• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Think I might actually get back into Twilight Princess tonight. I haven't had time to play it for... a long time now. Pretty sure last time I played I stopped right before the Goron Mine boss, who I have heard is a fun boss to fight :). I really liked fighting Diababa, especially liked how they included the monkey to help you. Really curious to see if they did anything of the sort with this one. (Fyrus I think)

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I need to start replaying.
I tried the other day, but i couldn't get into it.
Something about the Wiimote just bothers me.

Oh wait, it's a wiimote.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
I need to start replaying.
I tried the other day, but i couldn't get into it.
Something about the Wiimote just bothers me.

Oh wait, it's a wiimote.
Should've gotten the Gamecube version of the game when it was available instead of getting the Wii version Mink.

Gatlin

Yeah, I agree. I wish I got the gamecube version over the Wii simply because when you have to aim arrows or whatever it is somewhat difficult, at least for me lol.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was doing the GCN version for my let's play, but my footage got corrupted, so now I have to play all the way up through the Goron Mines. Again.

It'll be a while before I'm back in the Twilight Princess mood, but hopefully it happens before I get ahold of OOT3D or Skyward Sword. They'll both just take priority. xD

Gatlin

Haha for sure. I cannot wait for the release of OoT3DS, it's going to be epic. Always wished to be able to play OoT on long car rides and such, yay ;D

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
Haha for sure. I cannot wait for the release of OoT3DS, it's going to be epic. Always wished to be able to play OoT on long car rides and such, yay ;D
that is already posible Gatlin, you just need a portable computer or Laptop? (here in Chile call it "Notebooks", so i dont know how you call it :p

and have PJ with the game :bee:

but in the 3DS will be more confortable :awesome:

About the Arrow aiming in GCN TP, that is very easy, that is why Link dont have pulse :p

Gatlin

Haha too much work for me, portable handheld is much more awesome.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm pretty sure I won't use 3D the entire time. I don't find it necessary to be honest.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I found this video series theorizing about ancient cultures that I found fascinating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amqlYJsbr54&feature=related

a few things reminded me of zelda and it reminded me how so many of us are history geeks and like to point out parallels between things, so I thought a lot of other people here would find this interesting

majora's mask is maybe my favorite GAME ever : )

Spire

III
BRoomer
There is no new info on Skyward Sword and there probably won't be until E3... which is just around the corner. Patience!

Also thanks for posting that etecoon! I saw this sunken temple on the History Channel sometime within the past year, but I totally forgot about it. Time to do more ancient civilization research.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
What the hell?

what is this?, the videos have the Dic logo, that mean that isnt a fan made, right?

but after see tha videos... yes, it obviously may be a fan made video.

Link have a desorvitated eye, and the characters arent precisaly good looking

etecoon

Smash Hero
spire why'd you delete that topic

a 2008 copyright hardly discredits it entirely, 3-5 year development cycles aren't exactly unprecedented for nintendo especially when delaying something to a new console becomes an option

I'd be skeptical that it was an MMO just based on nintendo's archaic predisposition towards online play though

edit: though on the other hand, there's already a zelda online topic, so I guess I can see why it didn't need its own topic

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You should read this dude's thread in our theorizing subforum: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=12762530#post12762530
I love MM theories.

HMS = Kaepora is actually pretty common, and actually makes a lot of sense.

Miyamoto and Aonuma are trolls man, they created such an awesome world in Termina and only gave it one game. Sure it was an amazing game
*cough* better than Ocarina
but it's a world that is just begging for more games. Hell if not the world at least more story development haha.

etecoon

Smash Hero
some theories would reject termina as an actual place, which would make it kind of difficult to make another game there if those were what miyamoto and aonuma had in mind. termina was fascinating though and I think a lot of the themes majora's mask explored were sadly discarded and ignored as if they never occurred as nintendo pursued making a bigger and better OoT instead. to this day I still think there are things majora's mask did that NO game, much less from zelda alone, has really surpassed

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I think of Termina as a Through the Looking Glass analogue. I don't believe it is a physical continent in comparison with Hyrule. Just a parallel world. Majora's Mask original codename was Zelda Gaiden which is basically Zelda Side Story. I think Miyamoto used the idea of making another game with OoT's assets to explore the time traveling mechanic he thought up.

Seeing Termina in another game wouldn't be impossible, but I don't think it is strange at all that we haven't seen anything about it since MM. MM is roughly equivalent to having a non-canon episode in a TV series. Like that batch of TMNT episodes where they interrupt the main story to go on vacation in Europe, and then after that, it goes back to the main story without even really acknowledging the Europe episodes at all.

I think Aonuma and Miyamoto ARE trolls though, but for a different reason- that after many years of fan speculation about the goddamn Zelda timeline and after so long of it appearing that the creators themselves didn't think that much about connecting everything then Aonuma comes out and says "yeah we have a timeline but IT'S SUPER SECRET AND LOCKED IN A SAFE"

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
spire why'd you delete that topic

a 2008 copyright hardly discredits it entirely, 3-5 year development cycles aren't exactly unprecedented for nintendo especially when delaying something to a new console becomes an option

I'd be skeptical that it was an MMO just based on nintendo's archaic predisposition towards online play though

edit: though on the other hand, there's already a zelda online topic, so I guess I can see why it didn't need its own topic
Are you talking about Zelda Universe? If so

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2011/05/clarifying-the-recent-esrb-zelda-universe-rumors.html

A Zelda MMO would be lame imo anyways

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, as it turns out the copyright is very very old so that isn't happening

I don't see why you'd say that though, if nintendo actually decided to take the kid gloves off and try to do it right it could be amazing.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The Legend of Zelda: 1,532,643 Swords Adventure

..and darn. Someone beat me to the "Link to the future" video. Anyone who has worked on solving the Zelda timeline will really appreciate the parody.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
yeah, as it turns out the copyright is very very old so that isn't happening

I don't see why you'd say that though, if nintendo actually decided to take the kid gloves off and try to do it right it could be amazing.
Just doesn't seem right to me. Zelda is very much about isolation and exploratory puzzle solving. Link is the one hero. The world of Hyrule could make for a good MMO, sure, but it would really leave a sour taste in my mouth.

and why would they ever do that anyways, before making the much more obvious and appropriate Pokemon MMO?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't really see zelda as being about isolation...at least not in the same vein as something like metroid or SotC. but I suppose you're right about link being the one hero, it would be a little strange for the rest of hyrule's populace to suddenly have a ton of new abilities and powers, especially the hylians who have always been pretty worthless except for link

pokemon would also make an amazing MMO but I especially could never see that happening because it's aimed at younger age groups than zelda is

and just from a completely personal perspective I don't think I could get into a pokemon MMO anymore, there's like 500 of them now right? it's too overwhelming if you haven't followed it from the start(I played RBY a lot but didn't follow the series past that)

etecoon

Smash Hero
games like world of warcraft or maplestory where you have thousands of different players in the same server

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
and just from a completely personal perspective I don't think I could get into a pokemon MMO anymore, there's like 500 of them now right? it's too overwhelming if you haven't followed it from the start(I played RBY a lot but didn't follow the series past that)
I was the same way, and I just picked up Pokemon White. it's still the same exact game, just different creatures and abilities and stuff. I personally don't like the newer creature designs. It's not like it's crucial to know every Pokemon.

I do think there are way too many of them though. They don't need to add like 100 each generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom