• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

highfive

Smash Lord
Dk is a *****. I just hate his Dtilt and ftilt. I refuse to believe that this match up is any less than 70 to 30 in his favor.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
He outranges us, outlives us, spaces the **** out of us and has way more [reliable] killing options. If we get too close, he can just Up B away from us. Congo Spike is ********.

We start dieing from '9 charge' Neutral B at 46%.

25-75

daisho

Smash Lord
I have a limited knowledge of jigglypuff but there really is nothing he/she can do.

Any aerial approach gets destroyed by our up angled ftilt, reverse u tilt or back air. Also running under you and up Bing works. Up smash would be fine too.

DK isn't very gimpable by jiggly. I believe we can SDI dair to above you? Fair won't kill unless fresh and we can just up b back every time.

None of your options beat bair.

Giant punch ***** you.

You die on average I'd say 100% earlier. On every stock.

And 9 wind kills jiggly at 33% without DI.

75:25- DK has to be awful for jiggly to win this matchup.

As for stages go for RC. If that's banned just hope that he kills himself.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I fought Cable's DK right after he barley lost a set against M2k in a tournament.

He won the first match but I took him to RC and beat him there. He cp'd Halberd and I got him to the last stock even when he had spiked me.

Counter DK on Rainbow Cruise, definatly the must pick if it isn't banned by the player.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if you use pound it is always punishable by a d-smash anytime on shield, if you angle it up then we can use an up-smash which kills jiggs at 60%

ggs

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
I believe that if Kirby can bear, jiggs can read that. If jiggs can pound, kirby can read that.

Instead of Pound, there's also nair(which clanks with a lot of things), Fair which am not sure of it's clankability with Kirb's move and dair. Dair may likely lead to a Uthrow which can force Kirby to play an airgame, and I do not belive Kirby has as many options as jiggs does in the air. I definitely want to test the matchup.
How much can a kirby bear

owait thats a koala

_clinton

Smash Master
DK is one scary Mother******

That's all I have to say about this matchup =(

9Kplus1

Smash Master
DK's **** is so easy to punish and he's so big.

60:40 DK.
What are we punishing? I'm pretty sure a DK that spaces right can't be punished by Jigglypuff (well, effectively). This isn't Bowser, DK is a fast fatty with stupid range; there isn't much to punish.

**** any ratio higher than 30-70, DK ***** us.

Now we just need a write up.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
Lolwut? DK does not **** us. Nair OoS a ton, avoid pound and juggle the mofo. Yeah he outspaces us but that doesn't mean it's 70:30.

He's easier to gimp than the DK's make him out to be. One or two bairs will get him too low to recover, and if he upb's before you can get out that bair stay in the spinning attack and rest him as soon as it ends. Uair comes out faster than DK's dair so juggling isn't a problem.

It's 60:40 DK.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Lolwut? DK does not **** us. Nair OoS a ton, avoid pound and juggle the mofo. Yeah he outspaces us but that doesn't mean it's 70:30.

He's easier to gimp than the DK's make him out to be. One or two bairs will get him too low to recover, and if he upb's before you can get out that bair stay in the spinning attack and rest him as soon as it ends. Uair comes out faster than DK's dair so juggling isn't a problem.

OMG, everyone ALWAYS forgets...."lol we can gimp DK, easy match-up lolololol"

can jiggs even get DK off stage before 100% with a bair? doubt it. this is why everyone with a spike thinks that the match up against DK is not bad.

bair doesn't even spike, you will never gimp DK. EVER.

and why would you nair OOS? why are you shielding???

you die at 70% we die at 160%

just ask thinkaman, its 70-30

Metatitan

Smash Master
Thinkaman isn't really good but that's beside the point, DK assrapes jiggs. It's not THAT bad until it comes time to killing, she dies at 60-80%, he dies at 160%+. 20:80 DK

9Kplus1

Smash Master

...huh? Avoid > Pound works in a decent amount of MUs what are ****ty for us.

And this isn't Melee, Bair won't gimp DK lol.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Yeah, dair never sends them up. It's kind of a semi-spike, like fox's only not as good (and fox's is bad...)

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
OMG, everyone ALWAYS forgets...."lol we can gimp DK, easy match-up lolololol"

can jiggs even get DK off stage before 100% with a bair? doubt it. this is why everyone with a spike thinks that the match up against DK is not bad.

bair doesn't even spike, you will never gimp DK. EVER.

and why would you nair OOS? why are you shielding???

you die at 70% we die at 160%

just ask thinkaman, its 70-30
I never said we would gimp you with bair. If I were playing a DK I would go all out with fair until its stale. Fair when stale knocks you a little down, and I'll hit you again with fair to get you even lower. I'll grab the edge. I'll gimp you. If you begin your upb when you're too high to gimp, I'll jump right in and punish it with a rest.

I would shield because I would see one of your attacks coming. I'm not going to be blindly jumping around in the air. I'll be shieldgrabbing your attacks. I'll be playing defensively.

Oh, speaking of defense: Jigglypuff can air camp DK so well. DK doesn't have fast enough mobility to keep up with her, especially on counterpicks like Bristar.

It's 60:40 DK. No better, no worse.

Not like this matchup is worth discussing. Just pick D3. You've won.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You people are ****ing stupid.

DK wins at 30:70 or better (for him). He has more range meaning he'll get the % lead easier. Guess what? You have to approach now. And guess what else? His grab range is as long as DDD's, and he can pretty much Bair anything you do OoS.

Now it comes time to killing! DK will kill you at 90% at the highest, its not even a question. The DK player needs to kill better if he's not killing you consistently at 90% or below. And what, your kill moves are DACUS (risky), rest (riskier), Up Tilt (lol), Fair (stale), Dash Attack, and a few others I may be leaving out because JIGGLYPUFF HAS NO CONSISTENT FINISHERS. So yeah, you're killing DK at 150% or so, he's killing you from around 50%-90%.

DK ***** jiggs, manic you just need to play an actual DK. There's like what, 7 real DK players?

Also jiggs can't gimp DK

Framerate

Smash Lord
You people are ****ing stupid.

DK wins at 30:70 or better (for him). He has more range meaning he'll get the % lead easier. Guess what? You have to approach now. And guess what else? His grab range is as long as DDD's, and he can pretty much Bair anything you do OoS.

Now it comes time to killing! DK will kill you at 90% at the highest, its not even a question. The DK player needs to kill better if he's not killing you consistently at 90% or below. And what, your kill moves are DACUS (risky), rest (riskier), Up Tilt (lol), Fair (stale), Dash Attack, and a few others I may be leaving out because JIGGLYPUFF HAS NO CONSISTENT FINISHERS. So yeah, you're killing DK at 150% or so, he's killing you from around 50%-90%.

DK ***** jiggs, manic you just need to play an actual DK. There's like what, 7 real DK players?

Also jiggs can't gimp DK
I'm glad you listed utilt as a kill move lol. I pretty much agree with this, although I can see air dodge into grab working as an approach maybe once or twice, and we can kinda control him in the air a bit after we get a grab. Still doesn't help much. I need to actually play a good DK.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
DK is one of my favorite matchups with Jiggs... A 70-30 matchup in DK's favor? wtf? Even though DK kills Jiggs at around 80% with Dsmash with DI (This is the move DK will kill jiggs most of the time with) Jiggly racks up damage much faster than DK. If you manage to trap a DK at 0%, near the ground, into a pound you can easily follow it up with with a fastfalled upair, uptilt, upair which will do around 38% damage. This may also be followed up by other moves if the Jiggly can predict where DK DI's. If the Jiggs knows what she's doing she wont use her Fair untill DK is at 140% (Unless it's early in the stock) and close to the edge... this will most likely score a kill... Combine bair, airdodging and Shield grabbing she can get through DK's bair spacing... She shouldn't usually land near him, but since Jiggs grab is fast she can usually punnish DK's lag to get a grab before she runns away. She should never rollout (as usual) because it's extremely easy to punnish with a DK punch... and you don't want that. If Jiggs get him offstage she shouldn't try to gimp but she should try to hold him off as much as possible securing the edge so DK can't grab it on the way back from his recovery, forcing him to recover higher which may give you a free hit (Rest if they recover too high)

I'd say the Matchup is 60-40 in DK's favor just, because of the fact that if Jiggly does a mistake (which you will) she'll get killed butt early by DK's strength.
I've played a few very good DK's and i have never had much problems with this matchup...

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
30:70 Donkey Kong sounds about right to me. As everyone else has said, he kills us at, like, 70-80%, but we don't kill him until around 160%. Good DKs can sometimes live above 200% with really good DI!

Killing differences aside, his Bair also wrecks us. It's fast, outranges everything we have, and it has solid damage and knockback to boot. Put simply, Bair > Jigglypuff. Donkey Kong is also extremely good at punsihing mistakes. If you don't watch your step you could eat a DSmash, FSmash, or even a Giant Punch. FTilt and UTilt are good anti-air moves, especially FTilt due to its extreme range, and also good DKs won't get gimped much at all.

If you're winning against DK as Jigglypuff, you're significantly more skilled than they are (or they're sandbagging).

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
DK is way too fat, quick, and powerful. It's easier for jigglypuff to trap DK in the air, but getting that hit is the hard part, especially on a good DK. If DK somehow gets knocked offstage, prepare to either get gimped or accumulate massive % trying to recover (more likely the latter). Getting the kill on DK is pretty difficult because everything is just so risky.

IMO DK has a hard time approaching jigglypuff because of her aerial mobility and some nice aerial attacks. Jigglypuff also has a hard time approaching DK unless she whittles the DK's shield and tries to get pokes. It won't be that long at all before jiggs is in kill range, which at that point the jiggs has to totally change how she has been playing in order to avoid getting killed. The jiggs may be able to make it a pain to avoid getting killed, though.

I give it fair advantage to DK.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
san i hear you have a pretty mean jiggs now, we should play online and exchange strats (/evilplantostealeveryoneelsesjiggstricks)

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I'd say the Matchup is 60-40 in DK's favor just, because of the fact that if Jiggly does a mistake (which you will) she'll get killed butt early by DK's strength.
I've played a few very good DK's and i have never had much problems with this matchup...
Why not call the Gaymenandwatch matchup 40-60, then? I mean, we can SDI his Nair and Bair and if we don't mess up, we won't be killed.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Why not call the Gaymenandwatch matchup 40-60, then? I mean, we can SDI his Nair and Bair and if we don't mess up, we won't be killed.
Because we can't hit him if he spaces with those attacks, and eventually we will screw up... so yeah, free kill. Nothing beats those moves... simply because jiggs can't. DK doesn't have any unpunnishable spammable attacks that outprioritise everything Jiggs has...

Metatitan

Smash Master
DK just... Isn't as hard as it sounds on paper. D3 ***** the **** out of us on paper but in all honesty I think Jiggly has a 60:40 on D3.
DK ***** us on paper and in reality. He has more KO moves than just up tilt and several of them are consistant (DDD has up tilt as a consistent KO move as well as others due to jigglypuff's weight)

The fact that Rest is fairly easy to land on him due to the large hurtbox probably helps, too.
Lol not really

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
The fact that Rest is fairly easy to land on him due to the large hurtbox probably helps, too.
Too risky... if you miss with the Dair you'll get punnished with a Dsmash.... Just keep poking him untill he's damaged enough for an Fair

Top Bottom