• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@Spire: Alright. I can see that happening with the Zora's. It was manly Castle Town/The Deku Tree reactor that made me think of Final Fantasy. Though I definitely wouldn't mind if Zelda became an Action RPG, as opposed to a full on adventure game.

@Phantom: Resident Evil: Zelda Edition?

Spire

III
BRoomer
@Spire: Alright. I can see that happening with the Zora's. It was manly Castle Town/The Deku Tree reactor that made me think of Final Fantasy. Though I definitely wouldn't mind if Zelda became an Action RPG, as opposed to a full on adventure game.

@Phantom: Resident Evil: Zelda Edition?
Well here's how the Deku Tree thing plays out in case it has come across the wrong way:

Deku Tree
Some scientists during the prosperous, industrial age of Hyrule realized that there was a TON of stored energy deep in the Deku Tree's roots, despite it being dead for centuries and centuries, so they designed a special type of reactor to be built within it to harness this power. It was considered relatively "eco-friendly" since it ran on solar power, and was only to draw this power out of a dead tree, not out of the rest of the forest, but it backfired, exploded, burnt a considerable amount of the tree and surrounding woods, and finally leaked incredibly potent radiation that would kill the forest. Eventually, a fungus immune to this radiation would move in and colonize, feasting on the decaying wood. Any life forms remaining would reflect this new ecosystem. The Deku would absolutely be no more, and a new type of fungal species would inhabit the region. At the time of this game, the radiation levels would have subsided enough so that the fungal forest could be explorable, sans perhaps the Deku Tree.

Phantom7
As for Phantom7's idea, exactly as I thought. Resident Evil: Zelda Edition. Can't say I'm fond of it though. Seems as if you were going for a dark feel, but down the wrong path. I think anything involving the Twilight Realm should now be over, as so many games have built up and/or hinted to it (ALttP, OoT, FS/FSA). Now that it's been seen, I think it should be left alone. It was a very signature element to Twilight Princess, even invading its title. Just as the Ocarina of Time should be left out of future games (except for perhaps a mention or an easter egg appearance), the Twilight Realm should no longer play a major role in the games. Reinvention is key, and your plot sounded an awful lot like what might have happened if Twilight Princess following OoT in Adult Link's timeline, you know, with the destroyed Hyrule Castle/Town, flooded by ReDead, etc.

Playing as Zelda in a Spin-off
Speaking of Zelda spin-offs though, I was playing Lost Kingdoms (GCN) yesterday and renamed the protagonist Katia as Zelda, so the first words actually spoken in the game were, "Princess Zelda!" Shifting my mindset to make this feel as if I were actually playing as Princess Zelda, I realized, "Nintendo needs to make a full-length LoZ spin-off where we play as Zelda, but in a completely different style of gameplay." Just as Lost Kingdoms is a real-time card battling RPG (except against monsters rather than other card wielders), Zelda could adopt a completely new mechanic, played entirely differently than the games featuring Link. It would not be a major title in the series, but it would definitely make them some money - especially if they made it as a follow-up to Zelda Wii, using the same graphics and what not. They would not have to invest in creating entirely new models, textures and what have you, as most could be renewed.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Playing as Zelda would be full of awesome and win. Ever since she was one of my seconds in Melee, and my sole second in Brawl, I've thought this would be a lot of fun. Of course, being her would be completely different than in Smash, but it's just the idea of it. If they gave her a ton of different spells, each with its uses, and the ability to combine them or something, there's lots of room for a great game.

As for Spire III's future-future Zelda, it requires some serious disbelief-suspension, but once that's done, there's some incredible potential in there. The mutant-fungus Lost Woods would be insane, I bet. The only thing I think of to imagine it is inside the great seeds (or whatever they were) in Metroid Prime 3. Just totally bizarre growth. Hyrule Castle Town: Exoskeletal Edition would similarly be epic. When I imagine it, I'm mentally thinking of the Abarat. It's all twisted and hard to comprehend, yet beautiful, even if you couldn't say what 'it' was.

From a practical pov, I have to ask, though. If Zora's Domain is still wet, then where does the Zora's River flow, if not to Lake Hylia? Does Hyrule get coastal action going on?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Playing as Zelda would be full of awesome and win. Ever since she was one of my seconds in Melee, and my sole second in Brawl, I've thought this would be a lot of fun. Of course, being her would be completely different than in Smash, but it's just the idea of it. If they gave her a ton of different spells, each with its uses, and the ability to combine them or something, there's lots of room for a great game.

As for Spire III's future-future Zelda, it requires some serious disbelief-suspension, but once that's done, there's some incredible potential in there. The mutant-fungus Lost Woods would be insane, I bet. The only thing I think of to imagine it is inside the great seeds (or whatever they were) in Metroid Prime 3. Just totally bizarre growth. Hyrule Castle Town: Exoskeletal Edition would similarly be epic. When I imagine it, I'm mentally thinking of the Abarat. It's all twisted and hard to comprehend, yet beautiful, even if you couldn't say what 'it' was.

From a practical pov, I have to ask, though. If Zora's Domain is still wet, then where does the Zora's River flow, if not to Lake Hylia? Does Hyrule get coastal action going on?
I love you Scott :)

As for Zora's River, I'd imagine that there was a massive collapse at one time somewhere down the river, causing a natural dam to build up. Because of this, many events followed. Firstly, they built a man-made dam closer to Zora's Domain to secure the water as the natural dam was unstable. Secondly, they drilled underground canals for water to escape through to irrigate the earth. Thirdly, as Hylia dried up over time, they recognized that wildlife began to migrate further down into its banks and that flooding it would obstruct their new habitat. So centuries later, the man-made dam was expanded, a small town built around it, and the underground canals fortified to serve as a subterranean transportation system between the various locations of Hyrule - even all the way to Kakariko. This way, Zora's Domain is now directly connected to Kakariko. Because of the climate changing above land, Hyrule now exists greatly underground.

Perhaps also, a large underground river portion leads through the bordering mountains of Hyrule and to the ocean, leading to new explorable areas of Hyrule outside its borders. I would imagine that at the mouth of this underground river, when it meets the open would be a Hyrulean settlement on the shores. However, traveling back this route would be impossible as the river flows one way, so travel back would require crossing over the mountains.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure DekuBoy. As much as I would LOVE for that to happen, at this point you know who Sheik is, and Zelda only used Sheik's image to hide from Ganondorf. (I don't get the feeling that Zelda Wii will involve Ganondorf anyway).

However, they did put her in Brawl even though she hasn't been seen since the late 90s, and she does have a dagger, eluding to the possibility that she may have a bigger role to play.

I can't see there being any point of Sheik unless this game takes place in the 7 year period that Link was gone when the Master Sword was removed from the pedestal. Imo, that would be pretty sweet. Perhaps the reason it takes 7 years for him to come back out from the Temple of Time is because that's how long it took him to find the master sword's essence or whatever it is in the concept art.

I'm totally rambling and speculating, but it would be pretty cool.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'd be skeptical of Sheik appearing. Her being in Brawl is probably not a sign of anything, since Brawl came out before they even announced that the Zelda team was working back at E3 last year. She had to be included way before that too, so that probably doesn't count for anything. She was based off of TP Sheik, who didn't happen. Sheik just kind of feels like a one-shot deal to me.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Honestly, I'd be skeptical of Sheik appearing. Her being in Brawl is probably not a sign of anything, since Brawl came out before they even announced that the Zelda team was working back at E3 last year. She had to be included way before that too, so that probably doesn't count for anything. She was based off of TP Sheik, who didn't happen. Sheik just kind of feels like a one-shot deal to me.
Really? I see Shiek as being a very possible occurrence in Zelda Wii. I don't think they were going to bring Shiek back into Smash Bros if they didn't plan to continue using her as a real character, even if it was before Zelda Wii's official announcement. Just think, why would they bring her back if they were just doing to dump her altogether? I think we are bound to see her in a future game....

...Of course, I could be wrong. I mean, just look at my avatar.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I don't know. I mean we see Waluigi appear in games like Smash, but does that mean we're gonna see him get a bigger role in a real game anytime soon?

I hope not, Wario's a much better character, lol.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Really? I see Shiek as being a very possible occurrence in Zelda Wii. I don't think they were going to bring Shiek back into Smash Bros if they didn't plan to continue using her as a real character, even if it was before Zelda Wii's official announcement. Just think, why would they bring her back if they were just doing to dump her altogether? I think we are bound to see her in a future game....

...Of course, I could be wrong. I mean, just look at my avatar.
I don't think Sheik would have made it except for the fact that she was one of Zelda's moves, and was popular due to her abundance of goodness. If she were separate from Zelda entirely, I think she'd have been cut. I bet they considered cutting her anyway and giving Zelda another move entirely, but since there was concept art for her to be in TP, that was easier, I guess. Sheik's just incredibly lucky to have made it back for Brawl.

Oh, and 8bobo- Wario and Waluigi both are wastes of life and are morally reprehensible. :p As far as sports characters who need more time in real games go, we need more Daisy.

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
They considered Sheik for TP which is saying a lot. Sheik in Brawl is just because of HIM (Yes, I said it, accept the truth) being in Melee. Zelda not transforming in Sheik would be bad. Just like Scott said, Sheik is one of Zelda's "moves", in which she turns into a man.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Sheik in Brawl is just because of HIM .
:O LIES!

Anyway, I think it very unlikely for Sheik to appear in Zelda Wii. She was only important for OoT and that was it. The only she could appear is if you find some hidden Sheikah village or some character decides to steal the Sheik disguise.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Well even if Sheik will only be in OoT, I don't see that as a reason that she can't return for Smash Bros 4. Ice Climbers only have one game as well. (although it was re-released several times, it's still the same game)

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
When I think about it, Sheik will return only if the need arises within the plotline. At least, that's more than likely. The next Zelda requires a few things for Sheik to appear aside from plotline significance. Most notably :
-Sheikahs being mentionned / included in the game
- Zelda needing to hide her appearance (If Sheik WERE a seperate character, then this would have no reason, but then again, Sheik existing solo?)
- Ocarina of Time timeline - Space and time fatal error; aborting.
This one is kind of touchy but here it goes. Zelda exists in every Zelda game, as does Link. They are "never" the same Link/Zelda (There are exceptions, the most easy one to point out it Majora's Mask). The Link in Zelda Wii would have to be an "official" descendant of the OoT Link as well for the Zelda. I suppose that doesn't really follow video game logic considering the fact that anything can happen in theory. But honestly, why would another Zelda also turn into Sheik. If it's the same Link as the adult Link from OoT and say the same Ganon...Sheik isn't hiding much. This is confusion -_-. All in all, Zelda returning makes plenty of sense. That Zelda being able to turn into Sheik, that's stretching it.

LLDL

Smash Hero
The next one won't continue TP as everyone thinks. They're gonna continue majoras mask, and adult link will have matured naturally this time :) and they will change it from the TP art to the n64 hero of time art :)

Spire

III
BRoomer
The next one won't continue TP as everyone thinks. They're gonna continue majoras mask, and adult link will have matured naturally this time :) and they will change it from the TP art to the n64 hero of time art :)
Not necessarily. That's simply one theory towards what Zelda Wii might entail. For all we know, it could be an entirely new Link, or even the Link of the ALttP arc.

Plus, why would they change it from TP art to N64 art if they've already unveiled the art style as reflecting that of TP?

XACE-K

Smash Master

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hahaha, NoA. Next thing you know, they'll be hire somebody to an important position who had never played a game before Professor Layt- OH WAIT.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Which brings up an interesting point: Would Zelda still become Sheik then if she never had to learn about the secrets of the Sheikah from Impa? Doesn't look like it. So if the game follows Majora's Mask I highly doubt Sheik will be in it.

It looks as if the only way we'll see Sheik again is if Link somehow travels through time and parallel universes to see OoT Adult Zelda again. lol

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Look about a page back and you'll the post where I mentioned Miyamoto confirmed Zelda Wii is in a completely different era. There's an interview on IGN that explains everything. It's not a sequel to either one.

Chaco

Never Logs In
There is no Zelda timeline. When Nintendo was asked about it they said each game was to be enjoyed individually.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
There is no Zelda timeline. When Nintendo was asked about it they said each game was to be enjoyed individually.
Aonuma split timeline confirmation:

http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1173298152&archive=&start_from=&ucat=19

Miyamoto timeline confirmation:

http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/theman/interviews/230403.shtml

Superplay: How do the Zelda games timelines link together? Is there any connection between the different games, or do you take tell us a new Zelda story each time?

Shigeru Miyamoto: For every Zelda game we tell a new story, but we actually have an enormous document that explains how the game relates to the others, and bind them together. But to be honest, they are not that important to us. We care more about developing the game system... give the player new challenges for every chapter that is born.

NoA is stupid and needs to listen to the people who actually made the Zelda games.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
They're too busy selling out and renting designer suits to care about story. Isn't that obvious from E3?

Is it just me, or was the chick in the white suit just the most pompous ***** you've ever seen, rubbing it in everyone's face that Nintendo is making more money than MS and Sony by selling to their left overs and abandoning their core gamers. Reggie of course looked like an evil psychopath as always.

But it's okay guys, we have the same old **** to keep us happy. Mario, Metroid and Zelda. Yay for recycling.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
That woman just annoyed me somehow, just the look on her face. Abandoning core games completely... does that not insult Miyamoto? He created what Nintendo started with - Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, Mother, etc. According to her, none of that matters anymore because now we have Wii Sports and Wii Fit.

So now that we know there is an official timeline, anyone up for more timeline discussion?

Spire

III
BRoomer
So now that we know there is an official timeline, anyone up for more timeline discussion?
Well we've known there's an official timeline for - I don't know - ever?

I saw a bizarre timeline posted on Zelda Wiki's home page that goes along the lines of:

.........TWW / PH
......./
OOT
.......\
........MM - TP - TMC - FS/FSA - ALTTP - LOZ - AOL - OOX - LA

Here's a link to the original page: http://zelda-temple.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6520#post6520

Chaco

Never Logs In
NoA will say whatever, lol.

Speaking of this now, I'm gonna go pop in my Collector's Edition and kick some ***.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well we've known there's an official timeline for - I don't know - ever?

I saw a bizarre timeline posted on Zelda Wiki's home page that goes along the lines of:

.........TWW / PH
......./
OOT
.......\
........MM - TP - TMC - FS/FSA - ALTTP - LOZ - AOL - OOX - LA

Here's a link to the original page: http://zelda-temple.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6520#post6520
I can undertsand why he put the games where they are, but I just find this wrong.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It seems rather logical to place MC and FS/FSA next to each other in the timeline; however, it is highly debatable than MC should be placed in that particular spot and not before OoT.

1) MC's map is more similar to that of OoT.
2) The Master Sword was first discovered in MC, and in TP, the Master Sword had already been placed in the forest. Besides, that would mean there could have been no Master Sword in OoT if the Master Sword descended from the sky hundreds of years into the child or adult timeline.
3) The hood of the Hero's Clothes was first discovered in MC, and in ever other game, the Hero wore a hood.

I don't believe there is anything in here that provides evidence that TP is a prequel to MC:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45UmmCMASWs

Scott!

Smash Lord
MC's map is similar to OoT's? Well, not really. Almost none of the landmarks in MC are ever seen or heard of again. Mt. Crenel? Castor Swamp/Field/whatever it was? And what's Lake Hylia doing over in the east in the woods? Of course, I've created a theory about the geography of MC and how it fits into OoT's past. It was long and complicated, and very improbable, but fun to come up with. I'll have to go find it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
2) The Master Sword was first discovered in MC, and in TP, the Master Sword had already been placed in the forest. Besides, that would mean there could have been no Master Sword in OoT if the Master Sword descended from the sky hundreds of years into the child or adult timeline.
Are you really convinced that the Master Sword is the Picori Blade? While it resembles the Master Sword, it is destroyed in the game, and reforged as the Four Sword, which is distinctly different.

Master Sword ≠ Picori Blade or Four Sword.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Casting a Legend of Zelda movie

New subject: Legend of Zelda movie. Who might play who?

Ganondorf: Faran Tahir
- He has the natural olive skin and the Gerudo nose. While only 5'10", camera tricks can make him much taller; LotR did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom