• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Personally I think seeing as we struggle with Pikachu possibly, we should discuss that matchup so when Biglou or Boss vs Anther/ESAM, they'll be ready to conquer it :)

"beat reflexx"

This part makes me grin as Reflex called Luigi low tier and that he said Biglou could never defeat him with Luigi :)

CO18

Smash Hero
It seemed to me that luigi beat pika solidly dunno how esam pulled through, thundershock --> dtilt is good vs luigi though since he cant punish it oos but biglou had a big lead 3rd match then next thing i know esam brought it back

boss8

Smash Hero
marth vs luigi isnt that bad...pikachu i thought we ***** that mouse....lol but i was wrong we hafe to play the matchup like MK....idk....ask biglou...i still cant get over *****;s pants*

yo lou aim me when u get the chance....

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
BIG LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Also, I wonder if MikeHaze played overly offensive as he usually plays. it seems like that is the only way I win vs M(f)a(i)rths.

Also, I thought that Luigi's tap a works really well vs Pikachu

TheMann

Smash Ace
dude if lou beat esam he would fought ADHD and well u know how that matchup is....then he woulda fought tyrant...lou coulda had top 5....but top 8 for a luigi is just as beast...
Who knows....maybe he woulda beat tyrant too. Top 3 baybee!!!

Btw you going to MLG Columbus Boss? I'm tryin my hardest to go.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Biglou shown' em all what weegee can do! W00T.

Sidenote: Good stuff YoshQ, I know Biglou outshined you on these boards but you did good. Gotta back up my local Luigi brethren.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I'd heard big lou got top 8 and I was amazed, but he even beat mike haze? holy **** lou

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
So yeah Luigi vs Yoshi.

If he sideBs, face away from him, and Up-B out of shield. Am I 2gud or wut?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
"beat reflexx"

This part makes me grin as Reflex called Luigi low tier and that he said Biglou could never defeat him with Luigi :)
;________________________;

I did say that.

That being said, Luigi's potential lies in his really stupid jab, creatively using his bad traction, and smart use of an underrated projectile (and I don't mean his body, hah). You need to discuss this.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I always found his projectile fairly useful, it's not bad at all.

TreK

Is "that guy"
;________________________;

I did say that.

That being said, Luigi's potential lies in his really stupid jab, creatively using his bad traction, and smart use of an underrated projectile (and I don't mean his body, hah). You need to discuss this.
DO NOT forget the taunt.

yoshq

Smash Master
which Luigi mains are going to Apex?

i might be going, idk for sure yet.
I am

Oh ****! Luigi representation at MLG confirmed. Who else is going? Anybody?
ya

lemme say a bit about BigLou+MLG

biglou is ****ing amazing

boss
-
-
biglou
-
-
jband
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
hippie
-
luigiking
-
polmex
-
themann

etc

that being said

mikehaze did not know the matchup at all, didn't know he could upb out of the jab upb, got misfired once in each set, and after the first set, neo stepped up and asked biglou for a friendly, which he 2(?) stocked lou in.
atomsk got ***** (2 stock, 2 shoryuken) as d3, then switched to mk, and was winning, but at the last stock, forgot to shield the ledge drop jump firball jab upb, or didn't know he could.
everything else that happened was legit.
mikehaze did get *****, even if it was in a matchup he didn't know. the tvs apparently had 3 frames of lag... so maybe he couldn't upb out of the jab upb? which he got hit by 2+ times.

vs esam, biglou got knocked off the edge without a second jump, and had to use his nado, which he did successfully and recovered, but it lost him the momentum and confidence, and this was the last stock last game.

anyway biglou is really ****ing good lol.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I am

ya

lemme say a bit about BigLou+MLG

biglou is ****ing amazing

boss
-
-
biglou
-
-
jband
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
hippie
-
luigiking
-
polmex
-
themann

etc

that being said

mikehaze did not know the matchup at all, didn't know he could upb out of the jab upb, got misfired once in each set, and after the first set, neo stepped up and asked biglou for a friendly, which he 2(?) stocked lou in.
atomsk got ***** (2 stock, 2 shoryuken) as d3, then switched to mk, and was winning, but at the last stock, forgot to shield the ledge drop jump firball jab upb, or didn't know he could.
everything else that happened was legit.
mikehaze did get *****, even if it was in a matchup he didn't know. the tvs apparently had 3 frames of lag... so maybe he couldn't upb out of the jab upb? which he got hit by 2+ times.

vs esam, biglou got knocked off the edge without a second jump, and had to use his nado, which he did successfully and recovered, but it lost him the momentum and confidence, and this was the last stock last game.

anyway biglou is really ****ing good lol.
wtf @ that random list xD

a marth doesnt WANT to upB out of the jab+UpB, because if a Luigi anticipates it (which most Luigi players should by now) he can just PS the UpB. I saw Boss do it in a vid and it pretty much changed my view on how Marth reacts to jab+UpB

That being said, i dont see how mikeHaze could get Luigi exp, so he probably just took it because he didnt know what to do. What I'm saying though is that it wouldnt make much of a difference since BigLou would've just adapted to UpBing out of the jab and PS'ed it. Once a Marth UpBs incorrectly, he's fuhcked LOL.

Top Bottom