• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The Temple
Hyrule Temple
Hyrule Castle
Temple of Time
Temple of Nerds...

...Take your pick.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Fountain of Swords

works well.
edit: reference to Put Your Sword in the Fountain for noobs.

If it were to happen.. maybe not Temple of Time.. but a place that recurs within the Zelda games (or most)? Hyrule Castle. Etc.

or Dodong Bombing Arena

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hyrule Market?
Goron Hot Springs, or maybe just Hot Springs?
Sacred Realm
Forest Haven

Hm, I would have suggest Kakariko Pub but we're already using that at the Zelda character discussion forum.

I hope Hyrule Market FINALLY gets used for something.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
CURRENT FAVORITES:

Temple of Time
Hyrule Castle
Sacred Realm
Castle Town

There are others, but these are the ones that I find most likely (as if my opinion means anything... :laugh:)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
PLEASE, O GREAT AND POWERFUL ADMINS! HEAR OUR PLEAS!!

Oh and I also like Castle Town. I don't know, we should take a vote or something if this thing ever develops.

So how many of you guys posted something in forum support? I would like to image we all did...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't get ahead of yourselves guys. I know a few of you have sent stuff in, but it doesn't me we'll get it. If you could, please continue actual Zelda discussion in this thread... not SWF discussion.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Don't get ahead of yourselves guys. I know a few of you have sent stuff in, but it doesn't me we'll get it. If you could, please continue actual Zelda discussion in this thread... not SWF discussion.
*hangs head in shame* I just want it so BAD. Anyway, yeah, we should probably get this thread back on topic.

Still, would it KILL you to let us have some fantasies for a while, Skyler? :(

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
Like Skyler said, either keep it Zelda related or you may have a few infractions coming your way.

Also, avoid one liners like this one.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, every Link that we've known so far in the games has yet to speak (sans WW Link's, "come on!" shout). If a Zelda anime were to be made, the most logical approach would be to base it in an entirely new era of the timeline, with a new Link, Zelda, Ganon, etc. This way, the designers could explore and create Hyrule however they wanted, and could make Link talk. Look at Heero Yuy or Trowa Barton from Gundam Wing. They spoke very little vocally, rather communicating more through their actions. Here's the thing. Nintendo has not made Link speak, because they feel that it would detract from the player's connection with him. In the cartoon/anime, you would be watching Link, not playing as him, so speaking would not be a problem. Same goes for a possible movie.
Link having little speech would also remove some of the awkwardness of him being alone and not talking the majority of the movie. If he's sparse in speech when he's around people, it won't feel as awkward when he's in a dungeon and there's nobody to talk with (sans something like Navi, or Midna). Silence might be achievable in a Zelda movie.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Fine, fine. I submit. *drops weapon* Don't want any trouble. On topic: I do want to see a Toon Link anime. That would be interesting. But I was thinking about buying the OoT manga... have any of you guys read it?

edit: I always wondered if they were going to make a REAL Zelda Movie, how would they screen a dungeon? How could they make that look good on the silver screen?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
If you can actually find a reasonably priced copy of it, go ahead and buy it. If not, just read the various scans that can be found across the internet.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Link having little speech would also remove some of the awkwardness of him being alone and not talking the majority of the movie. If he's sparse in speech when he's around people, it won't feel as awkward when he's in a dungeon and there's nobody to talk with (sans something like Navi, or Midna). Silence might be achievable in a Zelda movie.
Well it's about time someone replied to this. Glad it didn't get entirely overlooked. 15th post on a page is never good.

Silence could definitely be achieved, if of course, the definition of silence is: "sparse talk". Link would have to talk at times. Look at it this way - in the games, when Link confronts someone, I doubt they just suddenly start telling him their life story. I'm sure it's implied that he says something like, "hello, how are you," etc. Also, when Kaepora Gaebora rants, at the end, he asks, "would you like me to repeat that?" to which you reply with either, yes or no, meaning Link is actually saying yes or no because the owl is talking to him, not YOU directly.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Well it's about time someone replied to this. Glad it didn't get entirely overlooked. 15th post on a page is never good.

Silence could definitely be achieved, if of course, the definition of silence is: "sparse talk". Link would have to talk at times. Look at it this way - in the games, when Link confronts someone, I doubt they just suddenly start telling him their life story. I'm sure it's implied that he says something like, "hello, how are you," etc. Also, when Kaepora Gaebora rants, at the end, he asks, "would you like me to repeat that?" to which you reply with either, yes or no, meaning Link is actually saying yes or no because the owl is talking to him, not YOU directly.
Not hearing Link's voice is AWESOME. If we did hear him talk (other than his random battle screams and grunts) it would alienatehim from certain crowds. So if he had a deep manly voice, chicks who play couldnt relate to Link as well. If he had a sissy girl voice, us men who play Zelda would be turned off.

Not hearing Link's true voice throughout the games also gives the feel of Link as a loner. Kinda fitting, because in most games his battle is Link vs the World.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Maybe Link's triforce of courage gives him telepathic powers, but not the extent of Zelda.

I prefer him not having a voice.

It's like when a game or comic or book is made into a movie and it's not at all what you had pictured in your mind. I'd hate to not be able to connect to a Zelda game. Though with the release of Phantom Hourglass, seems like thats already happening.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah I'm pretty sure they didn't give Link a voice so that the player could inject his own personality into the character. That way would make him most identifiable.

I think Miyamato or someone said something like that at some point. lol

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yeah I'm pretty sure they didn't give Link a voice so that the player could inject his own personality into the character. That way would make him most identifiable.

I think Miyamato or someone said something like that at some point. lol
That's why Link's name is..well Link. He's a link of the player to the game world.

Actually will there ever be a Zelda game where your actions define the fate of Hyrule/Termina/what ever land out there? It's a interesting concept where Link would truly be a link from our world to theirs. It could be me ranting or having one of my crackpot theories, but I really want to see a game like that.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
That's why Link's name is..well Link. He's a link of the player to the game world.

Actually will there ever be a Zelda game where your actions define the fate of Hyrule/Termina/what ever land out there? It's a interesting concept where Link would truly be a link from our world to theirs. It could be me ranting or having one of my crackpot theories, but I really want to see a game like that.
That, unfortunately, can't happen. The Trifrorce represents balance. You can have power, but you need wisdom to command that power. You can have courage, but you need power to make good of that courage. You can have wisdom, but you need courage to stand up to the power with that wisdom. It all comes full circle. Link moving Hyrule down a turn for the worse just won't happen, because it destroys the point of the Triforce.

That and morality choices in games still haven't evolved past the basic ultimate good/ultimate evil, which is absolutely ridiculous. Despite how ****ty the game was, Shadow the Hedgehog is managing to do it better than games such as inFamous and the like.

Speaking of new gameplay mechcanis in the next Zelda, though, I think the series would benefit greatly to getting a heavy Action RPG infusion. Nothing like equipment leveling up (as nothing should be more powerful than the Master Sword, the Hylian Shield, etc.), but having the ability to level Link up. My main problem with the Zelda games as they are now is that I don't feel like I'm fighting Ganon's army of evil - I feel like I'm fighting his militia of two hundred or so moblin's. It's ridiculous, and the game needs much more enemies to complete it's epic feel, and giving Link the ability to level up (and combat much more fluently) will certainly encourage players to step down from Epona and fight.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
That, unfortunately, can't happen. The Trifrorce represents balance. You can have power, but you need wisdom to command that power. You can have courage, but you need power to make good of that courage. You can have wisdom, but you need courage to stand up to the power with that wisdom. It all comes full circle. Link moving Hyrule down a turn for the worse just won't happen, because it destroys the point of the Triforce.

That and morality choices in games still haven't evolved past the basic ultimate good/ultimate evil, which is absolutely ridiculous. Despite how ****ty the game was, Shadow the Hedgehog is managing to do it better than games such as inFamous and the like.

Speaking of new gameplay mechcanis in the next Zelda, though, I think the series would benefit greatly to getting a heavy Action RPG infusion. Nothing like equipment leveling up (as nothing should be more powerful than the Master Sword, the Hylian Shield, etc.), but having the ability to level Link up. My main problem with the Zelda games as they are now is that I don't feel like I'm fighting Ganon's army of evil - I feel like I'm fighting his militia of two hundred or so moblin's. It's ridiculous, and the game needs much more enemies to complete it's epic feel, and giving Link the ability to level up (and combat much more fluently) will certainly encourage players to step down from Epona and fight.
Of course. And the enemies get harder and harder so you will have to level up to progress through the game, instead of having to hack and slash your way through a couple of pushover enemies.

But I think it would be an interesting idea to be able to level up weapons and items through use. Of course, once you get the Master Sword, Hylian Shield, etc., you can't have anything stronger. I feel this would add depth to the game making you feel like your actually getting to use the items and get better and more skillful with them through mastery. I.E., the more you use the hookshot, the quicker you are able to use it, and the like.... But I could be completely wrong, and I am fully expecting somebody to disprove me.

Spire

III
BRoomer

So long as it does not become a hack-n-slash game. That would absolutely kill itself. FFXII and Prince of Persia should definitely be taken as inspirations for Zelda, because it could definitely help the series.

But speaking of Ganon's army, I've never once felt like he was a threat at all. He's spoken of his forces, but we've never really seen them, sans of course, a few Moblins, Lizalfos, Stalfos, and Darknuts here and there. But, we never see them in action, merely guarding some puzzles and what not. It's really lame. Plus, we fight them 1, 2, or maybe 3+ at a time. Can Link's courageous guile ever really show as he's faced with some true challenges? We've spoken of it before, and difficulty is exactly what we need. As you level up, you face tougher enemies, not the start-of-the-game Koroks, but larger, enhanced forms.

We need a much broader and expanded bestiary.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I dont know about having a rediculously huge amount of enemies, where you often forget what they were the moment they were killed.

Instead, I like the current formula, but I think they should be greatly improved and expanded. (fight the smaller variation of an enemy... and then later on a bigger, more dangerous version of it, and then finally the boss.)

A good example of perfection in that area would be Metroid Prime's space pirates.

At the very beggining you start off with weak, injured pirates... Then you move on to the standard ones. But as you move into the mines (where their main base is) you start fighting invisible pirates, ones that are vulnerable only to certain attacks, and they get more powerful as you go deeper. At this point they are already intimidating... But then finally, the grand finale, the Omega pirate. The way the difficulty was constantly on edge was perfect.

(or another example would be the baby sheegoths. when I first saw one, I was like HOLY SH** I'M GONNA DIE. The best part was after you died many times trying to kill it and scan it, you realize it's just a baby. If that was the baby, I sure as **** hope I dont meet it's parents. And then you did later on. *shudders*)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I agree on the whole "Ganon's army" thing. I could see something like this happen in the next game:

I don't know why this was made, because it obviously never happened in the games, but that's the problem. At the very least, Ganon's Castle/Lair/Fortress should be filled with a bunch of evil minions. Like, maybe several different levels of sub-bosses leading up to him or something.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh man, I remember having this poster (came out of an issue of NP) years ago. I thought it was the best thing I'd ever seen, and to this day, not much can beat it. The fact that it was made to promote Ocarina of Time is a bit of a disclaimer, don't you think? Link and Sheik fighting together is something that's only happened in Smash Bros, strangely enough.

XACE-K

Smash Master
And in that poster was the only time you saw Sheik use the blade she carries. I want that kind of enemies to be against me in Zelda games.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Does Sheik use her dagger during her dash attack in Melee/Brawl? If she doesn't, that's kinda lame. D:

I love that poster. It was my favorite one of Zelda. A battle that's like the battle of 1,000 Heartless in Kingdom Hearts II would be amazing.

Just make sure that this game has a system for free magic use on the Spin Attack, like in Ocarina of Time. It'd be tough but amazing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
90% sure she doesn't use the dagger for whatever reason.
Confirmed. Ganon uses his sword more than Sheik uses her dagger in Smash Bros. It's saddening that Sakurai would give our Zelda characters weapons, yet no ability to use them, especially when Ganon taunts US by drawing the sword. At least Sheik isn't a prick about it like he is.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Confirmed. Ganon uses his sword more than Sheik uses her dagger in Smash Bros. It's saddening that Sakurai would give our Zelda characters weapons, yet no ability to use them, especially when Ganon taunts US by drawing the sword. At least Sheik isn't a prick about it like he is.
I wonder about that, too. Sakurai's ways are rather strange.

Quick question -- Any idea on how long it will take before the Administrators (or whoever) reads the Zelda thread on Forum Support? I'm more than ready to begin new threads on a Zelda forum.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Quick question -- Any idea on how long it will take before the Administrators (or whoever) reads the Zelda thread on Forum Support? I'm more than ready to begin new threads on a Zelda forum.
More likely than not, they've already been read. I don't know for sure, but Forum Support is checked often.

BUT SERIOUSLY OFF THAT TOPIC. :mad:

@OoT poster: I think Shiek's knife was sherely for promotional purposes. They don't even make mention of it in OoT (not to mention that I don't think her character model in that game even HAD a knife holster). It would be cool to see Shiek use the knife, but at this point... I think Shiek is gone for good.

XACE-K

Smash Master
I was playing my cousin's copy of Majora's Mask and I met Tingle. As much as I hate that guy, I thought of something concerning him. If he's supposed to be some short, 35 year old, fairy obssesed man, how come he exists in random places throughout the LoZ timeline and is known?
btw, I'm going by Spire's timeline for this.

He appears before the timeline split (Minish Cap along with his brothers), the adult timeline (Majora's Mask but his appearance is different then what we mostly know him for), and the child timeline (WW & FSA). Is there something about him that lets him live for eternity like it seems Link, Ganon, and Zelda do?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think it could use more enemies, I definitely agree that it's like "wtf ganon takes over hyrule with THIS as his army?", but idk about leveling up, I wouldn't want zelda to be a grindfest. I'd like to see more upgrades in equipment, have more towns and less of a sparse overworld and you can keep upgrading your armor and weapons in new shops.

Speaking of the sparse overworld, like the lack of enemies, that makes little sense too, hyrule seems sophisticated enough a civilization that its tiny size, having like 2-3 towns with few people in them, makes absolutely no sense, even if castle town remains the only major city, you'd think they could add more little rural villages or something throughout hyrule field

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The one I made has two views.

And no replies. :mad:

I was playing my cousin's copy of Majora's Mask and I met Tingle. As much as I hate that guy, I thought of something concerning him. If he's supposed to be some short, 35 year old, fairy obssesed man, how come he exists in random places throughout the LoZ timeline and is known?
btw, I'm going by Spire's timeline for this.

He appears before the timeline split (Minish Cap along with his brothers), the adult timeline (Majora's Mask but his appearance is different then what we mostly know him for), and the child timeline (WW & FSA). Is there something about him that lets him live for eternity like it seems Link, Ganon, and Zelda do?
Maybe that will be revealed in the supposed upcoming game that stars him.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think it could use more enemies, I definitely agree that it's like "wtf ganon takes over hyrule with THIS as his army?", but idk about leveling up, I wouldn't want zelda to be a grindfest. I'd like to see more upgrades in equipment, have more towns and less of a sparse overworld and you can keep upgrading your armor and weapons in new shops.
Well, I'm hoping that the game designers could pull off perfect level progression, much like in TWEWY (the one time I had to grind in that game was for the final boss, and even then, it was only about two levels). I also agree with there being less sparse of an overworld.

Speaking of the sparse overworld, like the lack of enemies, that makes little sense too, hyrule seems sophisticated enough a civilization that its tiny size, having like 2-3 towns with few people in them, makes absolutely no sense, even if castle town remains the only major city, you'd think they could add more little rural villages or something throughout hyrule field
One of the current problems with the Zelda franchise is that most of the game world is dungeon space. This is not bad - it's good! But, the overworld needs a serious increase in size, as well as an increase in city/town size. It's more work for the developers, but it will just make the game feel all the more believable. You have the right idea, etecoon.

Spire

III
BRoomer
A completely open and seamless world would be incredible. No zoning, no loading; completely open and connected. Imagine using an item like the Deku Leaf to soar from the top of Death Mountain halfway across the entirety of Hyrule, picking up on jets of wind, etc.

Well, there went post 4000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom