• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I just realized a big reason why I don't like TP that much.

When it was first announced, I was looking forward to seeing the whole world bathed in twilight, especially in the huge Hyrule field, but what are you dolng most of the time in all that scenery? Looking for a scent. :/
Yeah, in the twilight the first time through I didn't even really turn off the scent mode, and each time I went through that same area as a person I'd have no clue where I was because I didn't actually SEE the landscape the first time. The second time I played through the game I simply turned on the scent mode to get a direction, turned it off and ran in that direction for a while, and repeated that process. It made it a lot more enjoyable.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I agree. I liked the Twilight portions the least. Until I got to the actual temple, I liked that temple. I preferred normal Hyrule over Twilight Hyrule so much.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
It's not so much that Twilight Hyrule was so awesome, but when Link was smelling around you really couldn't see much and it just felt so...claustrophobic. You couldn't see more than 2 feet in front of you.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Freaking Jimmy Fallon.

Though that's super cool of a talk show host. Seeing as how he's a huge Zelda fan, I'm not surprised in the least. +rep Jimmy

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Um....................

I'd still buy 2 copies of it.

Also, from now on, I"m buying two copies of everything; one to keep sealed, one to play.

etecoon

Smash Hero
something random I noticed

isn't the bottom of the well supposed to be an ancient torture chamber? as in not used in years?

this is fresh blood o_O

kakariko isn't as innocent as it looks...

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Just to clarify..which version of the game is that from? And um it's full of the animated dead..it may or may not be fresh blood. But you know Ganon could have secretly used the old chambers for interrigations also

etecoon

Smash Hero
in all versions? I think it's pretty lame but this would especially be maddening if it were just NoA being ridiculous again

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes they did, as well as the bruises and what have you on Dead Hand and Like-Likes.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It gets a lot of hate for having movement being controlled by the touchscreen, but if it's anything like Spirit Tracks, it's a good game.

Spire

III
BRoomer
so is Phantom Hourglass any good? was thinking about getting it..
You have a lot more freedom in Phantom Hourglass than in Spirit Tracks, but I had much more fun with the latter. PH features a temple called "Temple of the Ocean King" which you must revisit and reconquer time and time and again throughout the game. On top of that, you are timed. It is very, very tedious.

etecoon

Smash Hero
PH is the worst canonical zelda game, and the next worst games aren't even close to as bad IMO

Spire

III
BRoomer
I thought Spirit Tracks was inventively charming and mystical, more so than Wind Waker in some ways (though WW trumps every other toon game in the long haul). PH was just bothersome. The atmosphere of the entire world was horrendous and half-baked. The quadrant oceans did not feel like they belonged in the same world. I love the unity and uniqueness of Hyrule in Spirit Tracks. I actually enjoy playing that game and plan on doing so again soon. Phantom Hourglass, not so much. Not at all actually.

What is it you can't stand about Spirit Tracks LT?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I agree with spire's thoughts on spirit tracks except the touch controls make the game near unplayable to me. but at least I can say that it would be really good without that where it's just the tip of the iceberg for PH's problems

etecoon

Smash Hero
relevant to the remake topic where we were discussing MM's art direction

photoshop of MM with OoT3D textures compared to the original

if they do remake the game I really hope they stick with the original color palette and don't go crazy with it like they did with OoT

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, considering the popularity of MM in comparison to OoT, I would hope they put some more effort into the remastered port of MM.

They've already got most of the work done - character models all redone, and some enemy models. Swap put textures add some extra content, or even improve to polygon count of the whole game instead of the models. All that would be pretty sweet.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Just reached the Fire Temple on 3DS tonight, and it is stunning. The lighting and lava is different and it looks fantastic.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, considering the popularity of MM in comparison to OoT, I would hope they put some more effort into the remastered port of MM.

They've already got most of the work done - character models all redone, and some enemy models. Swap put textures add some extra content, or even improve to polygon count of the whole game instead of the models. All that would be pretty sweet.
Not gonna lie, while I love OoT, I was disappointed with this port/remake for the 3DS. I guess while having the game itself with "updated" graphics, I wanted something more. Like an extra dungeon or maybe some more depth to the story in some way or form. If they do go the route of redoing MM, I hope they make a few more additions than "updated" graphics.

Boy I would kill for a better mask switching system. Don't know how many times I had to pause to change up my equipment.

... You want another dungeon?.... You want more story? You're upset with the COLOR-swap? They weren't trying to make a new game, here. They were REMASTERING an old classic!

Honestly, this is more annoying to me than people who won't play Skyward Sword because it's "ugly".

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
... You want another dungeon?....
Yes.

You want more story?
Not really.

You're upset with the COLOR-swap?
Some people. It does effect the atmosphere the original game had due to hardware limitations.

They weren't trying to make a new game, here. They were REMASTERING an old classic!
Clearly. And they were banking on the fandom to sell this game. But for them to be so lazy doesn't make it acceptable. Still, I bought the game and still enjoyed it.

Honestly, this is more annoying to me than people who won't play Skyward Sword because it's "ugly".
Oh. Okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom