• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
KJ covered just about everything.

I'd add that you should under no circumstances try to dair camp Bowser. You'll just get up B'd every time...right, GNES?

Nair is a wonder offstage against Bowser. Eating his jumps with nair is a great way to gimp Bowser.

Again, like KJ said, don't get grabbed, which shouldn't be too tough in this MU. Jiggs should be aircamping the heck outta Bowser.

When in doubt, run it out.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Don't try to shark Bowser. That's pretty much all I can add that hasn't been said so far.

If I were a Jigglypuff main I would definitely ban Halberd over Yoshi's Island. Just my opinion though.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yep yep, I agree with Flayl here. Last place you want to go against Bowser as Jiggs is Halberd.

I'm more inclined to call this MU a 60:40 for Bowser.

60:40 or 55:45 is fine with me, I just don't want Jiggs players to be walking into a MU thinking it's hopeless, it just requires alot of patience.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Yeah. God ****it I always come late to matchup discussions. :l Basically, everything that KJ said.

I would say Bowser for the most part should be grounded unless he's going for that aerial Klaw, a kill, grab release UAir or getting juggled by Jigglypuff. I haven't had too much success using Bowser's FFNAir as a "combo-breaker" when getting juggled by Jigglypuff, although I'm not completely throwing it away as an option to get out. You can try mixing up FFNair and AD's to get down to the ground.

I also kinda agree with Flayl/Ziggy, if anything, ban Halberd. It'll suck a lot if we get gimped on the mid flight form of Halberd, but you know. We should be grounded.

I would also call this match 60-40 just because of the sheer ease of killing...but not only on that base. KJ stole everything :[ And I can't stress patience enough. Using Jiggs on a Bowser before, it's really annoying trying to get a hit inside him when he's throwing out his shield, FTilt and Klaws everywhere. Just get your hits in here and there, and try to get a lead. This MU is far from impossible or hopeless though.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The discussion seems adequate enough. We'll settle on 60:40 Puff for now, and re-discuss it later if need be.

Ignore the OP, and suggest who the next character to be is.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
dair the fireballs as they bounce off the ground....and foxtrot away a lot...cuz he'll do everything oos or out of a short hop. Marios bair is scary while two fireballs are out....mario is one of the few matchups you should dodge roll a lot in....but wait til hes jumping before you do so

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm sorry ;____;, hugs? <3

Also, will the exports be for every character after this point? Or is Mario a test subject?
Mario is the test subject, and if all goes well, I'll make exports for the characters that have yet to get any discussion, then the six that we don't have adequate write ups for, then the 12 match ups that we've talked to death.

Why did you put Bowser as 60:40 your advantage?
Because KJ is an idiot. I'll get that changed.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
for Next discussion what about discussing one of the Mother boys?

Lucas or Ness? (im leaning towards Lucas *I wonder why lol*) But nah seriously Ness is already being discussed on their boards.

So yea my votes Lucas next. ^_^

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Coincidentally, Lucas is right after Mario on the master list. Unless there's a sudden demand for another character to be discussed, Lucas will be next.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
FFFF why is it me choosing the previous two MUs ;_;

other's should say who they want. I just go with the first character that pops into my head that sounds fun.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
The Lucas discussion hasn't even been open for two hours. I'll consider Ike, but for now, it's too early to decide the next possible candidate.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Update: I stole Alex's old chart and filled in the ratios that we already have. While it's not exactly pretty or up to date in regards to the tier list, we have SOMETHING to look at until I get around to making a fabulous chart from scratch.

T-block

B2B TST
Cool... when you do, I'd like to suggest that you remove Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard as individual entries. The ratios for those three would be useful, but they can go in the PT summary.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Cool... when you do, I'd like to suggest that you remove Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard as individual entries. The ratios for those three would be useful, but they can go in the PT summary.
I'll consider that, thanks.

I do too ;_;

Also my vote is to work at the LTs we have yet to done. Soooo my vote's Ike as well. Even though the Lucas MU is still going.
While I wouldn't mind discussing Ike, we have already discussed him, so I'd much rather choose a low tier character that we haven't ever attempted before.

I'm quite partial to Ganon, personally.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well you can write a ton on that MU Stephen so I'm fine with Ganon.
Oh, most definitely. It will be the longest write up out of any character. Most of the Ganon mains are at least somewhat familiar with my Puff, so they'll be able to contribute as well.

For those reasons, I almost want to save it due to how much fun it'll be for me.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, Fox DOES fit both categories that we're currently working with. I have no problems with discussing him next.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
As much as I love Jiggz, I see those MUs are pretty optimistic for a borderline bottom tier character. Oh wait that is another reason Jiggz is much better :D
But I have doubts about Falco, I play a lot against my friends Falco and I just can't beat him.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm considering pausing the Fox discussion for now and moving on. Does anyone have any objections/recommendations as to whom we'll discuss next?

Top Bottom