• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
Without Palpatine though, Anakin would not have been pushed over the edge. He'd continue thirsting, but would probably never find that necessary impetus fueled by the Dark Side.
Heck, we know Mace Windu would not have been pushed over the edge either if it weren't for him!

I bet they're just coincidences. Tons of villains have something like that as a background story.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Lol at the sand people thing!

But, yea, I always thought they could make it like Star Wars. Ganondorf could have been like the chosen one and he falls to the dark side, and wreaks havoc all over Hyrule.

EDIT: Maybe, he was trying to get the Gerudo's a better home with the triforce. But, when he received the triforce of power he becomes the villain. IDK highly unlikely. I am interested on a possible Ganon origin.
@the edit: That sounds quite a bit like what Ganon was saying in WW about the harsh desert wind and the winds that blew in from Hyrule. He wanted a better place for himself, and possibly his people.

Also, as far as Zelda=Star Wars, Tingle=Jar Jar. Both are universally hated by almost all fans of their series. Both make the parts of the games/movies they appear in demonstrably worse. Both help the protagonists get where they need to be (Tingle makes maps and Jar Jar guides through the planet core). Both say stupid things (meesa Jar Jar!; Kooloo Limpah!).

Spire

III
BRoomer
@the edit: That sounds quite a bit like what Ganon was saying in WW about the harsh desert wind and the winds that blew in from Hyrule. He wanted a better place for himself, and possibly his people.

Also, as far as Zelda=Star Wars, Tingle=Jar Jar. Both are universally hated by almost all fans of their series. Both make the parts of the games/movies they appear in demonstrably worse. Both help the protagonists get where they need to be (Tingle makes maps and Jar Jar guides through the planet core). Both say stupid things (meesa Jar Jar!; Kooloo Limpah!).

You're right.

Link Skywalker
Darth Ganon
Princess... Zelda
Tingle Binks

It's all coming together now.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Spire that pic will haunt my dreams now.

lol at Princess Zelda

edit: whoa! the f-zero thread's gone! We're not in a vague competition with them anymore, wtf?

XACE-K

Smash Master
So... does anybody else know that Koji Kondo, the guy who worked on the soundtracks for OoT, ALttP, MM and other games (not only LoZ) celebrates his birthday today? Just thought I'd share that with everyone...

Man...I feel like a nerd...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Whoa, I had no idea! August 13, thanks, XACE-K.

I feel like listening to some Zelda songs now, lol.
Your welcome. And please, call me Xace.

And in other related (but not entirely on the topic of Zelda) news
*cough today's also my birthday cough*

So I have something in common with a contributor to the LoZ series. :D

Spire

III
BRoomer
Once again, I have posted to a post that was about 273 pages ago. Sorry, and dont mark as spam.
What did you do? If it involves something that far back, I'd actually like to see what you dug up. Please re-post.

EDIT: Just realized that involves the first page. Don't worry about it ;)

Clownbot

Smash Lord
You had one as well?

Oh yeah, that one.... It's okay. I guess. :ohwell:

.....Srsly, it's awesome. =D

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guys, let's stop spamming this thread.

I know it's become kind of the "Zelda social thread", but keep in mind the history behind it. Treat it with respect, please.

Also keep in mind that those that do not frequent this forum might look to this thread for advice, or to post their thoughts on issues they wouldn't know where else to post them, and if they see that this has become a mockery, they might not take it (and us) seriously at all. Stay cool.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ok, I have a question, I just restarted playing the Wind Waker and yes I know how everybody thinks the Zora have gone through evolution and became the Rito. As seen through Medli being the descendant of Laruto, but what really bugs me is this.

If the Zora live underwater, then why would they go through evolution when "The Great Sea", would be perfect for them?

Falcon88

Smash Ace
Ok, I have a question, I just restarted playing the Wind Waker and yes I know how everybody thinks the Zora have gone through evolution and became the Rito. As seen through Medli being the descendant of Laruto, but what really bugs me is this.

If the Zora live underwater, then why would they go through evolution when "The Great Sea", would be perfect for them?
That's a really good **** question. I think the Medli are evolved because of some event in the timeline we haven't seen. But I just wanted to point out that that was a really good question.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Because the Zora live in colder water (this is confirmed in MM). The ocean is warm.

OR, the devs just wanted to be creative and make something new.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
Because the Zora live in colder water (this is confirmed in MM). The ocean is warm.

OR, the devs just wanted to be creative and make something new.
But then Zoras would simply adapt t warmer water, not completely change from fish to bird.

It is just a reincarnation of the spirit. It's like Link from OoT becoming Link from TP; they are different people, yet exactly the same. The same with that little freaky bird chick and Rito; they are different people, but the same. No evolutionary links between them. Zora's probably just went away like the Gorons did.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Zoras live underwater, so that is where they remained during the centuries of the Great Sea. I already explained that in the Evolutionary Theories Thread.
Well here's what remains confusing...

The fact that a Kokiri (Fido) is reincarnated as Makar, a Korok. We learn that the Korok are indeed the Kokiri though. When compared to the Zora and the Rito, it is incredibly suggested that since the Zora are now absent, that they too evolved, but into the Rito.

Fido : Kokiri :: Laruto : Zora
and..
Fido : Makar :: Laruto : Medli
and..
Makar : Korok :: Medli : Rito
so..
Kokiri = Korok :: Zora = Rito

That's how common sense works.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Well here's what remains confusing...

The fact that a Kokiri (Fido) is reincarnated as Makar, a Korok. We learn that the Korok are indeed the Kokiri though. When compared to the Zora and the Rito, it is incredibly suggested that since the Zora are now absent, that they too evolved, but into the Rito.

Fido : Kokiri :: Laruto : Zora
and..
Fido : Makar :: Laruto : Medli
and..
Makar : Korok :: Medli : Rito
so..
Kokiri = Korok :: Zora = Rito

That's how common sense works.
No, I know that makes sense to me.

What doesn't make sense is if Zora are the "Water People", then why would they go into the mountains and turn into "Bird People", when the world is being flooded? Wouldn't that mean that the area turns out better for them? I don't see why they would go into the mountains to evolve when they could just expand their home underwater.

I completely understand the whole Kokiri into Korok thing. But why the Zoras would evolve is waaaaaay beyond me.

Also, why do they call the it "The Great Deku Tree" if he protects Kokiri/Koroks? From what I remember in OoT, he was the guardian of the forest and cared for the Kokiri. I don't remember once seeing a Deku anywhere around him while a child, aside from when you enter him and right before you slay Queen Gohma.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well what sense does it make for children to evolve into tree things?

It's not evolution, that's the verdict.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Remember the golden rule: if it can't be explained rationally then a wizard did it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Perhaps I should explain my reasoning.

First off, let's look back at OoT. In the Sacred Forest Meadow atop the Moblin-infested maze, there is a Gossip Stone that reads (when wearing the Mask of Truth) "It is said that Kaepora Gaebora is an incarnation of an ancient sage". He is an owl, but none of the Sages in the game are owls. So the question is: Which Sage? The answer: Obviously the Sage of Light, simply because Rauru's physical body is long dead and only exists in the Sacred Realm. Besides, the two resemble eachother quite closely, do they not?

Now let's refer back to WW. We have the King of Hyrule and the King of Red Lions. The two resemble eachother closely, and are obviously incarnations of eachother. But, one is a boat, and the other is human. How can this be?

It is the same for the Zora/Medli scenario. An incarnation in Zelda does not have to include two members of the same tribe or race. This is highly mistaken by the fact that one's incarnation may have descended from the original being, but this has not been proven. Also, in Bhuddist and Hindu mythology, reincarnation is not believed to work this way either. Because of Karma, one's spirit may be reincarnated into a dog or bird or insect. And looking at incarnations from the Zelda series, we know the same rule applies.

Kaepora Gaebora(Owl) = Rauru(Human)
King of Red Lions(Boat) = King of Hyrule(Human)
Medli(Rito) = Sage of Wind(Zora)

But do we infer from this that humans evolved into owls or boats? Of course not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have always pondered this as well. Although, wouldn't be better if:

The Gorons evolved into the Rito, and then the Zora's could still remain (as Zoras). Maybe theres just a big reason, that we don't know yet. I mean, there must be a reason why they did it this way. I'm sure Nintendo would have thought of this as well in the first place. :3

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Y'all aren't helping lol.

I am saying WHY would they change? I know they do change into Rito, but I am asking WHY would they change when the climate is apparently much better for them now that the world has been flooded?

Falcon88

Smash Ace

But do we infer from this that humans evolved into owls or boats? Of course not.
Right. So Rito is an incarnation of Ruto, but the Medli people are not all necessarily Zoras. Rito is a special case anyway, being a Sage like Rauru.

Spire

III
BRoomer

But Rauru and the King of Hyrule weren't dead when their alternative incarnations came to being. Kaepora Gaebora and the King of Red Lions were just forms that the two took to interact with Link from the Light Temple and Hyrule respectively in OoT and WW.

Laruto died, we talked to her ghost. Medli is the reincarnation of Laruto.

The one and only thing that might convince me that the Zora did not transform into the Rito is the fact that Jabun, an obvious descendent of Jabu Jabu, is present, but does not watch over any Zora, while an equivalent deity Valoo watches over the Rito. Furthermore, the deity Deku Tree watches over its forest dwellers.

Man this is tough. The Rito in form, resemble the Zora even moreso than Hylians. Perhaps the Zora simply disappeared as a conglomerate tribe, so the spirit of that tribe was reborn as the Rito.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I hate when stories have holes like these. It's like they were lazy and just created characters and pasted them into a timeline or something.

Nothing beats Mario Bros' universe though. That thing makes 0 sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom