• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach is a difficult character to play and if you don't feel like your gonna play your best, it definitely shows in your matches.
Peach being difficult is not really an excuse for me nor would I ever use it as an excuse for me losing. Lucaus is much harder to use and win with. And look at what happen at Stkar. Sonic,ness,ike have more BS to deal with then Peach does and we have more options and techs then they do. Yet look at what the top players have done with them.

For me the problem is not my character. I know what I should/should not do in matches and I do things the other way around. That is not a character problem, thats a player problem. It's like knowing now to fair a certain approach knowing you got punished for it ten times in a row, yet I do it again another 5 times. Not a character fault. Thats players fault for not thinking.

I may be a weak player but one thing I would never do is to go as weak as to blame my character for my loses. If I start doing things right and on point, then I would blame my character. but I havent. I have to take responsibility for my own actions. And I'm mentally stupid when it comes to tournament play.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Then just switch to MK or Snake or Diddy if you wanna win more.

Or play melee because melee Peach is ridiculous.
I see you don't know what kind of person I am.

I don't play this game for money or fame. I play it cause Peach is in it. It she was not in it, I not touch this game. I would have no reason too. All I care about is placing high with this character. If I have a chance to get first then of course I go for it. But that does not matter to me. in average size tournies I care about hitting the single digit placings. In large scare tournies the least I would settle for is the teen placing.

Picking a better character and placing better with them does not prove anything to me. They are high tier, so if I win with them...........no surprise. And this game is boring. I can't play with other character, I get bored after 20 mins of using them (10 mins when using meta knight. Just so simple and dull). peach is the only one I have fun with.

And If I was to pick other character, the results would be the same. The character is not my problem when I know what to do and don't ever do it. That's a player flaw. So I would never make an excuse for for me losing cause of my character choice.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If you are not willing to play another character in tournament, then you must accept the good and the bad that comes with playing :peach: the whole way through. You might not always make it to those desired placings, but it doesn't mean you should beat yourself up every time you don't. Besides, SKTAR was ridiculously stacked at an international level in a rather constricted amount of people for an event of that caliber. Your pool alone had players that would be anywhere from Winners Quarters to Grand Finals at a lot of events. Sometimes it is what it is man, don't hang your head in shame over it, make improvements and come back to test them.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you are not willing to play another character in tournament, then you must accept the good and the bad that comes with playing :peach: the whole way through. You might not always make it to those desired placings, but it doesn't mean you should beat yourself up every time you don't. Besides, SKTAR was ridiculously stacked at an international level in a rather constricted amount of people for an event of that caliber. Your pool alone had players that would be anywhere from Winners Quarters to Grand Finals at a lot of events. Sometimes it is what it is man, don't hang your head in shame over it, make improvements and come back to test them.
Dude, how long have you know me. Have you not seen my battles with vidjo and yuna on here? Also me making this blog:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=84627

So come on, you should know by now I know what I am getting myself into. But as I said before, The character is NOT my problem I know what to do and not do and I do things the other way around.

I know not to test Marth from a distance with fair against his fair,and I do it anyway. I know not to pick up a turnip when one is close to be where that would be an easy punish. I know not to pin myself to the ledge when Marth is solid there and it becomes a ***** to get out. I do it anyway. I know not to double Jab a shield when one block it a few times and I get grabbed. I do it 10 more times anyway.

See this? You really believe this is a character problem? it isn't. it's me being a coward and afraid to take a hint to mix it up. And why am I hard on myself? Thats how I was raised. doing a few good things means nothing. Thats not gonna get you ahead in life. I don't except average, no good. My performance needs to be excellent and above.

Also, I been playing this game for 4 years and still a mental coward to do things that are gonna work. if I was to ever play on point and still lose, I got get mad. cause I know I would do damage,win or lose. I not give a damm. But the problem is, I don't and that wat ticks me off. There is no excuse for me. I did not just start playing this game/character. Jesus, I make guides, I make Peach tutorial videos, im a Peach instructor/mentor, I research is character daily cause im some nerd who as nothing better to do on his free time. I have help peach players all over the world to get better and still get feed back on how I helped them improve. Seriously dude, there is no excuse for me at this point.

And its freaking stupid after four years I have this mental anxiety. Thats why I feel stupid and have shame. Thats why I say the things I do about myself. I just want one thing from this game. It's not money, it's not fame or standing out (already screw that up and seen as nothing anyway), Not winning a tournament. All I want is to use everything I know in a fight all the time. That's all I want. If I can just do that, I would be just fine and Im sure I be doing damage. Not giving out free wins. And even if I was to lose, I not be mad. cause I used all that I knew and played very solid.

Thats all I care about.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah I understand where you're coming from on that man. I think Pierce does too, he came on stream and sounded disappointed that he didn't give Rich Brown as good of a fight as he thought he should.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Ever since my first tourney at MLG DC, I try to cope with it though. I don't think it's as bad as yours, but it made me afraid of my pools matches, people like Smurf had me scared before I even played him.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Just git home from Sktar. There is no words to discribe how bad I did and feel right now. Im too weak of a player to ever do good at tournies. There really isnt much I can say....
Practice training mode everyday, get your tech skill flawless, which I know you do, and then use all your skills and practice vs top players like Vinnie & Anti. They live in your region so seek out practice from the top players in your area.

The thing is, the problem is not my character. The problem is me.
There is no problem with you, you just need a better mindset.

Peach being difficult is not really an excuse for me nor would I ever use it as an excuse for me losing. Lucaus is much harder to use and win with. And look at what happen at Stkar. Sonic,ness,ike have more BS to deal with then Peach does and we have more options and techs then they do. Yet look at what the top players have done with them.

For me the problem is not my character. I know what I should/should not do in matches and I do things the other way around. That is not a character problem, thats a player problem. It's like knowing now to fair a certain approach knowing you got punished for it ten times in a row, yet I do it again another 5 times. Not a character fault. Thats players fault for not thinking.

I may be a weak player but one thing I would never do is to go as weak as to blame my character for my loses. If I start doing things right and on point, then I would blame my character. but I havent. I have to take responsibility for my own actions. And I'm mentally stupid when it comes to tournament play.
Don't make excuses, you already know Peach inside and out, all you have left to do is apply it in matches and be conscious about it. Go and practice w/ top players, write down their habits if that helps.

@ Neon, I might be going to WHOBO, we could do Peach/Pit and double Peach.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Also, even though you are respectably technical - you may want to consider working on adding some poise to your gameplay. Every time I've seen you play it's kind of sporadic...but not in a way that's beneficial imo. Illmatic, SlayerZ, and Kyle are sporatic at times, but there's usually some form of zoning, baiting, or some kind of function that accompanies what they're doing.

There's that, and you still kind of buckle under pressure and start throwing panic fairs preemptively or pluck turnips regardless of where your opponent is (as you've stated). Jab and shield can only do so much to remedy those habits. Anyone worth beating will usually make that last stock the hardest to remove, so you've got to keep it together even if you're behind.

You've got to play with some consciousness in your decision-making, that will allow a chance for the push in consistency that you've been looking for.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also, we NEED to drop this "it ain't Peach, it's me" statement. I like that you're a man without excuses, Dark. But you ARE making a personal sacrifice in gameplay not picking Meta Knight, Snake, Falco, etc. This ***** ain't got infinite recovery, or kill tilts, or lazer priority. It IS Peach - to an extent. You're playing a C character in an A game. Acknowledge that, and of course be ready to make up for it. Otherwise your doomed to forever be pot fodder thinking "tires don exits".

It IS you. And among these bad performance choices is that you chose Peach. 4cereals

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Indeed. Metagames stabilize around certain characters for a reason. There may have been the "we don't know everything" validation for being a solo-main a couple of years back, but Meno is right - it's 2012. We pretty much know everything. It mostly comes down to individual player skill and the strength of the tools at their disposal at this point. Sacrificing those tools in the name of character pride or some other reason (especially if you are personally unable to make up with it per your own performance capabilities) is detrimental to your chances right off the bat.

Sad to say - but not everyone can be Mekos, FOW, Trela, Salem, ESAM, or any other driving-force player with underrated, underused, or otherwise overlooked characters. Not only do they have the challenge of :metaknight: and other top characters to contend with....they also must work through the fact that since they are likely the only players of that caliber with their character, there is very little that they can learn from anyone else (minus a rare occasion such as ESAM learning something from a Japanese Pikachu regarding u-air). A characters novelty effect can only get them so far, the rest is still their mountain to climb.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Also, we NEED to drop this "it ain't Peach, it's me" statement. I like that you're a man without excuses, Dark. But you ARE making a personal sacrifice in gameplay not picking Meta Knight, Snake, Falco, etc. This ***** ain't got infinite recovery, or kill tilts, or lazer priority. It IS Peach - to an extent. You're playing a C character in an A game. Acknowledge that, and of course be ready to make up for it. Otherwise your doomed to forever be pot fodder thinking "tires don exits".

It IS you. And among these bad performance choices is that you chose Peach. 4cereals

I said many times that this has nothing to do with my character choice. Also is I was money hungry, I would just counterpick with Marth and snake. That would cover all of Peachs pain in the *** match ups.

I might have to rephrase something. I don't play on point when it matters. so lose. even to weak stuff/players. This is not a character problem. its mine. Now if I was to play on point for a chance and go in, still lose, then your point would be valid. But I play like I just started this character when I know better.

Idk how by know people don't know what I play for and that I realize what I am getting into. I did make this after all:

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=84627

I have played ally in tournament and I got close to beating him in both games. I was not mad. I did my thing and lose. I realized is better than me and players a better character.

I played M2K at SNES and I was giving him a hard time to deal with me even though I got 2 stocked both games in backet. I was still playing on point even for a 2 stock.

Lost to Atomsk DDD back then in close games. I was not mad. Cause again, I was on point.

With these matches, I realized that my character has problems and im limited. The difference between losing back then and losing now is

- I had no mental problem
- I played on point
- I had bad days but they never lasted as long as they do now

So I do know what kind of game im getting into and what my character is. Though all that really does not mean anything or affect me for I don't care about getting first/money. if I did, I counterpick characters with the quickness. My main goal is to place high. If I can get first and have a good chance of that, then **** yea, im going for it. But thats a bonus. That's not my goal. And this not being my goal actually states and shows That I know how limited I am and what kind of character I am using.

But the way I been losing, no its not my character fault. Putting blame on something when I am not doing what I am supppose to is just wrong. When I start doing things correctly and still lose, then I can accept this.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
That did not matter,cant win them all, what matter to me was I placed well at this tournaments and gave top players a hard time to beat me with an borderline character.

Again, my reason for playing competitive are different then the rest.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Dark Peach use Ltilt/Rtilt more. If they are using a male or gay character and they look up peach's dress its a free whatever.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Is there a national soon? I get my financial aid disbursed next month and I can finally head somewhere oos~ maybe peach dinner?? ;)

Top Bottom