• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah, not being able to combo kills my Peach. I want to practice her, but it looks like I'll only be able to practice hardcore camping and dair spam using her on wifi... not that it's a bad thing, I could use the practice.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
You silly children and your wifi.

back in the day people would kill for the sort of access to competition we have now. Everyone knows wifi is terrible for this and that.

Better than nothing though

:rosalina:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
You silly children and your wifi.

back in the day people would kill for the sort of access to competition we have now. Everyone knows wifi is terrible for this and that.

Better than nothing though

:rosalina:
This.

Do you guys know how most top players are formed? Wifi. They WANT it - so they put up with it and they achieve their goals.

Hell, did any one of you watch KTAR? ADHD, Ally, and Anti (all top 4 placing players) STARTED on wifi. The same thing you guys are doing right now shaped four of the best players in the entire world. You have to want it and accept it.

At the current level almost ALL of you are at right now it can only help you. You will learn spacing / what works what doesn't / matchups / pressure - a lot of things that can form a really talented Peach.

When you get offline you have time to learn reads and perfect everything that you learned. You have to want it. Johns will only inhibit your success. Get angry at yourself - tell yourself it won't happen again, find ways to work around it.

Be thankful that you get to attend offline tournaments every once in a while to steer away from it. I was stuck with wifi online for a full year. I can assure you that all top players of their characters have practiced countless amounts of hours to get better - because they set goals and wanted to achieve them.

When you're stuck.. think of new things. Watch videos, practice in training, practice against CPUs, do ANYTHING. Practicing against the top Metaknight you can find will always help because your mind will trigger certain options in harder situations.

You have to want it. I can sure as hell tell you that I did.

z00ted

Everyone who has known me from when I started can tell you that I was an obnoxious, arrogant, prick.

I told myself I was going to be the best Peach from the start. If you aren't aiming for the top - what's the point of playing? Convince yourself that you can be better than everyone else with dedication and understanding of the game.

I may not be the best Peach, but I've impacted this game. It's actually really cool to look back on this past year.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
My main problem is I never played wifi, I just went straight into playing competitively. I know how much it helps, IL's top player came from wifi, I'm just still trying to adjust. I want to get better, so I'm gonna keep at it, it's just a slow process.

I'm gonna be playing all week though, I have a tournament this weekend, and I'm hoping to break top 8 for the first time in a while.

z00ted

I'm willing to help any of you guys.
I have a lot of characters and I can give help on in wifi.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I'm willing to help any of you guys.
I have a lot of characters and I can give help on in wifi.
.............Orly?

As of right now I have 3 people I know on base that play and play what I expect. Other than that I'm force to play online. Ever since coming to Florida most my list is orange/red. When I was in California the worst was yellow but had a good amount of green. the only high tier I touch and can use is G&W while my backs ups are C tiers. I also hate I don't get practice. I wish you luck Dinah.

:phone:
You can only do what you can, and thanks.

z00ted

k cool, my aim is illmatiiiccc (3 is - 3 cs) chat me whenever you are available.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
One day I will finally enter a tournament and see how it goes. Probably until I go back to California and hopefully my next command won't be as...hmm how should I say it...well better management. It wasn't until after I joined the military I learned to appreciate liberty a lot more. The hours I put in kills my gaming time a lot.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey guys, I don't know how you do it. Peach feels too much like she needs to actually force pressure on the opponent in order to actually open him up, with too many of her threats being just really clever illusion-work.

I'm gonna keep Peach back in alternates slot until I get some inspiration with her again.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey guys, I don't know how you do it. Peach feels too much like she needs to actually force pressure on the opponent in order to actually open him up, with too many of her threats being just really clever illusion-work.

I'm gonna keep Peach back in alternates slot until I get some inspiration with her again.
You either have to main her or go bust. She takes too much dedication to have as a simple secondary. At times it will feel like you have to force pressure on your opponent, which you will; but what helps is that she has one of the best boxing movesets in the game, hands down. Autocancel everything, perfect powershields timing, learn her plentiful amount of responses to just about any situation, and you're golden.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't see Peach needing so much dedication that I would have to main her to get anything out of her.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I mean, in terms of what she can actually accomplish as a character I don't feel like I need to play Peach 24/7 just to know how to **** certain characters that I enjoy the matchup for. Maybe it's because I still play Melee and (nearly exclusively at this point) main Peach in there?

Nordal

Smash Lord

Kyon, you have the best turnip game out of any active Peach I've seen. That'd be like Illmatic claiming he can't combo well enough.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
After years of maining Peach I officially second Peach now. Okay, it's complicated. Let's say I main Jigglypeach and second Peachgglypuff.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Enough that my control of her is still fluid, and as I get better as a player (as pikachu) it transfers successfully over to Peach. I certainly got a lot better at Peach vs MK (still hate it) due to constantly practicing the matchup as pikachu.

If you want I can get some replays for 2link (if he doesn't mind) to upload later on in the week. I have to finish this 8 page research paper that I'm currently procrastinating on.

Top Bottom