• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can see why people would like the map. I mean, the map is cool. But I just saw it as a sort of artistic deal. =P

And a Majora's Mask remake? <3 Oh god yes. xD And I think Majora's Mask would feel a lot different redone on a handheld, actually. Maybe.

It'd be a little different though... They'd do bug fixes, maybe add the hint system and boss rush, but there'd be no Master Quest. However, I loved those two games very much and would totally buy and play Majora's Mask.

I actually never made it out of Great Bay temple to be honest. xD

1. OoT (glitches applied)
2. MM (glitches applied)
3. T. Princess
4. OoT (regular)
5. Oracle of Ages
6. Oracle of Seasons
7. MM
8. WW
9. Link's Awakening
10. A link to the past.

Everything else feces tier. I did not like the rest of the series. The four swords stuff was alright, but apart from that I could never pick-up the others for more than a few hours at best. I suppose the beginning was always slow.

Is there really much desire for a remake anyway on MM? I honestly prefer the way link looked in the older version compared to his remake models in the 3DS version. He looks too childish as his adult form now. So if they did the same to his debut in MM remake, I'd rather take the original. I suppose the great fairy is worth a bit of a remake though lol That is one face that has to go.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think the great fairy being a little creepy works in the context of MM, but it definitely had to go in OoT...

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Doesn't anyone remember the commercials for MM back when it was coming out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

I think they are brilliant
Damn, it's been forever since I've seen a great video game commercial. Good stuff.

Also, assuming they did make a MM remake, I don't see why not they could construct a MQ for it. Given how MM focuses more on SQs anyways, they can even toss in a few more masks to obtain in someway.

Oh and I would personally love a time song that you can alter the clock to your liking. It can get rather painful at times when you have to wait 10 hours (MM time wise) starting from 6 am and you got nothing to do (omg that wedding quest)

Also, why do I think the "I Lied" face meme was inspired from the moon in MM?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I would HOPE that they construct a MQ. But what I'd really like is if they implimented some kind of unlockable untimed mode, or the ability to play a cleared file with the ability to set and stop time.

I dunno. SOMETHING like that to add that gives you something for beating it like OoT did. But with a MM remake, I'd say time limit removal is more likely than a MQ...

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't think a game about the apocalypse should be that hard to market, but as for blood/gore/sex/drugs, I think that grates too much with nintendo's current image.
Man etecoon, you're really cool and I'm glad to have had you around for such a long time, but holy mackerel you've been slow lately.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just being able to close the 3DS saves you time, but that's all we should get. They cannot remove the element of time from Majora's Mask. It is essential.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, the wedding quest still burns in my mind, and the fact you have to do it twice (to get postman's mask along jar) makes it even more unnecessary to wait around and do nothing. I guess it did hurt that I had done everything else and that was the last quest I took a crack at.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, the wedding quest still burns in my mind, and the fact you have to do it twice (to get postman's mask along jar) makes it even more unnecessary to wait around and do nothing. I guess it did hurt that I had done everything else and that was the last quest I took a crack at.
It's usually the last quest I do as well. It takes a lot of time and effort. I can't remember all you have to do though, it might not be possible to do the quest until later in the game

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wait, what wedding quest? Please elaborate? :3
The quest to reunite Kafei and Anju.

Kafei has been cursed to look like a child and hides from Anju and you have to do a long quest that takes 3 days to reunite them.

They do the marriage ceremony with only you as witness and exchange masks, which transforms into the couple's mask...which doesn't do anything

They decide to spend the last few moments together since the moon is going to hit unless you immediately play the song of time or face skull kid after that

Edit: Ninja'd

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's usually the last quest I do as well. It takes a lot of time and effort. I can't remember all you have to do though, it might not be possible to do the quest until later in the game
Lol...more like time and just sitting around and reading a book/watching tv until you get to the appropriate time.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The quest to reunite Kafei and Anju.

Kafei has been cursed to look like a child and hides from Anju and you have to do a long quest that takes 3 days to reunite them.

They do the marriage ceremony with only you as witness and exchange masks, which transforms into the couple's mask...which doesn't do anything

They decide to spend the last few moments together since the moon is going to hit unless you immediately play the song of time or face skull kid after that

Edit: Ninja'd
the couple's mask is used to get a heartpiece from the Mayor's office on the first day.

the Kafei/Anju quest is honestly what made me fall head over heels in love with Majora's Mask. I want another clock-based game just so there can be more stuff like that in another game.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hum... Hey guys, I figured I'd ask. I might be trying to get something set up where I do a live stream of Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask some time this week, but I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in actually seeing that and maybe getting some friends to pop in?

It's partially a publicity thing for my youtube channel, but it's also because I wanted to try streaming. xP You know.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Never been a fan of streaming...especially if there is commentary which I could care less about.

I prefer the LP videos on youtube...can skip around, especially if a person is stuck at some place.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Never been a fan of streaming...especially if there is commentary which I could care less about.

I prefer the LP videos on youtube...can skip around, especially if a person is stuck at some place.
I just wanted to try it for kicks. I personally prefer the interactiveness of being able to provide and recieve feedback while doing it.

I'm trying to figure this out, because for some reason I cannot hear my own stream. <_<

EDIT: I got it to work, but in all seriousness I think it's just something fun I could try out a little.

etecoon

Smash Hero
random thought I had

a lot of people have commented that SS seems to be borrowing the best elements from every game in the series...

anyone think we'll get a new game+ where we can play the whole game in link's pajamas? <_<

Alright, I only played A Link to the Past twice in my past and disliked the game. After playing it again, I love it and loath the game to death.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
So grandparents came here today from Canada, and although I always remembered it, I can't believe how right I was with my memory.

My grandmother is the spitting image of Koume/Kotake, although obv she doesn't have green skin.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well I don't exactly just have pictures of grandma sitting on my laptop.

We'll probably end up taking a picture or something though. :/

Just so you know, her eyes aren't exactly those giant orbs, but basically downsize the eyes and she matches, basically if Koume/Kotake, were real, you'd imagine them looking like her.

Just so you know, her eyes aren't exactly those giant orbs, but basically downsize the eyes and she matches, basically if Koume/Kotake, were real, you'd imagine them looking like her.
Okay, so imagine the following image without green skin, and smaller eyes.

It is a nickname! :mad088:

:troll:

Hopefully a new zelda game will be made for the 3ds that isn't a remake nor another wind waker continuum.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah I meant the individual magic hags.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm the type to play my games on the go.

I game more on my handhelds than I do on my consoles. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom