• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
New subject: Legend of Zelda movie. Who might play who?

Ganondorf: Faran Tahir
- He has the natural olive skin and the Gerudo nose. While only 5'10", camera tricks can make him much taller; LotR did it.

The ears are surprsingly similar but my only problem is the chin.

Scott!

Smash Lord
All I know as far as casting goes is that whoever IGN used for Link in their fake trailer should not get the role. He looked too unintelligent or something. Zelda was okay, and Ganon was just plain silly. Any other casting would depend on which story they were using.

Spire

III
BRoomer
David Blane, Hannah Fierman, and Adam Boyer should play Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf.

The reason none of you know who these people are is because they did a nonprofit Zelda film themselves. Surprisingly, it looks pretty **** good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPTpjK88apc
I think the word you were looking for is "awful". This looks like a live-action version of the TV series.

I laughed at "David Blane". That's funny.

kr3wman

Smash Master
'Wot AWR YOU DOWING IN TAH CASTLE OF HIroule?' no offense to British people but dang.

I laughed. I'd totally see myself watching the movie and enjoying it if I treat it as a spoof.

Spire

III
BRoomer
'Wot AWR YOU DOWING IN TAH CASTLE OF HIroule?' no offense to British people but dang.

I laughed. I'd totally see myself watching the movie and enjoying it if I treat it as a spoof.
Oh totally. I'd watch the film in its entirety for that reason alone.
I know, it's just a fanfilm, but you've got to appreciate the fact that they're actually doing it. They had absolutely no budget.
The visuals are great for their production value (most fan films would probably look far worse), but the acting is terrible.

EDIT: Just watched that again. It went so fan-film cliché when they included that overused sword at 2:12. I've seen that a million times from fan films to Morrowind mods to a friend of mine's room. You can't get much worse than that sword. Nevertheless, I would watch this to see how true they are to the series.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I prefer the guy that played mini-me on Austin Powers.
That's too much of a gimmick. Verne Troyer has been used and abused far too many times. Just because you have a short character does not mean his shoes must be filled by the obvious choice. Tingle is not a dwarf, rather a really short, out-of-shape guy.

XACE-K

Smash Master
That's too much of a gimmick. Verne Troyer has been used and abused far too many times. Just because you have a short character does not mean his shoes must be filled by the obvious choice. Tingle is not a dwarf, rather a really short, out-of-shape guy.
Short and out-of-shape huh? I have an idea of who it could be, but I forgot the actor's name. >_<

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Wow, I laughed at the Tingle/Dobby comparison. I've never realized how similar they really were -- even their personalities are somewhat identical. Tingle's cooler, though, because Dobby just gets on my nerves somehow...

...Did I really just say something good about Tingle?

Anyway, who decided Tingle would be part of the movie? And which game is this supposed to be based on? If we're going to have Tingle and Ganondorf, we might as well go with WW. However, OoT is much more favorable in my opinion.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
LOLOLOL.

Hahahaha I want the movie to be based on that. A ten minute special.

For the role of "sword" I choose Kate Moss.

Scott!

Smash Lord
2 things.

1. Dobby's sock >>> Tingle. It isn't even funny how superior to Tingle Dobby is. He's amazing all of the time after book 2, where he was semi-homicidal in a friendly way. Tingle is a creepy old guy in fairy clothes. Dobby is a useful elf.

2. Werekill knows where it's at.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Maybe Kaepora Gaebora will give Ingo a long, harsh lecture while Dobby kills Tingle in a friendly way, and Link tries to put his sword in the Great Fairy Fountain amidst the commotion.

In the end, it turns out Link accidentally killed the Great Fairy by striking her in the head while she busted out of the fountain laughing her *** off.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Good. If the fairy looks and/or sounds like those *****es from OoT, she deserves it.

In all seriousness...

Which annoying actress should be the voice actor for Navi?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Why Ocarina of Time of all Zelda games.
I personally think they should do Majoras Mask. Or actually -- I just want an animated series based off that. It would make a great one. I just think I'd cry to often.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
They already have a manga. :ohwell:

Wasn't there an animated series based on Legend of Zelda before, anyway?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wait wait wait, who ever said a movie would have to be based on any of the games? I had in mind that it would be original, drawing on key elements found throughout the series.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think Nintendo needs to start releasing Game Boy/Game Boy Advance games onto the DSi. I want to get OoS, OoA, and Minish Cap! And, an updated Four Swords Adventures with WiFi play would be absolutely great - think about being able to play the game without having to buy peripherals! NES/SNES games would work great on the DSi also, meaning all the classic Zelda's as well.

The GB/GBA thing is probably bound to happen, but I hope Nintendo will have the brains to give FSA WiFi.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
They already have a manga. :ohwell:

Wasn't there an animated series based on Legend of Zelda before, anyway?
So? There's manga / anime transition things all the time. It would make a good series though. Mainly because the side quests are vast in Majoras Mask so there is always something going on. I'm pretty sure a creative writer could some how link those into the main story, too. It'd be pretty nice to see.

I would honestly like to see an adaption from a game if it happened. I don't know. An original story would be nice.. but would it be as good?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
No, it wouldn't. Excuuuuuse me, princess and the talking Triforce is what we got from original stories. And how did that turn out? But CDi wasn't an adaptation from a game... Although, some fans would be disappointed if the story were to change the wrong way.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Any Zelda media that has Link speak loses some credibility to me. The manga are ok because they aren't canon, and they're translated from Japanese, so any issues I have with Link I can blame on that rather than him not being how I imagine.

As for a Zelda anime based on the manga, that would be interesting. I'm not sold on the idea, but I could be if it were done well. Maybe. The MM manga was pretty excellent too, and all the others I've read were solid at least, so it would be worth a try, I'd say.

Concerning an original story, why not, if it were done well? Each game is an original story as much as a show would be. Perhaps even more so, since the show would probably be at least partially based on a game.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Link's only allowed to talk if he gets a good voice actor. That's my one rule. He's also not allowed to talk about eating octorocks.

Spire

III
BRoomer
You guys realize that if they did another Zelda cartoon, it would obviously be based on the toon Zelda games, right?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I agree, but if you guys have any suggestions take it to forum support. If enough you tell them that a Zelda forum would be a good idea, they might just change their minds. :)

@Spire: Perhaps, but a Zelda anime (I know you hate the art style, but I know you'd watch it because it's Zelda) could work for the adult Link games. Though, I'd be watching the subs for sure with that, because the dubs would probably have a lot edited out.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Actually, on this subject, I would like to know about how a silent protagonist would work out for the world of Zelda if there WERE an animation... They would need to put in someone that could talk for or say everything that the Link is saying (like Tatl or Navi) but I have never seen too many shows or series that have had that..

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah...

In other news, I think Pit Stop needs to go and a Zelda board needs to be put in. Anyone else think this? THis thread already has more posts than pit stop ever had.
Yeah, we've worked towards this before. It's something that I would love incredibly.
Actually, on this subject, I would like to know about how a silent protagonist would work out for the world of Zelda if there WERE an animation... They would need to put in someone that could talk for or say everything that the Link is saying (like Tatl or Navi) but I have never seen too many shows or series that have had that..
Well, every Link that we've known so far in the games has yet to speak (sans WW Link's, "come on!" shout). If a Zelda anime were to be made, the most logical approach would be to base it in an entirely new era of the timeline, with a new Link, Zelda, Ganon, etc. This way, the designers could explore and create Hyrule however they wanted, and could make Link talk. Look at Heero Yuy or Trowa Barton from Gundam Wing. They spoke very little vocally, rather communicating more through their actions. Here's the thing. Nintendo has not made Link speak, because they feel that it would detract from the player's connection with him. In the cartoon/anime, you would be watching Link, not playing as him, so speaking would not be a problem. Same goes for a possible movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom