• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Jasou

Smash Ace
Playing melee always helps me feel better with things. I pulled off my first triple spike and 2 dair > shine > up-b kills. I wish I could play it more often.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
♥ Well, I'm almost going to have my week of from work in roughly a week from today, I can't wait since I haven't had much time of work, this should be relaxing. ★

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm tryna make this week a turning point in my life. So ignore my attempts at pumping myself up.

LETSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i defeated DP and lost to catnip, his brother, and a brawl player. so random haha.

DP was previously ranked and has beaten players like silentspectre, but i was able to figure out his falco. however, his brother's falco had a style more suited to fighting my ice climbers and i just got tense/nervous in gf's and lost :( i used to be much better than catnip back in the day, but i could tell that playing brawl really helped his spacing and patience in melee.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Damn, and I thought I knew all of the california players :)

I heard of catnip when I used to be into brawl...the dark times of my life :)

Congrats though! There is always a next time haha

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, yeah. this was my first time heading to sacramento for a tournament. i knew i could expect DP would be the "best" player there, so i'm glad i defeated him 3-0 in LF after losing 0-2 in WS. however, i did not expect that his brother would be great in melee as well.

i went two sets in GF, first winning 3-2 then losing 1-3.

next time i go, i will definitely be prepared for catnip.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
You kidding me? Fox/Falcon is a free matchup. Please. Just don't embarass him too hard, that's all I ask, Tyler. ;)

ulises3000

Smash Ace
NNID
Ulises3000
3DS FC
1951-1622-8058
Switch FC
SW-4892-0521-2326
Just got Portal 2 for 10$ on Steam. Can't wait till it's done downloading :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
settled into my new house on the beach. i've about a month into the lease, but i've only been inside it for about a few days, so things are still not set up properly.

skylights!

rockin chair and stone griffin designer toy!

balcony sunrise

island backdrop with small boat crusing by

prrretty sweet.

Jasou

Smash Ace
^that does look nice.

I am happy that it is thanksgiving and that I have things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for my nice friends irl and on the Internet, being on vacation to avoid my family(thank god), my friends who like to playsmash with, and that we could give three small meals to three homeless people today along with an umbrella to one.

I hope your all having a good one :)

:phone:

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Lucky Cao, that looks amazing to just chill with mates.

Had a great get together with some friends and new peoples. Got woohoo'd and just had an awesome night in general. Woke up and watched 3 movies, Horrible bosses, WallE, and the new movie Drive with Ryan Gosling.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
A few months back my best friends for the last few years and I broke and decided never to talk to each other again(well more like I decided that); and now I feel like I'm finally at a place where I can reach out to her again. I feel like I can send her a friend request on FB, and I'll be fine if she ignores my friend request, and even if she accepts and I'm simply not important to her. I've missed her a bit lately, and I was wrong for a lot of what I did in our relationship. So I know that what I should do is try to reach out to her again. I'm not ready to reach out to her again just yet, but that I feel this way is a very good sign.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
For my career choice.

Btw, Crush, did you meet Citizen Snips (3rd best player on the east coast) and Palpi (5th best player on the east coast) at RoM?

crush

Smash Master
Yes I did meet citizen sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiips (the 3rd best player on the east coast) and palpi (the 5th best player on the east coast) at RoM.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Bought a thing of vodka and enjoyed it with friends.

Maybe it's just the bars I've gone to, but the smell of cigarettes and gasoline reminds me of vodka so every time I'm at Walmart I desire vodka

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm about ready to make a mix-feelings thread myself. Really this is ridiculous.

So I was contacted for a job today, which I initially declined because they wanted me to start Wednesday and I was committed to finishing the project at my current job. I spoke to one of my bosses(I have two at this job) and she pushed me to go get the job, saying that my duration at this job is nearly over, there is more potential growth on that job, it's a fantastic resume builder, and she by herself will be a strong reference from this job anyways.

So I've decided to take the job. Right now waiting on them to tell me that it all checks out and I do have the job(the recruiter said they aren't looking to interview, they'll just hire me). The main issue with the job however, is that the commute is ****ing awful. This is really gonna affect my quality of life. I don't have a car and by public transportation it's 2 going and coming back, and on Saturdays(they said I'd have to be open to overtime) it'll be 3 **** hours! I'm gonna have to change my entire sleep schedule!

What'll probably have to happen is that I'll likely have to move over there. Which isn't ideal because I have a very cheap apartment(fantastic considering all things included) and it's very very close to major transportation hubs. Also Unless they hire me full time this job is only a 2 month contract. So it probably wouldn't be worth it. IDK!

Edit: Hmm, this probably belongs more in the unhappy thread.

Top Bottom