• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Brawlplusery - Brawl+ Codeset - Updated 3rd April

Status
Not open for further replies.

metroid1117

Smash Master
ike still feels like a ton of bricks >_>
Ike is fine, in my opinion. A lot of the problems he had in Brawl like a mediocre throw game, laggy aerials, and no real way to bear down on projectile spammers have been patched up with Brawl+'s faster and more combo-oriented system. FAir is incredibly good at shutting down people now that it's lag has been reduced, and DThrow is AMAZING now. You can chaingrab characters like Fox at low % and land a BAir on nearly everyone at low-middle %s even if they DI away from you (just RAR it). BThrow and FThrow are both amazing at setting up for dash attack, and his jab combos are still just as good.

The only thing bad about Ike is his recovery, but it's still annoying for people to edgeguard Aether properly if you DI'd upward enough.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
That's the thing... It could go either way. The pieces can either help you gain a huge lead in the beginning of the match or be used against you and do the exact opposite.

I've sometimes seen ZSS's just chuck their pieces off stage in the beginning of the match so they would eliminate the possibility of the pieces being used against them.

So, instead, how about holding a button, while selecting ZSS, would allow you to start out with no suit pieces. Or, vice versa.

I believe that would be best because it gives the player a choice.
You just said how people deal with not wanting the pieces used against them. They thrown them off. That is their choice. Why make a code to do the same thing you can do yourself?

There have been times where i throw 2 off and keep 1 when i know my opponent is good at item catching so i would just just throw the one armor piece down in front of me and use it as spacing since it bounces and hits everytime it bounce.. Having none would eliminate this option.

5ive

Smash Champion
What's up with the random trolls in this thread?
If you have nothing productive to say, don't bother posting.

Cero

Smash Lord
You just said how people deal with not wanting the pieces used against them. They thrown them off. That is their choice. Why make a code to do the same thing you can do yourself?

There have been times where i throw 2 off and keep 1 when i know my opponent is good at item catching so i would just just throw the one armor piece down in front of me and use it as spacing since it bounces and hits everytime it bounce.. Having none would eliminate this option.
In the same way Olimar leaves himself open when he spends time plucking his pikmen in the beginning of the match, ZSS leaves herself open when she's chucking pieces off the stage.

Having the option to either start the match with or without the suit pieces would just be an extra choice and ultimately be left up to personal preference.

In any case, it's not very important, but, should still be left for consideration.

EDIT: Sorry, just thought of another example. Like, in Melee, when a person would hold A to transform into Sheik at the very beginning of the match instead of leaving themselves open like an idiot.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Lmao. You know what, I've suddenly lost respect for brawl+ since it's run by idiots. A bad character can be good trust me, I main CF in vbrawl. There are impossible matchups for me to overcome, but a "bad character" is only what you make of it. There were pichu mains in melee, and link mains in 64. Actually, let me not let 3 people make me think bad of b+. There's still Neko. I respect him. But a lot of you refuse to read and bring up pointless statements.
I'm sorry that I actually think logically and methodically about how characters play against others, ignoring trivial things like player skill in favor of a character's inherent traits.

In melee, if you were bowser and you fought a good sheik, you may as well have just put down the controller before the fight started, because in all likelihood, you weren't going to win it. Bowser's flaws in this matchup are very easily abused by sheik. As such, the disparity in skill level required for a bowser to win that matchup would need to be huge. Sure, you could pit a great bowser player (ie. gimpyfish) against a mediocre sheik player (ie. random sheik player #686543) and the bowser player would win. But does this make bowser good in the matchup? Frick no. It means that the bowser player was significantly better than the sheik player, and was able to overcome the horrible disadvantage presented by the matchup.

Player skill has absolutely nothing to do with the inherent abilities a character has. If you don't understand that basic concept, then I give up. I can't take a person seriously who doesn't understand the basic concept of a character matchup.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
DJ Nintendo's bowser beat M2K's shiek.
I placed 25/97 in a recent tourney with falcon alone and you can check my allisbrawl account for the results if you refuse to believe me.

You guys are seriously.."uptight" if you refuse to believe a bad character cant be good in the right hands. You are senselessly bashing me and I don't care if you can make an organized argument leafgreen if you are wrong. My original first comment that started this is that "IN THE RIGHT HANDS ANY CHARACTER CAN BE GOOD". that is fact, and to see people argue against it is stupid. I like brawl+, but lets say, like I've said before, I play my 3 year old nephew. He, will, lose. Any game, best character, I guarantee he wont win because I am simply a better player than he is.

EDIT: I'm not trolling, and the reason why leafgreen you may feel that way is your mindset. If I played falcon and go to a tourney and assume immediately "oh gee, i have to face (insert top tier here). I can't win. Match-up ratios are against me etc." Then you're going to lose. I remember reading that if you are sick physically, and you actually have a good mindset (ie: "im going to get better) you increase your chances of overcoming the cold. I believe the same can be applied to gaming.

EDIT: On topic, there's a bike glitch with wario in luigi's mansion where if he uses his bike, it becomes stuck in the background

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
DJ Nintendo's bowser beat M2K's shiek.
I placed 25/97 in a recent tourney with falcon alone and you can check my allisbrawl account for the results if you refuse to believe me.

You guys are seriously.."uptight" if you refuse to believe a bad character cant be good in the right hands. You are senselessly bashing me and I don't care if you can make an organized argument leafgreen if you are wrong. My original first comment that started this is that "IN THE RIGHT HANDS ANY CHARACTER CAN BE GOOD". that is fact, and to see people argue against it is stupid. I like brawl+, but lets say, like I've said before, I play my 3 year old nephew. He, will, lose. Any game, best character, I guarantee he wont win because I am simply a better player than he is.

EDIT: I'm not trolling, and the reason why leafgreen you may feel that way is your mindset. If I played falcon and go to a tourney and assume immediately "oh gee, i have to face (insert top tier here). I can't win. Match-up ratios are against me etc." Then you're going to lose. I remember reading that if you are sick physically, and you actually have a good mindset (ie: "im going to get better) you increase your chances of overcoming the cold. I believe the same can be applied to gaming.
Again you're talking about player skill. Stop doing that. It means nothing when you're talking about the worth of a character. You gave me one rare scenario where a top bowser beat a top sheik. DJ Nintendo is great with bowser. I do not doubt that. But that doesn't make bowser good. It makes the player good with the character. A player can be good with any character. But not any character can be good. See the difference?

And you obviously don't go into a matchup thinking you're going to lose. You are going to try your best to win. If you're very good in the matchup and skilled with mindgames, then you can come out on top, proving that you are, in fact, the better player. I never said that you couldn't. It just doesn't mean anything if you're talking about how good a character is.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Again you're talking about player skill. Stop doing that. It means nothing when you're talking about the worth of a character. You gave me one rare scenario where a top bowser beat a top sheik. DJ Nintendo is great with bowser. I do not doubt that. But that doesn't make bowser good. It makes the player good with the character. A player can be good with any character. But not any character can be good. See the difference?

And you obviously don't go into a matchup thinking you're going to lose. You are going to try your best to win. If you're very good in the matchup and skilled with mindgames, then you can come out on top, proving that you are, in fact, the better player. I never said that you couldn't. It just doesn't mean anything if you're talking about how good a character is.
Lets not spam the boards but my question to you now is what is your argument?:ohwell:

EDIT: pm me

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
since we're talking about character buffs, Im going to talk about ROB.

first in the list: remove the unneeded nerf ASAP!!! since Brawl+ is fast, its easier to avoid at normal speed... I didn't find it that funny when you guys mentioned it in the podcast...

thanks to the momentum code, side B is WAY more useful than it ever was in vBrawl, but it could still use a few buffs:

decrease cooldown and start up slightly (around .9 maybe?) so that ROB can combo easier out of it, or defend himself if need be.

add more power to it. it takes like 3 per hit and there is a probability that it won't hit.
or make it so that it hits more frequently, and sucks in the opponent. like a slowed-down version of TLink's upB.

if possible, extend its reflector properties to double the amount of frames(?). its annoying to see that you used the attack to reflect something, and it still hits you.

I was thinking that maybe the Dair should be able to move horizontaly. Im not sure if its possible to change, but it could help. its like lucario's Dair, but way more slower. besides being used to spike, it was also used to stop his momentum if he was sent away in vBrawl, but due to hitstun, that tactic is pretty useless. if he was able to hover sideways while his startup animation was in progress, it would lead up to some interesting tactics...like a floating ganon Dair.

D

Deleted member

since we're talking about character buffs, Im going to talk about ROB.

first in the list: remove the unneeded nerf ASAP!!! since Brawl+ is fast, its easier to avoid at normal speed... I didn't find it that funny when you guys mentioned it in the podcast...

thanks to the momentum code, side B is WAY more useful than it ever was in vBrawl, but it could still use a few buffs:

decrease cooldown and start up slightly (around .9 maybe?) so that ROB can combo easier out of it, or defend himself if need be.

add more power to it. it takes like 3 per hit and there is a probability that it won't hit.
or make it so that it hits more frequently, and sucks in the opponent. like a slowed-down version of TLink's upB.

if possible, extend its reflector properties to double the amount of frames(?). its annoying to see that you used the attack to reflect something, and it still hits you.

I was thinking that maybe the Dair should be able to move horizontaly. Im not sure if its possible to change, but it could help. its like lucario's Dair, but way more slower. besides being used to spike, it was also used to stop his momentum if he was sent away in vBrawl, but due to hitstun, that tactic is pretty useless. if he was able to hover sideways while his startup animation was in progress, it would lead up to some interesting tactics...like a floating ganon Dair.
Buffs? For ROB?

Lovin the latest codeset.

Thank you for your valuable blue and centered opinion.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Buffs? For ROB?
just the side-B and maybe the Dair. that's it... side-B was nearly useless in vBrawl and deserves to be buffed slightly. and it would be interesting how his Dair would work if it dint stop momentum, but is not needed.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I agree with Almas, culture shock is a winning advantage for low tiers, plus the fact not all low tiers fail vs. the higher ones.

On the Olimar subject, I agree he should start with max upon the start, I say he should respawn with the default 3 however.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
just the side-B and maybe the Dair. that's it... side-B was nearly useless in vBrawl and deserves to be buffed slightly. and it would be interesting how his Dair would work if it dint stop momentum, but is not needed.
Is Rob a bad character? I know that his side B isn't exactly amazing, and his dair is subpar, but that alone isn't enough to warrant a buff. That's just needlessly eliminating weaknesses and distorting character matchups for characters that are already viable.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Is Rob a bad character? I know that his side B isn't exactly amazing, and his dair is subpar, but that alone isn't enough to warrant a buff. That's just needlessly eliminating weaknesses and distorting character matchups for characters that are already viable.
Exactly. We've got characters that are still much worse than ROB, and probably won't be getting any more buffs. (Hi, Link)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Peach needs a kill buff. Its extremely hard to combo into a kill move or just hit them with a strong enough move to kill them. I think she should have a simillar f-throw as she did in melee. It would help peach out because she can rack up damage but its hard for her to kill.

boo-diddly

Smash Cadet
Peach needs a kill buff. Its extremely hard to combo into a kill move or just hit them with a strong enough move to kill them. I think she should have a simillar f-throw as she did in melee. It would help peach out because she can rack up damage but its hard for her to kill.
The coders haven't found any way to modify throws yet. But I don't think she really needs it anyway, her combo potential makes up for her lack of kill power.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
The coders haven't found any way to modify throws yet. But I don't think she really needs it anyway, her combo potential makes up for her lack of kill power.
oh they didn't? and yes it matters. You can combo all you want, but if u cant get off a decent kill move you cannot kill lol.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
We already discussed peach xzax. Look at my post a couple pages back
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7120146&postcount=4202

Peach is no longer just trading hits like she was in vbrawl. Her crazy combo options along with the potential to kill in the early percentages would be too big of a buff to her imo. Sure chars like fox and falcon already exists and has lead in options to ko moves that will kill as early as 60% but i like the fact it takes a peach player to do more in order to win. It makes the win that much more earned.

If we can find a way to somehow combo into her sweetspotted upsmash i am all for that buff. As of now you can dthrow to upsmash but it's not the sweetspotted one. If anyone has found a way let me know.

And like i said a slight(and i mean slight. Not melee powered) buff to her fthrow can also suit her nicely. It will really compliment all her jab/tilt to grab options. Other then that she really needs no other buffs.

But on another topic(this has been on my mind for quite some time i just never posted on it for some reason)

What is the reason behind the nerf in zss stun? They get out of stun way WAY to fast. In vbrawl you could dsmash and sh behind them for a bair. In brawl+ They get out of stun before you even jump after the dsmash.

Don't think im trying to say zss isn't good. I actually think she gained one of the best combo games out the entire cast thanks to hitstun. But still her stun is a very essential part(or was) To her game and in brawl+ it's practically non existent. You can no longer dsmash someone who up b to early and stage spike them.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Like I said before... peach's melee fthrow wasn't even that good. It didn't kill until like 150% if you DI'd it right. Which you should. Every time. Its main purpose was actually just to get the foe off the stage for an edgeguard.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Problem with Ike...

Shorthop bair does not completely auto-cancel as it did in original Brawl. This is somewhat disheartening as shorthop bairs were a mainstay in my playstyle. *sigh*

Like Metroid said before, everything else is fine...just please if you can find a way to fix Ike's shorthop bair auto cancel.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Like I said before... peach's melee fthrow wasn't even that good. It didn't kill until like 150% if you DI'd it right. Which you should. Every time. Its main purpose was actually just to get the foe off the stage for an edgeguard.
Thats what i mean. It sets up kills. What she currently hard its very hard to kill, im just trying to help her out. I couldnt care tho. I main shadow the hedgehog

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Problem with Ike...

Shorthop bair does not completely auto-cancel as it did in original Brawl. This is somewhat disheartening as shorthop bairs were a mainstay in my playstyle. *sigh*
It already does. Try raising your buffer window (I've got mine set at 2.) I auto cancel Ike's bair all the time, it just takes a little bit of getting used to (you're likely hesitating for fear of inputting the aerial too early and having nothing come out)

Magus420

Smash Master
If you wanted you could probably adjust the d-tilt so that it could be used to set up her u-smash. It still bounces them off the floor right (gives extra hitstun for the distance they go)? If the knockback is right at that damage range it should probably work to KO at least on the less floaty characters.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
ROB is fine how he is (except for his dsmash)
....I do think we were a little to hasty on that D-smash buff. We certainly didn't want it to be useless. We just don't like the "spotdodge->d-smash" thing.:laugh:

Then again...given how easy it is to juggle Rob I guess any damage gained from that would balance out. I'll ask about getting the nerf removed.

If you wanted you could probably adjust the d-tilt so that it could be used to set up her u-smash. It still bounces them off the floor right (gives extra hitstun for the distance they go)? If the knockback is right at that damage range it should probably work to KO at least on the less floaty characters.
Interesting idea. Peach's d-tilt is still a spike right? Maybe we could lower the KB growth so that it doesn't send them so high at higher pecentages (it should still have enough stun to combo from though, since it should still have a high launch speed).

Spikes are so combo friendly lol.

btw Magus, no sig? I enjoyed watching the random Gifs that were different ever time I refreshed the page.:laugh:

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Phillyrider, the ZSS nerf was a completely unintentional side effect of altering hitlag, which was done because too many moves had hitlag that was DIable on reaction. The problem is, stun time was actually just extra hitlag, so the moves got affected by the code more than intended. I think right now we've done an alright job in making it something of a balance.

I think you're right when you say ZSS gained a ton in conventional options. I don't consider myself to be a top player or anything, but I play ZSS and towards that end I've taken it upon myself to be her premier playtester in this project, and I think her bread and butter combo game has currently more than made up for the combos and setups she lost from the ineffectiveness of the dsmash, because frankly the move wasn't that great to begin with, it just had a lot of potential reward attached to it making it mostly worth the high risk of throwing it out there.

The thing is, now ZSS is definitely looked at as one of the better characters in Brawl+. and so most efforts to make improvements will be hard to get support for because she's already so good. I think it's a shame she had to practially lose all use of a particularly unique game mechanic, but that's the way it is right now. Maybe if we find she's not as good as we all think we can do some tweaking and make her better, including things like dsmash.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Strawberry Brawl 4.1 (4-7-09)
All Melee CGs apply (Tested with and W/o DI on Fox and Snake)
Mario's Uthrow - Peach's uthrow - Yoshi's Dthrow - DK's Uthrow Uair regrab applies only with DI away - Fox's Uthrow - Shiek's Dthrow - Marth's Uthrow (lol 0 to Death)
GW's Dthrow CG ofcourse isnt in brawl but he can CG with both Side throws with with Side DI.

Its pretty much like Melee when it comes to these CGs
Without the WD there's still pivot and buffered grabs for CG's like marth's at 0%.
Of course these arent infinite they work at low %'s mostly.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Edgegaurds and kills are 2 different things. Peach is already a excellent edgeguard char.
Peach is a great character for kills.
Why? Because moves don't stale, so combine that with her combo ability and wicked gimping potential, and you have a death machine that is Princess Toadstool.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Peach is a great character for kills.
Why? Because moves don't stale, so combine that with her combo ability and wicked gimping potential, and you have a death machine that is Princess Toadstool.
Umm have u played peach??? Cause if u did you would know even with no move decay her top ko moves are still not killing til around the 110-140% mark depending on the move. I main peach in brawl+ i know. Peach is not a great char for kills. Fox and Falcon are great chars for kills.

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
You guys should just slow down some sidesteps instead of nerfing dsmash. As far as I know ROB and falco have some extremely annoying sidesteps that add too much to their game. Just an opinion

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Dark Sonic wtf are you talking about with the whole buffer window crap? And please don't answer that..it is rhetorical

Anyway I gotcha, I just input it faster and now it completely auto-cancels. Thanks..

By the way some of you guys need to stop posting stupidness and having lame *** e-fights in a thread like this. When someone has something serious to post it will most likely get looked over because as of now I'm seeing this thread to be filled with a bunch of people who argue back and forth and whine about their character still not being "good". Jesus, this thread sucks...I heavily doubt the guys who actually make changes will look into half the **** you guys are complaining about so cut it out already...

/rant

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
By the way some of you guys need to stop posting stupidness and having lame *** e-fights in a thread like this. When someone has something serious to post it will most likely get looked over because as of now I'm seeing this thread to be filled with a bunch of people who argue back and forth and whine about their character still not being "good". Jesus, this thread sucks...I heavily doubt the guys who actually make changes will look into half the **** you guys are complaining about so cut it out already...

/rant
Glad some else said it.

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
Strawberry Brawl 4.1 (4-7-09)
All Melee CGs apply (Tested with and W/o DI on Fox and Snake)
Mario's Uthrow - Peach's uthrow - Yoshi's Dthrow - DK's Uthrow Uair regrab applies only with DI away - Fox's Uthrow - Shiek's Dthrow - Marth's Uthrow (lol 0 to Death)
GW's Dthrow CG ofcourse isnt in brawl but he can CG with both Side throws with with Side DI.

Its pretty much like Melee when it comes to these CGs
Without the WD there's still pivot and buffered grabs for CG's like marth's at 0%.
Of course these arent infinite they work at low %'s mostly.
Also I'd like to add Zelda's Uthrow

IC3R

Smash Lord

/rant
Amen.

I wonder if shanus has removed the D-Smash nerf from R.O.B....and if he's testing DDD with the Jiggly effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom