• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
So, I accidently stumbled on something from 4Chan that is supposedly from a press copy.

HUGE HUGE HUGE SPOILERS IF TRUE!!!

I don't know how to do the hide spoiler thing but if you want the link to the website (no pun intended) then message me, this is really huge and the only hint I'm giving is Skyward ending and how it connects to ALL of the Zelda titles.

Once again, I am not 100% sure this is true but some of these have already been confirmed.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
If that is the same "leak" that I'm thinking of, I'm 100% sure it is absolute rubbish based off of information that we DO know about the game. Though, I only heard it deconfirmed from a person who claims to be working on the official strategy guide for the game.

but, that was a while ago, I'm sure there could be more "4chan leaks" in the time since and you could be referring to another "spoiler".

Spire

III
BRoomer
Holy crap spoiler tags everywhere.

Consider me gone until the game is finally out.
I have to blur my vision when reading this thread because people sometimes forget to put spoiler tags on things. I should just stay out of it entirely.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
LT can you send me the link (no pun) to the deconfirmation. Because these spoilers kinda made me cry...

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Well, my source isn't any more official than the 4chan one. This was a person on another forum I frequent. He could very well be lying.

While I highly doubt it, I would really love if the ending stuff turns out to be true. Still, I just don't think Nintendo would do something like that.

Master Slice

Smash Apprentice
I agree with you, but I think an ending like that would completely make sense and reshape the way we view the Zelda series as a whole.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Well damn, I'm interested in this possible development. Spoilers paradoxically help me become more immersed in the game, so reading up on this wouldn't bother me in the slightest, it being true or false regardless.

etecoon

Smash Hero
none of the major retailers I know of are doing it, I probably will have to wait until 7 :(

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm pretty certain my Gamestop said they're having a midnight release. I'll have to check up with them.

etecoon

Smash Hero
apparently the entire text of the game was contained in the demo and it's been hacked, going to be difficult to avoid spoilers now...

Spire

III
BRoomer
And don't post them here :mad:

If you absolutely must, put in both
and
tags por favor!

escro

Smash Ace
yeah use this time to replay all the other games to refresh your zelda knowledge so it makes the story more enjoyable when you play skyward sword.

etecoon

Smash Hero
already replayed most of them at some point this year, I just never beat MC in the first place because at some point I was in a place where I had no idea what to do and talking to every single NPC in the game didn't even help...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Guys. if any of you hear of this leaked SS stuff, it's just the E3 demo that got leaked, NOT the full game. Nothing particularly special.

Absolutely anything gleaned from it should be taken with as MUCH salt as possible.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the entire text of the game was contained within it, just like with complete games there are often many files still on the disc that aren't used, they didn't clean up all of the data

that being said you can take it with some salt because it is at least a bit outdated, it was from 2010. trying to avoid as much of it as possible anyway but already seen a few little things...

D

Deleted member

So I love how Kotaku is trying to spoil as much of the game as possible before it comes out.

I mean, yeah, it's cool that you're showing off little things that you feel Zelda fans will appreciate from the game, but let me appreciate it when I actually PLAY the game.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Dude I know. I'm not opening any more zelda related kotaku articles because of the article they posted earlier saying they're gonna show bits of the game beforehand.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I've already read up on the entire game progression etc
I don't really care, the experience will be amazing either way.

I plan on completing it with just the main storyline and then doing a hard-mode run (hardmode is confirmed, removes heart drops etc) and trying to do all the sideQ's.
Story is nice. Not saying more than that.

Ecks

Smash Lord
The Kotaku videos are just 30 seconds long and show simple, yet interesting things. One shows a bit of the forest, one shows Link walking on a rope (which everyone already knew about) etc. Not spoilers at all IMO. And about 15 seconds of the videos are a black screen with a description of what they're about to show you.

+ for hard mode.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I'm REALLY hyped for Hard Mode and all the sidequests.

REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY

Gonna be a hard time balancing everything and skyward sword, but I got my priorities straight.
skyward sword (what were you expecting?)

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm pretty much going to be playing the game for a straight 72 hours, pausing only to sleep, eat, excrete waste, and possibly watch a little football

priorities are overrated

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm enjoying hanging around the Gamefaqs boards. Some review sites have been giving it an 8 or 9, and people are like "OMG! HOW DO YOU GIVE THE BEST ZELDA GAME A 9???"

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I hate how I can't get this on release day... stupid rent and stuff ****** my wallet.

At least I'll have 3Dland to tide me over until I can afford it.

This marks the 1st Zelda game ever I won't get at release, not counting ones where I wasn't born/less than like... 3 years old or the CD-i ones... Kinda sucks :(

Top Bottom