• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Metatitan

Smash Master
Do you people really think gw doesnt counter jiggs? LOLOLOL

You guys aren't using the right reasons, Bair and Nair really aren't what ***** jiggs. Bair makes it so we have to approach, it has more priority and he'll get the % lead first. Not to mention you can't kill gw at all if he's careful. His hitboxes last forever, DACUS won't work. Bucket braking makes Fair no longer kill early AND your Fair will probably be stale. Not to mention Fair is so easy to see coming that it can be fresh and you still won't kill.

If we're talking about SDIing, yeah you can SDI his Bair and Nair, but he can just Fair instead if he wants. Also drill rest doesn't work because of perfect shielding and SDI. So basically your only KO option that you might get in is F Smash, oh wait he can bucket brake. You're killing him at 150, he's killing you at 60-90% because honestly, up smashes tend to **** jigglypuff because of the zoning she likes. You guys determine the ratio, but I know for sure its not close to even.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
35:65 is the best I would put the MU for us. Instead of drill resting, how about grabbing him instead?

Framerate

Smash Lord
Drill rest is pretty much guaranteed against G&W. He's larger than you think. Just keep a clear head during the match and don't run into his smashes and suddenly his only kill move becomes his fair. Seriously, just don't be dumb. Learn to tech the d-throw and he can't kill you.

Metatitan

Smash Master
You're gonna drill rest GW and you're telling ME not to be dumb? Every character can SDI her Dair, meaning if they SDI correctly it won't combo at all. AND he can PS it, congrats ur eating a fully charged up smash which can kill you at like 40% or earlier. And up smash actually doesn't need a set up on jiggs, or any of his smashes for that matter. She has no range and they all have disjoint, something jiggs lacks.

This game really ***** poor jiggs.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
You're gonna drill rest GW and you're telling ME not to be dumb? Every character can SDI her Dair, meaning if they SDI correctly it won't combo at all. AND he can PS it, congrats ur eating a fully charged up smash which can kill you at like 40% or earlier. And up smash actually doesn't need a set up on jiggs, or any of his smashes for that matter. She has no range and they all have disjoint, something jiggs lacks.

This game really ***** poor jiggs.
You can't SDI out if you trip, but this is usually only happening at around 100% where a fair could do the job for you anyway. It's easy to fastfall for an grab or an uptilt in case they don't trip... However this is no excuse for using Jiggly against GaW... Just... never do it... never... He can be compared to Jigglypuff... just that everything he does outprioritises you and have an upsmash that kills almost kills just as fast as rest... Nair that's impossible to get through.... i could continiue giving reasons for years...

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Do you people really think gw doesnt counter jiggs? LOLOLOL

You guys aren't using the right reasons, Bair and Nair really aren't what ***** jiggs. Bair makes it so we have to approach, it has more priority and he'll get the % lead first. Not to mention you can't kill gw at all if he's careful. His hitboxes last forever, DACUS won't work. Bucket braking makes Fair no longer kill early AND your Fair will probably be stale. Not to mention Fair is so easy to see coming that it can be fresh and you still won't kill.

If we're talking about SDIing, yeah you can SDI his Bair and Nair, but he can just Fair instead if he wants. Also drill rest doesn't work because of perfect shielding and SDI. So basically your only KO option that you might get in is F Smash, oh wait he can bucket brake. You're killing him at 150, he's killing you at 60-90% because honestly, up smashes tend to **** jigglypuff because of the zoning she likes. You guys determine the ratio, but I know for sure its not close to even.
Sarcasm over the internet fails on the Jiggs boards? What is the world coming to?

Why not call the Gaymenandwatch matchup 40-60, then? I mean, we can SDI his Nair and Bair and if we don't mess up, we won't be killed.
This was in response to this:

I'd say the Matchup is 60-40 in DK's favor just, because of the fact that if Jiggly does a mistake (which you will) she'll get killed butt early by DK's strength.
I've played a few very good DK's and i have never had much problems with this matchup...
God, it's like "Oh , hey, this guy has a gay name. He's obviously from these boards and has no clue what he's talking about."

****ing bull**** prejudice

Framerate

Smash Lord
G&W's up smash has so much start-up lag you have to be dumb to get hit by it. Just saying. If you even think he's gonna use it, back off. If he starts charging the up smash, back off. It's not worth trying to sneak in an aerial, the up smash will out prioritize you and kill you...

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It's been a week, have we decided on a ratio, yet?

I'm still in favor of 30-70 for all of the reasons mentioned.
I haven't fought enough DK's to know, but the ratio sounds good sounds good.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
I am absolutely certain DK's **** makes ours look like minimal fondling.

At least 30-70.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Let's attempt this again.

Due to popular demand, this week's discussion is about Ike.

Framerate

Smash Lord
I think you can sneak a nair in between jabs if you get caught.

Also, ban Pirate Ship if it's a CP.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
****, i wouldnt think the MU ike is that hard ... so i never met a really good ike :/
but it sounds good - ike outranges jiggs ... maybe: is the lag after his attacks small enough not to get hit by any of our attacks after e.g. spacing a nice fair?
all in all u wont play too offensive as a jiggs, so punishing lag is very important, and ike has got much lag ...

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
****, i wouldnt think the MU ike is that hard ... so i never met a really good ike :/
but it sounds good - ike outranges jiggs ... maybe: is the lag after his attacks small enough not to get hit by any of our attacks after e.g. spacing a nice fair?
all in all u wont play too offensive as a jiggs, so punishing lag is very important, and ike has got much lag ...
you can airdodge close to him and dodge fair at the same time, so spacing fair is pointless vs us. when hes at high % just spam fairs until hes offstage and gimp him. gg

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Ugh, playing Ike is a pain in the *** when in a good players hands. I never seem to be able to beat M2k's Ike in low tier tournaments. Low tier doubles is a different story tho.

Framerate

Smash Lord
It has nothing to do with spacing. His fair pretty much auto-cancels. The lag afterwords is not nearly enough time to get in before a jab. I mean, you might be able to rest the jab but that really isn't going to get you anywhere. I can't recall if pound trades hits with jab or not.

Try playing against good ikes.

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
This is a matchup where Jigglypuff can really hurt Ike if she gets inside. Therefore, what Ike has to do is camp his *** off against Jigglypuff. A good Ike will use all of his aerials and retreat with them as a defensive maneuver against Jiggs. If the Ike gets impatient and tries to rush in against Jiggs, Jiggs can take off a stock easily if you can send Ike offstage. One of your strongest points against Ike is the ability to gimp him out of Aether very very easily. Don't be intimidated if you're both offstage and he tries to reverse Aether to drag you down and save himself. Just wait calmly until Ike is at the apex and go for the gimp. Contrary to what you guys think, Fair's not really Ike's strongest point against Jigglypuff. You guys should be more wary of retreating Nairs/Bairs. Retreating Nair is really good for Ike and it's going to be hard to get inside. My tip would be to get as close as you can before Ike retreats again and use pound to approach. Even if Ike perfectly spaces Fair against Jigglypuff, if you approach Ike in the air, he won't be able to jab Jigglypuff. In the end, it comes down to whoever has the most patience. Ike has the killing potential and means to camp, but Jigglypuff has the means to rack up damage quickly and gimp early.
I'd say 65:35 Jigglypuff's favor for an Ike who doesn't know the matchup, but 60:40 -55:45 ish Jigglypuff's favor for an Ike who does know the matchup.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
If we space Fair... if you powershield it, you may be able to get a Fair in, but I really don't know. Trick is to not be on the ground when we do it. Air dodge it, don't shield it. However, Nair is what we'll probably be using more... it's just about Ike's best move. The range is almost as great as Fair and landing lag is practically nothing. What you have to do in this match-up is get inside and get Ike offstage. Offstage is where you excel, I'd assume, in this match-up. OoS Bair may not hurt you all the time, because Jigglypuff is so short. Jiggz is not hurt by jab cancels at all.. we have to finish the combo for follow up with something else after jab1 (Utilt, Bair). Ummm. Yeah, Ike kills you pretty early with most of his moveset, but keep in mind most of it is telegraphed, too. Focus on dodging as much as you focus on hitting.

EDIT: Kimchi knows what's up.
I myself hate assigning numbers, but I think it's a pretty even match.. Kimchi's a little better than I am, though, so I'd listen to him.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
65:35 Jigglypuff.

lul you guys are *****ing about his fair even though is a pretty garbage move. You can see it from a mile away and Jigglypuff easily had the mobility to just knock him in between his hits. His moves come out so slow that WoP is so ****ing easy on him (Especially from the front). Dair ***** him too because it's a multihit move that stays out for awhile, and if you're above him he can't do **** to it since his utilt and usmash (along with uair) are all garbage.

DACUS is good against him too. Grab him a lot and never rollout. Ike is pretty much a joke.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
ike is slow, ur a small pink balloon ...
i dunno if im right but isnt it easy to run away from ike? if u just gimped, killed whatever - isnt it very hard for an ike to get u killed if u dont attack?

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Run up to Ike, shieldgrab him, throw him in the air, pummel the **** out of him. I believe Pound > all of Ike's moves. Play cautious, throw him off the edge and gimp gimp gimp.

Wouldn't running around avoiding hits the whole game be similar to planking? O_o

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
It has nothing to do with spacing. His fair pretty much auto-cancels. The lag afterwords is not nearly enough time to get in before a jab. I mean, you might be able to rest the jab but that really isn't going to get you anywhere. I can't recall if pound trades hits with jab or not.

Try playing against good ikes.
Ike has to approach to hit ****.

We dont.

Our approach is better.

I have played Kirk and Slayn Legion and Edo.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Wouldn't running around avoiding hits the whole game be similar to planking? O_o
Assuming that you're in the air the entire time, it's considered "air camping".

Unrelated; we have one more day allotted for Ike discussion before we move on.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
howabout a re-discussion and new discussion in one? not like there's much activity........

I agree on ICs.... I have little experience but from what's seen, air > their grab and Pound ***** all their aerials (dont quote me). Rollout on a stray Nana is very plausible? Also, get ***** when ICs are off the edge hard.

Tham

Smash Apprentice
never rollout against ICs
never go offensive against ICs
never roll to ICs
all that leads into a grab ...
srsly, i dont like the MU ICs
i know a quite good IC player, he chains every char once grabbed to death ... so 3 grabs and the match is over - thats why you have to watch out **** hard ...
the most important thing is the right spacing, if u are too close to the ICs they grab you, so just try to hit with the most disjointed hitboxes you can hit
desyced downB in a SH sux cause approaching is very hard, if u try to jump over the sh down B they do LH downB, if u jump even higher an uair comes
stalling at edge is kind of senseless cause u can not dodge all the time these ice blocks

if the ICs recover, they will mostly use sideB cause it rox as a recovery (if both are together)
they cant grab the edge with that, so they have to get on the stage -> rest out of side B is possible but u need a bit training

as a counterpic i would chose jungle japes (is this stage called so?) - high ceiling, good camp possibilities, or rainow cruise and run away, ICs will die on their own xD, well ... i dont like RC so i always pick jungle japes ...

the MU was in jiggs favour ... never really though that its right cause imo the ICs just have to wait for bad spacing and grab, grab, grab, usmash, dead
the good thing is that always i play against ICs i really concentrate on spacing and its good for training^^

im bad in telling MUs, cause i'd like to tell that its bad for jiggs xD

Framerate

Smash Lord
good thing about the MU is how difficult the CG is on jiggs. Possible one of the hardest. I'll MM lain next tourney and see if he can figure it out.

And about the stages, recently I've been avoiding japes just because it nullifies one of our key killing moves (and our flashiest): rest.

And picking RC is a surefire way to get the IC to change characters. They will not stay ICs for a janky stage, especially when MK is right there....

Noobicidal

Smash Master
For now, we'll stick to the 60:40 ratio for Puff/Ike. I'll do a write up once I get home from class.

Let the IC discussion commence
you impatient ingrates

Top Bottom