• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Why doesn't this count as TMI?
Because it's obviously not true, lol(not sure if you were joking or not)

My life: So I've been having some goods news lately. I was of the notion that the funding for my position would run out in mid-november. Instead I just learned that they'll have me here until the end of the year, and even better there is enough funding for me to work additional hours every week. My supervisor was telling me this as if it's bad news and I should be disappointed, lol it's a relief.

The only bad part about all this is that my supervisor seems to be of the impression that I am committed to this job until the end of the year, which is wrong because I've been looking for alternate jobs since months ago. In fact a company I interviewed for a while back is supposed to get back to me by tomorrow. And I may end up giving his two weeks' notice(possibly even shorter notice than that) as early as tomorrow. This part is unfortunate because if I leave too early then I likely won't be able to use him as professional reference in my future, and I was starting to think I could :/

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
So recently I've had a ****ton of schoolwork on my neck. However, it's beginning to clear up and I'll soon have finished 2 mandatory courses over 6 months in advance :)

Jasou

Smash Ace
I did my first falco shine shffl nair shield pressure today on my friend. Almost broke his shield too. I'm happy about that considering I started maining falco a few days ago.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i have generally been happier lately, balancing my social life with school. i used to think that i should man up and not feel lonely, but it's just a human part of me to want company. so i've been more social lately and it's made me happier, and more motivated to excel in my work

Jasou

Smash Ace
Played over 4 hours of melee today at club, it was pretty fun. When the better players in the club left I went to go fool around with the noobs. It was funny because my teammate wanted to 1v1 me in a team match... when we were on the same team, so I took him out and then took out the other team. It was lots of fun hearing them laugh all the time, makes me happy.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Payed a bit more than I wanted to for my new laptop but it has a 4 year guaranteed warranty, and that's just badass. It'll also be nice to us ea computer that doesn't shut off every time I steam videos without manually cooling the system.:urg:

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I joined a Brawl crew. It's very new, and we have to schedule days where we play and practice consistently, but I'm sure we can be a threat if we put our minds to it. :3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was up early enough to catch breakfast at McDonalds!

Love Bacon Egg McBiscuits with cheese

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
You know what is awesome.

That little grimer postbit icon you have.
I want one of those. Pity it's hard as hell to get, or so I hear. I guess if I beat someone like M2K or Ally at a tourney, I could get one? But that seems like a lofty feat. Oh well.

I started playing DC Universe Online again, and apparently, my character is still a valuable healer for any group or league that needs one. Don't I feel accomplished... lul

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I want one of those. Pity it's hard as hell to get, or so I hear. I guess if I beat someone like M2K or Ally at a tourney, I could get one? But that seems like a lofty feat. Oh well.

I started playing DC Universe Online again, and apparently, my character is still a valuable healer for any group or league that needs one. Don't I feel accomplished... lul
Actually, almost nobody in the BRoom plays Smash anymore. You're thinking of the Smash Back Room which doesn't give grimer postbits out, i don't think.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Actually, almost nobody in the BRoom plays Smash anymore. You're thinking of the Smash Back Room which doesn't give grimer postbits out, i don't think.
Huh, that's a shame. Well, for all we know, the guys in the Broom might get back into Smash Bros., when Smash 4 is released. Who knows?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
knowing the nature of the BRoom from past experience, i doubt it. well, i'm sure they'd play the game, but it would hardly be the topic of discussion in there

Strife

Banned via Warnings
It's weird. I used to hate this part of my job where I have to go out in the field and do surveying. But now I don't mind it all, it's hardly ''work'' at all. And I can relax while being productive at the same time. It's nice.

Jasou

Smash Ace
I started off the day as usual, except this morning in our language class we sang a song. The first time the lyrics were unclear, so we did it again with more confidence. For once I really went outside my normal zone and actually put confidence into the lyrics. Later that day I found my smash game a LOT better and more confident, I did some great reads on one of our best players. Wow, interesting stuff.... so now I just have to sing with confidence to raise my confidence, because my confidence is my weak area in most pvp games.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I was speaking to a coworker of mine today and she was saying how I should apply to jobs everywhere as companies will pay for your travel if they want to interview. That's exactly what her Husband's company did for him so I think I'll take her advice, I mean really the worse that can happen is they tell me they can't pay my expense and don't get the job, while on the other hand I may actually get a job elsewhere(I hate this crappy state anyways), i guess the only real issue is useless applications taking up my time

And I finally got my new laptop today :awesome:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Should I meet up with my ex who broke up with me on good terms or not...

:urg:

(I see her daily at school anyway, where we talk pretty often, but I'm talking about going over to her house)

EDIT: LOL DONT MIND ME POSTING IN THE WRONG THREAD LIKE A NEW***

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Should I meet up with my ex who broke up with me on good terms or not...

:urg:

(I see her daily at school anyway, where we talk pretty often, but I'm talking about going over to her house)

EDIT: LOL DONT MIND ME POSTING IN THE WRONG THREAD LIKE A NEW***
Depends on what you want, are you interested in being with her again, interested in sleeping with her, or do you just want her in your life in anyway? Really think about those questions.

So a girl who used to be one of my best friends(our relationship has been strained since I left college) seems to be upset with me. Basically she made me promise not to mention a certain person ever again, and today she is pissed off because I vaguely made an indirect reference to this person, LMAO! This girl is the most sensitive person I have ever met in my life. Part of the issue is because she has strong feelings for me, and I told her that I am pursuing a relationship with the other girl. But eve so, this is just ridiculous, it's comical.

Maybe I'm reading too much into things and she isn't upset, bothered, annoyed or hurt by any of this. We'll see I guess. If she is bothered by it though then we need to talk about this issue, get it resolved or stop being friends. If she's gonna get upset about things like this then we don't have much of a friendship as it is.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So I ordered Arkham City yesterday. I live somewhere quite remote and the game isn't out until tomorrow, yet it arrived today!

YAY!

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I have some truly helpful and caring people in my life. I am happy about that.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've been sexually harassed by girls.

Since it's a good thing, I'll just put this here. >_>

Also, encountered a red bull car and got a free drink. Woo!

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
1000 Word Essay done in about an hour(Hadn't Started). Wasn't too much work but I'm just glad it's finished for tomorrow.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Completely forgot about the final draft of an essay that was due for my writing class. My professor gave me an extension for full credit due to my rough draft being well-done and on time, though. Pretty much amazing.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Listening to Mylo Xyloto right now. So far, I'm...not displeased.

EDIT: Looks like I had nothing to worry about. =)

Top Bottom