• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Seeing a fellow board member attempting to transfer power of this thread to another board regular behind my back has given me enough reason to update this myself.

I lurk profiles; get at me.

In relation to the actual match up discussion, MU discussion will be kept in this thread, match up exports will NOT be made, and discussion will be limited to one character per week/discussion period. After Kirby, the older discussions WILL be re-discussed.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ah Kirby, a character I have no experience with.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Don't get fsmash'd.

Stay in the air most of the match as Kirby's ground game will KO you early. Watch out of Kirby's bair. Your air movement is much superior so bait a bair and punish with whatever you like . Rest will kill earlier than most though. I think fsmash tilted up has a decent amount of vertical range so watch out for that too. Grab combos aren't as much as a factor here as you're Jigglypuff, the lightest substance known to man. If Kirby manages to catch you with a dair offstage SDI up through it and footstool or something. I'd say this matchup is in Kirby's favour but I don't know how much by.

highfive

Smash Lord
I'll post intelligently later. Not today but I'll be making cool MU pics like the other boards do.

Made this for Meta Matchup pic... I can do different though.

Snake Versus the puff

Falco Vs Puff

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is supposed to play pretty gay to win. I'll go alert the Kirby users even though they might not contribute.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I don't even know how to play against Kirby. I always just pick Marth.

fairfairfair sometimes an nair if I'm feeling daring. Fsmash to kill. Kirby outprioritizes most of what Jigglypuff can do. Definitly keep your fair fresh.

.Smoreking.

Smash Cadet
The extended forward throw combos don't work extraneously well, although I'm sure the basic Fthrow-Uair combo works, and that's a decent 18% Fresh.

In the air, it's kinda a toss-up. Iiirc, most aerials clash with Kirby in most situations. You'll have to watch out for bair and fair the most, and dair if kirby gets above you.

On the ground...well...the ground doesn't matter, but an uncharged usmash kills ~80% from the center of Final Destination with no/decent DI. Good DI can live til about 95 or so. The tip of the foot is about the same, although since you're most likely closer to the top of the screen, it'll kill a little earlier. And for his AAA combo, sdi-rest works amazing. Fsmash will kill you, stay above Kirby at all costs.

Some of the gimping strategies are useless due to Kirby having multiple jumps too. so try to mix it up

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Edgeguarding Kirby is difficult so don't count on getting all your KO's through that method. I personally accumulate a lot of damage before executing the final blow.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I fight Jigglypuffs on wifi a lot, and also offline. I rarely ever lose to them, and I never lost to a Jigglypuff offline.

The matchup is going to be in Kirby's favor, even though you guys are much faster in the air, our b-air will make you cry. In fact it's good to just wait for Jigglypuff to try to approach and then punish with b-air. Sometimes I bait Jigglypuffs into using rest if im not at kill % with stone, and after they miss they eat a hammer. We can kill you easily, our tilts are faster and outrange yours. Don't even try to use rollout against us offline, you'll just eat a f-smash. We essentialy jacked your ground game. We know you want it back too. :p

60:40 in Kirby's advantage.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Bair clashes with pound. And he can just shield it and punish OoS. Jiggs cant punish a well spaced Bair easily (or at all? not sure). Pound sucks
if you perfect shield a bair u can punish with dash attack
there are a few other, more practical methods but ill keep them to myself

Framerate

Smash Lord
Match-up sucks. Bair is annoying as hell. The only reason you should ever play puff against kirby is if you can't stand his throw combos and you don't care if you lose. Although u-air to rest works well against stubborn kirbys who refuse to airdodge.

35:65

_clinton

Smash Master
Just from reading this page of posts...I already love this thread

Um...Kirby has the + IMO for this match

Oh and to compare Fsmashes because I'm like that:

Kirby's kills 15% earlier on average and has a larger strong hitbox...

Really...the only + JP has in this match up that I can think of ATM is a good DACUS and overall style (but style is just my opinion ^_^)

Glick

Smash Lord
Yeah, the matchup is super annoying. I started to grow fond of it mainly because I also played kirby so it made the match-up a lot easier.

Bair is pretty much the reason why this matchup sucks. Ontop of that he has a great recovery.

You kind of **** kirbys everything else(in the air) though, so if the kirby isn't playing the matchup right(every matchup amirite) then you have a shot.

It's DEF not 35-65 but it's a toughy. Takes some serious spacing.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I guess I just haven't figured out how to beat the bair. Every Kirby I've played so far spams it.

Although I did still beat them...

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
This matchup really sucks because you pretty much have to space with fair, on an opponent you can't gimp.

My only suggestion is try to kill with dashattack, it does come out faster than kirby's fsmash.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Kirby's
< Jigglypuff's
? I say spam Pound, so they dont run into you with Bair.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Kirby's
< Jigglypuff's
? I say spam Pound, so they dont run into you with Bair.
Only priority wise, I find pound to be easy to bait. As far as this match goes, I like to think of jiggs as a not as good Wario. Basically outside of pound you guys try to poke => gay tactic just like Wario. Only problem is Wario can live to 120~150% whereas Jiggs lives from 90~110. Oh and don't think just because we're Kirby you can edguard us. Fair gimps are sick against Kirby. You have our jump + the speed to catch us when you knock us offstage and fair finishes the deal very easily. One major thing that needs to be mentioned about this match is Kirby's usmash. I use this tactic on Wario and Jiggs all the time. Basically when they get into kill range, most people expect an fsmash. Most people always DI fsmash mostly upwards. So use that to fuel your usmash. This is more useful against Jiggs since she dies vertically very easily. The main problem I see for Jiggs here is that we rack damage faster. Kirby's bair beats all but a well timed pound. This means we can just tack it on with bair and when you try to poke, catch you with an usmash. I would say 60:40 Kirby. Never underestimate the gay tactic though. Try picking Marth though, quicker and easier than playing gay.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
I believe that if Kirby can bear, jiggs can read that. If jiggs can pound, kirby can read that.

Instead of Pound, there's also nair(which clanks with a lot of things), Fair which am not sure of it's clankability with Kirb's move and dair. Dair may likely lead to a Uthrow which can force Kirby to play an airgame, and I do not belive Kirby has as many options as jiggs does in the air. I definitely want to test the matchup.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
the thing that's unfortunate in the air are dual collisions on attacks. It hurts jigglypuff a lot more than kirby, who has more chances to kill. Other than that, jigglypuff should have the advantage in the air. On the ground, I think only dair and spaced bairs really work against kirby. Kirby seems to be stuck quite well in dair, but I'm uncertain about that(player dependent?).

The hardest part is definitely getting the kills. no only does jigglypuff need to get around things like bair, she also needs to get in a sweetspotted fair on a small and fairly agile character. I think sourspotted to sweetspotted fair works, but if you mess up and it gets stale, jigglypuff may have to rely on some ground approaches for the kill which seems pretty unsafe (dash attack primarily, dair rest when jiggs is at low %s).

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Um no. You missed the point. Jigglypuff is buffed like hell on wifi, and even there she is still easily handled with Kirby. :ohwell:
You missed the point. He's not even talking about the MU discussion. Whether it's true or not, he's calling you out due to apparently having no offline experience.

He said it.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
kirby and jiggs go even for the most part, except kirby can kill way more easily

Ninja Puff

Smash Cadet
I would definitely say that Kirby has the advantage. He's a lot faster in most of his attacks but I've found that a Jigglypuff that can "fake out" a Kirby can get the upper hand. When I say fake out, I mean jump up and lunge at them (as if you were going to attack) so they do a counterattack but before they hit you, back up in midair and use Pound. If they start to catch up on the game, though, you'll have to be a bit more tricky with timing and dodging. It's not as hard as some people make it out to be, though. Nevertheless, it is a good challenge in Kirby's favor.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Who is next in line?
Op sez DK.

I'll leave the Kirby match-up as "more discussion needed" or the like, and we're on to DK. I will personally castrate anyone who does not have any DK experience.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I have limited DK experience. Does that count?

Top Bottom