• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
A completely open and seamless world would be incredible. No zoning, no loading; completely open and connected. Imagine using an item like the Deku Leaf to soar from the top of Death Mountain halfway across the entirety of Hyrule, picking up on jets of wind, etc.

Well, there went post 4000!
I would really like to see something like this, or at least something to the extent of Rogue Galaxy. Sometimes my system would crash during load times and this would help a lot. Of course, you would have to take care to make sure you don't end up in a place you don't wanna be lol.

Say, this also gives me the idea of something else that would be cool: a sail-able ocean right off the coast of Hyrule. Something like WW, but maybe not as big. Wouldn't it be awesome to raid a pirate fortress as a side quest in a land-based Zelda game? I'm sorry, but that just sounds cool.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would really like to see something like this, or at least something to the extent of Rogue Galaxy. Sometimes my system would crash during load times and this would help a lot. Of course, you would have to take care to make sure you don't end up in a place you don't wanna be lol.

Say, this also gives me the idea of something else that would be cool: a sail-able ocean right off the coast of Hyrule. Something like WW, but maybe not as big. Wouldn't it be awesome to raid a pirate fortress as a side quest in a land-based Zelda game? I'm sorry, but that just sounds cool.
There's no denying how awesome that would be. Hyrule has to have a nearby ocean, and aside from the first two games confirming this, Link's Awakening was created as a sequel to A Link to the Past, meaning Link would have to have left the landlocked Hyrule to set sail somewhere. It's about time we get an ocean in our 3D Hyrule. Hylia just isn't an interesting enough source of water to keep interest.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I think it would be best to move it to the Zelda room, though perhaps not immediately, so that it can direct people there. But all discussion should go to a thread in the new room now. As for this thread, it may have run its course, or it can take on some purpose in the new room. Maybe as a general topic to discuss things not extensive enough to get their own thread? I'd be sad to have it close, seeing as a third of my posts are here.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd hate to see this thread locked. It took 4000 posts to get our own room, so it should at least be archived in the LoZ forum as a relic.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Thank you very much, BuzzSaw.

Also I vote for moved. Too much was decided and determined or even only speculated in this thread, it should indeed be archived.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
We should move this thread to the Zelda forum and lock it after we say our goodbyes. If it wasn't for this thread, the forum would never exist.

*Zelda plays song of time and sends this thread to another timeline*

Mewter

Smash Master
Awesome. LoZ got its own Forum section. :)
I'm glad it's no longer a subforum under the Light House. This makes things a lot easier.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This forum section is going to be one of my favorite parts of the site.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I went ahead and changed this to a general discussion thread for topics that don't necessarily need their own thread.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Plus he's got the fancy red name already, so he's already got the skills it takes to lead us into this brave new world of Zelda discussion.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Quite. I was planning on stickying this, the timeline thread, the Zelda Wii thread, and either the speedrunning or SWF Zelda Project thread. I'm going to go ahead and sticky them for now, but if any of you feel that certain threads should be stickyed/unstickyed tell me here. I'm doing this because SWF has a pre-existing Zelda community, and I don't want the community's opinions to be ignored.

Coldkeeper

Smash Cadet
Zelda games vs Zelda games

Ok, so my dad says that i can get a zelda game, since I dont have any. I have a wii and a DS and im wondering, should I get Phantom hourglass, wind waker, twilight princess or some wii points and get vc games.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Quite. I was planning on stickying this, the timeline thread, the Zelda Wii thread, and either the speedrunning or SWF Zelda Project thread. I'm going to go ahead and sticky them for now, but if any of you feel that certain threads should be stickyed/unstickyed tell me here. I'm doing this because SWF has a pre-existing Zelda community, and I don't want the community's opinions to be ignored.
I wouldl say sticky project Zelda because it has stuff to work with at the moment. The speedrun thread doesn't have anything right now.

sammy p

Smash Lord
........... wow.... that really is a tough question! id say start out with an original. if you havent played Oot or MM or ALttP then those would be the ones you should prolly consider trying!

Mewter

Smash Master
You should probably check here, or here . There's no need to create a whole new thread about it. :)

Also, it depends what you want in the game:
-Action/ faster paced/Better Graphics: Twilight Princess
-Fun/Nice Music/Celshaded/Action-y: Wind Waker
-Adventurous/Don't care about graphics/Awesome Story/Great Puzzles: Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask (OoT first)
-Birdseye view/Puzzles- A Link to the Past

Pick one.

rhan

Smash Hero
I had so much fun playing Phantom Hourglass with others. I never really played the story all that much. Still was a fun game. And it's second cheapest on that list.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I dont know... Zelda is almost something you start young... I would say buy the Game Cube variety pack, which has the classics... but I dont know if the graphics would kill it for you. The good Zelda games are real old now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If he's willing to spend $50 on Twilight Princess, you can either get that one game, or enough Wii Points to download Ocarina of Time ($10), Majora's Mask ($10), A Link to the Past ($8), Legend of Zelda ($5), and Adventure of Link ($5). That comes out to $38 for five Zelda games that will be stored on your Wii with incredibly easy access and no lag. That's your best bet.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I believe that this is something more suited for the General Discussion Thread (I probably should add guidelines in the OP of that...), so I'm merging it in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom