• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The wii one has it's perks, it has +1 item slot for use. But other than that, the only main difference other than the controls, is that the entire map is swapped. (because link is originally left handed, but most people are right handed so they just flipped everything.)

Not really sure why people care for the difference.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I thought TP's Wii controls were pretty bad. It was when I first realized that the Wii was not going to be what I had imagined when they first announced it. It seems like SS is doing a much better job, considering the controls aren't just shoehorned onto a cash-grab port like TP.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The wii one has it's perks, it has +1 item slot for use. But other than that, the only main difference other than the controls, is that the entire map is swapped. (because link is originally left handed, but most people are right handed so they just flipped everything.)

Not really sure why people care for the difference.
They shouldn't. They hold the nuchuck with their left hand and they hold the wii remote on the right. If link was using the sword on the left hand, It wouldn't so comfortable in my opinion...

I thought TP's Wii controls were pretty bad. It was when I first realized that the Wii was not going to be what I had imagined when they first announced it. It seems like SS is doing a much better job, considering the controls aren't just shoehorned onto a cash-grab port like TP.
It's the same console with a different name. Do you actually think it was going to be called revolution in the first place?

On the other hand, The reason Skyward Sword is doing much better is because of not only it's controls. Think of the concept, details, the story. They're enriched with twists and turns that would make zelda fans quite amuzed.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Don't be stupid (lol), the Wii is not the Gamecube with a different name and I'm not even talking about names in the first place. I'm saying that playing Twilight Princess was when I first realized that Wii's advertising campaign promised a decidedly more natural and immersive way of playing games and that's not what we got.

The concept of motion control as it was initially advertised was not what the actual console experience was like save for a handful of games. The MotionPlus add on for the the wiimote perfectly exemplifies my point. That kind of sensitivity and accuracy is literally what Nintendo was promising us to begin with. There should not need to be a controller add-on. And more than that, games that actually utilize the Motionplus can't be more than 5% of the Wii's game library. I wasn't expecting Wii TP's controls to be perfect considering the nature of its existence, but I also wasn't expecting it to take me 15 minutes to catch a fish in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Don't be stupid (lol), the Wii is not the Gamecube with a different name and I'm not even talking about names in the first place. I'm saying that playing Twilight Princess was when I first realized that Wii's advertising campaign promised a decidedly more natural and immersive way of playing games and that's not what we got.
Wasn't exactly saying that you're saying you were talking about names but, I can understand that this wasn't expected for everybody about nintendo's promise. But they need to know that video game companies don't exactly keep most of their promises.

The concept of motion control as it was initially advertised was not what the actual console experience was like save for a handful of games. The MotionPlus add on for the the wiimote perfectly exemplifies my point. That kind of sensitivity and accuracy is literally what Nintendo was promising us to begin with. There should not need to be a controller add-on.
Excellent Point. It is concerning that they didn't gave the motion as granted. The wii remote was just a pointer w/ shake ability (with a strap that could break easily) when it was released.
They made motion plus and there was less concerns from people around the globe.
Now that nintendo made Wii Remote Plus, We all get happy. Now the people need to find a bigger room to play Hide the Wiimote n' seek.

I wasn't expecting Wii TP's controls to be perfect considering the nature of its existence.
It isn't quite hard at all. You just shake and point and/or Z target to attack.

What's really kind of difficult for me is playing Red Steel.

But I also wasn't expecting it to take me 15 minutes to catch a fish in the first 5 minutes of the game.
What? It took me 2 minutes to catch an Ordon Fish when I started.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It took me 2 hours. I actually caught more than one fish during that time but couldn't figure out what to do with it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I remember it, mostly because it has a lot of my favorite items from the zelda series in it.

Jonas

Smash Champion
They just replaced a press of the B button with a flick of the wrist. It wasn't exactly bad, but pretty unnecessary and didn't really feel intuitive. I kinda wish I had bought the GC version instead.
but I also wasn't expecting it to take me 15 minutes to catch a fish in the first 5 minutes of the game.
Lol that puzzle shouldn't have been in there. TP's start is generally pretty bad (catch a fish for the cat, have some kids spend 10 minutes explaining you the most basic functions in the game, herd goats twice, chase a monkey through the woods, locate a stolen crate, spend an hour or so mucking about as a wolf etc.).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
What's everyone's fascination with Ocarina of Time? I don't get why everyone loves it so much...

Spire

III
BRoomer
I loved how they added the strenuous fishing tutorial in the beginning of the game, seeing as how that feature is just oh-so-important. Guessing it was meant to excite people over the motion controls? Within the storyline, we fished once.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I played OoT when I was...12 or 13 I think? and I don't really get it either. it's a great game, but it's not a GOAT candidate for me and even within the zelda series I have to say I like MM, LTTP, and LA more

then again I played LTTP when I was like 6 so I suppose the nostalgia bias argument goes for me there, but no nostalgia advantage on MM or LA I played both after OoT

Jonas

Smash Champion
Yup, many people were children when they first played OoT, and to many of them, it was the first or one of the first games they ever played. It's a magical feeling when you're just a child, and it creates a strong emotional bond with the game.
To be fair, it wouldn't have been so if it weren't a very good game, which I absolutely agree it is.

I loved how they added the strenuous fishing tutorial in the beginning of the game, seeing as how that feature is just oh-so-important. Guessing it was meant to excite people over the motion controls? Within the storyline, we fished once.
Fishing is the only part in the game where Link's movements actually corresponds with the player's movements, so it's probably true that is was a "look what we can do" moment.
It's just bad game design though. Why don't they just give Link a sword right away and let him kick some ***?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
What's everyone's fascination with Ocarina of Time? I don't get why everyone loves it so much...
Nostalgia mostly. It was one of the first N64 games I ever got as a kid, and I played through it several times. It's definitely a solid game, and still remains enjoyable to play through even... 13 years? later.

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
As a child Ocarina of Time was my favorite game, because 3D games tended to have that kind of effect on children. Looking back, I would say that LttP and Majora's Mask were really the best in the series.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Playing through Majora's Mask since I haven't played through it in Ages.

It's good, but I still like Ocarina of Time more...Some of the inbetween stuff is just zero fun. And then some of the side stuff IS ENOUGH LESS FUN (but since it is optional, I can't really complain) Mask of Scents is the worst thing to get ever.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Always wondered what happened to the Fairy Ocarina once Link got the Ocarina of Time.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I had a conversation with some people not too long ago... about who the main villain is in Twilight Princess.

Some people say Ganondorf because he's the final boss. But IMO, there is a difference between the main villain and the final boss.

Sure, Ganondorf turned out to be behind EVERYTHING magically right after you finish up with Zant, and that's fine and all. But the thing is, Zant recieved all buildup and it was never, not even remotely subtly hinted that someone MAY or MAY NOT be giving Zant orders. If that had been the case, I would certainly say it's Ganondorf.

But Zant gets all of the buildup from beginning to nearly the end as the game's major villain, no hinting, no subtlety, no anything.

What do you guys think? Just wonderin'.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I definitely think it's Ganon. He was behind everything, therefore he's the main villain. If Ganon made a robot that did all his work for him, does that mean the robot is the main villain? Naw, the robot is just his puppet, just as Zant was.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I would be happy if we saw a return of Vaati, but I know that he was a fluke villain *as in got to have a role in more than one game) and is much like the one game villains you'd see throughout the series.

As for Ganondorf being a final boss, I sure as hell hope not. They kinds of just threw him in TP with little development and warning when he'd take the reigns from Zant, and for not long at that. The final battle was lackluster in that is was easy, though it had variety, so it did keep interest somewhat. But the character was just about nonexistent. And I hated that. I wanted several encounters. Give us a reason to hate him.

If they threw him on at the end, I'd be so disappointed. That's be like fighting that final battle in FF9 - Who is this, and why is he here?

But if they were to show Ganondorf in some way, even in the end in the vein Giacomo was done in Baten Kaitos: Origins, I'd be cool with that, kind of. It would set up for the next installment, whatever it may be (already released, or an entirely new one).

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I would be happy if we saw a return of Vaati, but I know that he was a fluke villain *as in got to have a role in more than one game) and is much like the one game villains you'd see throughout the series.

As for Ganondorf being a final boss, I sure as hell hope not. They kinds of just threw him in TP with little development and warning when he'd take the reigns from Zant, and for not long at that. The final battle was lackluster in that is was easy, though it had variety, so it did keep interest somewhat. But the character was just about nonexistent. And I hated that. I wanted several encounters. Give us a reason to hate him.

If they threw him on at the end, I'd be so disappointed. That's be like fighting that final battle in FF9 - Who is this, and why is he here?

But if they were to show Ganondorf in some way, even in the end in the vein Giacomo was done in Baten Kaitos: Origins, I'd be cool with that, kind of. It would set up for the next installment, whatever it may be (already released, or an entirely new one).
Well you should be happy to hear that the devs confirmed that Ganon will not be present in Skyward Sword.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a conversation with some people not too long ago... about who the main villain is in Twilight Princess.

Some people say Ganondorf because he's the final boss. But IMO, there is a difference between the main villain and the final boss.

Sure, Ganondorf turned out to be behind EVERYTHING magically right after you finish up with Zant, and that's fine and all. But the thing is, Zant recieved all buildup and it was never, not even remotely subtly hinted that someone MAY or MAY NOT be giving Zant orders. If that had been the case, I would certainly say it's Ganondorf.

But Zant gets all of the buildup from beginning to nearly the end as the game's major villain, no hinting, no subtlety, no anything.

What do you guys think? Just wonderin'.
I disagree, I thought it was apparent less than halfway through the game.

We saw/ heard of zant just a couple times before that anyway.

It's like saying Aghnim (However you spell it) is the main villain of ALTTP

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I disagree, I thought it was apparent less than halfway through the game.

We saw/ heard of zant just a couple times before that anyway.

It's like saying Aghnim (However you spell it) is the main villain of ALTTP
That's not a fair comparison to me. Aghanim is completely out of the picture 1/4 of a way into LttP. Zant is like one of the last bosses.

mystery_dungeon

Smash Journeyman
Sidemoon Sidemoon. Welc welc ome welc omeome.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom