• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
No; you are used to the lag. Well, sometimes I notice I'm almost lagless...
I mean bad lag. I haven't even had medium lag. I notice sometimes there's a little lag and rarely button lag. There's always a little lag online but it's not as much as it used to be. I remember fighting people with connections so bad, 2 minute FFAs became 10 minutes.
I see a lot of people hating on taunt spammers. I guess I consider myself one but if my sister is playing and one taunter is being mean then we beat him up. We end up beating up around 90% of taunt spammers for being mean nowadays, even when we're alone. Yesterday some guy tried to become a taunt spammer because he kept getting beaten up. Pathetic. My sister continued beating him up anyways but everyone else believed the fake taunt spammer and beat her up. The first battle she beat all of them and the second one she got second in Sudden Death. Nowadays I think the only reason people taunt spam is because they suck and need help.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
How hard is it to turn the console off when your done playing!?
This is very annoying, waiting for a match to start should take 5-10 seconds, but becomes a 2 minute wait! Cheap players ALWAYS go after the "away" player for cheap points, too. Since they can't actually fight someone whose playing. -_-
----
And can we avoid using the same characters? It's annoying. I also hate it when people win, and then to be total d**** chose the same character as me, and win again, just to rub it in.
----
And random disconnections, followed by that guy that keeps aiming after me when I'm using Bowser in a FFA....

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I also hate it when people win, and then to be total d**** chose the same character as me, and win again, just to rub it in.
I hate that too. But what I hate more is when a scrub loses to me and then brings out my character and wins only by 1 point because his teammate was better than mine or some ******** items are turned on. That only goes for team battles, in FFA it's not a problem really.

followed by that guy that keeps aiming after me when I'm using Bowser in a FFA
Lol, I love playing as Ganondorf once in awhile for that very reason; some cocky Marth will always stake me out when they see that I'm a slow character, and I almost always beat them up anyways. But then they get mad and bring out MK and whether they know what they're doing or not, Ganondorf stands very little chance >.<

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
That is still considered lag : / Unfortunately, something we can never escape the wrath of.

Smash Emblem

Smash Rookie
Lag? Lag is my worst enemy when I am on Wi-Fi, even worse than my opponents. Spammers are no problem because there is always a way around that. Lag is pretty much inevitable.

gocubs44123

Smash Cadet
Chain Grabs are cheap. Nothing feels worse when your character gets grabbed by the IC's or DDD and you sit there helplessly watch your character get grabbed and grabbed again until they are smashed upwards or spiked to their death.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
... As well as No-items people.
ha well that's comforting, at least now I know of at least 2 people on this whole message board that have admitted items are fun and not gotten flamed for it.

oh wait, that was just you.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
I know this makes me a terrible person but sometimes when i feel like having a good laugh i pick Metaknight and play with anyone mode and all i do is prevent people from being able to hit each other and i just tornado every big character for 2 minutes straight. Over. and over again. i ONLY use tornado. I prevent people from being able to fight by tornadoing everybody. lol. ITS SO FUN. I'm pure evil sorry. Try it sometime if you'd like though it makes you feel like a terrible person and wifi is actually FUN!!

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Ohh, I wanna John too!
For me its the input lag :A:
especially for quick attack. I KNOW I MOVED THE CONTROL STICK TWICE......but no, obviously I didn't, so many times I've slowly floated to my death.
Also: I hate going to Fd over and over again.
Oh and one more thing: I hate encountering good team mates/ opponents and that there is no friend code request.....i still play with everyone in hopes of seeing them again.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Items- Another disadvantage to basic brawl. If you insist on playing it, then it is something you must deal with.
The items setting is chosen randomly between the settings that everyone in the game has.
Hence if everybody puts items off you'll just play with items off, so that's not much of an issue for me.

BUT, I'd like to add one more John to the list : the ****ing random cpu addition that ruins everything when I find someone cool in "with anyone" and I just can't have an entertaining 1v1.

Truly the most annoying feature in online mode.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
BUT, I'd like to add one more John to the list : the ****ing random cpu addition that ruins everything when I find someone cool in "with anyone" and I just can't have an entertaining 1v1.
Agreed.

I hate encountering good team mates/ opponents and that there is no friend code request.
God I hate that so much. I'm used to XBox Live where you can add anybody that you meet playing any game online, and there aren't different friend rosters and codes for each game... Wii online in general is just too disorganized and complicated, they didn't think it through and test it enough IMO.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Man I must have the worst luck ever on wifi...

I swear every time I meet someone who really ***** the **** out of me (lol not that im angry) I get d/c'd after one or two matches. **** you Sakurai, lol!

Seriously though Anyone else have the same bad luck?

This is from the other topic i made earlier, but was led to talk about this here instead so here it is.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Are you talking about with anyone?

If it's 1v1's are you getting disconnected because your opponent stopped playing? Or did the Wifi network just decide to kick you?

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
My thread covered three/fourths of those problems. I never really have problems with lag since it isn't that bad for me. Should I close my thread though?

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Are you talking about with anyone?

If it's 1v1's are you getting disconnected because your opponent stopped playing? Or did the Wifi network just decide to kick you?
I'm talking about on 'with anyone.'

I typically either screw around or beat up the other opponents, but the few times i actually meet someone on there that can not only beat me but completely pwn me i usually get disconnected after one or two rounds. It really sucks cause I really want to keep fighting the dude to learn how he's doing it and also to hopefully be able to beat him (after probably getting ***** several times over lol). When I d/c all of that falls apart and sometimes i found myself yelling at the tv in frustration, lol. The Internets will probably be the death of me I swear. :dizzy:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Ah, yeah that's either someone in the group's internet being bad or someone just quitting on you midgame which kicks everyone :/ It's pretty lame.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The items setting is chosen randomly between the settings that everyone in the game has.
Hence if everybody puts items off you'll just play with items off, so that's not much of an issue for me.

Truly the most annoying feature in online mode.
There is a 1/8 (12.5%) chance the other three players will all have their items set to off.

I hate when a CPU enters too! I would rather play 1v1v1 rather than with a CPU =P

pAce

Smash Cadet
If it's Basic Brawls then you don't need to john because they'll never know who you are. That and they are usually pretty easy to beat anyway.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
If it's Basic Brawls then you don't need to john because they'll never know who you are.
Lol, don't ruin our fun! This thread isn't five pages long for nothing :lick:

Of course they'll never know who you are, but that's sometimes the problem >.<

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
“Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

~Thankyou

ElDominio

Smash Journeyman
Grrr button lag.
Game runs fine, but there was button lag, I got buttraped

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Playing as Ike with input lag is terrible. I've conditioned myself in offline play so that I don't press A too much near an edge (since, if you get pushed off, Ike's nair = instant death), but with input lag it happens all too often when I'm just trying to jab or even shield grab someone.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
this is a bad idea. you've truncated this board into one thread. like your suggestion to move my recent thread to here.. it won't be coherent in here b/c this is a general discussion topic, not specific to what I (or anyone else who has a point to make about Brawl Online) was posting about. in fact, i'd say you've effectively ruined this board. good day, sir.

Chaco

Never Logs In
<.<

Well, it sure beats the ROFLSPAM in the boards here. It's going to be more organized. Learn to deal.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
this is a bad idea. you've truncated this board into one thread. like your suggestion to move my recent thread to here.. it won't be coherent in here b/c this is a general discussion topic, not specific to what I (or anyone else who has a point to make about Brawl Online) was posting about. in fact, i'd say you've effectively ruined this board. good day, sir.
Sorry you have a negative opinion of the general discussion/social thread, you bring up some good points. Allow me to help clarify some things.

This thread is to help create a more social atmosphere as opposed to the more informative atmosphere the rest of the forum is supposed to serve as. A topic such as "What comments are your friends using?" is a great question for socializing with those other users who play brawl online, although it being in its own thread isn't that helpful as it drowns out the more informative threads. This board is where people come to learn information regarding brawl online, and thus its most important that those threads are seen first. However, we know it's also important for users to socialize with one another as well, and thus this thread serves that purpose.

I hope you understand and aren't too bitter over your thread being locked. I hope you don't think this board is ruined because of this, as it still serves its purpose while allowing interaction between users to occur.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM on of the moderators of this specific board (located at the bottom of the page). :)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Sorry you have a negative opinion of the general discussion/social thread, you bring up some good points. Allow me to help clarify some things.

This thread is to help create a more social atmosphere as opposed to the more informative atmosphere the rest of the forum is supposed to serve as. A topic such as "What comments are your friends using?" is a great question for socializing with those other users who play brawl online, although it being in its own thread isn't that helpful as it drowns out the more informative threads. This board is where people come to learn information regarding brawl online, and thus its most important that those threads are seen first. However, we know it's also important for users to socialize with one another as well, and thus this thread serves that purpose.

I hope you understand and aren't too bitter over your thread being locked. I hope you don't think this board is ruined because of this, as it still serves its purpose while allowing interaction between users to occur.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM on of the moderators of this specific board (located at the bottom of the page). :)
You all are sellin' somthin' and I ain't buyin :p there's so many places on this board to chit-chat -this- board is usually dead, lol but at least it has ... had some fairly regular posters and whatnot, and I dunno, I think out of every topic I've created only 1 was technically SPAM (even though the mod failed to prove his case on that one :p) I'm not bitter at all I just think it's unnecessary to shut down topic creation in such a broad sweeping manner. from this point forward the only topics other than the stickied ones are gonna end up being ones that could probably have gone under the stickied ones. >< I agree it must get super tiring locking "looking for a good brawler pm me your bc" topics, and whatnot of course, but there's been some great threads on here that generate discussion of some kind, albeit less than other boards, it's been consitent and yet the discussions would have been less successful had they all been under 1 topic heading.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
I understand where you are coming from. I'll take this one step at a time.

I personally think, and have seen from other social/general discussion threads, that they are good at bringing more activity into the particular room. This thread allows for users to get to know each other based on an even more specific interest than just "smash bros". Whereas when there are many threads such as "Post the top 3 stages you fight on most on Wifi", it quickly degenerates into a 'list' topic. Where users will come in simply to list something without any true interaction. Whereas this thread allows the lists to occur, and also allows for further interaction.

I don't think Steel2nd was implying your thread was SPAM, just that it was now 'redundant' with the Social topic coming into existence. Also, if you ever have a thread locked and a moderator fails to convince you it was SPAM, please feel free to use the forum disputes section and I'm sure one of our admins will be happy to hear out your case.

I also don't believe this shuts down topic creation. It simply allows for more personal topics to come into here where you can better to get to know the community, and then allows for topics such as "How to improve your game using wifi" to exist as informative threads without being quickly pushed off the stage. It's important that users are able to come in and find the information they need. I do agree that this forum in particular has less possible informative topics, but that is simply the reason the board has remained so inactive.

I still think that there can be plenty of creative discussions going on in here, and that this board won't die out because some of the activity will no be constrained. I do agree however that the board was re-organized rather quickly/unexpectedly, so I don't blame you for questioning the sudden change. I simply think you should give it a chance and see how it turns out.

If you have any more questions/concerns, feel free to PM me and I'll talk it over with you some more. :)

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
no actually, that explains it well and I thank you for the detailed explanation. I will take your suggestion and try it out, I have to confess I'll be less apt to post for fear of hogging the stage so to speak, I find myself less apt to participate in social groups on these boards also because the topic at hand changes so quickly.. but I appreciate this opportunity, maybe we'll see more threads like what I've been wanting, Brawl Online Strategies...

hint hint :p

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I think part of the problem is that new members will continue to post new (and most likely uninformative) threads anyways, even with a general discussion sticky. :ohwell:

If the only new threads that are allowed to be posted are informative ones... well we're gonna see a lot of locked threads before one actually gets some action, and as a result, the current informative ones will get pushed down anyways.

I think another problem is that with all the locked posts and brushed-off questions/ideas (mostly questions) in general topics, people will be more hesitant to contribute for fear of getting shot down or ignored. This is only my opinion, no one can predict what people will do or how they feel about this. I just think that more negative repercussions will arise than positive ones due to this change.

To elaborate... I think this is trying to be too organized. Most users don't want a tight-knit forum, they want the freedom to ask a question where they want to and to chat and have discussions where they want to. I understand that it's easier for mods to answer questions and such this way, but if you let the question threads linger rather than closing them right away, experienced users will answer the questions and then the problem is solved, the poster is happy and the thread can be closed.

Again, just my opinion...

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1.I think part of the problem is that new members will continue to post new (and most likely uninformative) threads anyways, even with a general discussion sticky. :ohwell:

2.If the only new threads that are allowed to be posted are informative ones... well we're gonna see a lot of locked threads before one actually gets some action, and as a result, the current informative ones will get pushed down anyways.

3.I think another problem is that with all the locked posts and brushed-off questions/ideas (mostly questions) in general topics, people will be more hesitant to contribute for fear of getting shot down or ignored. This is only my opinion, no one can predict what people will do or how they feel about this. I just think that more negative repercussions will arise than positive ones due to this change.

4.To elaborate... I think this is trying to be too organized. Most users don't want a tight-knit forum, they want the freedom to ask a question where they want to and to chat and have discussions where they want to. I understand that it's easier for mods to answer questions and such this way, but if you let the question threads linger rather than closing them right away, experienced users will answer the questions and then the problem is solved, the poster is happy and the thread can be closed.

Again, just my opinion...

1. Thats why we have mods.

2. Personally I think topics such as the ~looking for brawlers~ topics should be deleted rather than just locked. That would solve that problem.

3. Well sure at first, that is how things always start out. But once people get use to the new changes and come to understand the rules that won't be much of a problem. Like Xiivi said, you should really just give it a chance.

4. The fact that it's easier to answer questions with a Q&A thread also implies that it is easier for questions to be answered. Having a bunch of two-post threads scattered across the forum is just far too chaotic. Indavidual users get much more benefit from a Q&A thread. Questions are answered far quicker because for one, the ~experienced users~ can go directly there and answer questions rather than keeping a look out for random question threads, and for two, common questions which have been answered before are posted on the front page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom