• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
My friend torrented a copy, so I got to play some. Controls are good. Fighting enemies can actually be a little challenging. Defeating some of them itself is like a puzzle. The gamecube like polygon count got to me a little bit. Maybe because I had just finished playing Sonic Generations which is BEAUTIFUL before going to Skyward Sword. Also didn't help that I played on an ugly TV screen. It blurred a lot and stuff like red text was hard to read.

...Also I died once in the first dungeon.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I couldn't help but read the spoilers, I am not digging some of the stuff they did, I really wanna cry because I still can't get the game until the 20th......

Ecks

Smash Lord
I got to try the leak too (stopped right before the part shown at e3 demo/trailer where you have to chase some bird). I had about 2 solid hours of running around, learning how to use the sword (very fun and easy), talking to every possible person, trying to go assassins creed on the walls, listening to the bgm, going inside all the houses I could, etc.

The game felt really good, zelda's model looks gorgeous, and overall the game looked really good with component cables (played it on an a led hdtv 1080p, about 28") from a good 6-8 feet away from the screen (the game seems to have a filter of sorts which I noticed when the screen got dark, or maybe I just imagined the whole thing, could have been the tv for all I know lol). I was being held back by my friend's defective M+ controller but since I preorded the golden remote bundle, I won't be having that problem. :D

...Did I mention how much I love Zelda's model?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I prefer the more mature look of Zelda in Ocarina and TP. I feel like with the SS version, I'm gonna keep thinking in my head, "Excuuuuuuse me, Princess."

etecoon

Smash Hero
SS Zelda is by far my favorite one in the series. I'm not sure what it is, but she is just so endearing to me this time around.
she's the cutest and because the game isn't actually out yet(damn swedes...), we don't know that she's a massive **** up(pretty much everything that went wrong in OoT was zelda's fault)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
SS Zelda has this childish and playful feel to her, but you have to take her serious considering her status.

SS Link is also cool as hell(fridge?) not to forget

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Personally I'm not a fan of SS Zelda. Like... TP Zelda was beautiful. SS Zelda... just isn't. She doesn't have the same air to her.

Also SS Link is okay, but I definitely prefer previous incarnations. The shading and such just throws me off.

Ecks

Smash Lord
My problem with Link are his lips. i don't hate his lips, they're just odd. Other than that, he looks ok to me. As for Zelda, I really like SS the most lol.

Anyway, I've been meaning to comment on the trees. Have you guys seen them yet? If not then I won't say anything yet. But when I looked at them from above I just went O_o.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I think I still have to give okami my favorite style ever but SS is pretty damn high up there, the next week is going to be miserable : (

Ecks

Smash Lord
Oh I wasn't saying they're bad. The trees are also part of the style and they do look good. What I found strange was that they're just a bunch of sprites in every direction (Like that tree in brawl's battlefield stage) which is something I hadn't seen since the ps1 and n64. Again, they don't look bad at all and it's definitively part of the art style.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
You have to consider that they want to make the game run as fluently as possible. Things like that usually don't bother players a lot yet saves lots a polygons.
Looking at how nice the models look in SS and considering Wii hardware, then finally factoring in the fact that there are quite a lot of trees, I feel that it was rather something required than a free choice.

I'll also be getting this game November 18, y'all jelly? :3

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've already played this game, earlier today. YOU jelly?

The render distance is weird. Models at a distance become watercolor splotches.

Not a spolier, but I'll be careful anyways.
The introduction segment is rather lengthy for a Zelda game. It doesn't really drop you into the game as much as other Zeldas do.

:phone:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Oh I wasn't saying they're bad. The trees are also part of the style and they do look good. What I found strange was that they're just a bunch of sprites in every direction (Like that tree in brawl's battlefield stage) which is something I hadn't seen since the ps1 and n64. Again, they don't look bad at all and it's definitively part of the art style.
They actually do this in a lot of good looking games for the PS3/360, they just hide it well.

I can name Gran Turismo 5, Forza 4 and even Dark Souls from the top of my head

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've already played this game, earlier today. YOU jelly?

The render distance is weird. Models at a distance become watercolor splotches.

Not a spolier, but I'll be careful anyways.
The introduction segment is rather lengthy for a Zelda game. It doesn't really drop you into the game as much as other Zeldas do.

No not really because I decided not to torrent that shiz to keep make the golden pre-order thing more epic ;D

I did know about that render distance, I don't mind really. Like I said, it's probably just really hard to get such graphics on the Wii without setting some limitations. Doesn't bother me, really.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I like the draw distance thing as a stylistic effect, much less jarring that way than when WW fuzzes everything out or objects suddenly appear in OoT/MM(though it works in MM because that game is strange and jarring to begin with...)

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Guys, I've been raging so hard in the past two days. People on every forum I go to are bragging about playing the leaked version.

i mad

I've never actually been mad about someone saying they've pirated a game except for this one.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
When I get the bundle pack (nov 20) i might roll with a crew, never know if someone will try 2 jump you... Atleast in that neighborhood e.e

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
No one is going to ****ing steal your Legend of Zelda bundle pack LMAO

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Maybe. I'm liking Skyrim and Batman. Let's not forget about the earlier releases like Portal 2.

Though Uncharted 2's rap was the best.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
New game play mechanic in Skyward Sword. You guys didn't hear?

Link must now pee 3 times a day and poop once a day to keep his clothes from degrading. If his clothes "degrade" too much as a result of soiling himself, you lose the ability to interact with other characters... as soon as they smell you, they run.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Well...erm...ok I guess. Seems like Nintendo is taking this RPG realism aspect to the extreme a little. This isn't the Sims or anything but I guess we'll see how it goes?

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
So the soundtrack has been ripped. Files don't have the track names, but it's enough to hold me until next week.

Credits theme is pretty obvious though. And while the orchestra is awesome.....I find TP's credits theme to be better. Could be because it's more emotional.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You don't actually have to use the toilet, it's just a joke. You can sit on it whenever and when you get up, it'll make a flushing noise. :201l::201o::201l:

kupo15

Smash Hero
That's a relief. I knew the game was going in a different direction and that Link needed to be more realistic like sleep, I didn't know how far they were going since I try not to keep up with spoilers:embarrass:

etecoon

Smash Hero
eh, you pretty much know what to expect from TES, just like TP was like replaying the same game many of us had played so many times before. repetitive sequels aren't anything unusual in gaming these days(and the consumers are feeding this, MW3 sells 9mil on day one WTF)

Top Bottom