• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Happy thread, happy all the time. Ponies are unbanned 10-09-2011. Unless the ponies state that they are ridiculous ponies.

Douche of the day award belongs to PsychoIncarnate. :O :D <3

EDIT:

Rules of thread:
1. All happy, all the time. Minimal Trolling allowed for laughs.
2. Don't bash the Unhappy thread. UNHAPPY PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE TOO!
3. Beware of Luigitoilet, the cynic.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I know. I ain't hatin on the Unhappy thread, because people need a place to vent. But this is the happy thread, when life give you sheet, and you need that pep me up to get you through the day.

Genesis, it lurks!!!!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I had a good day at work despite being sick and having a bajillion customers. Taught my korean coworker about onomatopoeia and what 'yuck', 'ick', 'ew', and 'shhhh' mean. That was fun.
AND I ATE 2 CUPCAKES.

Life is good.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I have my first date ever on friday.
Have a bat before the date. It calms the nerves and will stop you from staring at certain body parts for too long. I feel bad saying that, given my "beliefs" but seeing as you're an athiest it's of no consequence to you.

Be a gentleman, but don't be too nice either. Being too nice immediately puts you in the "friend zone".

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Or he could, ya know, just control himself.

I had to shower like every week with a whole team of naked swimmers. Whatever dude, just don't put it in a sexual light.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Just be yourself, smile, don't laugh, let her talk (women likes to talk) and show yourself interested in what she says.
Don't touch your face and keep your hands open and out of your pocket where she can see them, and don't play with them either.

And of course; don't show desperate about anything.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Have a bat before the date. It calms the nerves and will stop you from staring at certain body parts for too long. I feel bad saying that, given my "beliefs" but seeing as you're an athiest it's of no consequence to you.
You probably wouldn't believe it from our past conversations; I'm not an atheist, I'm a deist. :) I'll keep advice in mind, but tbh I am gonna be nervous regardless. I really like this girl and I've actually fancied her for a long time. I booked a sushi restaurant (she likes asian food), not decided what we'll do for the rest of the night.

I hope friday goes well. She is totally out my league and she's the one who asked me out. I didn't realise she's been flirting with me for a year. I suck at this haha.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
Finally talked to a girl ive liked
Since first grade ( I'm a freshman). Didn't ask her out or anything, but still feels good to say more than "hi" to her :p

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm going to El Paso for a tournament on Saturday, and I'm feeling pretty good. I also beat Shilo Village on Runescape. It's been my goal for like 7 years. lol

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
For the first time today I finally got a compliment from a random studen in the halls in my life (but I mean one that actually gave more self esteem as a person)

I really felt so compelled about what she said about my skills as an editor for tv production that I was about to apply for the performing arts thing they have on that but I found out that applications were a month ago so I can't apply

It really feels nice when you have someone complimenting on something you work on a lot instead of the opposite for a change

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Today a really nice senior helped me practice for my all state orchestra audition. She's super good (assistant concertmaster) and I think I made more progress in 45 minutes than I had in 2 weeks. Time to practice some more :D

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Some nights are just better than others. This was one of those. And yes this needs to be stickied.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Afraid I got no pictures. We talked for around 5 hours straight. Got kicked out of a restaurant and dessert bar for staying too long :laugh:. Had a good night, but ultimately, I still felt I was getting mixed signals so didn't go any further. We're just gonna be friends for now. Going to a movie some time next week with her.

In other news, I won a prize for best in paediatrics from my medical school today.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
^^^
The OP should put the happy face as the thread icon. Same for unhappy thread. It's too perfect.

This was a few months ago, but it had snowed in my town and I was driving to the store. I thought I had cleared my windshield, but at a red light this guy in front of me hopped out and cleared my headlights since I had forgotten. Took like ten seconds and he waved and got back inside his car just in time to catch the green light.

I didn't think people did that kinda thing anymore. *wipes away tear*

RATED

Smash Lord
congrats SuperBowser. :)

---

This thread has to be stickied.

------------

My first post here( in the thread) but not the last. I am trying to evade or learn to not "rage" at stuff and be a more calm and relaxed person. ( including in smash)

Thanks to a girl I am starting to like who we talk almost every day via Chat or sometimes Phone or IRL(but we don't have that time since our college hours doesnt let us) but at a conversation I told her how calm she is and that I would love to have a bit of that calm personality(she's really calm/quiet person, which is the kind of personality that I find most attractive in a women) and we started to talk about a related topic and told me about meditation and stuff.

We continue talking until my mind realizes how "easy" my life could be if I were a more patient person? or how much problems I could evade thanks to it?

I am trying not to get mad at stuff so easily.

I am going to do it.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Okay, I'm gonna be honest here.

The reason I haven't stickied this is I hate so many stickied topics in one thread. Makes for a very ugly and unwieldy forum.

SO:

The only real sensible conclusion to me would be to unsticky LAS PICTORAS and in its place sticky the HAPPY THREAD. Las Pictoras not really something as "vital" and active as mood threads.

Agree/disagree?

And honestly, that thread is like a billion years old. I can't believe there hasn't been another version. There are pictures of me in there as like a 12 year old. Well, they're probably dead links by now but still.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
unsticky picture thread, stick happy thread.

I played smash today and saw Shivknight for the first time in like a month, then subway.

Awwwskeet.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hell the **** no. :mad:

Las Pictoras must never be unstuck!

Top Bottom