• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Botanical Gardens of the Mushroom Kingdom

Are you awesome?

• Well DUH!

Votes: 160 30.8%
  • lolz no I'm a minority

Votes: 245 47.1%
  • I'm confused :c

Votes: 115 22.1%

• Total voters

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
LLOD beat MD/VA this past weekend and got 2nd. He beat Junebug, Logic, and Seagull in tournament! lol

Edit: And, apparently, he powershields everything and plays each stock like it's his last.

Nordal

Smash Lord
I hate how clueless people can be. Like completely, utterly clueless.

There was this cute chick who works at the Petco down the street. Cute, loves animals, and dorky, exactly how I like 'em. I'd often talk to her about random stuff, we were both pretty flirtatious. There were a couple hints I got saying we should 'hang out', but those went over my head until I'd leave the store and feel like a *******. School makes me super busy so it's a long *** time but the main reason I never asked her out sooner was cuz I have an extreme fear of rejection.

After awhile of fighting that feeling, I finally get the nerves to go in and ask this girl out to dinner. She says yes, I get her number and we make plans. Well I text this chick and I get no response at all, calls ring for awhile and go to voicemail so I figure she lost her phone or some ****, cuz life happens. That's what my logic was telling me; my emotions were telling me I was a failure and it was all somehow my fault.

So tonight (or rather today, my phone was in my backpack for like 5 hours cuz I forgot it there) I get a text back from her. I read the first sentence and it says she was camping WITH HER BOYFRIEND. AT THIS POINT I'M JUST LIKE

Cuz I already know what's coming up next, but I don't want to read it in case I'm right. I got pretty pissed because this is probably the third time in a row a girl has COMPLETELY missed the fact that I was asking her out. The reality of the situation sinks in and I get mad at how dumb people can be.

After being pissed for like a good minute or so, I finally accept the situation and read the rest of the text. Turns out I was right, and she still wants to go have dinner. As friends. With a person she barely knows at all. After reading that I was just like

I'm just gonna tell her my paychecks got delayed and that I can't go anymore (which is half true, they're only delayed another week but I'll make it sound like it's for a full month).

THE TOO LONG DIDN'T ****ING READ

I asked a girl out on an obvious date, she completely missed the bullseye and thought it was just a friend date.

Would any of you think that a person you barely know asking you out to dinner would be a date, or just 'hanging out'?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That sucks man. That's why I usually ask if they're seeing anyone before I get their number.

Also, I've been playing really well as of late - all the practice has been paying off! Just got 9th out of 60 at a stacked regional this past weekend with :peach:/:metaknight: beating Tech_Chase (7th in MI), Mister Eric (3rd in KY), and Sneakytako (5th in Ohio); losing to AlphaZealot (4th in Ohio - last hit, almosttttttt had it! xD) and Sparta Kick (technically unranked in MI, but one of their best players, we're now 1-1 in sets). Aside from a couple of hesitation moments early on in bracket that I patched right up, the level is play is starting to return to (and exceed) the days of old. Finally!!! I'm back and ready to take over!

Praise be to the wifi gods who train with me.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That's crazy stupid. She knew what she was doing unless she really is just dumb lol. I don't think she did that to spite you though. Nothing wrong with being good friends since she seems really compatible with you from what you said.

Good stuff KB :)

:phone:

Would any of you think that a person you barely know asking you out to dinner would be a date, or just 'hanging out'?
Why in the world would you try dating someone you hardly even know at all? I think your expecting way too much. So yeah, I would take your request as hanging out.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Because once hoes start getting to know you, your chances of being put in the friend zone can drastically increase.

Also, good stuff KB. Any vids of you saved?

Nordal

Smash Lord
Why in the world would you try dating someone you hardly even know at all? I think your expecting way too much. So yeah, I would take your request as hanging out.
I knew her name and some of her interests. Also see below VVV

Because once hoes start getting to know you, your chances of being put in the friend zone can drastically increase.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216

True words. Gotta get them while there's still some mystery to you or else they get too comfortable in knowing you under a certain context (friends) and it's really hard to get beyond that sometimes.

And thanks! I know AZ has our set uploaded, look up his full name on Youtube and check his recent uploads.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Why in the world would you try dating someone you hardly even know at all?
Because dating is exactly that? Getting to know someone?

Meta, I'm actually skeptical of your approach. If this is the third time this has happened, it almost seems like you're tiptoeing around your real motives.

Girls are dumb and will hear what they wanna here, so anything not "I WANT TO SEE YOU ROMANTICALLY" will be taken as "omglol my new gurlfriend christian are gonna see a movie". Gotta be assertive, and drop that fear of rejection - otherwise vague hangout implications end up like this.

She knew what she was doing though. Accepting offers from boys when she has a boyfriend... She was flirting with your idea and then played dumb about it.

Eww wata *****.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Because dating is exactly that? Getting to know someone?

Meta, I'm actually skeptical of your approach. If this is the third time this has happened, it almost seems like you're tiptoeing around your real motives.

Girls are dumb and will hear what they wanna here, so anything not "I WANT TO SEE YOU ROMANTICALLY" will be taken as "omglol my new gurlfriend christian are gonna see a movie". Gotta be assertive, and drop that fear of rejection - otherwise vague hangout implications end up like this.

She knew what she was doing though. Accepting offers from boys when she has a boyfriend... She was flirting with your idea and then played dumb about it.

Eww wata *****.
It was actually a series of unfortunate events. The first two I didn't know that well, but it turns out they were both very flirtatious people who like to go on dates and then say it wasn't a date after (I wasn't the first they've done that to). This one was just like.... stupid cuz at least the other two I only went out with cuz of their looks.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It was actually a series of unfortunate events. The first two I didn't know that well, but it turns out they were both very flirtatious people who like to go on dates and then say it wasn't a date after (I wasn't the first they've done that to). This one was just like.... stupid cuz at least the other two I only went out with cuz of their looks.
That's on you bro. You specifically need to call it a romantic date. On the phone ask if they're ready for a ROMANTIC OUTING with yours truly. If you're being clear with your intentions, there should not be room for doubt.

Don't take **** from ****ty girls. Be clear with what you want from them, otherwise you get walked over like this.

Looks is my #1 reason for seeing someone. No shame in that.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Had this **** happen to me too, Nordal.
Not fun.

Except the girl asked me out randomly instead of me.
Which made it even more awkward when I found out she had a boyfriend.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Hell yeah like meno already told him be direct. Girls will take it as far as it can go. You got lucky that she told you she had a boyfriend from the start, you've just saved soo much time and money.

Top Bottom