• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE MANLY SNAKE THREAD (for men only). We main Snake. You probably don't.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Texture hacks for Snake are epic, but some are ******** like Tingle. I really like the fact that "Snake" was in Brawl, but if Nintendo is going to give him a costume they should give him a good one.
It's one of the main reasons I hack Brawl.

It would be cool if the Green Big Boss (default) had the eyepatch. It's possible, just check KC:MM, but that seriously needed to be on Green Big Boss already.

Sorry for double post

etecoon

Smash Hero
I use shirtless/suspenders big boss the most, which do you mean by green? the olive drab big boss does have an eyepatch hack

moss snake still da bess though

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
I use shirtless/suspenders big boss the most, which do you mean by green? the olive drab big boss does have an eyepatch hack

moss snake still da bess though
His default green texture I mean, what I use is this:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=11618
It includes Big Boss with a revolver and Old Snake.

Anyways, it's your opinion to use what you want, I prefer Solid Snake than Big Boss, still knowing Big Boss knows and has better CQC and could easily own Solid Snake if they were the same age. Though we all know Solid Snake beat Big Boss in MG2: Solid Snake with hairspray and a lighter.

I think as Solid Snake as, "A living legend with a headband, no beard, a high tech sneaking suit and a silenced SOCOM in his hand."

I think of Big Boss as, "A living legend with a headband and an eyepatch, a beard, one who has beastly CQC and can survive off of anything."

Brawl Snake doesn't really give me the mind of a Living Legend, more of a Guy with a beard and a strange looking suit.
Like I have said before, it's a discrace to MGS since Snake sounds stupid too...

Also, has anyone seen that Meryl texture for ZSS? I tried it and it's actually pretty good, only probem is the glitchy hair. Same with Gray Fox over MK..

Trouble King

Smash Apprentice
I don't main (or secondary for that matter) Snake, but I did an f-air spike into falling mortar into b-air stage spike.

Also I main a fat firebreathing monster that refuses to stay dead.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
This is a serious question.

Are there any Snake mainers who play enjoy playing the Metal Gear series?
Let's discuss which ones you haven't played, and the ones you have plays, and the ones you like.

I have Twin Snakes for Gamecube, but I'm getting a PS3 for MGS4 for Christmas :)

etecoon

Smash Hero
MGS3 is one of my favorite games ever, bad at ranking things but it could be in my top 5

I also love MGS and MGS2. I don't have a PS3 or a PSP so I've missed a lot of the series but I watched through MGS4's cutscenes and important codecs on youtube lol

napZzz

Smash Hero
the metal gear solid series is the whole reason I play snake, I was so pumped when they announced him, the only thing keeping me with this ****ty character is my pure love for the series/character himself <333

Tithenion

Smash Rookie
I played MGS before Smash Bros was even around. MGS was great, MGS2 was still pretty good, and MGS3 is either my 2nd or 3rd favorite game ever. I still need to play MGS4, and I haven't played the PSP games. I beat the original MG, but MG2 was a lot tougher and I never got around to beating it.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Good, I'm glad there are Metal Gear fans part of the Smash Bros. Fanbase. At least you guys know what Metal Gear is.

Iv'e talked to people over xat who haven't even heard of a Metal Gear game, and have only known Snake from Brawl. They call what we call a Metal Gear game, "Snake Game."
lol Noobs.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So many Metal Gear games...and I've played most of them. 3 and then 4 are my favorite. I thought 4 was going to be hard to get into but the story is amazing too nonetheless.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
Konami makes by far the most entertaining video games with a great storyline and gameplay.
I love the Easter Eggs MGS4 has.

Did you know you can make the beauty's dance (Using the Ipod) and you can make them pose using the camera?
It's really cool stuff, which is the reason I want a Backwards Compatable PS3 for Christmas, which happens to play PS2 games and PS3 games. This means I can get MGS3 and MGS4 :)

RATED

Smash Lord
I havent played all of them, but I have seen the story(watching one of my big bros and a friend of mine) who are hardcore fans and play those all the time, so I know the story, and how the boss battles are "done" even if I havent played it.

For example I helped my friend with the psychomantis part that you had to use port 2. I had the idea, so I been a "back seat gamer" all the time in those games. Since I don't like shooting and stuff

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
For example I helped my friend with the psychomantis part that you had to use port 2. I had the idea, so I been a "back seat gamer" all the time in those games. Since I don't like shooting and stuff
Are you referring to Twin Snakes or the original MGS1?
You can plug the controller in port 4, and you won't need to switch it again.

0mart

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mr.0mart
REAL MEN SNAKE PLAYERS:
Afro
MVD
LAMBCHOPS THE GREAT SENSEI
Dr. Wily (Seibrik)
Jamie Fox (HRNUT)

Always accepting applicants.
Straight outta Bristol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RadZTuZEKlM
<3 Joker

I think I qualify to have an membership... I main only snake in a country where the Top 5 are Olimars, Marth and a bunch of MKs(as secondary and main), and still I am Top 5.... I have a beard :D

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I understand that it says they're always accepting applicants, but I think that since the last post was 3 years ago that applications are no longer accepted.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
~ I approve of this thread.

Snake is a tactically specialized character that requires intelligence and patience to properly master. Knowing from experience, he's not one of those characters that you can just simply pick up the controller and be instantly good with. In order to main him, you have to know a vast majority of complicated techs, and strategies in order to "up" your game. (Which took me nearly four years to get down, and quite frankly I still have quite a bit to learn.) I had always been a huge fan of the MGS franchise, and when I heard the badass protagonist, Snake was going to be included on the Brawl roster, it was an instant-buy for me. I've mained Snake for nearly six years now, and I would never in my right mind trade him for anyone else. It almost saddens me to know that his chances of making it into the next addition of the SSB franchise are tremendously slim. I'm going to miss him, and even when SSBU comes out, I will still continue to play Brawl, because nothing could replace the attachment that I've developed over the years with my Snake.

~Sincerely, A Smash Boards nooblet, <3 !O1D!

Top Bottom