcon88

Smash Ace

Nice observation. We know Ani had no father, and of course, all Gerudos are female except for the one male. But, like SpireIII said, if you have more similarities, you may want to post them here for convenience. In the meantime, I'll be checking on that thread.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ugh, thinking about it there is not that many similarities to right a report.

They were created by magic, or Ganondorf could have been born to a Hylian man.

They both become the Dark Lord, also they are icons of evil.

They both learn dark magic.

That's about the only thing I could think of, it would be cool if they made a Zelda game where you could play as Ganondorf in pre-ocarina and you would go through his origins. IDK it might just be me.

EDIT: I believe I just MIGHT write something about Ganondorf being born to a Hylian man.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Hmm, it's also possible Ganondorf fought some "sand people" in Gerudo Valley at some point in his life too, lol.

But I kinda doubt a Ganondorf prequel game would come to being, or would be as successful as a game with Link as the main character. I think Nintendo likes to put small morals into their Zelda games. But if they can make the morals extremely subtle while including repercussions to Ganondorf, the player, as he descends into evil, then it would be amazing.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol at the sand people thing!

But, yea, I always thought they could make it like Star Wars. Ganondorf could have been like the chosen one and he falls to the dark side, and wreaks havoc all over Hyrule.

EDIT: Maybe, he was trying to get the Gerudo's a better home with the triforce. But, when he received the triforce of power he becomes the villain. IDK highly unlikely. I am interested on a possible Ganon origin.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Could Ganondorf possibly have had a master at some point that corrupted him?

Also, funny how one of these "sand people" (Nabooru) goes to try and defeat Twinrova (Ganondorf's mother(s)). Pure coincidence, but the similarities are ever-so-evident.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, we know they were both corrupted by a thirst for power.
Without Palpatine though, Anakin would not have been pushed over the edge. He'd continue thirsting, but would probably never find that necessary impetus fueled by the Dark Side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom