• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

T-block

B2B TST
ICs CG's don't get any harder with different weights. The timings change, but that's about it, so if someone puts in as much effort practising the timings for light characters as for mid-weights, they'll be able to CG puff just as well.

Teh-Shlurpie

Smash Journeyman
but seeing as puff spends most of her time in the air, and miniscule time on the floor i would have to say Jiggs is one of the tougher characters to START the chaingrab on

Framerate

Smash Lord
vinnie/PNG cg'd me to over 100 at dso with ic.
his game and watch was also really good with the grab combos...i definitely need a secondary for that guy...
He didn't use back to down did he? I couldn't get the back to down to work, down to down was weird but I think forward to forward would work on puff. I think puff can DI out of down to fair.

Were you teching the G&W d-throws? I know G&W can still grab after a teched d-throw on some characters but I've never seen it against puff.

I'm gonna try to play as many G&Ws at MLG as I can. I really don't think it's that bad of a match up.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
what is jigg's match-up with: Lucario, Sonic?
For Lucario, I think there is a disadvantage since Lucario has a similar wall of pain as well. His B attack is dangerous too, and watch out for his Down B attack. He does get stronger as he takes damage so you want to KO him soon. It's also hard to side step his attacks.

But for the advantages. Jigglypuff can easily edgehog him when he attempts to recover. Since his recovery move does no damage, it's easy to KO him from recovering.

~~~~~~~

For Sonic, I'm not sure about him. He is fast but he is limited in finisher moves. He recovers very well and is not easy to edge hog him. He can move fast and confuse you a bit.

The advantages are is that Jigglypuff may land F smash better, easy to side step his attacks, and Jigglypuff is harder to combo.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
One time I tried to downB against Jigglypuff's spaced bair as a joke, Jiggs retreated mid-attack and rested me in my lag.

Terrible move against Puff. :V

So it took god knows how long just for you guys to come to the conclusion that you don't know the matchup? Good stuff.

ZSS next?

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I would say Lucario is pretty even with maybe a slight advantage to him since she can dodge alot of moves, but he does kill earlier and his f-air is irritating (45-55). We have the advantage over Sonic due to his difficulty for landing a kill move for crap on Jigg's epic spacing ability. (60-40) dont get fsmashed and airdodge when he tries to kill you with aerials, it's kinda obvious when he tries.

I wouldn't mind doing ZSS but she is a b**** for Jiggs, srsly.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So it took god knows how long just for you guys to come to the conclusion that you don't know the matchup?
I'm just an arrogant, lazy ****. As for now, I'll skip this match-up and just move on.

Let's have a discussion about ZSS that we'll never finish. GO GO GO!

Framerate

Smash Lord
Down B is obnoxious and kills really early. Uair has stupid priority and also kills really early. Pretty much another case of disjointed hitboxes and high priority moves making boxing us out. Not to mention the projectile... Not a fun MU. Even if you manage to get her off stage she has a lot of recovering options. Hog the edge and hope she can't jump over you with down b.

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
I just faced her. Wow she's good. Dodge your attacks with a down B, Down Smash is very dangerous, Up Smash has a medium large hit box which can be dangerous in both ways. Stopping your attack when you're in the air, gives decent damage to you. Her forward smash even has a small hitbox behind her. Her air attacks are deadly as well. At least her meteor smashes are hard to land, her grab has large ending lag.

I think Jigglypuff's matchup ratio could be 35 or 30.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
I really hate (facing) ZSS; I reccomend counterpicking another character. Unless you're stubborn like me >_>

Her side-b outranges everything Jiggly has and prevents you from approaching. Being directly above her is asking for a usmash or up-b. Facing her in the air is risky because of u-air. It can kill Jiggs pretty early and the hitbox comes faster then any of Jiggly's aerials (4 frames). Zamus's f-air is also pretty fast coming out in 6 frames; b-air in 8. Pound would help alot against these 2 moves and a predicted u-air might be stopped with d-air. Gimping ZSS is also difficult because she has good recovery options. You can steal the edge to stop the tethers but ZSS still has down-b as an extra jump to recover high or low since she can jump off the stage with it. Don't stay close to her when she's on the ledge because she has the options to punish you; with her quick aerials and up-b from down below. Watch out for Dsmash on the ledge, just space yourself away.
25-75 ZSS favor.

I'll try to play some friendlies later on against a zamus this week as it's been a while since I've played one and I might've improved, but that's it for now.

Titah

Smash Rookie
Hm...
The first time and pretty much the only time I've even fought ZSS was at my first tournament ever (about 1 month ago), and I have to say ZSS is a hard match-up for Jigglypuff.

As for me, I "semi" like to play in a way that I'm constantly spacing my bairs to force my opponents to charge at me so I can grab them and/or punish them. Of course I mix up my styles, but I like doing this style the most :D

ZSS has the potential to be a powerful tank against Jigglypuff. Which makes it difficult because now I must charge in and avoid being punished and/or shield grabbed.

At the get go, ZSS already has her armor to throw right in your face, and then right after she can just stand there shooting those small bursts of stun gun things right at you, forcing you to either shield, jump over it, side-step, or run away. As for me, I normally just jump over it. Reason being, to look like I'm helpless in the air so that the person I'm challenging will charge in so that I can punish them for doing so (shield grabbing oh how I love you so).

When approaching ZSS, she has the tools to push you away and the hitbox range to hit Jiggs before you can hit her. With moves such as her forward special, up special, and most of her smashes (her up smash and up special is that exact same thing...wth).

A good thing within all these negatives is that there is an angle where we can jump in and attack and still avoid everything she can throw at us. The bad side is, if the player playing ZSS realizes this and uses that weakness to bait and punish us Jigglypuff mains.

Another good thing is that ZSS has a lot lag time after her move is done. That will be easily punishable from pretty much anything, like resting :D

As for gimping, I'd say it's not hard, but not too easy to gimp her. I'll say it's easier to edge hog her than to gimp her, but I believe this area can be widely argued upon.

My advice on how to approach ZSS is to force ZSS to move (In other words play campy and defensively). I feel that you'll have an easier time fighting a moving ZSS then a tank ZSS. Being that it will be easier to punish ZSS when she's moving because of the lag after her moves. The tank ZSS will just end up with you jumping in and being punished for doing so.

So use that angle where you can hit her but she can't hit you to make her move around.

How to use that angle? I think you could just mix in attacks and empty short hops to confuse and bait your opponent, thus making them move.

Though I'm new to the boards (this being my second post ever), this is my opinion on the matter of ZSS and Jiggs. Of course my mind can be swayed be other opinions if I feel they dominate my beliefs.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
ZSS is pretty annoying due to the danger of side-b and uair, but remember: She doesn't have a grab! Just play a grounded spammy game like you would against Marth. Just be cautious about committing to jumps and you can get hits in, it's not an awful matchup.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I always assumed it would be hard to get inside a Zamus's spacing because she outranges Jiggs. What are the ground option Jiggs is supposed 'spam'?.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Ground? Options? Oh, you mean like grab?

...I don't get what we're talking about guys, sorry.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
not that horrible imo
if she misses a grab its a free rest =D dash has more priority then a lot of her moves iirc mehh deff NOT 25-75 shes not gaw........ id say 40-60 and I even think we have an advantage on japes :D

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
if your opponent jumps, then f-tilt outranges grab
a good nair will force a pop-up and lead into an up-tilted f-tilt.
if they shield is when you grab

Top Bottom