• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword - NO SPOILERS, USE THE SPOILER THREAD PLEASE

Clownbot

Smash Lord
So far, we only know that it's not TP Link and that the girl probably has something to do with the Master Sword.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Just to let people know, if they do find something interesting concerning Zelda Wii, (interview, video, etc.) post it here and I'll put it in the OP.

Scott!

Smash Lord
She looks more like the Great Fairy Queen. And of course, the Master Sword. I still think her feet are the tip and her head/neck/torso are the hilt, but that's sure to be argued until we learn more about the game.

Mewter

Smash Master
"Zelda Wii Disucssion"
The title is misspelled. :laugh:

Anyways, I'd like to see how this turns out. It'd be pretty cool if this really was OoT Link, but I wouldn't bet on it being him.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward to this, a new Zelda game is all I need *.* Is it just me or does Link look a bit older? Hmm...

XACE-K

Smash Master
"Zelda Wii Disucssion"
The title is misspelled. :laugh:

Anyways, I'd like to see how this turns out. It'd be pretty cool if this really was OoT Link, but I wouldn't bet on it being him.
Whoops. Thanks for pointing that out.

Azure Flame

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think this means anything isn't the basic "ZELDA" text supposed to be red, so why is it blue now? Any thoughts?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see some new, inventive weapons in this game

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I really don't think this means anything isn't the basic "ZELDA" text supposed to be red, so why is it blue now? Any thoughts?
It's happened before, actually. The title was purple for MM, because Majora's Mask was (for the most part) purple. Therefore, the color of the title probably pertains to the girl in the concept art somehow, which implies a major role in the game for her.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It's also got a metallic look to it.

I'm guessing they are putting emphasis on the Master Sword.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's also got a metallic look to it.

I'm guessing they are putting emphasis on the Master Sword.
Or more prominently, the seeming lack thereof. Of course, the Master Sword is most likely the girl seen in the picture with Link, but I'm pretty sure that they're emphasizing the Master Sword by Link not holding the Master Sword, if that makes any sense.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Really, I don't care what they do with the new Zelda as long as:

1. There's orchestrated music.
2. The bosses aren't laughably easy like in the Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
I'd expect orchestrated music. If the bosses in WW and TP didn't suit your tastes, I wouldn't get my hopes up (as great as it would be to have more difficult bosses).

Mewter

Smash Master
The color for the text looks more or less a metallic silver color, like the girl in the picture/sword.

I would love for this game to have excellent dungeons, great puzzles, and more "combos" or special moves with the Master Sword, like in WW and TP. If possible, they could make Link wield two swords, maybe (just to put more ideas out there)?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought the bosses in TP were harder than WW...

Especially the dragon skeleton thing... It was quite annoying

Clownbot

Smash Lord
If possible, they could make Link wield two swords, maybe (just to put more ideas out there)?
This.

They also need to give Link different "drives", one of which is kind of like Dark Link, Link has to travel the whole land of Hyrule with two friends, and....

Oh, yeah, we need Disney characters, too.

If I sounded rude, I was only saying that for the sake of joking. I like the idea.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How about Link having a sword and shield, a two handed sword, and two single handed swords as different options like how Link can weild different swords in Oot

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think it would be cool if Link could have different types of swords like a rapier, sabre, cutlass, etc and there would be a system where certain enemies would be weak to some and strong against others. I really liked how you could steal weapons from your enemies in the Wind Waker. Granted, it made killing some enemies way too easy but I think it would be cool if they brought the option back and gave the weapons more options like using a pike as a pole vault.

Add in: Truth be told, it was more that they made it way too obvious what you had to do to defeat the bosses and the bosses barely did any damage. Change those two things and everything will be gravy.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I think it would be cool if Link could have different types of swords like a rapier, sabre, cutlass, etc and there would be a system where certain enemies would be weak to some and strong against others. I really liked how you could steal weapons from your enemies in the Wind Waker. Granted, it made killing some enemies way too easy but I think it would be cool if they brought the option back and gave the weapons more options like using a pike as a pole vault.
Weapons to keep?

I don't want the game to be too close to it's predecessors, but the Master Sword should remain as the weapon of choice. There can still be all of those swords, but they should only be usable to a certain extent imo.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just wish you could keep the weapons that you steal...

Maybe in the least they can last for a while like the Giant's Knife and break after a time.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Weapons to keep?

I don't want the game to be too close to it's predecessors, but the Master Sword should remain as the weapon of choice. There can still be all of those swords, but they should only be usable to a certain extent imo.
I was thinking that certain enemies would carry them and then you'd have the option of using them for the rest of the temple. As I said before, I like the idea of being able to use enemy weapons as a way to solve puzzles or find secret routes.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I like the idea of holding onto enemies' weapons. Maybe only being able to carry one at a time? That would be awesome, especially if multiple different ones were needed to solve different puzzles in a dungeon. Of course, then they'd need to not vanish if you leave the room, or the enemies respawn.

Also, his fighting stance and style should adjust depending on what he picks up. Like, if he gets a spear, he should be able to throw it. Larger swords would need 2 hands, smaller ones could be dual-wielded.

Also, the hookshot/clawshot should take some more of the mechanics of the grapple hook. In TP, Link could hang from one and climb it. I think he should be able to swing from them too. *Imagines swinging from dual clawshots like a monkey in the jungle.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Weapons to keep?

In Ocarina of Time, only Link the Master Sword could defeat Ganon. That's probably the way it'll stay, even though the other weapons could be much better in some regards. The Master Sword'll still be the blade of evil's bane when it comes right down to it in the final battle.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Agreed. I'm tired of wielding a sword and sheild most of the time with the occasional whatever weapon you found in a dungeon.

Well whatever the girl may be, she'll probably be the weapon of choice.

Difficulty settings, please
QFT.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I could care less if all the weapons were the same as before. I just want CHALLENGING COMBAT. I miss the days of fighting bosses that killed you three times before you scraped by with half a heart left. This is why I still prefer Metroid Prime games over Zelda. Metroid follows a similar formula to Zelda, but Metroid is actually hard once in a while (and even features a Hard Mode).

Spire

III
BRoomer
I could care less if all the weapons were the same as before. I just want CHALLENGING COMBAT. I miss the days of fighting bosses that killed you three times before you scraped by with half a heart left. This is why I still prefer Metroid Prime games over Zelda. Metroid follows a similar formula to Zelda, but Metroid is actually hard once in a while (and even features a Hard Mode).
Ten times totally.

I dream of the day that Nintendo decides to bundle an unlockable "Master Quest" mode in a Zelda game after beating it. Similar to what Phantasy Star Online did with its "Ultimate" difficulty setting, atmospheric effects could change also to give the sense of a newer experience, along with altered and entirely new enemies, completely redesigned dungeons (plus a couple of extra MQ-exclusive dungeons), much more difficult boss fights, and new MQ-exclusive items.

Hell, know what they need to do? Make a Zelda game that actually changes with the seasons of the real world (like Animal Crossing), so year-round, it will change, giving you a reason to replay the game a million times. You could beat it all within three or four days in Spring, and in the game, everything would be in bloom, certain creatures relevant only to this time would appear in certain places; certain characters might be featured, etc. Then, if you come back and play it in Summer, Fall, or Winter, you'd have a totally different experience, encountering different enemies (not all, but some seasonal-exclusives get switched out), different people, and have access to different areas. Perhaps in Winter, a certain pathway is blocked off by an avalanche, so in order to access it, you'd have to actually wait til Spring.

With that being said, the path from beginning-to-end of game would never be blocked off - just extra things. There could also be a masterful collector's list a la Animal Crossing's Fish and Bug charts, where certain species can only be caught at certain points throughout the year.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
We need enemies that are frustrating to kill (in a good way). Metroid accomplishes this by having Samus and pirates usually exchange hits rather than have her just obliterate them cleanly. Granted, you can get away with that if you fire from a hiding spot, but that is not always an option, y'know? Zelda needs more enemies that require Link to expose himself in order to get them to expose themselves. Enough of the disarm-and-dispatch combo once you find their weaknesses. A prime example would be the shield pirates in Metroid Prime 3. Samus had to focus on yanking that shield off while being shot by other pirates.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Hell, know what they need to do? Make a Zelda game that actually changes with the seasons of the real world (like Animal Crossing), so year-round, it will change, giving you a reason to replay the game a million times. You could beat it all within three or four days in Spring, and in the game, everything would be in bloom, certain creatures relevant only to this time would appear in certain places; certain characters might be featured, etc. Then, if you come back and play it in Summer, Fall, or Winter, you'd have a totally different experience, encountering different enemies (not all, but some seasonal-exclusives get switched out), different people, and have access to different areas. Perhaps in Winter, a certain pathway is blocked off by an avalanche, so in order to access it, you'd have to actually wait til Spring.
Sounds cool. But of course, people will time jump just so they could get to these places.

We need enemies that are frustrating to kill (in a good way). Metroid accomplishes this by having Samus and pirates usually exchange hits rather than have her just obliterate them cleanly. Granted, you can get away with that if you fire from a hiding spot, but that is not always an option, y'know? Zelda needs more enemies that require Link to expose himself in order to get them to expose themselves. Enough of the disarm-and-dispatch combo once you find their weaknesses. A prime example would be the shield pirates in Metroid Prime 3. Samus had to focus on yanking that shield off while being shot by other pirates.
QFT. Why does it always seem Nintendo incorperates a feature into one franchise yet doesn't for another that could use it just as well?

Spire

III
BRoomer
QFT. Why does it always seem Nintendo incorperates a feature into one franchise yet doesn't for another that could use it just as well?
Because Americans made Metroid Prime. Specifically Texans! Go Retro being in Austin!

Spire

III
BRoomer
Does anyone else agree that Zelda Wii may take place before OoT, explaining the creation of the Master Sword?
Never thought of it that way. Seeing as how no one aside from the developers can know where it takes place, I'll adopt this just for the hell of it.

Frown

poekmon
True. Have you tried fighting Mogenar from MP3 on the hardes difficulty?

Top Bottom