• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

White-Peach

Smash Ace
I agree. Your quite the brave one. Even though people shouldn't care. The peach boards really are something aren't we. I still say the oddest case is white peach. I heart that man.
Sweet, I'll take it! :D

I'm the first to fire the "Hold on, wait a minute" signal here (:p) ... but the male lesbian idea is very non-PC. It assumes that having a female body necessitates an interest in men, which we all know is not true. If you believe your mind is in line with a woman's, and want the body and are ready for sexual reassignment surgery (SRS), then you're a MTF lesbian. If you believe your mind is in line with a woman's, and you do not want SRS, you're a no-op (no operation) MTF lesbian. If you're not interested in "traditional" transitioning (wow, transitioning can be traditional White-Peach? Tell me more!), you might just be genderqueer, which encompasses all the non-binary modes of self-expression. I think the whole "other" category (anything that isnt heteronormative) can be broken down into:

Gayfers - you know these

Transfolk - people who want changes from one sex to the other, and assume traditional gender roles of the opposite natal sex

Genderqueer(as)folk(hah) - people who lead non-cisgender (masculine male, feminine female) lives, but who have no intention of assuming a binary sex/gender role

Intersex/Othersex - people who are physically distinct from the masses naturally, mystery flavor airheads

But labels are labels, and people pick whatever labels they want to use to describe themselves (DESPITE WHAT I THINK, THE ALMIGHTY ME!) But the male lesbian is kind of incorrect because it "assumes" one-to-one relationships between sex and gender, which is very out of line with the rest of the community.

I came close to other people that are like me, but they kind of miss the mark:

Congenital adrenal hyperplasia - wacky hormones (me!!!) but adrenal problems, so either really fat or really skinny (not me at all, boo!)

Aromatase excess syndrome - testosterone converted into estraidol/estrogen (probably whats going on with me!) but stunted growth (not me at all! I'm almost 6'!)

I have no weaknesses. You cannot counterpick me. Stage bans are useless. I am

(I joke around with my little brother, that if I were to be around mtf transsexuals, I would be all smug, telling those ******** that my **** is real and all-natural xD)

Metatitan

Smash Master
Ehhh wtf I'll join in, gimme a gaga sig Hiroi and an avi to boot (im going back to this charmander as soon as the fads done though)

I have no idea what's going on. Your gender identity discussions have no phase on me. Me who thinks everyone is the same. No differences, etc. We are all homo sapiens. This whole male female talk does not exist xP

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Sweet, I'll take it! :D

I'm the first to fire the "Hold on, wait a minute" signal here (:p) ... but the male lesbian idea is very non-PC. It assumes that having a female body necessitates an interest in men, which we all know is not true. If you believe your mind is in line with a woman's, and want the body and are ready for sexual reassignment surgery (SRS), then you're a MTF lesbian. If you believe your mind is in line with a woman's, and you do not want SRS, you're a no-op (no operation) MTF lesbian. If you're not interested in "traditional" transitioning (wow, transitioning can be traditional White-Peach? Tell me more!), you might just be genderqueer, which encompasses all the non-binary modes of self-expression. I think the whole "other" category (anything that isnt heteronormative) can be broken down into:

Gayfers - you know these

Transfolk - people who want changes from one sex to the other, and assume traditional gender roles of the opposite natal sex

Genderqueer(as)folk(hah) - people who lead non-cisgender (masculine male, feminine female) lives, but who have no intention of assuming a binary sex/gender role

Intersex/Othersex - people who are physically distinct from the masses naturally, mystery flavor airheads

But labels are labels, and people pick whatever labels they want to use to describe themselves (DESPITE WHAT I THINK, THE ALMIGHTY ME!) But the male lesbian is kind of incorrect because it "assumes" one-to-one relationships between sex and gender, which is very out of line with the rest of the community.

I came close to other people that are like me, but they kind of miss the mark:

Congenital adrenal hyperplasia - wacky hormones (me!!!) but adrenal problems, so either really fat or really skinny (not me at all, boo!)

Aromatase excess syndrome - testosterone converted into estraidol/estrogen (probably whats going on with me!) but stunted growth (not me at all! I'm almost 6'!)

I have no weaknesses. You cannot counterpick me. Stage bans are useless. I am

(I joke around with my little brother, that if I were to be around mtf transsexuals, I would be all smug, telling those ******** that my **** is real and all-natural xD)
I absolutely love you!

I took a class at the University of Arizona called Lesbian & Gay Studies, and I learned a lot of things that you are talking about.

Sex and gender are completely different! <3

Snakeee

Smash Master
Oh, and wow thanks White Peach for all that info. I'd rather not classify myself like that I guess. I don't really think my case is anything that extreme. I'll just stick with male-lesbian for the moment since I just kinda like it better lol. Even if it's a bad term or whatever, I just prefer it I guess.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I absolutely love you!

I took a class at the University of Arizona called Lesbian & Gay Studies, and I learned a lot of things that you are talking about.

Sex and gender are completely different! <3
There's a course called 'Lesbian & Gay Studies'? That sounds very Mickey Mouse if you ask me...

White-Peach

Smash Ace
Oh, and wow thanks White Peach for all that info. I'd rather not classify myself like that I guess. I don't really think my case is anything that extreme. I'll just stick with male-lesbian for the moment since I just kinda like it better lol. Even if it's a bad term or whatever, I just prefer it I guess.
I'm sure you're open-minded enough to keep thinking about your situation, constantly refining it to a point where you know yourself really well and are proud to know/be who you are. If you would have told me 5 years ago, the things I know now, I'd be like "WTF YOU CRAZY!" But I really wish I could have told myself (and accepted) the things I know now, at a much earlier time. It probably would have had a positive impact on me and helped me sort things out a little better, a little sooner. At the very least, I wouldnt have had to "take back" a couple things I previously identified with :p Me? Gay? Preposterous! :p

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm sure you're open-minded enough to keep thinking about your situation, constantly refining it to a point where you know yourself really well and are proud to know/be who you are. If you would have told me 5 years ago, the things I know now, I'd be like "WTF YOU CRAZY!" But I really wish I could have told myself (and accepted) the things I know now, at a much earlier time. It probably would have had a positive impact on me and helped me sort things out a little better, a little sooner. At the very least, I wouldnt have had to "take back" a couple things I previously identified with :p Me? Gay? Preposterous! :p
Heh, yeah it's really tricky to pinpoint things like this. At times I feared it could be the most extreme of possibilities, and that really scared me and kinda warped my mind about it :(.
Now, I just try to be realistic and very open minded like you said. It's not all so easy though.
Thanks.

White-Peach

Smash Ace
For me, it was an aversion to the whole transsexual people. I was like "I refuse to be grouped with them, they're weird and I'm not like that. I'm natural. I'm not one kind of person trying to be another." And then, it was the intersexed folks. With them, it was a "I don't have ambiguous genitalia, I'm not deformed. I'm not an error. I can have kids and maybe pass 'this' on. Create another race. Take over the world. Sweet!" And kind of settled with that.

(HOPEFULLY I did not offend any trans/intersex folks. Things shoot through my head people, and my internal monologue does not consider your feelings!)

I've just been constantly reinforced that who/what I am is just different, but in no way impaired. It just makes me feel "new" all the time, nobody else is selling my brand :D But at the same time, its like a great new family restaurant vs mcdonald's. Everyone know's McDonald's, and they're bad/okay, they're everywhere, and no McDonald's is really terribly memorable. But you eat there. Probably a lot more than eating at the great new family restaurant. What? You never heard of it? --- That's basically what it's like. You can be amazing at what you do, and nobody will care because they have no idea you exist, and would never be interested because McDonald's is so familiar. You crave it sometimes. You can't crave what you've never had.

(Again, sorry if I offended anyone. This time regular-bodied folks... and McDonald's. Sorry! [We include everyone in my complaints, keeping things fair :D])

So that's what it's like. On good days, I'm super awesome, living novel situations at every turn, involved in making changes in awareness by being different, but in a very comfortable, approachable way. But basically, super awesome. On bad days, I'm horribly different, never able to do things simply like everyone else, super self-conscious about who I am and where I am (have to stay safe kids), never able to form lasting, meaningful relationships with people (romantic and otherwise) because my situation is just kind of prohibits it. Too many explanations to make, and why would people bother when there's a million other easier, more familiar alternatives?

I get through it all (a lot better now that I think I've got a good handle on who I am) by always working towards being the person I want to be and doing what I want to do because I want to do it, and for no other reason than that. I know the majority of people don't give a second thought to what they're supposed to do, because of convention, because there is a way for them to do something. There are rules for these things. Like the beach? Well. Boys wear swimming trunks, girls wear whatever, covering top and bottom. I... probably shouldnt wear just swimming trunks XD So I had to think good and hard about what to wear if anyone ever asked me to go to the beach. I bought a cute pair of unisex swimming trunks from american apparel (http://store.americanapparel.net/rsan402.html?cid=175 , dark berry!) that I would normally wear with a white cotton shirt... but when we're wet, nipples! So I have to either change the color, or wear something underneathe... (Long story short, my body is different, and I should probably be wearing something underneath at all times. My coworker asked me why I don't wear a bra!) And I really like the white with the dark berry color, so I probably need a bikini top underneathe... Which opens another can of worms! I've never worn a bra or anything! You see? I don't have examples, role models to help me with these things. Doing it all myself is kind of empowering, because nobody can tell me anything about what I do, because they're not in my situation, and I've thought everything out A WHOLE LOT BEFOREHAND. Shopping for swimming trunks or a 1-piece or bikini was never this complicated for anyone else :p Just find something that fits, that you like, and won't show any naughty bits when splashed and you're good!

...I think I'm derailing... skrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Basically, find what you like that fits you now and makes you the most comfortable/happy. Don't let anyone tell you how to be you (not even me!), and that part of your life becomes pretty great. Everything else should (SHOULD!) fall in place because you exude confidence about being yourself. And don't sacrifice too much. I did that for a long time and it sucks when you can just be honest with yourself. Nobody can fault you for that.

White-Peach Unusual Novel #497 END.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wow, interesting stuff White Peach. Thanks for giving me your take on that stuff. I'm not sure what else to say, but you seem like a really cool person in my book :)

-Serve-

Smash Cadet
Oh hai guys, I'm pretty new to Peach, but she is definitely my favorite character I have played.
So, let me properly introduce myself!

Smash Name: Serve
Color:

Tournament Play
[collapse="Picture"]
[/collapse]
Somethings about myself:
My name is Spencer. :) Meno probably doesn't know this, but I've slept at his house before. I'm 18, attending college at SLCC and plan on going into biology. I am a vegetarian and born a triplet. Characters I have previously mained are Ness, and Marth, both got pretty boring to me. Also, I'm not very good at this game.. :3

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
My net at home is acting up. So Im gonn take care of two post made to me from the last time I posted.
@Raz- And you sir, can go **** yourself.
@Ankoku-...........You know, If i was to go gay I think it be for you. Or I pray that you are a female. I know what you are. But I still pray you are a boobie type.

And another Peach player? I know me and Peach used protection..........wait, no we did not.....****!!!!!

Xyless

Smash Master
Yeah, welcome!

Could someone do me a favor? I can't really check youtube right now since I am on a train for a few hours. Could someone watch the old E4All videos of Peach and tell me how strong (approximate by % of WHAT character) her fthrow, fsmash, and dsmash was? I am trying to finish off Peach- over the next couple of hours, and I want to try to make those moves mimic her old power.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Meno probably doesn't know this, but I've slept at his house before.
ROFL

This freaked me out so much before opening the image. I remember you vaguely!

Welcome to the best character ever.

Top Bottom