• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

TheMike

Smash Lord
I also understant you, but we need to post somewhere for people to see that we are doing a Combo Video. Otherwise, they won't post their clips. And maybe we can discuss songs and combo video name here in the social, if that's possible, PhamtomX or hippiedude: please change this thread's title so that people can see that we are doing a Combo Video!

TreK

Is "that guy"
Clips tier list :

Bottom tier :
sandbags
low tier :
wifi
mid tier :
combo
high tier :
combo to death
top tier :
0 to death
Sexy tier :
0 to death on the last stock

AxelPurpleMissle

Smash Journeyman
you didn't put online on your tier list. Btw epic funny things can happen Online even though its not a real offline 100% match. (Even though theres lag or no lag, its still wifi I guess)

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
I would hate to be the one in the video that got combo'd to death in like 7-10 seconds. that would tear me up on the inside lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
if anyone wants to Luigi ditto, it's the ONLY match-up I can do on my wii now...my wii is fuhckeds.

hit me up via PM or on AIM:zhaoguang321

i think i can give some useful tips too :)

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Hey Yoshq are there any Wisconsin tournaments going on in mid may? I'm going with my brother to Illinois (hes moving there for grad school) and I thought I miiiight be able to hit up the smash scene if I'm free. It'll be like the weekend of May 22nd. We are going through Wisconsin to stop by some of my dad's family or something, so its still up in the air lol.

yoshq

Smash Master
Hey Yoshq are there any Wisconsin tournaments going on in mid may? I'm going with my brother to Illinois (hes moving there for grad school) and I thought I miiiight be able to hit up the smash scene if I'm free. It'll be like the weekend of May 22nd. We are going through Wisconsin to stop by some of my dad's family or something, so its still up in the air lol.
definitely, but not everything is scheduled yet. illinois also has a bigger smash scene than wisconsin actually. i'll let you know as stuff is scheduled.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So yeah, anyways I barely post in the weegee boards I know (not that many people do lol) but I thought I'd throw this out there for the hell of it. Posting it here instead of some random other thread since it's probably already general knowledge and I'm just behind the curve again.

People know that FF weak Nair -> UpB is legit at low to mid percents right? Becuase I've been throwing that out there in some of my recent games and it helps rack on some extra damage/ kills off halbard fairly easily. It works on pretty much everyone in the game from 0-30% (though there are exeptions) and on some fast fallers/ people who straighten up as they are hit from 0-50%. Sometimes this overlaps with kill percentages like on Fox and Meta etc. If that wasn't already known by everyone have fun abusing it, if everyone already knew then no big suprise lol. If it's really that earth shattering I can make an actual thread about it with data or something.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
definitely, but not everything is scheduled yet. illinois also has a bigger smash scene than wisconsin actually. i'll let you know as stuff is scheduled.
Thank you! <3

which Luigi mains are going to Apex?

i might be going, idk for sure yet.
I'm going to be living in Maryland (if all goes as planned) by then next summer so I'll probably go if I can get a ride. I would cream my pants if we could hang out IRL zhao! If we all get to apex we need me/zhao/hippy hangout time. :)

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
well, i'm no pro but the FF weak nair>up B jdietz mentioned seems legit. i haven't thoroughly tested it. but my friend's fox and wolf both ate it :p

Suspect

Smash Hero
I srk'd a fox and wolf at the same time in a team tournament once, it was so nasty. poor space animals...

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
It seems to work on basicly everyone to 30%, a friend attmepted DI and was unsuccessful but as you know that may mean nothing without real testing. Pretty much everyone but Kirby, Samus, and Jiggs etc. they're too light for it to work beyond 15-20%. Captain Falcon goes to like 60% though lol.

I'm sure some people won't care whether it works or not, but I figure a 31% Nair is fine by me.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
so which characters did it overlap into kill percent with? besides the obvious *coughspaciescough*

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll have to get back to you on that. Right now I'm busy hyping for YoshQ. He's up against MikeHaze in two matches in MLG. And as you probably already know Marth is deadly on Luigi.

I'll feed you this tidbit though, on Halberd MK does overlap into kill percents with no/bad DI, though I haven't gotten a second person to test with as of yet. I doubt he'd die with good DI, though off the top platform it's probably more reasonable.

Fox, Falco, Mario, Pit, Falcon, Ganon all of the top of my head are a solid bet as they work to high percents though I'll get back with some actual percent estimates later.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yeah Big Lou got top 8...

Wow I hope MLG was recording the matches (even if they weren't streaming them, I hope they were recording them and will release them if Nintendo gives permission).

I wanna actually SEE with my own eyes Luigi beating top Marth's and MKs...

EDIT: So... Big Lou, after beating some of the best Marth's and MKs (Idk how many good MKs he played, but I know he beat Atomsk) ends up losing to Pikachu lol.

Top Bottom