• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

r3d d09

Smash Master
it's way legit :) and i might be dropping Peach :/ things aren't going well for me. and i just love my IC's more now. a friend is picking her up and obviously does better than me with her in general, but i can out play him in dittos.

either way... i might drop peach.

r3d d09

Smash Master
she's been my secondary for a few weeks now that i've got my own wii.

own wii = practice with IC's.

i love the style of peach, just ... not as good as i think i should be for the amount of time i've put into her i guess.

i'm considering dropping her. probably wont happen. just need to read on stuff. my friend was saying that she has lagless moves when she gets a move canceled or something. is this true? haha. sad i don't know these things.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've been dropping Peach lately simply so, when I come back to her, I'll be better with mindgames. I got too focused on being technical with her that I forgot why I used to do well with her back a year ago (back when I still used wiimote/nunchuk lolz).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
You know what I always wondered...

Why did they give Peach a better looking dress in both Melee and Brawl but never any other Nintendo/Mario game?
Smash games are probably the most realistic games in terms of character design. Especially for Peach since Mario universe games are really kiddy and their character design is pretty meh, basic. There's no room for 'hi-def' textures like BAWRL. So yeah...

Xyless

Smash Master
I would just like to mention that I love Snakeee's new avatar, and the picture that it came from. I saw it yesterday, and it was the first time I saw Peach in a picture and thought "wow, that's hot."

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'll never drop Peach as my main lol. I've picked up a couple of fast paced secondaries (Diddy/MK) because that's the type of player I am, but I ALWAYS go back to her during crunch time. I've developed her too much to turn back now. :3

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hmm, it's just that using dif characters makes me better in my case. besides, I want to develop falco a little bit just coz I don't have a good high tier. playing a **** character might make me more aware of other options I have so I can make my peach better. It's like when I picked up fox and diddy (dropped diddy after like a week xD ) but yeah I just stole a lot of ideas. Only difference is, is that Falco is just better.

I just wanna try this out to see if a better character can make me a better player. It's like how low tier mains are usually terrible at this game b/c they aren't fully aware of their options or their character is well, just too bad.

And honestly, sometimes the pch boards make me not wanna play this character, ugh.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I've felt like dropping Peach lately...

My passion for her in Brawl has faded away but I feel it coming back. I think I might have just reached a frustrating plateau that I'm having a hard time getting over. I want to find inspiration for my Peach, but there aren't many recent videos of top Peach players that I can learn from.

However, I've been playing a lot of Melee Peach and I've been consistently getting better. I think playing too much Melee has detracted from my Brawl Peach.

I don't know what to do anymore!

Ahhhhhh!!!!

Xyless

Smash Master
I'll never drop Peach as my main lol. I've picked up a couple of fast paced secondaries (Diddy/MK) because that's the type of player I am, but I ALWAYS go back to her during crunch time. I've developed her too much to turn back now. :3
This is pretty much the same case I have. Even if I did, like, master another character, I don't want all of my training to be in vain with Peach. If only she weren't such a bad character when you're having an off day.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Grow a beard and I may consider ^_- loljk

Aww I should post more teehee *Winks*
You and me both, hun.

Dammit, I just realized Viridian City was today.

Ally wins, ADHD segundo, M2K third. Lols.

I wonder how Praxis did.
*grumble grumble*

I took off that whole weekend from work to go, just for the blizzard to stop me. I would have been traveling with M2K and lain if I felt like being dumb.

I've felt like dropping Peach lately...

My passion for her in Brawl has faded away but I feel it coming back. I think I might have just reached a frustrating plateau that I'm having a hard time getting over. I want to find inspiration for my Peach, but there aren't many recent videos of top Peach players that I can learn from.

However, I've been playing a lot of Melee Peach and I've been consistently getting better. I think playing too much Melee has detracted from my Brawl Peach.

I don't know what to do anymore!

Ahhhhhh!!!!
That's kinda why I hate it when tournaments mix Brawl and Melee. No matter what, I'm going to suffer for one of the games, since I play Peach in both and her different mechanics can really trip you up if you aren't careful. ;.;

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, all the Peach escaping is hitting me too.

My Ivysaur is definitely beginning to eclipse my Peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You know, I thought I raised you all better than this. I failas a father.

All jokes aside, I have told you all what kind of character Peach is. And what it takes to win. I sometimes feel people don't listen to what I say. And wanna get good so quick with her. New flash, you can't. This character takes time. And people just don't have patients. Peach requires alot of mindgames, stratigic use and patients. people just tend to do the same thing and rush things, they don't switch it up. They dont use mindgames/think creative. All this is very important with Peach. Thats how I was when I was at my prime, my only problem was I was not so stratigic and techical. I was the defensive/mindgame type. And while that let me do well, I could have done much better.

I had to take a 2 month ewtirement due to no job. I come back in december horrible. Till this stay I am bad, I could even make it out of pools at VC and I had a shot getting second. **** that, First, cause I realize something when playing neo when I was thinking about this game last night, and that whle set in general. Yet I am still playing ALL PEACH for that matter even after I felt like quiting. And I would of have to quit cause no way in hell I am gonna use a secondary, if I felt I had too, it not be worth my time to play this at all. And be a total waste of talent.

Look how long it is taking me to bring it back. And I was within the top three best Peach in the country. I'm starting from square one cause when I came back in december, I lost it all. Forgot how I did things, forgot how others did things and nothing felt the same. I could not remember how I played, my tricks or how I did things. So even for a former top Peach player, I'm still getting my *** kicked and is taking some time to get back to how I use to be. I'm getting my butt whooped left and right in ways I never though would happen. And others seeing this don't believe it ether. People like ADHD and Jash are like "wtf?"

Stop being in a rush, cause that is what it looks like to me. Really for those people that don't understand Peach FULLY and know your options. As well as learning how to deal with Match ups. Cause that plays a big role in this. But people tend to ignore that. Most of the problems I am hearing, the ansers can be answered in my guide and the other stickies around here, start abusing them. They are there for a reason. They are not there to make these boards look cool.

Also, I'm sure just about all of you have wii's. Abuse it, that is your greatest tool right now. even if you dont play wifi, play alone with the CPU they help more than you think. That and practice techs alone. I spent 2 hours alone practicing how to bone walk. I got it now and know the exact timing. I then tried it against the CPU to see if I can do it when I felt it was right in a match. Pull it off all the tme. I spent an hours learning how toLedge jump to a auto canceled Fair. Got it. I spent almost 2 hours Fighting CPU 9 Marth and Wario. I practiced my speed reaction and out the shield options like Ground floating out of shield to Nairs/bair after my shield is attack. I created my ******** ways to edguard these characters and but it to the test. some failed, and others worked. so I'll keep those in mind. Thinks are starting to come back to me again. And I become more faster than before. I spent a free hours I have in my day on my wii till I have to kill the lights for work the next moring. I take breaks and all, then get to work agan. CPU and training mode help. abuse it.

Now I dont play this game for reason like the rest of you. Some just wanna win cash or be seen as someone in the community reguardless of what character you use. So in that case, then switch. No one is stopping you. This is competitive brawl, so this would be a must for you I suppose. I made a thread about maning up as a Peach player (which I am currently working on my damm self since I am in this annoying slump). I told you all that you accepted when you started to play her. You signed that contract. You know what to expect, and how hard it would be. If you can't deal with it and dont have that mind like I said you need for this character, peach is not for you. Move to a high tier so you can make money and be someone in the community/tournament scene.

I said what I had to. if you wanna drop her then do so and main a better character so you have an easier time of winning then feel happy about it. Nothing is wrong with it so go do it. Done.

Now I am about to pop in some brawl on the wii and continue my daily training. I have a tournament this weekend and I feel I am gonna do good. If I don't then better then what I have been doing so far. And when I do, I know that I improved and slowly getting back the Dark magic I had in me in the summer time. But this time it be much better cause now I am more stratigic and know alot about frames. I was not kidding when I said heaven would start landing on peoples heads. Let it be known.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Man, what happened to the character purists around here? :psycho:

Peach is tough though. I have a very tournament viable Diddy, MK (particularly for doubles), and Sheik (don't laugh, Sheik can really pick up on some of Peach's tricky matchups - space animals anyone?) People always ask me why I don't improve these characters more, or whip one of them out in tournament. I don't know what to say, other than...

I love Peach?

I dunno. I know I probably could do better in tournaments if I used other characters, I mean, couldn't we all? I know Peach is an incredibly underrated character (I know in my heart she's mid B tier at least) and I'm trying to be good enough to bring in some results, but I always either end up choking or just playing the wrong way (too impatient). I just don't think I'd enjoy playing or winning with another character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
People have asked me why I dont have secondaries. One dude asked me this in one match at SNES when I had to fight M2K and was giving somewhat a hard time. And I told them that is not why I play this game. and if I was to make it far using a secondary, I would not be happy about it. And it be a waste if talent. I could be a beast Marth or snakw player. And use them for bad fights. But I refuse to win that way and it is not fun to me at all. And I'll feel like some coward. I dont run from my fights.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Yeah, I kinda agree Dark. I don't like it when people counterpick characters to have an even or advantage matchup. Are they that bad that they can't win a 40:60, or are they scared to fight certain characters? Not that I'm good enough to win disadvantages all the time by any means, but if I just use other characters as a crutch, I'll never get that practice with my main.

Plus, I too would rather win with Peach than any other character. She gets no credit for how good of a character she is.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll ever drop peach.... ever...

I've started using ICs (I have the CG on most characters down, except I mess up sometimes), so now I just have to work on getting the grab and playing like an actual ICs and not some grab-spammy ICs. I also have Jiggz/MK.. Although these characters are fun to play as, I feel like they'll never match up to my Peach.

Speaking of, do any of you have "anti-noob characters?" As in, characters you use to destroy your non-smash friends who think they can beat you? XD Mine is probably ICs, just to get the CG. I feel like my ICs sometimes do better than my peach against noobs lol. Maybe its the whole mind-games-dont-work-on-stupid-people... Any thoughts?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thats one reason I don't do it. Cause it would kill time that I could have used to figure something with Peach. it took me a whole lot of *** kickings from snake and falco back then for me to learn how to played them. And I could not stand those 2 characters at all. I would always lose to a camping falco and snake. But then in due time I finally reliazed how to actually out camp snake and deal with a camping falco.

Wolf was the same way, I would always lose to that character and could not stand him at all. Its a matter of people actually learning from all thier loses. But people don't do that cause they are ether impatient or lack mindgames. They don't think and switch up

Also, remember my quote, this leads to mindgames. and can go a long way

"People can't respond to stupid"

Xyless

Smash Master
I just want to know how I stand with ZSS. I didn't think I would be missing tournaments left and right over the last two months, when I decided "hmmm maybe zss"

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Thanks Dark, I needed that! Hopefully in the days to come my Peach will be back to kicking *** and upsetting the best players in my state. :)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
secondaries aren't a bad thing. i enjoy using characters outside of peach so whatev.

if ya want ppl to NOT pick up a secondary then oooooobviously you should bring us the head of a top metaknight.

hoooowever, that hasn't happened once in the 2 year life of this game so I'm just gonna go ahead and use Fox or Falco vs MK for that even matchup instead of that 70/30 or maybe worse matchup.

that's just me.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
secondaries aren't a bad thing. i enjoy using characters outside of peach so whatev.

if ya want ppl to NOT pick up a secondary then oooooobviously you should bring us the head of a top metaknight.

hoooowever, that hasn't happened once in the 2 year life of this game so I'm just gonna go ahead and use Fox or Falco vs MK for that even matchup instead of that 70/30 or maybe worse matchup.

that's just me.
i would go Fox or Wolf against MK, but both mines are trash, so i go peach or JP against MK cause Zelda can't take it well

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

that's just me.
Who here said it was bad to pickup a secondary? Who? Idk why you getting all butt hurt right now, if you wanna have a secondary or even drop Peach then do so. Who the hell is stopping you? No one said it was bad. I have my reason for not doing that and explained it. ok, dont worry about my reasons and worry about you. Mid level metas I got dfown. High level metas is what none have figured out yet and people are working on. again, you are in a rush to do something. Then want us to beat a top level meta with Peach. It;'s a hard match up dude. And then you here thinking you would beat a high level one with Falco or fox.

The problem is not the characters, the problem is something you just wont admit. the problem is you as a player in GENERAL. Man the heck up. And do what you want. Drop her and use other characters reguardless of what I say or think. But don't come here with this crap to other players. I told you and the others many times what your problems were and gave you advice. And once again, a character like Peach and anyone dealing with meta in general is hard and slow process. People dont just learned this crap over nite. and they dont rush it. it all takes time. Again,do what the hell you want ands not worry about what me and others think about secondaries. You obvious just want to win and make it far in tournies, so useing other characters will give you an easier time. so when you place high you will feel proud of yourself. Isnt that what you want? So what is the problem? the hell with what I think, not get butt hurt and do what you want. No one is forceing you do do anything.

Metatitan

Smash Master

that's just me.
This. I've never considered dropping peach, just splitting attention between her and pikachu.

The problem is not the characters, the problem is something you just wont admit. the problem is you as a player in GENERAL. Man the heck up. And do what you want. Drop her and use other characters reguardless of what I say or think. But don't come here with this crap to other players. I told you and the others many times what your problems were and gave you advice. And once again, a character like Peach and anyone dealing with meta in general is hard and slow process. People dont just learned this crap over nite. and they dont rush it. it all takes time. Again,do what the hell you want ands not worry about what me and others think about secondaries. You obvious just want to win and make it far in tournies, so useing other characters will give you an easier time. so when you place high you will feel proud of yourself. Isnt that what you want? So what is the problem? the hell with what I think, not get butt hurt and do what you want. No one is forceing you do do anything.
If you want peach to develop as a character than you need a multitude of people with different styles playing her, and that won't happen if you're an arrogant *** to them and tell them to drop her if they want to. No one said MK was easy at all, he just wants to use another character for that matchup because it's easier; that doesn't mean he needs to "man up" or use another character instead of peach. Raz was actually one of the people who thought peach could beat mk.

Point being, a little courtesy and less arrogance goes a long way.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Breathe in!
..... And breathe out!
Raz wasn't attacking anyone in his post and was merely stating his opinion (or at least I think so). /:
I don't understand why you're taking it as a personal attack directed towards you (looks that way anyways).

No drama. :mad088:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This. I've never considered dropping peach, just splitting attention between her and pikachu.

If you want peach to develop as a character than you need a multitude of people with different styles playing her, and that won't happen if you're an arrogant *** to them and tell them to drop her if they want to. No one said MK was easy at all, he just wants to use another character for that matchup because it's easier; that doesn't mean he needs to "man up" or use another character instead of peach. Raz was actually one of the people who thought peach could beat mk.

Point being, a little courtesy and less arrogance goes a long way.
Once again you speak nonsense and assume things about me you know nothing of. But it of course it be someone like you to not get the point of my post as usual then speak this garbage. You know, I have no clue why I have not added you on ignore yet. I'm not even gonna waste my time flaming you for I have the smash cops on my *** ready to give me a ticket. Word of advice, mind your own and don't act like you know what one is getting at, really with me, cause you dont, at all, done.

Top Bottom