• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lagtastic Online Discussion Thread **Sephiroth for S-Tier**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxas M

Smash Master
i just finished playing a friend i met here and after a few maches he got off. when i went to look at the forum he said that i was doing alot of stuff wrong and that he wanted his hour back. Its not his fault, mostly mine for bieng stupid.idk if i should evin brawl anybody anymore, online or friend. because ill just probably make them mad.So i guess i suck at brawl.ill just make you guys mad
don't worry about hd. he did the same thing to me too. he was complaining about me being a beginner. he even said that he would think twice before brawling a american. the problem was, he asked me to go easy on him. so he is kinda stupid. but later i beat the life out of him in a brawl. so, you just have to know who to ask to brawl. mosf people here are nice to beginners, including me. so don't take it too hard.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
i just finished playing a friend i met here and after a few maches he got off. when i went to look at the forum he said that i was doing alot of stuff wrong and that he wanted his hour back. Its not his fault, mostly mine for bieng stupid.idk if i should evin brawl anybody anymore, online or friend. because ill just probably make them mad.So i guess i suck at brawl.ill just make you guys mad
Jeezo Pie dont let something like that get to you, its not the first time hd has lost the plot before. Dont blame yourself, it be his fault if he wanted to his time back. He couldve left your match and brawled someone else if it meant that much to him.

Remember, if you came here, you came to improve. Dont give up.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Try not to double post. If you were the last to post edit your previous message if you have something extra to say^_^.

Well what did you do wrong, were you winning?

Edit: ok. good luck.
What's with the pink typing Zen? I like it, it's even more pink than my name so I'm jealous :mad:

I've been thinking about making my typing blue...

Pie of Smash said:
No! Your forum name is too awesome to just leave :(

I'll brawl you sometime and maybe I could give you some tips or something. I'd be happy to help if you want, but you can't be that bad, the guy was probably a jerk. Just send me a message if you want to brawl sometime :)

DDM

Smash Journeyman
I just had a terrific Team Battle session with a Jigglypuff, an Ike, and a Kirby player. Good times. The Jigglypuff was a terrific teammate, too. Always had my back when we were on a team. I would do doubles with him if I could find who it was.

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
Gah. Sometimes I hate playing online. I play with my friends online, but since I have nobody to play with offline, when they finally come over and play me, I blow chunks because I'm used to online fighting.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You should try playing offline against a cpu or in training mode after playing online or before playing someone offline so you can get your timing together and get readjusted.

metaknave

Smash Apprentice
I just had a great wifi match. I was Captain Falcon and my opponents were Ike, Ganondorf, and Diddy. I was losing, but then, a hothead appeared. One word popped up in my head: REVENGE!!!!!
I threw it, then when it came back around Final Destination, I Falcon Pawnched it. Two were ko'd by the hotheads power, the Diddy was knocked back, but failed to recover. I ended up winning the match because of the Pawnch. I now play as the captain more on wifi.
(off topic) smilies didn't work for me here?

Apollo$

Smash Ace
I have my good wifi days and my really trash wifi days, I do much better offline anyway because the input delay kinda hinders my skill. Some input delay is actually bearable while other times it's two and a half seconds off.

highfive

Smash Lord
Meh. Wifi is okay. dunno why but I think the lag helps me in real offline battles since the button input is slower so I mash buttons faster. I have great wifi days but then somedays I get creamed good. I guess it's the same as the guy above me.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Items are too fun Zen. I just hate the fact that "With Anyone" is timed. I kinda get the idea that they don't want people waiting when there out with such things, but it still sucks. <__<
They should have made more options for online like FFA/1v1/etc.
FFA could have been timed still and 1v1 could have been for stocks.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'll try it out the ~competetive~ item play
It's like that for me in every game I play though for some reason I just like to use what the character already has... >.>
if any of you play a guy named big m on wifi and you dont let him cp rainbow cruise well den this is gonna happen to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXnQVraYPqI
Good stuff. Maybe your opponent accidently picked the wrong stage though?

*bans MK*

ooo zen ur active in this thread xD

fuu avatar is too good

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
awww haha right when i come back here to check out if u replied, its gone

D:

o wellz

thats pretty good too!

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
I'll try it out the ~competetive~ item play
It's like that for me in every game I play though for some reason I just like to use what the character already has... >.>

Good stuff. Maybe your opponent accidently picked the wrong stage though?

*bans MK*

no he didnt i told him lets cp delfino but then im like nvm lets do rc but he kept saying no rc so i said delfino then.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Well, I'm sure more than just one person uses that hack. But if not, then I guess you could have met him. I suppose if his play style was similar...

I've actually never encountered a hacker online. Do I need to have Homebrew myself to encounter hackers or something? Or is it not unusual for someone to go 500+ With Anyone matches without seeing any hackers?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think it works with on system hack for with anyone but with friends you need all the uses to hack. I would test that out myself but error code 20102 might shut down my wifi if I do use it.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah well it's not like I really care anyways... I could go another 5000 matches without seeing a hack and it wouldn't bother me, I'm just curious as to how often most people encounter hackers.

bobson

Smash Lord
I hack every single time I go on wifi, but I've never met another hacker myself.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i think the cutest people are the ones that pick Green hill zone or a stage with walk off boundaries and they bthrow anyone that comes near them for an easy kill

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
i think the cutest people are the ones that pick Green hill zone or a stage with walk off boundaries and they bthrow anyone that comes near them for an easy kill
I like those people because it's too easy to avoid their back throw and throw them off instead. It's just like kirbys who stand at the edge of a stage inhaling constantly, waiting to spit people off-screen and float back. I just Fair them with Ike and follow up with a quick dtilt to spike them. They never really know what they're doing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
so did the idea of making a wifi tier list fall through?
I believe we were stuck on the input lag issue. The fact that the tier list may vary based on the amount of lag. I said we should just use whatever seems to be the most common amount of lag, since making a separate tier list for every amount of input lag would be ridiculous.

BSP

Smash Legend
or kirbys that spam stone and don't think they're gonna get grabbed. And the funny part: they keep doing it...

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
so did the idea of making a wifi tier list fall through?
Tier list still applies to wifi in every way, except with things like buffered grabs which require nearly 0 lag. I dont see any real reason to make a separate one.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I like those people because it's too easy to avoid their back throw and throw them off instead. It's just like kirbys who stand at the edge of a stage inhaling constantly, waiting to spit people off-screen and float back. I just Fair them with Ike and follow up with a quick dtilt to spike them. They never really know what they're doing.
I'm usually on Dedede so...even if they swallow me, i can sometimes footstool them while im recovering. I've footstool gimped a few of these kids like that...

The amount of spammers like that has decreased a little bit recently.

I personally enjoy some of the good AGGRESSIVE Ike's i run into. I mean they come at me with Fair's some Nair, and they poke with cancelled jabs. It's pretty fun to fight them. And occationally you'll run into other various good players too.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I personally enjoy some of the good AGGRESSIVE Ike's i run into. I mean they come at me with Fair's some Nair, and they poke with cancelled jabs. It's pretty fun to fight them. And occationally you'll run into other various good players too.
Lol, that could be me if I happen to be in the mood for it. Usually I just fool around on With Anyone but if none of my friends are online and I need a serious warm-up I'll give it my all for awhile. You'll know it's me if I attempt to spike you almost every time you're off-stage, and with varying moves.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Lol, that could be me if I happen to be in the mood for it. Usually I just fool around on With Anyone but if none of my friends are online and I need a serious warm-up I'll give it my all for awhile. You'll know it's me if I attempt to spike you almost every time you're off-stage, and with varying moves.
I've seen an Ike thats done that before. I dunno if it was you or not, but that type of behavior is generally easy for me to avoid [trying to meteor all the time off the ledge]. I usually Dair spike on Ike if i can Bthrow them off the ledge, or if the opportunity arises.

I will say this though--I had one of those plankers/run away people. You know the Pits/Jigglies/ROBs that at the first sign of trouble they up b and run away?

I had a planking Jigglies. All she wanted to do is get an easy kill then run for her life. Now i cant remember what character i started out as, but I decided to get on Ike since the whole room was all mad at me.

So she goes and kills me. We're at final d, and she grabs the ledge, pounds under final d, i rush to the other ledge and as soon as her head came up above the ledge i meteored her with a well timed dtilt spike. This happend for like 2 more times before she stopped doing it. Hahaha, it was cute because there were a few times she thought about doing it...then stopped remembering back to me spiking her.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I love how someone taunts in Sudden Death and a Bomb-omb come's out of no where and blows them up and they die instead of the other person. I saved a replay of that and going to post it later on youtube for the lulz.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I've seen an Ike thats done that before. I dunno if it was you or not, but that type of behavior is generally easy for me to avoid [trying to meteor all the time off the ledge]. I usually Dair spike on Ike if i can Bthrow them off the ledge, or if the opportunity arises.
Well it depends how he tried to spike. Most people just jump and Dair right away without trying to time it or anything. I usually jump farther out and fall alongside the person to bait an air-dodge and then c-stick a Dair to punish it. Dtilt spikes are tricky because you have to space them before the person sweetspots. It's great if someone is falling towards the ledge from above or for characters like Sonic who don't sweetspot with their upB.

I sometimes let them grab the edge and then time my Dtilt to hit them as soon as their invincibility frames end. Usually it's around that exact time that they decide to ledge drop so it works out perfectly.

I love how someone taunts in Sudden Death and a Bomb-omb come's out of no where and blows them up and they die instead of the other person. I saved a replay of that and going to post it later on youtube for the lulz.
Lol, that's always good fun. For some reason that made me think: what would happen if two people died at the exact same frame in a sudden death?

prince_of_darkness

Smash Cadet
Well it depends how he tried to spike. Most people just jump and Dair right away without trying to time it or anything. I usually jump farther out and fall alongside the person to bait an air-dodge and then c-stick a Dair to punish it. Dtilt spikes are tricky because you have to space them before the person sweetspots. It's great if someone is falling towards the ledge from above or for characters like Sonic who don't sweetspot with their upB.

I sometimes let them grab the edge and then time my Dtilt to hit them as soon as their invincibility frames end. Usually it's around that exact time that they decide to ledge drop so it works out perfectly.

Lol, that's always good fun. For some reason that made me think: what would happen if two people died at the exact same frame in a sudden death?
That happens to me a surprising amount actually.

Edit: Sorry, excuse the false info that was previously posted.

BSP

Smash Legend
I thought control slots determined the winner if people die at the same time. Is that wrong?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^^^ Yes, if you have sudden death and both opponents die at the same time, port priority will determine who wins.

The best way to determine what port you have in Basic is 1. When your spawn animation starts, at the very start of the match 2. Your shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom