• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth General And Off-Topic Chat Thread

3xSwords

Smash Lord
What I mean is that we play with all the ATs but we don't go because we aren't good enough yet, we all want to wait till we are better then we'll hopefully go to one. I wish we would go to some. I see your point and such, I just assumed playing competitively was playing with ATs and all that. Once we all practice enough we want to go to a tournament and we probably will. It'll be a great experience I'm sure. I'm the youngest in our group and I'm 16 so we shouldn't have problems when we go to one eventually...

So I played today either everyone else got better or I got worse, but I don't get to play it much; hopefully I'll get my Wii next week. I got sad, I managed to pull off a usmash spike and won XD
Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, get your *** handed to you at a tourney. Actually you have to get your *** handed to you quite a few times. It really speeds up the process of getting good. I would recommend you go to a tourney like now... a lot of them are coming up especially because of the holiday breaks and all.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Sometimes you have to bite the bullet, get your *** handed to you at a tourney. Actually you have to get your *** handed to you quite a few times. It really speeds up the process of getting good. I would recommend you go to a tourney like now... a lot of them are coming up especially because of the holiday breaks and all.
I've been getting my *** handed to me by one of my friends... D= Although I am looking forward to getting owned in a tourney... There is one fairly close to me in a couple weeks and my friends and I might go we might wait I don't know...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Breaking News

Emblem Lord: now i got the itch
Steel: :0
Emblem Lord: i wanna
Emblem Lord: *sigh
Emblem Lord: i wanna get good
Emblem Lord: >_>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I've been getting my *** handed to me by one of my friends... D= Although I am looking forward to getting owned in a tourney... There is one fairly close to me in a couple weeks and my friends and I might go we might wait I don't know...
This best way to get good is to get ***** in the most disgusting way possible.

Breaking News

Pics nao or it didn't happen.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Breaking News

*result of neo ****** him on wifi

GOOD GAMES BAHAHAHAHA

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmmm.

Yeah we DID play but...

mcabreact (8:50:05 PM): play me wifi with rob
mcabreact (8:50:08 PM): and play gay as possible
mcabreact (8:50:08 PM): pls
DrgSupergogeta (8:50:15 PM): dude
DrgSupergogeta (8:50:23 PM): u know my wifi doesnt work >_>
mcabreact (8:50:25 PM): WHY WON'T YOU F*CKING PLAY ME EMBLEM LORD
mcabreact (8:50:26 PM): F*CK

I mean...when someone begs you to play them, what else can you do but play them?

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Im looking forward to seeing tourney vids of Emblem Lord's marth. That is if he goes to tournaments. -.-

SonicX580

Smash Lord
Hi guys I'am going to enter a tournament (online) using Marth and I noticed that I kind of abuse counter so aside from spacing and stuff so what can I work on to make myself unpredicatable?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hi guys I'am going to enter a tournament (online) using Marth and I noticed that I kind of abuse counter so aside from spacing and stuff so what can I work on to make myself unpredicatable?
Use a large variety of moves but don't use the same move every time you are in a certain situation. Mix it up.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
God dammit, my Wii broke.

Last night I brought it to the local cardshop for practice, since there's a tournament on Saturday. You would think they'd be careful around other peoples' ****, but no. They dropped it and it fell, and now it only shows a black screen when I turn it on.

And I don't wanna send it back to Nintendo because I had Homebrew on it.

**** people.

What should I do?

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
As the new moderator in town, I'll be keeping my eyes around to make sure this thread doesn't get out of control. That said, keep things to general tournament/smash/Marth things.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Dang Elfen Lied is amazing.

OT: I firmly believe there is no matchup where Marth cannot win/is not even, with the exception of Metaknight. Discuss.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Marth can win the matchup against Meta Knight. The odds are against him, but it's very far from impossible.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
God dammit, my Wii broke.

Last night I brought it to the local cardshop for practice, since there's a tournament on Saturday. You would think they'd be careful around other peoples' ****, but no. They dropped it and it fell, and now it only shows a black screen when I turn it on.

And I don't wanna send it back to Nintendo because I had Homebrew on it.

**** people.

What should I do?
http://savemii.net/order.html

^ Buy that and I think try to find an ISO of a recovery disc (and naturally burn it onto a DVD) and you can revive your Wii from almost anything (except Roy's ph33r).

Yeah, well, this as good as you got it other than sending it to Nintendo (they won't mind homebrew unless you pirated stuff lol, but they may get rid of the homebrew channel & naturally update your Wii to 3.4).

Naturally you're on your own for the ISO part. ;P

feardragon64

Smash Champion
^Fall damage though?
That stuff will be awesome for Software but not Hardware problems.

And what viet said about nintendo not taking legal action for you having homebrew. But ya, it'll probably be removed. Though I don't think it's because they'll actually try and remove it so much as it'll just be because they'll restore the wii to factory settings most likely after they repair the hardware.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
^Fall damage though?
That stuff will be awesome for Software but not Hardware problems.

And what viet said about nintendo not taking legal action for you having homebrew. But ya, it'll probably be removed. Though I don't think it's because they'll actually try and remove it so much as it'll just be because they'll restore the wii to factory settings most likely after they repair the hardware.
Oh yeah. <_<

Well, the thing actually fixes a black screen too. I didn't think beyond that apparently. xD

If you really <3 your homebrew, it's worth giving it a shot. If it was physically impaired, Nintendo would have to repair the entire thing anyway.

http://savemii.net/troubleshooting.html

^ Branch D is probably your problem Punishment, so see if any of the situations in that branch pertain to your Wii.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
wasnt there a SSF2THD tourney in nyc that long ago or was my friend Seishin wrong about that?....man Sonic Unleashed is pretty awesome

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Just thought I'd make Hylians job a little easier :D

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Steel finds its not an accomplishment to spam in a spam topic. 2 points are a necessity. But we still have to GENERALLY discuss Marth, I wanna see Virgilijus play Marth. Vids or no more mod. (jk)

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I would like to use this post to apologize proactively for any stupidity, craziness, or incomprehensiveness, of my posts in the next couple days. I am getting all of my molars removed at 1 o'clock, today and that means I am going to be on painkillers, so I might be a little loopy.

So just thought I'd warn you.

I'm so hungry, but I am not allowed to eat....

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Sorry Virg, how could I forget your awesomeness.

So... it's not being closed? Oh well, at least I bumped a semi-useful thread, right?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Dude I have braces, every once in awhile I can't eat aswell, I know how you feel.

Oh, and I had to get 4 teeth removed for my mouth to be correct, **** dentists.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Why is this general discussion chat thread all fine yet the Toon Link one had to die? I mean seriously, wtf. That makes absolute sense.

Top Bottom