• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE MANLY SNAKE THREAD (for men only). We main Snake. You probably don't.

lol everytime someone faces a fairly good falco they reconsider the fact that snake beats falco for sure. Everyone is questionable after the encounter. I recall SuSa doing the same when he played SK92 for the first time.

Oh and yeah, spotdodge is really really good for falco. Only a 2 frame period of punishment if done correctly. With Snake's laggy attacks, what can he really do against that except hold A and hope something hits? Not that this is abused all the time, but more fuel for the fire in upclose battles against falco.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I go for suicide C4 kills, droping and blowing up C4s knowing it would kill me, in hope of surprising my opponent and killing him too.

Manly

Denzi

Smash Master
Oh and yeah, spotdodge is really really good for falco. Only a 2 frame period of punishment if done correctly.

3 Frames.

I hurl grenades at my opponent while they're offstage and in freefall, because edgehogging just isn't a manly enough way to kill someone. Or runoff fastfall fair. Whatever works.

RATED

Smash Lord
spotdodge is a spotdodge so is punishable anyways if u see it coming, we are snake mainers we PUNISH spotdodge and stupid things.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I GO for the grab at higher percents on D3, IC's and Falco.

With IC's I backthrow Nana so I can blow Popo's **** off.
With D3 I pivot grab so I can dthrow+dair his stupid 'get-up-and-grab-you-back" attempt, allowing me to step on penguin neck.
With Falco I grab release + double pummels to the edge, dthrow, watch for the roll behind me and grab release back to the other side of the stage so I can watch for an uptilt, rendering his stupid beak broken (something that would make a bird starve to death in real life)

The only reason I wouldn't be considered manly is I'm not black.

-Ran

Smash Master
I don't see how, Falco has no way of killing snake.
Outside of the CG (WOOHOOOOO), which is ridiculously easy to avoid but thats just me.
The main thing about Falco is that if he gets his early chain-grab, he's going to have an easy 60% damage lead on Snake, if he just goes for the Dacus. Due to this, the match up dynamic has changed. Snake has to approach, and Falco is going to be content to play on the defensive. Due to this, the match up is an upwards battle, if Falco gets his grab every stock; however, Snake should be getting 32% damage fresh every stock on Falco the moment Falco whiffs a grab.

Thus, the match up ultimately comes down if the Falco is capable of utilizing and achieving their Down-Throw early, or if the Snake is able to thwart those efforts and punish them. Due to the nature of this match up, since one wrong move changes the outcome of how 'hard' it feels at the onset of the match, people have never really been able to decide how difficult the match up is.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I find the hardest part of the falco MU is his jab game. I always get caught by jab cancel grabs, tilts, and rolls. I guess I can't react fast enough - only way I'll punish a roll is if I anticipate it and either wait for it or stay in shield waiting for it. However, sometimes my anticipation is wrong and I get grabbed or jabbed for standing there. His lasers are annoying even if we can crouch under it. I know I can't punish the SHDL, but I find myself doing stupid things anyway. Yume taught me the MU. I have very little problem getting CG'd a low percents now.

AfroQT

Smash Master
You should destroy falco up close though his jab is good. If you have trouble reacting to falco's rolls, you should try to work on improving that. His spotdodge however is very good, but still not all that hard to react to.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
In my next tourney, if I face Prawn, I will Fsmash his ICs to punish his rolls/spotdodge/airdodge. I don't give a **** about that CG lol/

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
agree, but you can't be impatient in this MU or you will get ***** hard. Is kinda easy if the Snake is patient but if not prepare to get juggled.
Yeah in this match you just about everything going for you.GaW doesn't have any real ground approaches lol and as far as air his moves as so telegraphed. I always feel like I'm in control here except when Im in the air but ive learned to mix up the recovery.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
air dodge to Bdacus is too good!!!!!!! I am getting it down almost 100% of the time and it seems to be easier to time than any of the other ways you can buffer it. Some uses for this are when you are ledge dropping.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
why would snakes buffered dacus be significantly better than his dacus? I mean it already goes like the whole stage to begin with

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
because it is faster to bdacus when you are landing than to do a regular dacus

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Good idea, avoid getting auto-loss when caught on the ground

AfroQT

Smash Master
afro switched to kirby

no longer a man.
No matter what character i play in tournament.
I will always main snake.

Plus im going like...Kirby/Snake...im not dropping snake altogether.

And im still the manliest snake main.

M.Tro

Smash Rookie
hey kirby snake is pretty manly, he looks like he enjoys nading people, and he can eat reptiles like snake does. therefor kirby is manly, plus he puts more things in his mouth and any one else. He's eaten things that would give the rest of us nightmare. Like vegetables when we are used to just eating pure meat.

M.Tro

Smash Rookie
I just had a thought, I was going to play some mgs(series) to get back into the snake mind set when... the thought came to me. What if you played mgs snake like brawl snake...? Just dash attack guards, nade bosses, forward smash metal gear. yeah?!

Kirby Snake is a second to the most manly character in the game. He's still inferior to the real Snake.

Btw: New M. Tro? Avoid double posting.

AfroQT

Smash Master
hey kirby snake is pretty manly, he looks like he enjoys nading people, and he can eat reptiles like snake does. therefor kirby is manly, plus he puts more things in his mouth and any one else. He's eaten things that would give the rest of us nightmare. Like vegetables when we are used to just eating pure meat.
I just had a thought, I was going to play some mgs(series) to get back into the snake mind set when... the thought came to me. What if you played mgs snake like brawl snake...? Just dash attack guards, nade bosses, forward smash metal gear. yeah?!
This guys first 5 posts and hes already a man.
Tech Chase what you need to do is tech chase someone till death on a platform, then just look at them and smile, because right when you hit them with utilt to finish the job you know their thinking "Now i see why they call him Technical Chase".

It's corny as hell but it'd be pretty funny rofl.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
This guys first 5 posts and hes already a man.
Tech Chase what you need to do is tech chase someone till death on a platform, then just look at them and smile, because right when you hit them with utilt to finish the job you know their thinking "Now i see why they call him Technical Chase".

It's corny as hell but it'd be pretty funny rofl.
LOL I've done that before...its ****ing hilarious. I only did it once though but now I feel like I have to again.

My tournament is going to be on livestream this weekend and Ally is showing up. You guys should watch.

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
I played a Ness the other day on PS1 and the tree appeared. I had a 3 stock lead then I grab released him against the tree till 200% and bthrew him to his death.

8]

Morningstar

Smash Journeyman
It's what separates the men from the boys.

And he timed my D3 out in a friendly and I don't even play D3. I can't let that **** fly cuz I'm a man.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I played a Ness the other day on PS1 and the tree appeared. I had a 3 stock lead then I grab released him against the tree till 200% and bthrew him to his death.

8]
I cried a little on the inside.

I also realized I'm not a man yet I'm posting in this thread...but I still use Snake from time to time D:

Top Bottom