• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
sarcasm, whats that?
Some Dictionary said:
sarcasm |ˈsärˌkazəm|
noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt
Oh, unless you were being sarcastic about wanting to know what sarcasm meant. Or maybe you were being sarcastic because you thought that people would figure out you were sarcastically asking what sarcasm was and you wanted them to come back with a sarcastic reply that would continue to build in sarcasm, irony, contempt and outright ridiculousness until this entire thread was composed solely of sarcastic responses to sarcastic statements that were also responses to other sarcastic statements.

That was the longest run-on sentence I've ever typed.

I hope you enjoyed it, I tried to make as little sense as possible :)

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
somebody tell me olimar is wack!
Ummm let's see here... "Olimar is Wack." What now?!

@Steel2nd, I think what we need to get more active is some more serious threads. Something to bring out people. Instead of just posting their taunts and etc.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nysyarc I loved it :)

Shadow I'm suprised you haven't posted your clan in the directory yet. You would fill up the spots in no time.

Thread ideas, brainstorm, GO!

I only have two atm.
1.)Characters most affected by lag/Moves&Tactics which lag affects . (serious input D=<)
2.)Video archive? (discuss)

Panix

Smash Ace
Is there a bot that has information on a majority of the cast?

say I want a bot in my clan chat that works like this

/Snake-Samus

and then it would give you the snake-samus match-up in snakes favor

reverse would be like

/Samus-Snake

then it would give the samus-snake match-up in samus favor.

any ideas?

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Nysyarc I loved it :)

Shadow I'm suprised you haven't posted your clan in the directory yet. You would fill up the spots in no time.

Thread ideas, brainstorm, GO!

I only have two atm.
1.)Characters most affected by lag/Moves&Tactics which lag affects . (serious input D=<)
2.)Video archive? (discuss)
Can I post other clans I know of that are social groups?
I can do that pretty quick. xD
Keeps me a track of them. :evil:

For your threads. It seems that instead of making this mood that online brawl sucks. (Which it does) we need threads to make it seem better. 8D
Some thread which helps over come lag or something.

2. I approve of the second one.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah a thread with tips for improving your game when fighting with lag is an awesome idea.

Maybe (this is just a spur-of-the-moment thought) we could have a guide to making a set of four taunt messages (Friends mode) that are versatile, funny, and awesome without being insulting or typical. I find a lot of people have pretty average taunt messages, when there's so much you can do with them. And maybe some tips on making two or more different taunt messages work together if used one after another.

I dunno, just some thoughts because our emphasis so far has been on With Anyone mode, and so I'm trying to think of topics that could involve With Friends mode.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What is this?

Blame this happy feller.

and we need more input on this.
We can do it if it will bring more activity to this board.

Since the minimum frame lag is 6 ( i think ), we should use 6.

Thoughts everyone?
I was thinking of determining some sort of average, so it could account for higher ranges of lag as well.

It's also possible to have one made for various ranges rather than just one. Such as 1 for minimum lag, horrible lag, and somewhere in between the two.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It seems to me like there's no way to determine a single average, since it depends on so many things. A poll wouldn't work, partly because this forum is relatively inactive and it's not like people can identify exactly how many frames of lag on average they get.

It depends on the users' ISPs, whether they have wireless or wired, how far they are from their opponent(s)... so many things. Now that I think about it, how much of a difference would a few extra frames of lag really make? If a certain character is disadvantaged by a certain degree of lag, wouldn't that character still be at the same relative disadvantage at a greater amount of lag? If that's the case, we can use any amount of lag as a default and it can be applied to all other levels of input lag.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Speaking of Lag... Anyone else know of another Game that has more lag than SSBB made for Nintendo? xD

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well I still think it should be based on something other than the minimum. People hardly ever play with minimum lag.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well I still think it should be based on something other than the minimum. People hardly ever play with minimum lag.
Oh I agree. How exactly we're going to find a reasonable average I have no idea though...

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
PBR=pokemon battle revolution though its not an action games so lag doesnt matter, it still has a lot of lag.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
The one I mention does affect the game a lot. xD
You hardly get a decent game. RB2 has virtually no lag.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I have GH:WT and RB2 on XBox, so there's literally no lag... at least if there is it's not at all noticeable. I suppose even Wi-Fi would have to make games like that good online because they require precise A/V delay synch. Nobody would play them online if they were noticeably off-synch.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
OMG LOLZ WTF I just had the most amazing series of brawls in with anyone EVER! I saved all the replays as they progressed too!

I started playing as CF and only using falcon punch (everyone was playing dead serious up until then). It took about 3 or 4 matches, but eventually I got one guy to do the same thing. That lasted about 4 matches of me and him falcon punching the others while they continued to play serious. Anyways, the other guy falcon punches the sh** out of me one time and starts spamming 'show me ya moves'. I start spamming it with him when I respawn and it happened to be in perfect sync.

We just kept saying 'show me ya moves' for like 20 seconds in perfect sync, the others were using their various taunts. Next match, sure enough, all captain falcons, all only using falcon punch and down taunt! Of course I had turned bob-ombs and blast boxes on so it added to the craziness. The next match after that, I set the stage to Big Blue and got lucky. Four captain falcons spamming ridiculous moves on Big Blue.

The best part was trying to race the cars. Oh and then me and this other guy started jumping on to the road near the right of the screen and trying to say 'show me ya moves' as many times as we could before we died off the left side. At the end of the match we all had like 10+ SDs and several falls. It was epic beyond belief.

We all tried changing characters the match after that, but we couldn't do it. We couldn't play seriously after such an experience. We were on bridge of eldin, and after a few feeble attempts at fighting normally, we gave in and just paced the stage until the floor opened up, then we raced to see who could SD down the pit the most before it closed up.

Good times my friends. Good times.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
I would rather pay for a better online service than use the crappy system we have going for us now. I'm a decent fighter, but my performence online doesn't reflect that. That's why I don't challenge anyone anymore.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
For some people, online is all they have, if they dont get out as much, and dont go to tourneys, and jus sit in their room all day, naked, eating lays potatoe chips and yelling at the tv.
Its preety simple actually, dont play with people you lag with. Point blank.
I have many people on my list with green connections.
Very mininaml lag. Its playable, and the lag is not that noticable.
Me personally i love online, doesnt effect my gameplay too much.
If you suck offline, your gonna suck online, i
if you good online, your gonna be good online.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, online is good enough for me as it is. If it were better that'd be awesome. Except really the only possible improvement is reducing the lag. I mean other than that, the system for With Friends mode is pretty sound. Easier communication would be nice (headsets).

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
I want to share with you guys my first day on Wi-Fi.

It started out with me going on something called "Basic Brawl" for the first time. I waited with no people joining for an hour before going on to Team Battle. I was Sonic by the way, and was planning to taunt spam his side taunt when fighting people. No one came for some time, but then 3 people replaced the seeking boxes! I was so excited at that moment, watching the screen turn dark with a "ready to fight" on the screen. The match finally started, but something felt very wrong and unnatural. The term came to me and it was lag. It felt so...unnatural. But now I'm used to it. To begin the match I taunted, using my side taunt with Sonic. I repeated that even when red team was blowing me off. My partner, a Captain Falcon, first started off a serious fellow. After I taunted a handful of times he decided to spam his, "show me your moves" taunt. We just kept taunting while red team, being a little confused, were attacking us. The Captain Falcon and I did throw out a few attacks now and then to hit them between taunts. I missed a lot because of the lag. Red team won the first match, and then the second match started. Pretty much an identical match from the first. The third match it was so laggy, that before the Brawl even started it disconnected with that fat white message saying, "Your connection to the other players was lost". At least I was TL poofing on the screen. After that I checked out my friend roster, which had no one on it.

Not a very interesting experience but I'll never forget the first day that I went on Wi-Fi. Tell yours if you wish.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I would rather pay for a better online service than use the crappy system we have going for us now. I'm a decent fighter, but my performence online doesn't reflect that. That's why I don't challenge anyone anymore.
Paying for better online would be stupid. PSN is free, and isn't a piece of **** like NWFC. Step it up Nintendo. >_>
I think you guys have the wrong thread...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216793

^^^ I think that's what you're looking for. This is more of a discussion of WiFi thread, although to be fair it used to be a WiFi john thread...

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
Wifi is good to improve if there isnt much lag. Like my clan, we have great matches where lag is sometimes not even noticed.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Bah. I'm tired right now. Anyway, I played some matches with a guy on gamefaqs as Ike and killed my self like 3 times using Nair off stage. Input lag is gay. >_<
Rofl, I used to do that all the time dude. I still do once in awhile but I try to just not press the attack button at all when I'm near the edge of a stage online.

Pie of Smash

Smash Rookie
i just finished playing a friend i met here and after a few maches he got off. when i went to look at the forum he said that i was doing alot of stuff wrong and that he wanted his hour back. Its not his fault, mostly mine for bieng stupid.idk if i should evin brawl anybody anymore, online or friend. because ill just probably make them mad.So i guess i suck at brawl.ill just make you guys mad

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hello again.
The general rules people like to play with is 3 stock and no items. Thats probably why he was upset. Were you playing with items?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Try not to double post. If you were the last to post edit your previous message if you have something extra to say^_^.

Well what did you do wrong, were you winning?

Edit: ok. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom