• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jiggz Match-Up Thread

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Pound may acctually be a worse option than f-air on a grounded Olimar. They like to punish OoS a lot, and pound is a bit too laggy and predictable.
That is why I said when they start catching on, mix it up with retreating airdodges and D-airs. I can't really hit a grounded Olimar with F-air.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
That is why I said when they start catching on, mix it up with retreating airdodges and D-airs. I can't really hit a grounded Olimar with F-air.
Any attack that pokes though shields or that is hard to punish OoS is a good option against Olimar when he is using this tactic. (D-air, N-air)

F-air may be used if you know how to properly retreat with it.

For example, attacking and then rising out of his reach. Then depending on if it landed or was blocked, follow up with a d-air or n-air sour spot.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So uh, I wanted to get this started again, lol.

I'd appreciate input on the thread layout/analysis style (never liked the double character thing in the first place). Character order will be determined by a group vote/need first, and by tier list second.

Stage discussion will be bumped when I feel like it.

Cold Fusion

So uh, I wanted to get this started again, lol.
I have been wanting to do that for half-a month already.

I'd appreciate input on the thread layout/analysis style (never liked the double character thing in the first place). Character order will be determined by a group vote/need first, and by tier list second.
Call me crazy, but in a dead character board, I believe it is best to discuss two at a time. Tbh, I would rather have one master thread and a thread for discussing a specific character.

Stage discussion will be bumped when I feel like it.
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Cold Fusion

Just restart the MU discussions and work from there.

highfive

Smash Lord
HIGHFIVE'S SCRUB VIEW ON:
OLIMAR
I find Olimar can do equally well in the air and the ground although a perfectly balanced Olimar will do both with great results. His downfall is his mediocre recovery, therefore, he can easily be gimped offstage or be WoP'd until he can't recover anymore. This isn't usually the case since he can basically camp until Jiggs is up to around 80% then do a Usmash and get Jiggs down a stock or two. He can keep her at bay with strong Airs, even if offstage, and finish it with a spike if Jiggs attempts a WoP.

VERDICT: 20 to 80
IN FAVOR OF: OLIMAR:olimar:

PIKACHU
This thing is annoying. Not to mention fast with a wicked Dsmash that comes out like, pardon the pun, lightning. His Airs can also be a problem but not nearly as much as Olimar's. Since Pikachu has no spike (not that I know of) the air is the best place for Jiggs to be. However, Jiggs would have to constantly be at a low altitude in order to punish Pikachu with Pound and Bair. In the air Pikachu's smashes are pretty much null and void which gives Jiggs a huge advantage. She can pretty much out manuever Pikachu and stop most of his Airs save for Fair. As long as Jiggs plays it safe in the air her only problem is Pika's Lightning Bolt. Pikachu's Lightning Bolt also poses a threat to Jiggs since it can kill her at low percentages. This could lead Jiggs to have a ground approach with Pikachu but this would end up bad for her since her smashes have some start up time and Pikachu's have OMGWTFHAX speed. So basically: Low Altitude or GTFO. WoP'ing Pikachu can also have problems since his Quick Attack matches or out paces Jigglypuff's air speed. Creating for a potential edge guard reversal on Jigglypuff.

VERDICT: 60 to 40
IN FAVOR OF: PIKACHU:pikachu2:

highfive

Smash Lord
Skull bash is also a worry but I haven't faced any Pika's that actually charge theirs. Too scared to get a sing'd then Rested.

I think Nair and Pound could work against Pika.

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm not sure. If it does then dang does pika have options out the wazoo. good thing that Jiggly has some options as well.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
PIKACHU
This thing is annoying. Not to mention fast with a wicked Dsmash that comes out like, pardon the pun, lightning. His Airs can also be a problem but not nearly as much as Olimar's. Since Pikachu has no spike (not that I know of) the air is the best place for Jiggs to be. However, Jiggs would have to constantly be at a low altitude in order to punish Pikachu with Pound and Bair. In the air Pikachu's smashes are pretty much null and void which gives Jiggs a huge advantage. She can pretty much out manuever Pikachu and stop most of his Airs save for Fair. As long as Jiggs plays it safe in the air her only problem is Pika's Lightning Bolt. Pikachu's Lightning Bolt also poses a threat to Jiggs since it can kill her at low percentages. This could lead Jiggs to have a ground approach with Pikachu but this would end up bad for her since her smashes have some start up time and Pikachu's have OMGWTFHAX speed. So basically: Low Altitude or GTFO. WoP'ing Pikachu can also have problems since his Quick Attack matches or out paces Jigglypuff's air speed. Creating for a potential edge guard reversal on Jigglypuff.

VERDICT: 60 to 40
IN FAVOR OF: PIKACHU:pikachu2:
Pika has more of an advantage. 65:35 seems a bit more appropriate.

And do not fear the down smash! It's super easy to SDI out of :)

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
The man has a point; fear Usmash. I'm not kidding, it kills us so ****ing early and if we forget how to AD, Pika gets a free Thunder :mad:.

btw, Nair starts killing Jiggs around 130 or so. That might be something to watch out for.
A vertical hit does not mean a free thunder unless you have horrible DI.

Always BE away from the range of that attack.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu can beat us, but not too badly. We have a decent enough chance, so I'd say 55-45 in Pika's favor or 50-50.

FaWa

Smash Apprentice
Lolimar...is difficult. I used to secondary him. He uses his pikmin to slowly make your % go up and proceeds to kill you due to your light weight. Always stay up close, and keep him in the air.

60:40 in favor of olimar.

(And as said before, 55-45 in favor of Pika.)

Cold Fusion

40-60... what do we have on Homolar, again? I really felt better with 30-70.

Remember, he's gay. So we lose 0-100
I actually believe it is around 40:60, give or take five points.

I know it is not very specific, but this is how I recommend fighting him:

Against Olimar, remember to not use F-air on a grounded Olimar. Approach with falling pounds. Once he catches on, mix it up with some retreating air-dodges and D-airs. While at +80%, do not jump over Olimar, his up-smash will kill you. Do not be afraid to edge-hog him, he will die. Do not forget however that you may die in the process as well. Remember, whenever you get a lead over Olimar, aircamp him.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Both of you need to stop meat-riding each other and try to create meaningful discussion.

Hell, throw out numbers for all I care.

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
So how's about being fourth-last? Does the concept of not being Ganon make Jiggs awful? Her placement is so bad, it doesn't even warrant bragging rights.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So how's about being fourth-last? Does the concept of not being Ganon make Jiggs awful? Her placement is so bad, it doesn't even warrant bragging rights.
Sure, it may be pointless in the grand scheme of things, but amongst your fellow peers who use the same character, bragging rights can have some merit.

Cold Fusion

So I think Zelda wrecks us. Discuss?

Mike B

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8237-0519
Her smashes can be easily DI'd. Extremely easy to gimp. Dins Fire is Nair-canceled. Aerials should never hit.

I'm more worried about Sheik. With everything that is Sheik, it's a ***** to get in.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Her smashes can be easily DI'd. Extremely easy to gimp. Dins Fire is Nair-canceled. Aerials should never hit.

I'm more worried about Sheik.
Sheik doesn't have her normal combos on us due to our weight. Extremely easy to gimp. Needles aren't very effective on us. Her aerials are no threat to us.

I'm more worried about Mrs. Hyphen Smash Zelda.

Cold Fusion

The only Zelda that was not trash that I fought wrecked me.

Cold Fusion

The only way I could hit her was by bating whatever smash she was planning.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
The only way I could hit her was by bating whatever smash she was planning.
thats pretty much what it comes down to, you have to bait her everything cause she has transcendent priority on almost everything. i still haven't figured out a way to deal w/ her jab yet.....

Top Bottom