• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
That's not what he meant. He means how could you possibly form a solid opinion based off a single piece of concept art.
This.
I wouldn't say almost instantaneously, but it would definitly make it much more likely. Seeing as how Zelda DD has already been made (or at the very least, is close to completion) it wouldn't even require that much work. Just translation and porting it to the DS. It would be great.
I'd hate that. That would be like the 4th release of OoT already. If they want to go the way of portable 64 games they should do what Sony does. Just let you use the PS1 games you've bought and play them on your handeld. I mean, it get's to be a bit much if you've already bought the GBA version of Super Mario World and need to buy it again just to play it on your TV and then if they released a "DS version" later..

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Though I don't like to admit it, Majora's Mask was easily a better game than Ocarina of Time IN IT'S OWN RIGHTS.

You get to play (technically) as three other characters, some dungeon bosses are actually fun to fight (Goht), you've got all the mask sidequests, etc...

The thing that Ocarina had, though, that Majora was "lacking" was the story line. In their own ways, though, they both succeeded. Ocarina's genre was epic while Majora's was romantic. They both fulfill the requirements. Respectively speaking, boy grows, defeats the evil antagonist, saves the princess and his land, goes off for a new adventure/ boy explores the land and fixes the relationships of an unknown world before returning to his own one. Fortunately or unfortunately, "epic" stories are better accepted by the public, especially a game like Zelda's demographic.

In my opinion, I think Nintendo made a name for themselves in the 90s by introducing compelling and immersive storylines. The characters aren't terribly interesting or dynamic, but the stories were very well developed.

As ROOOOY! was saying, though, Nintendo seems to be tumbling down Mt. Sell-Out at an exponentially increasing speed, and by the looks of it, couldn't be happier.

TP was incredibly disappointing to me. It just confirmed, in my own mind, that Nintendo is running out of ideas. Seems to me that once they found out there was money in selling to Microsoft and Sony's leftovers, they decided to abandon the people that made them popular. I'm personally getting really sick of A-lister games tiding me over until the next one, while Nintendo spends its time "developing" games like Barbie's Ranch and novelties like the Vitality sensor for kindergartners and Alzheimer's patients. All their best games are Mark and Matt's over-rated A-listers, remakes of SNES and PS2 games and various of VC console ports.

Phantom Hourglass was absolutely disgusting. From the plagarized storyline they stole from THEIR OWN GAME, to cliche/bland characters, HORRIBLY put together "puzzles", tedious mechanics like the boomering, arrows and (Godddddd) the ship upgrading and anchor breaking, to the linear storyline and predictable plot twists, it was just deplorable. Imo, that game is the epitome of Nintendo's complete abandonment of interesting story lines and characters.

Being the hypocrite that I am, it's likely (if I still have my wii) that I'll buy the new wii zelda (I smell a pot of suck coming from link's train) and maybe Other M. My hopes are not up by any means though. Looking at Nintendo's track record for the last 5 or so years, I'm certain I'll regret every penny I spent buying those games.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'd hate that. That would be like the 4th release of OoT already. If they want to go the way of portable 64 games they should do what Sony does. Just let you use the PS1 games you've bought and play them on your handeld. I mean, it get's to be a bit much if you've already bought the GBA version of Super Mario World and need to buy it again just to play it on your TV and then if they released a "DS version" later..
Super Mario 64
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario 64 on the virtual console

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Super Mario Advanced 3: Yoshi's Island

Pokemon Red
pokemon Blue
Pokemon Yellow
Pokemon Fire Red
Pokemon Leaf Green

The Tetris series

Nintendo really likes to sell it's products over and over again.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This.

DD Zelda is like OoT with new characters and new temples. It's an update, not a repackaging. I want more OoT goodness (thought more MM would be preferred).

Scott!

Smash Lord
With all this talk of remakes and updates, I wonder if they'll do something with Zelda Wii like they did with WW and Master Quest. Preorder ZW, and get DD Zelda, or OoT 3.0, or whatever it would be.

I wonder if they've done most of what they wanted to do in OoT yet? I read that article that came up a page or two ago, and they got a lot of it out in MM. Clearly, they wanted to give OoT another look with TP, since it's a very similar game in many ways. But I wonder what else Aonuma and Miyamoto have kicking around in their heads from last decade. Or have they moved on to other ideas? They've had some new ones, clearly, as WW proves by its nature. But what else? The Master Sword taking a second form, if it's true, isn't something I've heard rumors about before ZW. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Though I don't like to admit it, Majora's Mask was easily a better game than Ocarina of Time IN IT'S OWN RIGHTS.
Man speaks the truth. Majoras mask was the mostt challenging (for a person playing it through for their first time WITHOUT walkthorugh) zelda game. And the story, although simpler than Ocarina of time, was actually deeper. Gameplay was better, graphics were better, music....it was up to par with OoT. Definetely is TOP 2 zelda game material.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hello all. After discussing some stuff in the Zelda chat, I started wondering about what really happened to epona.

Skull kid says he does away with her for you, and then disappears. Later on in the game, you find "Epona" at Lon Lon Ranch's duplicate.

From what I've noticed, only Hyrule Market and Lon Lon Ranch people seem to have mirror versions in Termina. Epona, like Malon and the other Ranchers who all got re-cast, likely has a mirror version.

Anyway, my point here is, I personally think that the Epona you left with was not the Epona you came in with. That would explain why you have to teach her Epona's song and she doesn't recognize you when she sees you. Plus the girl at the ranch doesn't seem to suggest that she recently acquired this horse of yours within the last 24 hours or so of meeting her.

I'm aware that some people didn't play OoT before they played MM, or possibly never even played OoT, and they would have to go through the process of meeting Epona for the first time, but considering the nature of this game, where an upset child is about to destroy his entire world via Moon, freakish transformation masks, and a lot of dying (which we never really saw in OoT), I think it's possible.

I kind of like this idea more than having skull kid just teleport her over to a ranch because he's such a nice kid and cares deeply for the welfare of strangers and their pets.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Wow SinkingHigher, that's great! And not so great at the same time. That's darker than ever before. Murdering a horse!? Who does that?

But I completely agree with you on this.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I'm beginning to think about the Zelda Wii game a bit differently. Instead of a sequel to MM featuring Termina's parallel form of the Master Sword, it may be a sequel to TP. Theoretically, the Twilight Realm is the Sacred Realm, because Sheik tells Link in OoT that when someone with an evil heart touches the Triforce, the Sacred Realm would become full of evil. And Ganondorf clearly possesses the Triforce of Power in TP, so the Sacred Realm must have become "full of evil". Also, at the end of OoT, when Zelda and the Sages banish Ganondorf to the "Evil Realm", they transport him to the Chamber of Sages and open the Sacred Realm. Since the Sacred Realm doesn't seem to be accessible in TP besides through the Mirror of Twilight, once the Mirror of Twilight is shattered, the Sacred Realm becomes inaccessible, which means that the Master Sword, the Blade of Evil's Bane, has no use. Does this mean it has lost its power and that spirit behind Link is the source of the power? Could she (if it is a female, which it appears to be) be trying to lead another Link to reopen the Sacred Realm in order to restore the Master Sword's power?

Another thought - it seems that Zant may take the Triforce of Power away from Ganondorf at the end of TP. This is possible because Zant is probably (being the king of the Twilight Realm) the male King of the Gerudos, which means he is next in line to receive the Triforce of Power, following Ganondorf's death. This could possibly mean that the Master Sword's spirit is leading Link to reopen the Sacred Realm in order to reunite the Triforce, since Zant is sealed in the Twilight (Sacred) Realm.

Alzi

Smash Master
Where is somewhere good where the new zelda game wii can fit if we only know that the girl is the master sword?

I'm not good with time lines but i'm sure Spire can tell me lol. Where do you think it will fit in if it's all about the story of who and what the master sword is?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Read the post right above yours.
Hahaha, I'm well aware of that. He was saying that it's not a sequel to TP. I heard rumors somewhere that it was a sequel to MM or a sequel to one of the other games. I was saying I don't think it's a sequel to ANY of the zelda games.

Thanks Ocho. : )

Spire

III
BRoomer
I read the interview in Nintendo Power, and the only thing it said about TP was that Zelda Wii will not be so drastically different. Post a link to the interview where Nintendo said it had nothing to do with TP.
Stylistically, it won't be much different. As seen in the concept art, Link's design is obviously heavily influenced from TP, so the world will probably look similar (despite it being much more graphically enhanced, since it's built for the Wii rather than the GCN). Here's for not taking our word: PROOF

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Inteseting... looks like we'll have to wait and play the game before we decide on anything about its placement in the timeline. Crap, I thought I might have been getting somewhere with that...

Although I still think that spirit behind Link may be trying to lead Link into reopening the Sacred Realm or someting in order to restore the Master Sword's power. But then again, who's to say how the Sacred Realm is closed? Unless it IS a result of the Mirror of Twilight shattering, only centuries later.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
^ The villain from Samurai Jack looks like it could be a WW boss...

I decided, for some odd reason, to translate everything written on the TP map to English. Only mistake - it actually says "Lanalu" and not "Lanayru". I also wonder why it says "Latoan" at the bottom where it should say Ordona. I guess that's the Japanese translation? But if that's the case, why does it have Ordon Spring and Ordon Village written on it?

Spire

III
BRoomer
"Next Gen" Legend of Zelda

Perhaps we should start up something similar to the Poke Center's "Next Gen" thread, where we work intelligently together to create an ideal, reasonable, refreshing Zelda experience. By doing so, we will be researching quite a bit, so by making something fictional, we will probably learn quite a bit more about the franchise that we had not previously recognized.

So, let's start with the setting. What time/era should this take place in? What land should this take place in?

My idea is that this should be based in a future Hyrule somewhere down the Child Timeline, but long after the cybernetic, mechanized rule (I'm thinking approximately 1,000+ years after OoT). To tease at the typical "future Zelda" setting, we would play in that world's ruins (similar to Spira of FFX). Because of the great industrialization of Hyrule, much of the climate and geography has changed. Essentially, this is Hyrule trying to rebuild itself as a magical land rather than that of machinery (like its sister Termina). Something incredibly catastrophic destroyed Hyrule Castle/Town and all of the subsequent machinery around the land has since become defunct. Here are some significant changes:

- Hyrule Castle/City has been completely destroyed and consumed by an alien growth from long ago. It now appears covered by the dead remains of this growth as a petrified city, as if it were made entirely of bone marrow. It is a place of spiritual refuge, but is home to a number of mysterious creatures too.
- Death Mountain has frozen over; it snows in the wastelandish Kakariko. A number of Zoras live in the underground lakes where the ice melts.
- Kakariko Village now mostly resides underground in the warmer caverns. Few stragglers live above ground as it has become a ghost town.
- The Forest Region has now almost been completely consumed by fungal growth due to radiation from an experimental reactor built in the ruins of the Great Deku Tree.
- Lake Hylia has been dried up for a long time, becoming a desert canyon-like environment.
- Parts of Gerudo Desert have baked into glass; it is hotter than ever. Incredibly difficult to live in this environment, the Gorons have relocated from Death Mountain to here to mine the glass and fashion wares from it.
- Zora's Domain remains a haven as the nation's main water supply. Many people from all races have migrated here for refuge. It has become the new "hub" of Hyrule.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I wonder why Link isn't holding a sword in the most recent Zelda Wii picture...

Spire

III
BRoomer
I wonder why Link isn't holding a sword in the most recent Zelda Wii picture...
JEEZ! This is getting as obnoxious as the Mybrute thread plague.

I say we ban Zelda Wii discussion until more info is released.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's not really translating.

I would say something like 'decoding' for the task, because it doesn't really look like it's written in a different language, just in a different calligraphy.

Of course some of them don't make sense, but hey.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm not sure I follow?
Well, when the image was first unveiled, we all spoke about it nonstop for quite a number of pages. Then it died off because there wasn't much more we could do in analyzing it. But, since then, a number of people like yourself pop in, post the image, and point out the blatantly obvious. I don't mean to dog on you, but it's like, "man, have you guys really not considered that this has been spoken of thoroughly already?" Seeing as how the Zelda Thread is one of the biggest threads in the Light House, we totally ripped that apart.

I do appreciate that you used a smaller version rather than the enormous one seen in the OP.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I like the enormous one in the OP. But yeah, it would be nice if we didn't discuss that picture anymore. It's been overdiscussed.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I like the enormous one in the OP. But yeah, it would be nice if we didn't discuss that picture anymore. It's been overdiscussed.
The one in the OP is good for the OP. Not for posting in the thread.

But thanks for locking down the discussion.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps we should start up something similar to the Poke Center's "Next Gen" thread, where we work intelligently together to create an ideal, reasonable, refreshing Zelda experience. By doing so, we will be researching quite a bit, so by making something fictional, we will probably learn quite a bit more about the franchise that we had not previously recognized.

So, let's start with the setting. What time/era should this take place in? What land should this take place in?

My idea is that this should be based in a future Hyrule somewhere down the Child Timeline, but long after the cybernetic, mechanized rule (I'm thinking approximately 1,000+ years after OoT). To tease at the typical "future Zelda" setting, we would play in that world's ruins (similar to Spira of FFX). Because of the great industrialization of Hyrule, much of the climate and geography has changed. Essentially, this is Hyrule trying to rebuild itself as a magical land rather than that of machinery (like its sister Termina). Something incredibly catastrophic destroyed Hyrule Castle/Town and all of the subsequent machinery around the land has since become defunct. Here are some significant changes:

- Hyrule Castle/City has been completely destroyed and consumed by an alien growth from long ago. It now appears covered by the dead remains of this growth as a petrified city, as if it were made entirely of bone marrow. It is a place of spiritual refuge, but is home to a number of mysterious creatures too.
- Death Mountain has frozen over; it snows in the wastelandish Kakariko. A number of Zoras live in the underground lakes where the ice melts.
- Kakariko Village now mostly resides underground in the warmer caverns. Few stragglers live above ground as it has become a ghost town.
- The Forest Region has now almost been completely consumed by fungal growth due to radiation from an experimental reactor built in the ruins of the Great Deku Tree.
- Lake Hylia has been dried up for a long time, becoming a desert canyon-like environment.
- Parts of Gerudo Desert have baked into glass; it is hotter than ever. Incredibly difficult to live in this environment, the Gorons have relocated from Death Mountain to here to mine the glass and fashion wares from it.
- Zora's Domain remains a haven as the nation's main water supply. Many people from all races have migrated here for refuge. It has become the new "hub" of Hyrule.
I think this is a bit 'out there' to be honest -- especially the whole Great Deku Tree reactor thing. Besides, Miyamoto said it wouldn't be that drastically different anyway. Although, Kakariko becoming a ghost town has already happened in TP, and Lake Hylia dried up in OoT temporarily. Death Mountain freezing over... seriously? What the hell? The whole Castle Town idea is cool but unlikely.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think this is a bit 'out there' to be honest -- especially the whole Great Deku Tree reactor thing. Besides, Miyamoto said it wouldn't be that drastically different anyway. Although, Kakariko becoming a ghost town has already happened in TP, and Lake Hylia dried up in OoT temporarily. Death Mountain freezing over... seriously? What the hell? The whole Castle Town idea is cool but unlikely.
I seem to have misled you. It's not to come up with what we think will happen in Zelda Wii, but what would potentially work in an ideal game. This is what I'd love to see in a game, so I've shared my ideas.

Know what's even more unlikely than Death Mountain freezing over? A "Twilight Realm" (whatever that is) somehow tearing open and blanketing Hyrule, hiding all the light and transforming people into spirits and creatures into twisted, "twilit" forms. And this all takes place only a century after OoT? Man that's weird.

What's odd about an energy refining company building a reactor in the dead Great Deku Tree to harvest its remaining power to help fuel the nation? Besides, this has long since been abandoned due to a great malfunctioning years and years ago. The radiation caused the forest to deteriorate and decay incredibly, and so over time, fungal colonies infested it, taking over the region.

My idea is based long after TP, even long after Hyrule went through its industrial phases. This is what I want to see in a "future Zelda".

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I like your ideas, Spire, but I get the feeling that you draw a bit too heavily from Final Fantasy. Particularily the Castle Town idea - I'd like to think that it's grown into a gigantic, sprawling city. While the idea of Zora's Domain becoming a 'hub' or Hyrule is good, the main hub is a bit much. The Zora's have always been secluded people, and while a progressive change in nature is thinkable, one to the point where they let themselves become the main area is not.

The thing with the Deku Tree just sounds kinda silly, IMO. Sorry.

Other than that though, no qualms.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I really don't see the Final Fantasy inspiration though. It was not in mind at all, and the FFX reference was drawn after typing it. Remember, Castle Town actually was once a giant, sprawling city, but was destroyed many, many years prior to this game. This was not the doing of Ganon, Vaati, or any malicious individual, organization or anything - this was a complete accident.

Well, the Zora's try and disperse, but with Zora's Domain and underground Kakariko being the only aquatic refuges left in the land, they are forced to live there. Most will eventually migrate to Kakariko, and with it known as the place where the "Zora once all rested at eternally", it becomes a place of sanctitude for the Zoras of this age.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Maybe you will like this one, Spire.

Centuries after Castle Town's sudden destruction, a group of constructionists from Kakariko Village traveled to the remains of Castle Town to begin reconstruction. But ironically, during the process they accidentally released an unseen species of ReDeads that evolved under the city's ruins. The ReDeads wiped out over half of Hyrule's population, leaving only those strong enough to survive and those fortunate enough to hide. Within Castle Town's ruins, an ancient document was recovered featuring the design of the Mirror Chamber and Mirror of Twilight. In attempt to banish the ReDeads from Hyrule, the survivors began construction on a second Mirror of Twilight. Once the Twilight Realm was reopened, numerous Twili escaped from the Twilight Realm and began exploring the mysterious world of light. When suddenly, a male descendant of the Gerudo tribe that escaped the Twilight Realm who carried the Triforce of Power, was murdered by one of the ReDeads, who then recieved the Triforce of Power. Thus, the Twili became good and assisted the Hylians in defeating the ReDeads...

During all of this time, a boy dressed in his father's green tunic (which had been passed down through this family for generations) had been searching through Hyrule's ruined temples to restore the lost pieces of the Twilight Document. After the Mirror was reassembled and one of the ReDeads had obtained the Triforce of Power, while fighting an army of ReDeads, he was chased into the forest. While trying to find a path leading out of the forsaken forest, he stumbled upon an empty pedestal in a large clearing. In this clearing, a strange spirit discovers the boy and tells him she has been "waiting for him". The spirit tells the boy that he has the power to destroy the army of ReDeads, but it can only happen if he follows her instruction. Guided by this strange spirit, the boy sets out to five forsaken temples in search for the five Silver Shards. After the shards were collected, the boy put together a mysterious blade, and the spirit became the handle -- to the legendary Master Sword. He set out to destroy the remaining ReDeads with this sword, even though Hyrule had been introduced to more advanced weaponry long ago. But with the Master Sword, he was able to defeat the ReDead who carried the Triforce of Power, and he then possessed both the Triforce of Courage and Power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom