• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth General And Off-Topic Chat Thread

feardragon64

Smash Champion
You know what I think is pretty funny
MK would probably be lower if it took into account all the scrub mk's that didn't even come close to placing.
But then again Marth would be 50 times worse

We're doomed

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
guys crazy question for yall.

who do you think does better against snake... marth or mk?

lmao snake is like the biggest reason i quit mk for marth in tourney play.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
MK does better, you probably just needed a stronger grasp on the matchup.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I suck horribly with Metaknight. Maybe he just isnt your character style. Its possible that your going to do better with the character you enjoy the most.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
YAY, theyre hosting a tourny at my college. I hope there is a severe famine of MK there otherwise i may be screwed......but MK vs. marth isnt turbo **** for me anyway (at least sometimes) :ohwell:
Ya.
I think the match up is over exaggerated at a certain extent.

>.>

Woah! Where did mah sig go?

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know where I can find that green/blue looking gc controller? Official of course.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Hey i don't know about you guys but i find 8 stickied threads a bit too much. Can anyone change this plz? I think that marths frame data can be unstickied since it is in the everything you wanted to know about Marth thread.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Personally I wish the marth finder and panda's topics were unstickied, but that's just me. X_X

And I thought official GC controllers were discontinued? Try ebay?

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
Personally I wish the marth finder and panda's topics were unstickied, but that's just me. X_X

And I thought official GC controllers were discontinued? Try ebay?
They pretty much are except for the silver one (USA) and white one (Japan).
I tried ebay. No go. Well I guess their isn't any. Oh well.........

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
A store near me has been selling silver GC controllers like hotcakes. New ones. And they frequently get new shipments. I think it's mostly leftover Nintendo stock, though, so get them while stores still sell new ones. I have an older black one and one of the new silver ones. Older controllers are much better for smash I find, less rigid. I need to work in my silver one. Whereas for smash64 new controllers are f-ing amazing.

Qckpy01

Smash Apprentice
GC controllers are an endangered species.
You can easily buy a new silver gc controller from the online nintendo store.
Get a white one shipped from Japan via ebay.
Any new official ones that aren't those colors, yeah I agree.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
It's probably not official. The one I'm looking for is like turquoise. And official.

Edit: Check this vid out. Ken has it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0geizHJPSxA
It's a GC controller imported from Japan. It's no longer produced I'm afraid. I think Play-Asia used to get like "stray" ones every now and then. I suggest you go and stalk that page by bookmarking and checking it religiously. No guarantees though. You can also try Yahoo Japan if you know Japanese and use a deputy service to get it shipped to you.

Among rare GCN controllers were a grey controller (not platinum like USA [I WANT GREY!]), Wario-themed one, Mario-themed one, stuff like that.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Woohoo! Tournament today in a few hours. Turns out i dont feel all that sick as i thought i would. I may well win this one *going in with a positive "brawl mentality". I will post how the tournament goes when i get home and the ratio of noobs:skilled players and MK & Snake: everyone else.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Speaking of controllers because i can't find black ones i'm going to have to buy plat and paint it. D= I kinda wish there was a character recolor system like in Soul Calibur 3 so i could have a gold Marth. XD

Tennet

Smash Champion
White Marth could be better I only use it against my friend because he hates it.

Top Bottom