• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
... You want another dungeon?.... You want more story? You're upset with the COLOR-swap? They weren't trying to make a new game, here. They were REMASTERING an old classic!

Honestly, this is more annoying to me than people who won't play Skyward Sword because it's "ugly".
I dunno if this is all pointed at me, but I never said anything about a color swap. I will say that the graphics could be better given how many areas are rather low in resolution. I'm pretty confident this game wasn't "Pushing the 3DS" in terms of its limitations.

And even if it was remastering, that doesn't mean it should be labeled with a full price tag and thrown out. I was disappointed with RE: Mercs for the 3DS for the same reason. It was essentially a mini game with very little extras thrown in for full price. I'd rather play Mercs on RE5.

Personally, a good "remastering" was Resident Evil for the Gamecube. Additional dialogue, updated graphics, deeper story, more places to explore, a new efficient way to run, redone voice work, and some other minor gameplay elements. On top of that, there were plenty of unlockables and different endings. I'm not a fan of Capcom a lot of times with the dumb stuff they can to rip people off (lol at their DLCs), but they at least did the "remastering" right.

etecoon

Smash Hero
... You want another dungeon?.... You want more story? You're upset with the COLOR-swap? They weren't trying to make a new game, here. They were REMASTERING an old classic!
they never compromise the artistic integrity of an old classic when they remaster it many years later

nope

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I'm personally excited about

OoT
Starfox
Resident Evil Revelations
Paper Mario
Mario 3DS
Kid Icarus
Megaman Legends 3
MGS3 D
Street Fighter 4
Paper Mario 3D
Cave Story 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Contra
Mario Kart 3DS

Ok, OoT and Street Fighter are already out but still

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I don't think MML3 is THAT much in the air. It's a wonder about when it will be coming out, but the site still has almost daily dev updates. If it never comes out I will be quite surprised.

and probably will kill myself

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.

OoT
Starfox
Paper Mario
Mario 3DS

Kid Icarus
Megaman Legends 3
MGS3 D
Street Fighter 4
Paper Mario 3D
Cave Story 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Contra
Mario Kart 3DS

Personally excited for these. I don't normally buy games on release date, but OoT and Starfox are definitely an exception. It's gonna be good.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Starfox
Mario 3DS
Kid Icarus
Paper Mario 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
These. =P

<.< I'm surprised at the number of people who couldn't be satisfied with a remake of such an amazing game. No, they want an entirely new game with OoT's coincidental content.

And I'm also surprised at how many people don't like Skyward Sword because it's either ugly or because of Spirit Tracks. r_r

ANYWAY. I think BlazBlue was a good investment for the 3DS. I enjoyed it a lot more than SF4, anyway. Hell, I enjoyed DoLD more than SF4.

etecoon

Smash Hero
SS looks gorgeous, I'd already give it the title of best art direction in the series and it's not even out yet, MM is the only one I'd give similar praise to. only question for me is the motion controls, will they actually work, or will they ruin what otherwise would have been a great game as touch controls did to ST and as has happened to countless wii games?

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>

OoT
Starfox
Paper Mario
Mario 3DS
Kid Icarus
Megaman Legends 3
MGS3 D
Street Fighter 4
Paper Mario 3D
Cave Story 3D
Luigi's Mansion 2
Contra
Mario Kart 3DS

Most of these games are awesome and is making me consider on getting a 3ds and I didn't plan on getting one before.

Not sure what's going on with MML 3, but I'd totally get that game if I can when it comes out. If I have the system for it that is. <____<

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Assuming I do get a 3DS this upcoming weekend (Fo free), I'm not sure if I should hold onto it, or sell it and buy a Vita or a revised model of the 3DS later down the line.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Keep it.

There will be goods for it later in its life cycle. I always keep the consoles I purchase. Because they will be used at some point.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I mean...if I sold it now for 200, and they re-released a better model of the 3DS a year or two from now...wouldn't that be better to get if it's priced the same as the current 3DS? I'm really in no rush to get any games for the Vita or 3DS

etecoon

Smash Hero
knowing nintendo you can expect another 2-4 versions of the 3DS before they're done so sell it and wait IMO, or get a vita

Spire

III
BRoomer
When honkin' on OoT 3D for not including any new content, just remember that GREZZO developed it.

Also: :c

majora_787

Smash Hero
When honkin' on OoT 3D for not including any new content, just remember that GREZZO developed it.

Also: :c
But it did have new content. =P And I don't know about half of you guys anymore, but I liked OoT enough to enjoy a remake with basically...

- Updated graphics...
- Boss battles and boss rush...
- Hint system
- Master Quest

...being added. And don't say Master Quest isn't a new feature, not everyone played the older Master Quest releases. =P

etecoon

Smash Hero
people probably wanted more because OoT3D is the 3DS' killer app, it's a little silly to buy a new system just for a remake but people don't recognize that until after they've already done it -_-

theeboredone

Smash Legend
But it did have new content. =P And I don't know about half of you guys anymore, but I liked OoT enough to enjoy a remake with basically...

- Updated graphics...
- Boss battles and boss rush...
- Hint system
- Master Quest

...being added. And don't say Master Quest isn't a new feature, not everyone played the older Master Quest releases. =P
But MQ isn't a new feature...just because you haven't played it doesn't automatically make it new...

I just don't like how they charged full price for it -shrugs-. I mean, I already knew what was gonna be in the package when the game came out, and figured it wasn't worth it.

Gatlin

I don't understand all this disappointment about the price for OoT. I was actually very satisfied with it's 40 dollar price tag and didn't think twice about buying it. I don't regret doing so in the slightest, and think it was fully worth it, seeing as I am pretty much getting two games (Regular and MQ) combined into one. Even though I have played through OoT countless times, it has still managed to entertain me through the entire thing. Even if the graphics were the exact same as they were on the N64, I still would definitely buy the game simply for the portability of it, which is a major selling-point, imo.

Besides, it's gonna be a while until the game drops in price, and I didn't feel like waiting.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think I'm the only one expressing any dislike towards it LOL.

Well, I've already played MQ, so to me...it's a moot point. For 40 bucks, all I'll get is updated graphics and a boss rush mode. Portability factor isn't really a strong argument in my eyes, because I'm not one who travels a lot to use my 3DS for hours. A majority of my play would come from being at home and I would not be surprised if a survey showed that a majority of time spent playing a portable console is at home. All of my friends I know spend most of their time playing at home, and if they are playing on the go...it's very little in terms of gameplay time compared to being at home. At the same time in regards to portability, I've seen these same people (not blaming anyone here) turn around and make fun of the Vita for having an Uncharted game that's similar to the PS3 model, but "portable". So I don't know where they get off saying "It's awesome that the best game evar is portable now."

And in regards to price...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1311120295&sr=8-1&condition=used

majora_787

Smash Hero
But MQ isn't a new feature...just because you haven't played it doesn't automatically make it new...

I just don't like how they charged full price for it -shrugs-. I mean, I already knew what was gonna be in the package when the game came out, and figured it wasn't worth it.
You don't like that they charged full price for a full game with added features? <_< I may never understand you.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Updated graphics and boss rush does not constitute as a full priced game in my eyes. Especially for a game that's been re-released two times. That's all I'm saying. For those of you who never played MQ, good for you, but I don't really consider that a "feature" given it's been around for a while.

Like I said, 30 bucks woulda been fine. I like how by simply tossing one genuine new thing into the game, people deem it worthy to be full price.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Updated graphics and boss rush does not constitute as a full priced game in my eyes. Especially for a game that's been re-released two times. That's all I'm saying. For those of you who never played MQ, good for you, but I don't really consider that a "feature" given it's been around for a while.

Like I said, 30 bucks woulda been fine. I like how by simply tossing one genuine new thing into the game, people deem it worthy to be full price.
How about the game that the boss rush and graphics were added to? You know... Ocarina of Time. The actual game. =P I think the FULL GAME constitutes the full price.

Gatlin

Well actually, I was going to buy OoT no matter the price before I even knew MQ or a boss mode would be included in it as well, I guess I'm just stupid.

Imo, OoT is a game that can be played over and over again without getting boring, and MQ adds "flavor" in case it should ever get boring. Just because you have played through MQ before shouldn't mean it should just be shrugged off and not included in the bundle. I think it was very generous of Nintendo to even include it in the first place. I don't really understand why you say the portability isn't a strong selling factor, it allows for convenience to play at practically any location without the hassle of having to find a TV, or moving a console; and it allows the possibility of playing in a scenario in which there is no TV/console available such as a car, plane, etc. Even if you don't do a lot of traveling, it still grants the privilege to play in case you ever should travel somewhere.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
How about the game that the boss rush and graphics were added to? You know... Ocarina of Time. The actual game. =P I think the FULL GAME constitutes the full price.
We are talking about that "Full Game" that was made 13 years ago? Released two times before the 3DS one? And when it came out on the 3DS, the only "new" additions were graphics and boss rush mode? That game? Yeah, full game and all, it should still be priced at 30. Take those nostalgia glasses off.

Well actually, I was going to buy OoT no matter the price before I even knew MQ or a boss mode would be included in it as well, I guess I'm just stupid.
Assuming I do buy a 3DS in the future, that is one of the games I plan to buy. However, I won't be handing over 40 dollars. I'd rather craig's list or amazon it for 20.

Imo, OoT is a game that can be played over and over again without getting boring, and MQ adds "flavor" in case it should ever get boring.
Well, as you said...that's your "opinion." I've played both versions a handful of times as well, and even if I enjoy the next go around, that doesn't mean I should put on those homer glasses and label the 3DS version a great game due it being remastered, remake, port, whatever you wanna call it.

Just because you have played through MQ before shouldn't mean it should just be shrugged off and not included in the bundle.
Actually, I think it would be really insulting and show exactly how lazy Nintendo was if they didn't include MQ. It already exists...and it's not like it would take that much more effort to toss it in. Good for them in including it, but what I'm saying is it's not a NEW feature. If it was new, then that would have been even more awesome and I would have given Nintendo a thumbs up on the bonus content...but that isn't to be.

I don't really understand why you say the portability isn't a strong selling factor, it allows for convenience to play at practically any location without the hassle of having to find a TV, or moving a console; and it allows the possibility of playing in a scenario in which there is no TV/console available such as a car, plane, etc. Even if you don't do a lot of traveling, it still grants the privilege to play in case you ever should travel somewhere.
Like any other guy, I enjoy lying on my bed and playing a portable console compared to being stuck on a comfortable couch and watching a bigger screen...oh wait.

You're right, it is nice for travel. I mean, my college is about a 4 hour bus trip...and I visit home every month...so something like that does come in handy. At the end of the day though...to me personally, I log more hours at home compared to any place. That's why portability isn't a big factor to me. That's just my opinion on it.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Yeah actually no it isn't because not everyone has a nice comfy couch and tv just for games <.<;
< Like me.

In fact I'm in an 80* garage right now typing this. Because that's the only place my crap all fits and allows me to actually play something without someone going I WANNA WATCH TEH TEEVEE NOWZ.

>.>;

Fact of it all is, if you don't want to buy it..you don't have to. Such is the "great" country we live in. In mother country game buys you.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Yeah actually no it isn't because not everyone has a nice comfy couch and tv just for games <.<;
< Like me.

In fact I'm in an 80* garage right now typing this. Because that's the only place my crap all fits and allows me to actually play something without someone going I WANNA WATCH TEH TEEVEE NOWZ.

>.>;

Fact of it all is, if you don't want to buy it..you don't have to. Such is the "great" country we live in. In mother country game buys you.
Yeah I know, everyone has their preferences. I'm sure you having a 3ds in the house would be much better compared to me. However, can you really tell yourself at the same time that every person is in your situation as well =/?

In any case, I agree...to each his own. I just believe it's not a smart buy for the cost.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
My point was that the game is for a specific demographic. Sorta of like ML3 was..[rip :(]
As you have the game already on multiple platforms and don't need or care for having the luxury of playing it wherever, whenever, it's just not for you that's all ^^;

I myself only have the 64 version of the game which isn't even at this house...so to me $40 is perfectly fine. It's the reason I bought the original DS actually. I figured if they can put MArio 64 on it why not Zelda? But the never did till the 3ds.

majora_787

Smash Hero
@theeboredone

Silly me. For some bizarre reason I thought the point of buying a remake was for the nostalgia, and sometimes for the ability to play the game. Or, hell, in this case, the ability rto play a portable refreshed classic. Boy was my thought process off. /sarcasm

Not every last person on earth has a perfectly functioning N64 with a perfectly functional original release of Ocarina of Time.

The conversation doesn't really need to continue. It won't go anywhere. MOVING ON.

I still wish they would do this for Majora's Mask... I think it deserves it. The game never seemed to get its due credit until it got old. xD

theeboredone

Smash Legend
@theeboredone

Silly me. For some bizarre reason I thought the point of buying a remake was for the nostalgia, and sometimes for the ability to play the game. Or, hell, in this case, the ability rto play a portable refreshed classic. Boy was my thought process off. /sarcasm
All I'm saying is...for what's in the package...and because this is the third release of OoT since the N64, it should not be charged at a full 40 dollars. Especially given the only true new feature is boss rush.

Not every last person on earth has a perfectly functioning N64 with a perfectly functional original release of Ocarina of Time.
Heard of the Virtual Console on the Wii? Cool story bro.

The conversation doesn't really need to continue. It won't go anywhere. MOVING ON.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom