• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth General And Off-Topic Chat Thread

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
All the thanksgiving games were blowouts this year. What a disappointment. <_<

Lions are pathetic. I dont know why they get a thanksgiving game every year. THEY SUCK.

Bengals need to get rid of Chad Johnson, and TJ huribvuebsefvbb is a free agent at the end of the year and he wants to win so he wont be back.

Also ZMT is the king of smex. If u disagree then you can leave now.
Yea, Chad is a team cancer, he needs to go.

TJ isnt going anywhere though, we'll franchise tag him. And yes those games yesterday blew >_>

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I would just like to say that the other day I got the sexiest spike of my life.

I was playing against one of the best players out here on the island, Eli, and he was using Wario. The TVs were laggy as balls, but that's not important. He was way below the stage and had a fully charged fart. He used it to recover and as he rose I ledgehop dair'd and it spiked him. He was like "yoooooo Mad Props!"

I felt so good the rest of the day XD

3xSwords

Smash Lord
lol nice. I remember spiking Falco out of his phantasm but I'm sure many people have done that. So dunno how great that is :/

Edit: and seriously the lions blow so much balls >_> Freakin' Defensive linemen on the Titans get a touchdown against them.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
lol nice. I remember spiking Falco out of his phantasm but I'm sure many people have done that. So dunno how great that is :/

Edit: and seriously the lions blow so much balls >_> Freakin' Defensive linemen on the Titans get a touchdown against them.

yea, i've done that a few times on falco. it feels awesome :)

and yes the lions suck a**

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You think a Defensive Linemen getting a TD is embarrassing? Try having a kicker get a TD. Happened in the CFL back in 2000 or 2001 during the Grey Cup (Canadian equivalent to the Superbowl). Granted, the guy had played for the same team for over 10 years, and they made the play just so he could do it as it was his last game and he wanted another TD (he had one or two from a while ago), but still, it sucked to be the other team.

Luckily, I was cheering for the team that managed to pull that off. XD Go BC Lions!

UWOcho

Smash Apprentice
He was like "yoooooo Mad Props!"

I felt so good the rest of the day XD
I spat out my drink that made me lol so hard

Now do you guys see why i dont watch Turkey Bowl games?:ohwell:

P.S. I get dibs on royal blue (marth's princely hair color)
[SIZE=+1]PLEASE[/SIZE] pick a dfferent color to write with..

You think a Defensive Linemen getting a TD is embarrassing? Try having a kicker get a TD. Happened in the CFL back in 2000 or 2001 during the Grey Cup (Canadian equivalent to the Superbowl). Granted, the guy had played for the same team for over 10 years, and they made the play just so he could do it as it was his last game and he wanted another TD (he had one or two from a while ago), but still, it sucked to be the other team.

Luckily, I was cheering for the team that managed to pull that off. XD Go BC Lions!
Everyone knows the cfl isn't real football. And just for some lols, my roommate is a hamilton ti-cats fan.

Yeah.....

On another note.. illinialex24 how in the world do you pronounce your name? I'm a genius i figured it out myself

illinialex24

Smash Hero
On another note.. illinialex24 how in the world do you pronounce your name? I'm a genius i figured it out myself
ill-eye-nye (people from illinois - alex :)
Oh course you are
not

Go Fighting Illini!

And of course, we suck this year. But Northwestern rules, and their stadium is really close to me. My dad went the for Law School so I wonder why I am an Illini fan... meh. I HATE HATE HATE the Tar Heels and my dad went there. With a burning passion.

Censored for profanity.

I don't like Duke but great shirt.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Everyone knows the cfl isn't real football. And just for some lols, my roommate is a hamilton ti-cats fan.
Envious of the fact that Canadian football is faster paced then American football?

Longer, narrower field + only 3 downs + no sissy "free-catch" rule + other differences I have forgotten = better football. I tried watching the Superbowl. The commercials were better then the game. It's all short pass, gain 4 yard plays. Which gets boring rather quickly.

Of course, I wouldn't say all of this at my school because I would get shot. >_> Or at least tackled by a linesmen.

And tell your roommate to stop cheering for a team that sucks. But at least it's not Montreal he's routing for....

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Envious of the fact that Canadian football is faster paced then American football?

Longer, narrower field + only 3 downs + no sissy "free-catch" rule + other differences I have forgotten = better football. I tried watching the Superbowl. The commercials were better then the game. It's all short pass, gain 4 yard plays. Which gets boring rather quickly.

Of course, I wouldn't say all of this at my school because I would get shot. >_> Or at least tackled by a linesmen.

And tell your roommate to stop cheering for a team that sucks. But at least it's not Montreal he's routing for....
Ummm... worst rant ever?? There's a reason why the Super Bowl is watched by a lot but NO ONE watches Canadian Football (or well, no one outside of Canada who isn't crazy). Its rules suck.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ummm... worst rant ever?? There's a reason why the Super Bowl is watched by a lot but NO ONE watches Canadian Football (or well, no one outside of Canada who isn't crazy). Its rules suck.
That's because you can't get it out side of Canada. Freaking CBC not wanting anyone else to get the profits....you can't even get it online, they check your IP for which country you are in.....

I've watched Canadian Football. I've watched American Football. I fell asleep watching American Football. >_> It's just too slow. And I don't get the point of getting hyped up over Highschool football and College football. At all. Someone mind explaining the mindset of that one?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That's because you can't get it out side of Canada. Freaking CBC not wanting anyone else to get the profits....you can't even get it online, they check your IP for which country you are in.....

I've watched Canadian Football. I've watched American Football. I fell asleep watching American Football. >_> It's just too slow. And I don't get the point of getting hyped up over Highschool football and College football. At all. Someone mind explaining the mindset of that one?
If there was any money to be made of it outside of Canada, it would be put outside of Canada. However, since its bad enough so there's really no money to be made, they did the smart thing and try to protect it inside of Canada so the NFL doesn't wipe the floor with them.

Ready ssshhteadddy go.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If there was any money to be made of it outside of Canada, it would be put outside of Canada. However, since its bad enough so there's really no money to be made, they did the smart thing and try to protect it inside of Canada so the NFL doesn't wipe the floor with them.

Ready ssshhteadddy go.
NFL beating us? We've had two American teams in the CFL. They didn't last. Canadian football was too fast for them. And seeing how the CFL is the second most popular sports league in Canada after the NHL, there is a crap load of money in it. As in, it sells only marginally worse then the NHL does in Canada. You know, one of the three sports that is Canadian? There are areas of the US with a high Canadian population. CBC only broadcasts in Canada however as it's the official national television station.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I would just like to stop this sports discussion that way I might point out how deliciously sexy my new avy and sig are.

I took the ban MK thing out because these days, I'm starting to think that MK might be reasonably beatable. Granted I hate having to use Snake just to beat him, but i guess I'll just suck it up. I don't think I'd be upset if they do ban him, though :3

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I would just like to stop this sports discussion that way I might point out how deliciously sexy my new avy and sig are.

I took the ban MK thing out because these days, I'm starting to think that MK might be reasonably beatable. Granted I hate having to use Snake just to beat him, but i guess I'll just suck it up. I don't think I'd be upset if they do ban him, though :3
METAKNIGHT ISNT BROKEN!!!!!111one :)

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
I wish they'd just divide the tourneys into two tier-based brackets. Upper half in one competition, lower half in the other. Players would be free to participate in both, but it would prevent Snakes and MKs from stifling the metagame growth of low-tiers like Ike and Falcon, who, let's face it, are too fun to ignore just because they suck.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I wish they'd just divide the tourneys into two tier-based brackets. Upper half in one competition, lower half in the other. Players would be free to participate in both, but it would prevent Snakes and MKs from stifling the metagame growth of low-tiers like Ike and Falcon, who, let's face it, are too fun to ignore just because they suck.
Ike doesn't suck... :(

illinialex24

Smash Hero
NFL beating us? We've had two American teams in the CFL. They didn't last. Canadian football was too fast for them. And seeing how the CFL is the second most popular sports league in Canada after the NHL, there is a crap load of money in it. As in, it sells only marginally worse then the NHL does in Canada. You know, one of the three sports that is Canadian? There are areas of the US with a high Canadian population. CBC only broadcasts in Canada however as it's the official national television station.
Notice how NHL really isn't making very much money right now. I.e., Canadian football sucks. NFl dominates because it gets all the good players and has good rules and so people actually want to watch it. If the CFL didn't make their game patriotic and expanding its borders, everyone would watch NFL.

And Soccer kicks football any day.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ike doesn't suck... :(

What Crazn said.

I don't like that idea, some lower tier characters actually have OK matchups against people higher than them on the tier list, so it wouldn't really solve the problem. What about people that seconded/mained characters in different tiers and wanted to use them both, and then had matches at the same time? You can't just take away their secondaries for the sake of the format, that's annoying. Also, some amazing players use bad people, so they may destroy their competition in lower tiers when they should be playing with the higher tiers? Would exceptions be made? this would be too much of a hassle.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
What Crazn said.

I don't like that idea, some lower tier characters actually have OK matchups against people higher than them on the tier list, so it wouldn't really solve the problem. What about people that seconded/mained characters in different tiers and wanted to use them both, and then had matches at the same time? You can't just take away their secondaries for the sake of the format, that's annoying. Also, some amazing players use bad people, so they may destroy their competition in lower tiers when they should be playing with the higher tiers? Would exceptions be made? this would be too much of a hassle.
Like Jigglypuff and Metaknight. If only they could ban G&W, Falco and Olimar. Jigglypuff would be pretty good then.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
(Ike is one of my secondaries, I know he doesn't suck too hard...but compared to MK and Snake, he's just not in the same game).

I think the tourney brackets are based too much off individual smashers and not enough off character choice. The way we've always done them locally is one smasher, one bracket, one character. Counterpicking is done on a strictly stage-only basis.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Lol, that sucks man... :(
Yeah it really does. Jigglypuff has two options against a G&W. Boost smash spam (because his nair beats out every one of her aerials but pound and his fair and bair beat pound out) and rollout spam, but the later never works, its just a desperation technique in the vain hope of winning. G&W is amazing at stopping or not getting hit by rollout.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
(Ike is one of my secondaries, I know he doesn't suck too hard...but compared to MK and Snake, he's just not in the same game).

I think the tourney brackets are based too much off individual smashers and not enough off character choice. The way we've always done them locally is one smasher, one bracket, one character. Counterpicking is done on a strictly stage-only basis.
How many people just go MK? -

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
No characters deserved to be banned and no characters suck. Almost any character can beat any character in this game. Yes theres some exceptions like Dedede vs DK and friends, and maybe Olimar vs Jiggs. Metaknight is beatable, which is why he isnt banned yet. If he was unbeatable then Metaknight would of won every tournament he was in so far. Olimar has horrible recovery AND is light...not a good combination. Ike is dangerous in good hands, trust me <_<.

Marth is Smexy Tier....which lies beyond Falcon in coolness.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
No characters deserved to be banned and no characters suck. Yes theres some exceptions like Dedede vs DK and friends, and maybe Olimar vs Jiggs. Metaknight is beatable, which is why he isnt banned yet. If he was unbeatable then Metaknight would of won every tournament he was in so far. Almost any character can beat any character in this game. Olimar has horrible recovery AND is light...not a good combination. Ike is dangerous in good hands, trust me <_<.

Marth is Smexy Tier....which lies beyond Falcon in coolness.
Yeah man, you are right.

Falcon is Scarf Tier, duh.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Guys, I just played Brawlee (Brawl with L-canceling, Wavedashing, 1 air-dodge, and 10% hitstun added) as Marth. I got a replay so I'm gonna post it lol. He seems to have like a 40% combo from a U-throw to Uair to U-tilt to Uair or something at like 0%. It's really cool.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Guys, I just played Brawlee (Brawl with L-canceling, Wavedashing, 1 air-dodge, and 10% hitstun added) as Marth. I got a replay so I'm gonna post it lol. He seems to have like a 40% combo from a U-throw to Uair to U-tilt to Uair or something at like 0%. It's really cool.
Most of the stuff in that version is broken. I know that Sonic can like Dash Attack back and forth and some characters can never get out lol.

Olimar is ****ing annoying, more annoying than MK. At least you can camp MK, Olimar and his ****ing grabbing Pikmin of doom say no to that.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure you could probably first hit nair infinite with Brawl++, as well as hundreds more infinite/0-death combos....iono I never really cared for it. I figure just go play melee >>

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's a ***** to approach when he's used right. His Pikmin smashes with the disjointed hitboxes eat attacks, especially if you're coming in from above.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Most of the stuff in that version is broken. I know that Sonic can like Dash Attack back and forth and some characters can never get out lol.

Olimar is ****ing annoying, more annoying than MK. At least you can camp MK, Olimar and his ****ing grabbing Pikmin of doom say no to that.
I know but I just add them to my channel cause its fun lol.

Top Bottom