• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
where is everyone preordering the bundle of SS from? I tried Amazon and at the moment it isn't letting me pre-order that. I really don't want to do Gamestop, and would rather not do it through a physical retailer at all but definitely not Gamestop.

SSBMLahti

Smash Lord
where is everyone preordering the bundle of SS from? I tried Amazon and at the moment it isn't letting me pre-order that. I really don't want to do Gamestop, and would rather not do it through a physical retailer at all but definitely not Gamestop.
I did it at EB Games (Gamestop lol).I went in the actual store .I don't see why you won't do it at a physical retailer or Gamestop lol.

etecoon

Smash Hero
gamestop is a cancer, that's why you wouldn't do it at gamestop

idk, I never bother pre-ordering anything. never had a problem getting games on release day

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I got my 2 SS bundles from Amazon, but at the moment they're only offering bundles at $180 and up. The regular game without the bundle is up at Amazon from what I can see though.

etecoon

Smash Hero
$180 wtf?

I might actually pre-order it if I can find a midnight release not too far away, otherwise pretty sure I can get it day 1 anyway

Spire

III
BRoomer
****. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering at Gamestop then :urg:

Edit: nevermind, realized Best Buy does pre-sales as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1211067p1.html

Zelda's producer just stated that all the Zelda games exist in a singular timeline. No split timeline anymore.

I think they have actually decided to make a story in the franchise, rather than random games and hope it finds a place somewhere.

But it also doesn't make sense

etecoon

Smash Hero
it also contradicts his own previous words

I'd be suspicious of the translation here, it definitely sounds like something that could come out wrong and be misinterpreted

maybe WW/PH/ST are being declared non-canon : )

half joking but it has been said that SS, OoT, and TP seem to be forming a trilogy of sorts while those games are just kind of a whole other thing. idk, I like to think of each game as an inexact story to begin with, just another interpretation on things

escro

Smash Ace
there was always one singular timeline. what many people dont understand is that the split does not make the timeline into two timelines.
think of it as a tree with branches. the branches are the split, but they are all part of the tree.
hope that explains it

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah that's spot on. Aonuma has not confirmed the split to be non-existent, rather every game in the series fits into one coherent timeline, versus having alternate timelines. Parallel timelines exist within the tree branching model, alternative timelines exist outside entirely. With that being said, the Four Swords arc is now officially canon and interludes somewhere in the timeline.

escro

Smash Ace
With that being said, the Four Swords arc is now officially canon and interludes somewhere in the timeline.
:O by four swords arc do you mean MC/FS/FSA or just FS/FSA?
sorry im not familiar with the various arcs apart from the obvious Oot/MM and stuff. i really liked MC so im pretty stoked to hear this.
btw since when was those games said to be canon? could you provide a reference?
it's not that i dont believe what you say to be true, its just i'd like to go check it out and get the whole story for myself.
awesomeness. :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, as we were literally just talking about, Aonuma said, "All of the games are within one timeline for the entire series, but that timeline is a secret that I cannot reveal."

This is merely how I interpret that statement, but I think it suggests the timeline to be omniclusive of the series, so the parallel lines splitting from OoT that lead into TP and WW exist, but no entirely alternative lines do. By that I mean: to those who think any of the official 16 Legends of Zelda exist outside of the timeline, you are wrong. That includes LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, OoT, MM, OoS, OoA, FS, TWW, FSA, TMC, TP, PH, ST, SS.

I hope from here on out, they diversify the series tenfold. Take it to new heights, out of traditional context while retaining the essence of Zelda in characterization and control.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
A question out of topic...
Does anyone knows how to use a wii with an HDMI cable in a LED monitor that does not support RCA, only VGA & HDMI??

Spire

III
BRoomer
Rather than going with a gold 3DS, they go gold on black. Classy!

Now can you link to a source to confirm the authenticity please?

etecoon

Smash Hero
hoping they come to boston, I'd maybe even consider new york but I'd definitely try to get to it if they do boston

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
After discussion in the sennate about the purpose, use (and abuse) of social threads and the negative effect of creating one big thread vs activity in multiple threads, we have decide to close this social thread indefinetly. We ask that if you wish to comment on this, please do so in Forum Support, and not by making a thread about it in this room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom