• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hello, Online Community!

This will be the general social thread where you can talk about anything that has to do about anything with substance.

Ground Rules:
#1: THE GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE.
This should be simple enough. Just because it's a general/social thread does not mean spam, double posting, etc... are all game. They aren't.
#2: Don't reply to people who obviously didn't see rule #1.
This should also be simple. If someone comes in and is like "Lol, Post Count +1", ignore them and pretend it never happened. They'll get infracted and as long as you don't respond to them and egg them on or join in, you won't.
#3: Try to keep things on whatever the current subject is.
This isn't too strict of a rule, but if there is productive discussion going on, try not to derail it and ruin it for everyone else, okay?

Do not abuse this.
This is not a spam thread
. :mad:

GLYPH EDIT: And now, if I may, I'm going to change things up just a little bit. It has come to my attention that over the course of this thread, the majority of the topics that have anything even remotely to do with Online discussion have been exhausted. That being that case, I've decided that you're old enough to have this be a legitimate SOCIAL thread.

Now what does that entail, exactly? First off, the global rules STILL APPLY. DON'T BREAK THOSE OR I WILL DO THE SAME TO YOUR FACE WITH MY BANHAMMER. Other than that, simply don't spam (I know its hard to define what's spam and isn't spam where there isn't a set topic in a thread, but I've spent a LOT of time in social threads, I know what to look for. Pretty much as long as you're here because you feel you're a member of this community, and NOT looking to pad your post count, you'll be fine)

So to summarize:

-Topics have been extended to whatever you'd like to discuss WITHIN THE GLOBAL RULES
-So long as actual discussion is taking place here, there will be no infractions
-Don't post just for the sake of posting

Have fun!

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
The only thing Im really fustrated with are the lag and items. Taunt parties its nice to have fun even once in a while plus if you havent realize for the people who arent naturally talented but are understanding the game as time goes on can help you get better in building your dodging and defense when they triple team you(oh and for those people who have those repeated triple teamed matches well I apologize). Camping well its apart of the game just mentioned above it happens in numerous games as well

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
If I play on Final Destination one more time, I am going to barf.
Please there are like 40 other stages in the game, chose a different one that isn't so bland!
Taunt parties are fun, when there is a hacker involved, and when people start exploiting glitches.

Zekirra

Smash Rookie
I found myself laughing very loudly when reading that :laugh: I couldn't agree more.
I am a taunt party person. One person had a USB gecko or something cause he/she got us to play on the online practice stage. 'Twas awesome.

Ademo

Smash Apprentice
Please there are like 40 other stages in the game, chose a different one that isn't so bland!
Taunt parties are fun, when there is a hacker involved, and when people start exploiting glitches.
Just keep on selecting Summit.
Pisses everyone off.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
The thing that I most detest about the online is full fledged spammers. Not only do they spam, but also they do it well and know how to use it correctly most of the time >_< .

Once I did face a hacker among Wi-Fi but he didn't use any of the cheap codes that cause havoc like Wario/Giga Bowser. He just switched all the pokeballs to Manaphys. Also, he used the Wi-Fi music modifier to change it to Target Test melody. It was bodacious. He was the only hacker I've ever faced too.

Oh, also I despise items and lag too. Both do not help anyone on any side on some cases.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I wanna complain about online in general now.

Not a minute ago I literally walked off a ledge to end a match.

WALKED OFF A LEDGE AND FELL TO MY DEATH

The stock before that, I was Wifi-killed via grab release on the edge. I airdodged underneath Smashville.

T_____________________T

I hate online Brawl.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I have a few, just to state them.

"I could've stagespiked him! What is wrong with me?!"

"**** you three-teamers, DIE~!"

Thats about it.

mofo_

Smash Ace
lulz.....
sometimes when i do ledge get up attack/or jab combo with my back to the edge, it lags and they shield and i end up nairing to my death!

Mumble

Smash Apprentice
I only play 1 vs. 1 with reputable opponents generally from the same state.
And it still sucks.
I tried wifi out for the first time at my friends house on his wii the other day,
and I figured things would go better if I just went 1v1 with people.
Of course I was wrong, and was actually kind of thankful I don't have wifi at my house :p

RumPuffin

Smash Rookie
Honestly gentlemen, items are part of smash's charm, for a 1v1 items do ruin it, but for FFA or just casual brawl items I think lend to the game.

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
lol. epic thread. Anyway lag kills it for me.

I also hate those FD only type people. I understand the love of a stage, but seriously. Some people don't like gay edges. Also, variety is nice.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I main Mario and Falco on Wifi >_>

/rant

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Trying to dash grab and running past them :/.

Sidedodges and Roll dodges = Cannot punish on wifi.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I also hate those FD only type people. I understand the love of a stage, but seriously. Some people don't like gay edges. Also, variety is nice.
I personally would rather every match be on FD or maybe Battlefield, not because I like them more, but because I can't stand trying to have a 2 minute match on a gimmick stage. I prefer to just fight people, not the stage itself. And the huge stages are even worse, what good is a 2 minute match on the Temple? It's almost always a sudden death or one person wins with a single KO.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The only thing that bothers me is the button latency. I could play someone in Mexico and it be ok, but if I play someone in Tennessee (bordered to Georgia) it is extremely irresponsive.

Oh yeah, and I hate FD-only people, too. As well as No-items people.

bobson

Smash Lord
I personally would rather every match be on FD or maybe Battlefield, not because I like them more, but because I can't stand trying to have a 2 minute match on a gimmick stage. I prefer to just fight people, not the stage itself. And the huge stages are even worse, what good is a 2 minute match on the Temple? It's almost always a sudden death or one person wins with a single KO.
There are plenty of non-gimmick stages that aren't Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination Final Destination FINAL DESTINATION FINAL DESTINATION FINAL DESTINATION FINAL DESTINATION FINAL DESTINATION FINAL DESTINATION FINAL DESTINATION NAARRRNGGNGFLBDS

The guitar solo is burned into my brain. Burned. It sears.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I don't understand how they made the wifi this bad. On other wii games it is pretty good, but for brawl it just sucks.
I agree with UltraNova. We might as well accept the buttrape.

Brawl was rushed, and it isn't exactly simple like other wifi games like MKWii. Sakurai didn't really go all out with the wifi, because what if its wifi was perfect? Most players wouldn't even bother going to live tourneys, and he didnt want the game to be competetive in the first place. It's been more than a year. We can't do anything about it.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Final Destinations spammers are bad enough but why don't they ever change their song? I use music hacks online so I don't have to deal with it 1/4 (chances of being host to get the hack working) of the time. Speaking of music hacks, it's fun to see a person confused on why Fire Field is playing on Yoshi's Island.
I haven't had lag in ages and I have at least 100 or so battles on With Anyone a week. Currently at 12000 battles (Basic Brawl) btw.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Items by themselves aren't bad. It's when you ONLY have bombs and food and bunny hoods. That irritates me soooo much. And, the dumb Temple stages over and over and over and over again when no one kills anybody. Taunt parties make me gag, too. However, making unofficial alliances are cool...

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Items by themselves aren't bad. It's when you ONLY have bombs and food and bunny hoods. That irritates me soooo much. And, the dumb Temple stages over and over and over and over again when no one kills anybody. Taunt parties make me gag, too. However, making unofficial alliances are cool...
^^^ I agree with this paragraph. Except my biggest item pet peeves are cracker launchers and smart bombs, I'm not playing Brawl just to watch the entire stage explode every few seconds :psycho:

finalark

SNORLAX
Here's a problem I've always had. Every time I play basic Brawl there's always two guys that team up on me while one taunt spams in the corner. And the **** ******* always wins!

camelot

Smash Ace
The guy who spends half the match running away and taunting everyone, then runs back in when everyone's at a high % and gets all the kills...

Or the guy who gets 2 kills then runs away for the rest of the match so he can win.

BLAARRRGH @ runners

godofrock72

Smash Cadet
I found myself laughing very loudly when reading that :laugh: I couldn't agree more.
I am a taunt party person. One person had a USB gecko or something cause he/she got us to play on the online practice stage. 'Twas awesome.
I played on Target-Test #1. I don't even have Brawl+ or homebrew on my Wii, so how did they get my Wii to render that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom